Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP2015

Options
  • 11-02-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering first of all who's doing the MSAP 2015 and whether anyone has any advise for me?

I have two main concerns:
    1. Will they be hard on me as I'm not an native English speaker
    2. How can I prepare for the multiple choice section, how do I study for this one?

Thanks and best of luck to anyone studying for it :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Can't speak as to the language bit. I wouldn't think so, but I was a native speaker doing it, so there's an obvious bias there. The essay's just your standard 5 paragraph-ish academic essay.

There are some sample multiple choice sections out there. I believe they also sell past papers somewhere. However, I didn't use them too much because MSAP generally go out of their way to make sure no two tests are that similar, but they may have a function in just getting your mind in the right place.

Will try answer any other question you have, if I can be in any way helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I did it last year. I prepared by writing lots of essays and doing a timed 'practice test' with the sample papers the day before. You can't really study for it, but the sample papers can give you an idea of the style of questions.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keithcooper1

I will be sitting the exam next week too, i just recieved my ticket, i too am nervious as hell, i have not written an essay since school, and i am now in my 30's, i am going to start practicing right away, to get used to it. They judge your essays on structure, so i believe, i do not know if grammar will effect your results, and if you are not fluent in English then i suggest you practice an essay and have a fluent English speaker check it for you to see where you stand, it might just give you the confidence to go into the exam. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ktsmurf085

The MCQ is really hard I sat down with it last night !! It's almost like trick questions and it tells you that yes there are multiple answers but look specifically at the question to find the right one 😓

Advertisement