Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I love Chelsea, I've a great passion for them but I woulnt let effect me or others around me.

In the moment, yes, you can be pi**ed off and angry at certain matches and results but thats it, I wouldnt take to a national broadcast whinging down the phone.

Read a good article on why Couthino of Pool is one of the most over rated players in the league, and I agreed by and large.

The main theme was his numbers, 5 goals and 5 assists, its much less than other play makers in the league like Ozil, Silva or Cesc for example.

The article didnt dispute his talent, which of course is there for all to see but he doesnt produce numbers to be lauded like he has been this year. He needs to improve the end product for me but he has the makings of a very good player.

http://tbrfootball.com/why-philippe-coutinho-is-the-most-over-rated-player-in-the-premier-league/
    In 31 Premier League appearances this season, he has registered just five goals and five assists.

That means that he contributes to a goal in one in every three appearances for Liverpool.

In two in three appearances in the Premier League he contributes very little.

I am not suggesting that Philippe Coutinho is a bad footballer. Far from it, he is a very good player, who is capable of influencing games far more than he currently does.

But the simple, unavoidable fact is that all of his peers from the five teams who are Liverpool’s immediate rivals in the league have out performed him.

Cesc Fabregas at Chelsea, Juan Mata at Manchester United, Manchester City’s David Silva and Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen have all registered significantly more goals and assists than Coutinho.

Next question up is who do we want in the community shield? I assume Villa but theyre terrible and wont get one over Arsenal next week so the community shield should be a decent affair in August.

Hopefully we'll have all our business done by then and all players that are meant to have come in the door are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea Villa would be nice but reckon it will be Arsenal alright.

Nice little goodbye from Samsung 10 years they have been the sponsor good Lord doesn't time fly when your winning things (did love Joey's goal)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/5/25/8654073/samsung-pay-tribute-to-a-decade-long-chelsea-partnership

Shame we have no history.........

Yea Villa would be nice but reckon it will be Arsenal alright.

Nice little goodbye from Samsung 10 years they have been the sponsor good Lord doesn't time fly when your winning things (did love Joey's goal)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/5/25/8654073/samsung-pay-tribute-to-a-decade-long-chelsea-partnership

Shame we have no history.........

We were founded in 2003 though, we've got 12 years of history, winning more than most clubs have in their history in those 12 years and more than most clubs over a similar period.

We make history, not re-live it.

Weird
    The four managers to defeat Mourinho this season all had names starting with P: Pardew, Pochettino, Parkinson & Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Weird

Did you see that Bournemouth won the Championship, Bristol City League 1, Burton League 2, Barnet the Conference, and Boring boring Chelsea won the Premier League - really weird :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so what will the future be for Marco van Ginkel & Oriol Romeu ? MVG has been getting good game time for milan in the 2nd half of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Parade looks like decent banter, anyone over? Costa throwing celery about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Celery everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The celery comes in. The celery goes out.

peteeeed wrote: »
    so what will the future be for Marco van Ginkel & Oriol Romeu ? MVG has been getting good game time for milan in the 2nd half of the season

Romeu got a new 3 year contract last summer but my guess is that was just to realise resale value. MvG I think is an excellent player real shame about the injury, I guess at the least one of them will get a pre season with us but it is hard to say. At one stage Romeu looked pretty handy as well.

Oh and whilst I remember Happy International Towel Day everyone, thanks for all the fish......

Romeu got a new 3 year contract last summer but my guess is that was just to realise resale value. MvG I think is an excellent player real shame about the injury, I guess at the least one of them will get a pre season with us but it is hard to say. At one stage Romeu looked pretty handy as well.

I reckon MVG will probably have a better chance of a future at Chelsea but with RLC coming into the team I think that shuts that avenue down, I knwo who I'd prefer in CM anyway.

MVG is still only 22 though so if he is to be kept we have to offload a CM or two and thats before we think of adding to the CM options.

If our CM options next year was Matic, Cesc, MVG and RLC I would actually be shocked but I'd prefer it, selling Mikel and Ramires will allow the two youngsters to flourish.

It really was a shame about MVGs injury in the league cup though.

Diego and the celery is brilliant. :pac:

• Advertisement

Boro 2-0 down in 20mins at Wembley, no EPL for Bamford.....well not for Boro anyway. :o

I reckon MVG will probably have a better chance of a future at Chelsea but with RLC coming into the team I think that shuts that avenue down, I knwo who I'd prefer in CM anyway.

MVG is still only 22 though so if he is to be kept we have to offload a CM or two and thats before we think of adding to the CM options.

If our CM options next year was Matic, Cesc, MVG and RLC I would actually be shocked but I'd prefer it, selling Mikel and Ramires will allow the two youngsters to flourish.

It really was a shame about MVGs injury in the league cup though.

I thought MvG was looking very good indeed when he got that injury, seems AC are very keen to keep him.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/05/25/ac-milan-keen-to-extend-marco-van-ginkel-loan/210224/?

Give us 20million and they can have him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Bamford been poor today, not 100% fit though

Not fit at all . Could barely run around the pitch

• Advertisement

What is the point in playing an unfit player, stick them on the bench fine and let them loose for the last 20 if need be but otherwise plain daft.

Well he'll either be an EPL player with us or hopefully he gets a loan at another side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Chelsea TV is free to air at the moment, showing the Victory parade :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ancelotti gone from Madrid, really hope he doesn't end up at City

Ancelotti gone from Madrid, really hope he doesn't end up at City

The big question is who do they replace with him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Bale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's so dumb, like I know Chelsea ain't saints when it comes to sacking managers, but at least when Di Matteo was sacked there was the plan of Jose in the summer

Klopp wouldn't go near them I'd say, I'm struggling to even think of names after that in terms of managers who are free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's so dumb, like I know Chelsea ain't saints when it comes to sacking managers, but at least when Di Matteo was sacked there was the plan of Jose in the summer

Klopp wouldn't go near them I'd say, I'm struggling to even think of names after that in terms of managers who are free
    Speaking of which RDM has been let go today

Rodgers or Allardyce :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm struggling to even think of names after that in terms of managers who are free

[URL="httphttp://takefootball.com/real-madrid-turn-to-benitez-following-ancelotti-exit/?://"]Rafa[/URL] is being touted as replacement, which will upset a certain corner of Stanley Park....

• Advertisement

Rafa, jaysus. that'll end well. :o

Rafa or big sam, oh I dunno who I'd love more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

ye know Staunton can't be ruled out for this

With Carlo gone, its time to raid Real for Varane :P

With Carlo gone, its time to raid Real for Varane :P

I wonder what his contract situation out a like!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Telegraph say Falcao is desperate to join us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Varane and isco.

....Costa
    Hazard... Isco...bale (:p )
    ........Cesc
    ........Matic
    Azil Terry Varane Ivan
    ......t'bo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Johner wrote: »

And we're desperately throwing cold, cold water on tho those flames!

Johner wrote: »

On loan....and monaco pay 100% of his wages id take him.

Otherwise he can go do one. We all scuffed at the idea of signing him last year as Costa is what we wanted.

Weve got costa so bringing in falcao to warm another bench makes no sense for me personally. Club has more sense than that id hope.

• Advertisement

Also Jamoe Redknapp has said West Ham should approach Carlo Ancelotti.

Thats not a typo of any description.

What a mug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Sky Sports are showing a program called 'Farewell Frank', very worth a watch and emphasises what a class act Lamps is.
    Usually followed by Lampard's PL 100 Club episode.

I'm a bit worried Carlo could join Pool

duploelabs wrote: »

i can't see that , he would cost a fortune and he would want a fortune to change the team .

duploelabs wrote: »

Spurs right now are in a better place than Pool.

Not even Carlo can change their fortunes unless they can spend about 150m on top of getting in a good manager.

As ive said elsewhere, when all the top clubs are looking at the same players, some have bigger draws than others and Pool for me just doesnt cut it right now if theyre fighting with the top 4 for the very best players.

Take Markovic for example, looks ok but they massively overpaid at 20m, reports suggested we baulked at paying half day for him as we had 1st option on him.

Its hard to get the improvements you want and need when other clubs above ya want the same.

falcao wants to join ...apparently , he's on 265000 a week sterling ?????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11629088/Radamel-Falcao-desperate-to-join-Chelsea.html

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

No thanks, Drogba has played a similar amount of games this year and has the same amount of EPL goals.

Ive zero interest in Falcao but we do need a good option to back up Costa and Falcao isnt it.

He had a chance at Utd and had he been a success he wouldnt even be "desperate" to join us.

If he is so desperate I'd be looking for about a 75% pay cut and paying at most, about 15million for him.

Otherwise its a huge waste of club resources.

Thats good he wants to stay.

Winning trophies and collecting 200K a week helps too :pac:

I hope he increases his goals next year though.

As has been pointed out, in Joses 3 titel winning seasons hes managed to get 72, 72 & 73 goals for in a season.

In the season 06/07 we finished 2nd we won both domestic cup finals and finished with only 64 goals but only 3 losses and 6 pts off Utd, we had 83, Jose was sacked soon into the new 07/08 season and the rest was history.

We had to wait a few years for our next title and even longer for the most recent one.

I hope we can defend the title this year, I'd treat both domestic cups with a meh attitude as long as the youths and back up options are given a crack at it.

We've to split all our eggs into the EPL & UCL baskets and see what we come up with.

No doubt other leagues benefit with only having 1 domestic cup, the league cup is a distraction, nice if you win it but if you dont its not the be all to end all.

Pretty much the same as the FA Cup, unless you're winning the EPL or UCL to go with it its not that great IMO.

I'd happily leave the youth go at both competitions if it meant a deep run in the UCL and winning the league again.

Khedira is likely to end up Juventus if reports are to be believed.

Theyve also brought in Dybala, theyre getting some serious talent into their squad to add to the already very good team, if true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement