Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing FTP over Network & FileZilla Craab

Options
  • 11-02-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a couple of quick questions.

1) Given a computer with two Ethernet cards, can a FTP server plugged into one card be accessible from anywhere on the network which is plugged into the second port? I have a PC, FTP and only one Ethernet cable available from the wall and only a spare Ethernet card. I need the FTP accessible from the wired network of the building.

2) Is there a known bug or "duh you're doing it wrong" trick when transfers 30mb+ files via FileZilla? Transferring from the FTP to PC is fine for multiple large files (2gb total), but sending a single 30mb file to the FTP causes a freeze. Ill take note of error messages on Friday.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Craab eh?
    xD

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

bbk wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a couple of quick questions.

1) Given a computer with two Ethernet cards, can a FTP server plugged into one card be accessible from anywhere on the network which is plugged into the second port? I have a PC, FTP and only one Ethernet cable available from the wall and only a spare Ethernet card. I need the FTP accessible from the wired network of the building.

2) Is there a known bug or "duh you're doing it wrong" trick when transfers 30mb+ files via FileZilla? Transferring from the FTP to PC is fine for multiple large files (2gb total), but sending a single 30mb file to the FTP causes a freeze. Ill take note of error messages on Friday.

Many thanks!

1-You can bridge the two connections on the PC, it requires the machine to be on though. Slower too. Your FTP server would also need IP from this network.

2-No

Advertisement