Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Should we go for Dani Alves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Should we go for Dani Alves?

In a word, no.

Huge earner at Barca amd what age is he, 31, 32.

When you consider Ivan has better qualities in some regards, namely defending crosses and in general being a beast, Alves trumps him all day long from open play but given his age I dont think we should look at him at all.

Take a look at how bad Maicon was at City at a similar age, played about 6 games, he wasnt up to the EPL.

What we need IMO is a good LB and shift Azp to RB for the long term.

Ivans ahad a fine season this year for goals and assists, he has a combined 10 in the league alone but hes pushing on and sooner or later will need to be replaced, we're just lucky we've already got a fine FB in Azp.

Zola Chelsea XI

Think its been posted before but if it hasnt, heres what hes picked.

Cech
    Ivan Desailly JT Le Saux
    Lamps Wise Di MAtteo
    Robben Drogab Hazard

I'm actually surprised at Robben, while a fine player hes amde of glass, hes played a grand total of 420 odd club games so far at 31.

Compare that with Hazard who at 24 has played over 350 already.

Robben was excellent for us but it shows the difference in player, his best tally for goals for us or Real was 9, in Holland and especially Germany hes managed to get to 23 goals for Bayern.

Hazards best goal scoring season has seen him score 22 in France and 19 in England. We've got a special talent on our hands but he Hazard has to push on even more and I think he can, hes never going to be Messi or Ronaldo-esque in his goal tallies, nobody will but if he can add another 5 or 10 goals bringing him over 20 for the season in total that would be good, pushing closer to 30 would be exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Robben would probably be in the team, or close to it, in terms of what he has done as a player overall

But as a Chelsea player, he shouldn't be there

Also he forgot himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Needs more Ashley Cole.
    And one tackle, two tackle, three Makelele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Agree with both above, loved Le Saux but Cole outshone him. And people are always forgetting that Robben was not world class with us the majority of the time, only properly shone once he left. I'd argue for Duff over him during their time with us.

Chelsea awards tonight.

Oscars win foal of the season
    Zouma Young POTY
    Solanke Academy POTY
    Hazard Players, POTY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know Oscar was a bit of a horse at times, but to name him foal of the year, jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I know Oscar was a bit of a horse at times, but to name him foal of the year, jaysus

Jesus yeah Gav, you'd want to 'rein' it in a bit....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Just noticed chelsea tv HD on air at 422 on sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jose from the end of season awards dinner last night talking about his rivals

"I don't think my players got the respect that they deserve after what they did from day one till the last day.

"And these are words that I really feel, serious words."

Following the speech, Mourinho added: "The end of the story is just simple. We have to start believing that they learned the lesson and next season will be much, much more difficult for us. We have to be ready for that."

Mourinho's story was accompanied by graphics at the end of season dinner, where players celebrated a season in which they won the Premier League title and Capital One Cup.

"This is a football pitch with two goals, one ball, but there is one team that would like to play without goals," he said, of the plain red-shirted team, or Manchester United.

"That team plays really well and the ball goes and goes and goes and the quality of the ball possession is really beautiful, but no goals.

"And they ask the international board of FIFA to play like this, but they were told that it was not possible, that the bigger percentage of ball possession doesn't win matches and they were not champions.”

Mourinho then moved on to Manchester City, who finished eight points behind Chelsea in second.

He said: "After that there was another team (wearing sky blue shirts) that were less radical and they asked to play only with one goal.

"They were fantastic and they scored a lot of goals and the goals were coming from every position and they score and they score and they score, but they never conceded goals, because no goal.

“Again, the international board told them 'I'm sorry, you can't be champions because football is with two goals'.”

Speaking of Arsenal, Mourinho said: "The third team (red shirts, white sleeves) was almost there, because they wanted to play with two goals.

"They were scoring some, they were also conceding some. They were fantastic. They scored really beautiful goals, they concede some goals too and they were almost there.

"But they asked the international board to play only between January and April. And they told 'no chance, no chance'.

"You have to play between August and May, so they couldn't be champions.”

Lastly, of his own Chelsea side, Mourinho said: “Finally come another team (blue shirts). They wanted to play with the normal rules and they know that to win matches they had to score one more goal than the opponent.

"How can you do this? By scoring a lot of goals or not conceding and scoring one.

"And they did it both ways. Scoring a lot, conceding some. Scoring one goal and conceding no goals.

"That was the option and lots of goals were conceding, they played from August till May and sometimes they brought the bus.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9866232/Jose-Mourinho-speech-pokes-fun-at-Chelsea-rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »
    jose from the end of season awards dinner last night talking about his rivals

"I don't think my players got the respect that they deserve after what they did from day one till the last day.

"And these are words that I really feel, serious words."

Following the speech, Mourinho added: "The end of the story is just simple. We have to start believing that they learned the lesson and next season will be much, much more difficult for us. We have to be ready for that."

Mourinho's story was accompanied by graphics at the end of season dinner, where players celebrated a season in which they won the Premier League title and Capital One Cup.
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9866232/Jose-Mourinho-speech-pokes-fun-at-Chelsea-rivals
    "This is a football pitch with two goals, one ball, but there is one team that would like to play without goals," he said, of the plain red-shirted team, or Manchester United.

"That team plays really well and the ball goes and goes and goes and the quality of the ball possession is really beautiful, but no goals.

"And they ask the international board of FIFA to play like this, but they were told that it was not possible, that the bigger percentage of ball possession doesn't win matches and they were not champions.”

Mourinho then moved on to Manchester City, who finished eight points behind Chelsea in second.

He said: "After that there was another team (wearing sky blue shirts) that were less radical and they asked to play only with one goal.

"They were fantastic and they scored a lot of goals and the goals were coming from every position and they score and they score and they score, but they never conceded goals, because no goal.

“Again, the international board told them 'I'm sorry, you can't be champions because football is with two goals'.”

Speaking of Arsenal, Mourinho said: "The third team (red shirts, white sleeves) was almost there, because they wanted to play with two goals.

"They were scoring some, they were also conceding some. They were fantastic. They scored really beautiful goals, they concede some goals too and they were almost there.

"But they asked the international board to play only between January and April. And they told 'no chance, no chance'.

"You have to play between August and May, so they couldn't be champions.”

Lastly, of his own Chelsea side, Mourinho said: “Finally come another team (blue shirts). They wanted to play with the normal rules and they know that to win matches they had to score one more goal than the opponent.

"How can you do this? By scoring a lot of goals or not conceding and scoring one.

"And they did it both ways. Scoring a lot, conceding some. Scoring one goal and conceding no goals.

"That was the option and lots of goals were conceding, they played from August till May and sometimes they brought the bus.”

Yea was quite good here is the video

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2015/05/must-see-jose-mourinhos-speech-at.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Good to see TSSHO is not resting on his laurels wit mind games already at play against City, Arsenal and United. Interesting he picks on those three but ignores Spurs and Liverpool - is he telling us who he see's as serious competition?

Good to see TSSHO is not resting on his laurels wit mind games already at play against City, Arsenal and United. Interesting he picks on those three but ignores Spurs and Liverpool - is he telling us who he see's as serious competition?

Neither spurs or pool are contenders imo.

Top 4 maybe but not worthy of a title challenge.

I was loling at the bus comment too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

hots wrote: »
    Brilliant :D

Its not quiet as mad as LVGs end of season speech but I'll take it. :P

GavRedKing wrote: »

Costa giggling away at the end of the video was funny as well, looked as though they were enjoying themselves anyway!

• Advertisement

Costa giggling away at the end of the video was funny as well, looked as though they were enjoying themselves anyway!

The mood is helped by the trophy haul too :D

Hopefully next year we'll have 1 more game in Europe and the POTY dinner will be pushed back ;)

I'm not 100% sure when the Yokohama deal starts, if its 1st June then hopefully we'll see a Jersey soon.

If its 1st August then I'll be sick of waiting :pac:

Fergie on Jose.
    "Champions will always be the ones to beat. Jose knows his squad well. He's settled. It's going to be a very successful few years for Chelsea.

He added: "There's a change in Jose, he's looking at the long term and what's coming through ... the next few years are going to be sore for us."

I'm not 100% sure when the Yokohama deal starts, if its 1st June then hopefully we'll see a Jersey soon.

starts at the start of 2015/2016

starts at the start of 2015/2016

Its not specific though, the Samsung deal must have an end date, we wont rock up to the community shield wearing the jersey for the first time without anybody knowing about it :pac:

Hopefully its up soon, I need to get ordering some Chinese Chelsea kits :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He's been a bleedin donkey in some matches

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    He's been a bleedin donkey in some matches

Hes also a saleable asset that could be gone in the summer.

If we bring in an upgrade I'd be all for it. Hes far too inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What do ye make of cahil towards the end of the season ? I think he really turned it around tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Hes also a saleable asset that could be gone in the summer.

If we bring in an upgrade I'd be all for it. Hes far too inconsistent.

He will be consistent next season imo with his first summer off since joining us, i think?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What do ye make of cahil towards the end of the season ? I think he really turned it around tbh

I think the tactics helped him no end, when we were more expansive he was a bit more exposed, we shored it up and he looked better.

Was good to see but I think we've to give Zouma game time at CB next to JT, hes going to learn more from him than Cahill in the short term.

Cahill has been a good buy though, when you consider what CBs are going for and how some at triple the price have been useless, I'm looking at you Lovern, hes been a huge success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are we playing Thailand all stars on the 30th?
    Hopefully see it then?

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Are we playing Thailand all stars on the 30th?
    Hopefully see it then?
    Thailand all stars - 30th May
    Sydney FC - 2nd June
    NY Red Bulls - 23rd July
    PSG - 25th July
    Barcelona - 29th July
    Fiorentina - 5th August

Thats our pre season so far. Maybe alocal game will be thrown in somewhere but looking at the schedule its very unlikely.

The South Americans, if they get to the Copa America final will be in Colombia until the 4th of July.

They'll probably wont feature until the Fiorentina game, rest of the squad will probably get 3 or 4 weeks off before we're back in early or mid July for pre season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Alright lads is the new Chelsea kit on sale yet anyone know? Heading up to Dublin today and looking to pick up one or the nephew, cheers.

I think the tactics helped him no end, when we were more expansive he was a bit more exposed, we shored it up and he looked better.

Was good to see but I think we've to give Zouma game time at CB next to JT, hes going to learn more from him than Cahill in the short term.

Cahill has been a good buy though, when you consider what CBs are going for and how some at triple the price have been useless, I'm looking at you Lovern, hes been a huge success.

Well lets not be myopic, at christmas we're sure he's going to be sold

Alright lads is the new Chelsea kit on sale yet anyone know? Heading up to Dublin today and looking to pick up one or the nephew, cheers.

Not at the moment, wont be on sale for another few weeks.
    Well lets not be myopic, at christmas we're sure he's going to be sold

Oh dont I know and he could still be sold in the summer if we bring in a CB.

Since hes signed though for what, 7m or 8m, by and large hes been a success.

I'm still not sold on his long term ability to lead the team, playing next to JT helps him, when hes played with England hes looked poor at stages.

De Bruyne said he'd never come back to Chelsea as long as Jose is in charge.

Good one mate.

De Bruyne said he'd never come back to Chelsea as long as Jose is in charge.

Good one mate.

Fair enough. He wasn't good enough when he was with us and was sold for a good return, no regrets there.

Fair enough. He wasn't good enough when he was with us and was sold for a good return, no regrets there.

Talent was there but the attitude wasnt, never a good thing.

I mean who did he think he was going to play reguarly over in that team?

We had just bought Willian and he was going to be up against Mata, Hazard, Oscar as well as Schurrle for a game.

The competition for those places was insane and acting like he deserved anything more than what he got is stupid.

The last thing a good squad needs is a guy thinking hes arrived before he has, same with Lukaku.

I hoped both would stay and play but their attitudes are off and its why theyre not currently playing for big teams.

It will likely change for both of them in the coming years in terms of who they play for both I dont think we lost out on much if you have to babysit them and massage their egos and demands, especially at their age and standing in the game at the time.

The squad are off on two post season tour games at the moment, leaving today.

Will probably be highlights on Chelsea TV, cant imagine you'd be able to watch either game and with the time difference, I'm not sure I'd want too either :pac:

LVGs was a drunken rant and was more embarrassing then funny...

Next season, what do people prefer if they had a choice of one, the league or the UCL?

Personally, I dont think we'll win the UCL with this squad, its too thin on quality numbers, if we can rotate players better and Jose trusts the youths and fringe players we can have a good shot at both as to really be involved in winning both you have to make changes and trust the other players in your squad, not just the 7 or 8 go to guys.

If we add an extra bit of quality, with some luck, we can win the UCL next year but for me I'd take another season of EPL title and a domestic cup but I'm not too bothered about the domestic cups really.

• Advertisement

League next year again just to prove it wasn't a fluke, then the double the year after. Thank you please

League next year again just to prove it wasn't a fluke, then the double the year after. Thank you please

I want a treble :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I really really really want a few leagues in a row. 3 would be nice.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I really really really want a few leagues in a row. 3 would be nice.

3 in a row is a record held by a few teams, Utd are the most recent side to do it, weirdly after Fergie pipped Jose in 06/07, Carlo then stopped Utd making history by stopping them in 09/10 of winning a record setting 4 in a row.

Theres no reason we cant target 3 or 4 in a row but lets defend it first. :)

UCL top priority .... never gonna happen tho, 2012 only UCL Chelsea will ever win.

the_monkey wrote: »
    UCL top priority .... never gonna happen tho, 2012 only UCL Chelsea will ever win.

Jose will win us a UCL at some stage.

Atsu (remember him) having talks with Bournemouth for a season long loan

Atsu (remember him) having talks with Bournemouth for a season long loan

Hopefully he'll get some time unlike when he was at everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Jose will win us a UCL at some stage.

Possible, if he is given time ... will he tho ??

Anyway ...Congrats Sevilla on another UEFA cup ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement