Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

the_monkey wrote: »
    City favourites again

Is there something wrong with you? Were still 7 points clear until we see the city game result.. stop talking **** will you

Im so pissed off its not even funny .. he should be ****ing sacked that ref its a total joke

FFS **** this ****

Barnes should have been sent off long ago the little prick

Matic sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very frustrating, no problem with matic getting the red, he doesn't lose the plot easily. The challenge was atrocious and not a lot of force away from snapping his leg, disgraceful stuff.

Add that to the 2 penalties, we really were robbed.

Matic sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The f*cking worst thing about today wasn't even drawing.

It was the fact that Matic is gonna miss the League Cup final.

What's worse is you can't even criticize him, he's only human. What Barnes did constitutes violent conduct far more than Matic. It was 10x worse than Costa's stamp. Matic's leg could have snapped like a branch if he didn't adjust his body weight over to his other leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

It's quite clearly violent conduct, he pushes him to the ground. That's never getting reduced - if not violent conduct, why was he sent off? A professional foul? Handling on the line?

You can clearly see here Matic ran into him, his arms were up to protect his chest Honest guv it was

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/19503/video-ashley-barnes-nasty-tackle-on-chelseas-matic?

That foul is desperate though

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    The f*cking worst thing about today wasn't even drawing.

It was the fact that Matic is gonna miss the League Cup final.

What's worse is you can't even criticize him, he's only human. What Barnes did constitutes violent conduct far more than Matic. It was 10x worse than Costa's stamp. Matic's leg could have snapped like a branch if he didn't adjust his body weight over to his other leg.

As I said before we are very lucky that did not end his season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That still of Barnes tackle on Matic is disgraceful and he didnt even get booked FFS.

Costa gets a 3 game ban on the back of a "stamp" but there'll be nothing made of Barnes tackle FFS

City 1 up, Aguero

5 point gap boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

You know what I want us to live up to the stereotype now (on the pitch) Costa can stamp all he wants, Ivanovic can have a nibble and the boys out wide might as well dive all round em cause we get served the same dish all the same

City get a bloody penalty in 30 odd seconds and we get 2 turned down today, lovely.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No Mikel for CM against Spurs means Rambo and Cesc will probably play.

Winning today, I wouldnt have cared as much about Matics ban but drawing and a 3 game ban is tough to take.

Atkinson had an absolutely clear view of the Barnes assault I can only assume he is biased as he did not blow for a free kick, he was obviously happy to allow that challenge on a Chelsea player.

Step up Ruben Loftus Cheek.

The FA really are a f*cking joke. City have gotten a good few penalties in the last few games. We have had more shouts but no penalties. Atkinson should be reffing in league two next weekend.

Just watched the Barnes tackle again. I'm actually certain that if that was his standing leg it would have snapped. Barnes is a coward.

The FA really are a f*cking joke. City have gotten a good few penalties in the last few games. We have had more shouts but no penalties. Atkinson should be reffing in league two next weekend.

Just watched the Barnes tackle again. I'm actually certain that if that was his standing leg it would have snapped. Barnes is a coward.

Disagree Atkinson should be sacked he is incompetent

Feck off Newcastle ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Obviously Matic should know the punishment for reacting like that, but you can't blame him at all. It's a pity the FA couldn't look at the incident with a bit of common sense and rescind it. Going to be a huge miss for the final.

RLC wont play, not in the next 3 huge games

Final, London Derby vs West Ham and Southampton who are good.

That tackle was a disgrace and how he got away with it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Arsenal fan here...just saw the Matic incident. Absolute joke that there isn't a red card on the other side there. Possible career ender or huge trauma there and we have experience of that. By the letter of the law maybe Matic has to go but to me it's a glorified push.

Atkinson had a shocking NLD also...Danny Rose tackle on Giroud and several other fouls let go or missed. Must like the underdog on it's day. Anyway...harsh on Matic missing out on possible silverware on the field.

PS. When Piers Morgan is defending a Chelsea player on twitter with such gusto ya know ya have been hard done by!

Bertser wrote: »
    Obviously Matic should know the punishment for reacting like that, but you can't blame him at all. It's a pity the FA couldn't look at the incident with a bit of common sense and rescind it. Going to be a huge miss for the final.

They wont do anything about it but the fact Barnes will get away with it completly will p*ss m eoff no end.

Arsenal fan here...just saw the Matic incident. Absolute joke that there isn't a red card on the other side there. Possible career ender or huge trauma there and we have experience of that. By the letter of the law maybe Matic has to go but to me it's a glorified push.

Atkinson had a shocking NLD also...Danny Rose tackle on Giroud and several other fouls let go or missed. Must like the underdog on it's day. Anyway...harsh on Matic missing out on possible silverware on the field.

PS. When Piers Morgan is defending a Chelsea player on twitter with such gusto ya know ya have been hard done by!

Yea noticed Piers Morgan tweet alright your right it must have been terrible.

That NLD was a farce too, some of the tacles that went unpunished were a joke TBH.

I'm just happy Matic isnt injured after it, horrible tackle.

Judging by headline in press seems TSHO will not be appealing says there is no point as Chelsea never win appeals.

You can't react fair enough I do think he should get a one match ban but that is sufficient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    They wont do anything about it but the fact Barnes will get away with it completly will p*ss m eoff no end.

Nah, they will.

The fact Matic got sent off means the FA will look at the tackle. They may have anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I ****ing hate seeing red cards given for things like that, why can't the referees use some common sense. A quick word with Matic to calm him down would have sufficed. It's bad enough Barnes got away with that horrendous "tackle".

Didn't see any of the game today, was it another case of a bright start followed by a second half where the team just stopped playing?

Save yuourself the hassle, they'll be destroyed by at least 3 goals

And I was right, 24 mins gone and theyre 3 down already.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Nah, they will.

The fact Matic got sent off means the FA will look at the tackle. They may have anyway.

I'd be highly surprised if Barnes gets any punishment wont matter now though, the damage is done, Ramires marking Mee for the goal and losing him, he would have been Matics man for the set piece.

Crackle wrote: »
    I ****ing hate seeing red cards given for things like that, why can't the referees use some common sense. A quick word with Matic to calm him down would have sufficed. It's bad enough Barnes got away with that horrendous "tackle".

Didn't see any of the game today, was it another case of a bright start followed by a second half where the team just stopped playing?

Two stone wall penalty's not given in first half we were very comfortable just going through the motions really when Matic went. Sort of typical of how we have been playing of late alas.

I'd be highly surprised if Barnes gets any punishment wont matter now though, the damage is done, Ramires marking Mee for the goal and losing him, he would have been Matics man for the set piece.

Been critical of Ram myself lately but that is just not his game really so would give him a bye for that.

Two stone wall penalty's not given in first half we were very comfortable just going through the motions really when Matic went. Sort of typical of how we have been playing of late alas.

Huge game next week, win and we can have a bit of confidence for the next 10weeks or so.

Lose and we can fall to pieces.

Been critical of Ram myself lately but that is just not his game really so would give him a bye for that.

Of course not but if Matic is on, hes marking Mee and hes much better at defending than Ramires, alas Matic is off and we lose and whats worse is we've been s**t without Matic even if we won games.

Now we're playing s**t and Matic is gone, going to be a tough 3 games.

Mourinho should have sent Cahill on for the corner IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Judging by headline in press seems TSHO will not be appealing says there is no point as Chelsea never win appeals.

You can't react fair enough I do think he should get a one match ban but that is sufficient

No one wins appeals in fairness unless they are completely unfair.

Mourinho should have sent Cahill on for the corner IMO.

Yea he was going to but didn't, he was changed and on the sideline

I get where you're coming from but it was one bad tackle that injured no-one.

• Advertisement

I get where you're coming from but it was one bad tackle that injured no-one.

So as no one was injured it was OK then?

If the ref had given just one of the penalties we were entitled to we would have been 2 goals up and matic possibly would never have been sent off..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Burnley at home FFS - denied penos or not we should have been about 3 ahead against the likes of these regardless - I am sick of Mourinhos make sure you don't loose before you win philosophy - let the team off the f*cken leash already Jose!!! Last season we could have won the league but threw it away against Sunderland, Villa, Palace etc teams of the same calibre as Burnley... Burnley for jaysis sake...since Xmas we have been less than convincing. I can feel another end of season implosion coming on...

So as no one was injured it was OK then?

No, but just because it wasn't seen by the ref, it shouldn't have changed the course of the game.

No, but just because it wasn't seen by the ref, it shouldn't have changed the course of the game.

I really do not understand what point you are trying to make is it Matic shouldn't have reacted? No he shouldnt but such was the abject level of referring performance think that was borne out of frustration. Losing a man is always likely to affect the outcome of a game when there was still about 25% of it left.

I really do not understand what point you are trying to make is it Matic shouldn't have reacted? No he shouldnt but such was the abject level of referring performance think that was borne out of frustration. Losing a man is always likely to affect the outcome of a game when there was still about 25% of it left.

Yes, he shouldn't have. The idea that Barnes might get retrospectively banned but that this is useless because 'the damage was done' ignores the fact that there was no damage at all.

• Advertisement

nope that makes absolutely no sense at all any how's a bottle of red is calling me

nope that makes absolutely no sense at all any how's a bottle of red is calling me

???

I'm not sure if you mean 'bottle the red' which the ref did or you're going drinking. Isn't spellcheck amazing.

???

There was luckily no damage but there was intent

There was no damage to can when costa"stamped" on him but he got banned . Your point is useless

There was luckily no damage but there was intent

Absolutely...and he should have seen red...and he will deservingly get a 3 match ban.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement