Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Something I missed but apparently Ake is being sent out to Boro for next season.

Remy puts us 1-0 up, have to check Twitter for a look of the goal.

Ive just seen Remys goal :eek:

F**k me, it was a cracker, right edge of the box and he smashes a left legged effort into the opposite top corner, keeper no chance.

Also its very interesting and will pop up somewhere, that Samsung is now gone off our shirts today.

Its been replaced with a white logo saying Chelsea FC Foundation but its still the 2014/15 style jersey so the new Yokohama kits havent been brought on tour it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Another 1-0 win ... :confused:

GavRedKing wrote: »

I like that jersey .. I wonder is it possible to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ive just seen Remys goal :eek:

F**k me, it was a cracker, right edge of the box and he smashes a left legged effort into the opposite top corner, keeper no chance.

Also its very interesting and will pop up somewhere, that Samsung is now gone off our shirts today.

Its been replaced with a white logo saying Chelsea FC Foundation but its still the 2014/15 style jersey so the new Yokohama kits havent been brought on tour it seems.

83,000 at it. Decent game, Hazard played about 80 minutes, Terry, Ivanovic, Azpilacueta and Cech played the full game. Pretty cringe the commentators talking about players pre-arranging to swap shirts, then the manager asks Jose for his jacket!

Jose has had some really strong words about loftus cheek today according to reports on Twitter.

Basically said he couldnt trust his performances in midfield.

Wonder how true the Costa exit reports are , BBC picking it up now ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the_monkey wrote: »
    Another 1-0 win ... :confused:

leopards and spots and all that - something you're very familiar with I imagne :D

the_monkey wrote: »
    Wonder how true the Costa exit reports are , BBC picking it up now ...

No hope, story is coming from Marid and picked up via The Mirror and now it seems BBC.

Anyway, if he was to leave hes worth more than what we paid and hes on considerably more money. No way Atletico can afford him.

Its a BS story.

The most under whelming news is the supposed interest in Ener Valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Did anyone watch the game? How bad was Loftus Cheek?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the game? How bad was Loftus Cheek?

I didnt but my take on it is that RLC probably didnt do what Jose wanted tactcially.

Jose having a go at him in the media is either going to spur him on, like Hazard, or cripple him and he'll be loaned out.

Its all specualtion but if it is something like the above situation he should get his head down and come back to pre-season raring to go and impress.

Nobody in this Chelsea squad is going to get favourable treatment so he'll have to work for everything he gets, like the rest of them and I hope he has it in him.

Just some issues from todays game.
    "He has to learn that at 19 you have to run three times more than the others, you have to play to your limits and not play like a superstar with the ball at your feet because this is not Under-18s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11646093/Jose-Mourinho-blasts-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-after-poor-Chelsea-display.html
    Mourinho scathing of young Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek's work rate. Not impressed with his young group as a whole
    Jose Mourinho says his relationship with Loftus-Cheek has 'taken a step back' after clash against Sydney FC.

From the horses mouth:
    "(It is) quite a simple answer,"

"It's always a bit more difficult in the first season for adaptation, but I have no reason to leave this place, I love it, the fans love me and I want to stay.

"It's really good to come in the first season and win two things. It's really important and next year I'll be ready to come back and hopefully win a couple more trophies."

Diego Costa I assume?

Yup, he was talking to Chelsea tv post game.

• Advertisement

Yup, he was talking to Chelsea tv post game.

Good man Costa.

Sure next year hes going to win a treble, why would he want to leave. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jose not a bit happy with RLC's performance against Sydney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Panthro wrote: »
    Jose not a bit happy with RLC's performance against Sydney.

when you read the comments he was saying about how he is way to good for the u-18 level and saw yesterday he was not working when not in possession of the ball . i seem to remember a similar kick up the arse to joe cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    when you read the comments he was saying about how he is way to good for the u-18 level and saw yesterday he was not working when not in possession of the ball . i seem to remember a similar kick up the arse to joe cole

...and Hazard, at that age and with the limited opportunities in our first team every time there's a ball within 100yards of them they should be busting their balls. Hopefully it was a motivational move anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Il be sickened if Loftus cheek doesn't make it tbh. Did he play very bad or did he just not work hard enough

• Advertisement

The main issue, from the reports is that Jose said when we had the ball he was always looking for it, and moving.

When they had it he was happy to let Mikel and Matic do all the chasing. Jose also said that apparently RLC had a back injury when Sydney had the ball but was free from pain when we had it. :o

Jose trusts this guy, I think its constructive criticism and he expects so much more for him and is pushing thew guy to take his chance, if hes sent on loan this summer instead of being kept in the squad after pre-season you can tell what he done over the summer.

If I was RLC I'd take it that Jose expects me to be fitter, Jose said hes too good for the U18s and he is but the step up is huge so instead of f**king off to Vegas or Marbella with my buddies on the lash I'd be taking pre-season seriously and hit the gym and come back in the shape of my life, busting my bo**ocks for Jose and the coaching staff to prove I deserve such a shot at 1st team football with Chelsea.

Theres plenty of time to act the lad when youre more established but when youre trying to break into the team he should be focusing on what the team tell him and take any advice from them and the senior players.

RLC has a huge chance and hopefully he has the right attitude and approach to it over the coming months as he can easily be our go to CM after Matic and Cesc and it would save us a fortyune not having to buy a CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »

I could be wrong, and I probaby am, but I'm sure in the past Jose has been refused point blank to even mention other teams players. I think this story has legs, whether or not we're prepared to pay the money though is another thing.

If we do get Griezmann it wont be done early like Cesc and Costa, I think this could drag on well into August, the money involved is eye watering but the new TV deal and sponsorship deal are due to kick in so the money is there.

so 2 years ago today this happened
    article-2335102-1A20B692000005DC-224_634x513.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/22574810

Hopefully theres a new 2/3 tear contract signed soon. Probably when he comes back from Oz.

• Advertisement

Between coming 1st and TV deals, we made nearly 100m last year.

That will increase once the new TV deal comes into play too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3108205/Chelsea-earned-record-99m-prize-money-Premier-League-title-success.html

So latest rumours from us, include Griezmann, Miranda and Higuain.

Apparently we're also in for Alderweild of Atletico who was on loan at Southampton last year.

Would be a good squad option IMO.

So latest rumours from us, include Griezmann, Miranda??? and Higuain.

Miranda%20Hart.jpg

Miranda%20Hart.jpg

Shes certainly a large enough figure to play CB. :o

Marca not content with trying wind us up with Costa, Courtois and Luis have now said we'll be signing Falcao.

Feck off and leave us alone. :o

Falcao deal is mesnt to be for £25m too.

The Metro and Marca, its 100% on so. :pac:

They also said Cuadrado is on the way out but thats stemming from reports in Italy.

No way he'll be sold unless we've a replacement RW on the way in and we get close as possible to the fee we paid.

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/petr-cech-asks-for-arsenal-move-to-keep-his-family-in-london-10294099.html

More pointing towards Cech at Arsenal next season. I know it's been said ten times over but he's the one player I don't mind going wherever he wants, even if we don't rob the bank like the Mata/Luiz deals.

hots wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/petr-cech-asks-for-arsenal-move-to-keep-his-family-in-london-10294099.html

More pointing towards Cech at Arsenal next season. I know it's been said ten times over but he's the one player I don't mind going wherever he wants, even if we don't rob the bank like the Mata/Luiz deals.

Dont forget Lukaku, his fee alone nearly paid for Costa which was a blessing in disguise.

If ya want to look it we replaced all those players with upgrades for cheaper than the outlay, the only issue was giving Benfica Matic but he had to progress and he did, massively at Benfica with game time. so even if you factor in the 21m paid for Matic and 25m for Luiz combined we still got PSG to pay more for Luiz alone :o

Matic > Luiz
    Cesc > Mata
    Costa > Lukaku

65m > 117m

Case closed.

I'm also willing to bet we'll be in for a 2nd/3rd choice CF but getting a crocked CF worth 25m is as bad a deal as possible IMO.

Its up there with signing Balotelli and hoping he comes good.

I'm also willing to bet we'll be in for a 2nd/3rd choice CF but getting a crocked CF worth 25m is as bad a deal as possible IMO.

Its up there with signing Balotelli and hoping he comes good.

It's like Balotelli except for 10 more :( If we do go for him Mourinho must have seen something in him he thinks he can get back. Everything from touch to passing to work rate looked shocking with Utd never mind actually scoring goals.

Would rather have no replacement tbh.

It's like Balotelli except for 10 more :( If we do go for him Mourinho must have seen something in him he thinks he can get back. Everything from touch to passing to work rate looked shocking with Utd never mind actually scoring goals.

Would rather have no replacement tbh.

I thought his work rate was good but the guy doesnt have the pace he once had and for such a stocky, small guy, he was bullied too easy off the ball.

I think if Utd could have got him for cheaper they might have kept him but they were never going to pay 40m and 300k a week for him, hell, I dont think hes worth 20m and 150k a week.

If this was the old Chelsea back in 2004-10 I reckon we'd happily stump up the cash and even give him a 5 year deal, I'd be very surprsied if we did sign Falcao though.

We need the next Falcao, not the current crocked one.

I think if Utd could have got him for cheaper they might have kept him but they were never going to pay 40m and 300k a week for him, hell, I dont think hes worth 20m and 150k a week.

Half of that, tops. If we do sign someone I'd like to see either a big target man/pacey forward to offer something different to throw on if we need an extra goal or a pure poacher a la Hernandez. Sure we could go out and pick up 5*£5m young strikers and one of them will be better than Falcao last season.

Terry on RLC:
    He's a young boy and he needs to take it on the chin. If you want to get into this team you need to be very good and, secondly, you need to be mentally strong. The manager picks his times when he digs people out; that's part of his learning curve and he's got the offseason to think about that now.

He's made a couple of games, come on a couple of times and started a couple of games late in the season, but for him to make that next step and become a regular, it doesn't happen easily. It's going to be hard work for him.

I also think this interview with Lampard is applicable to RLC, pretty much says unless you are Messi, there is no substitute for hard work.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frank-lampard-hard-work-is-the-key--unless-you-are-lionel-messithe-rest-of-us-have-to-graft-10290776.html

Terry on RLC:

I also think this interview with Lampard is applicable to RLC, pretty much says unless you are Messi, there is no substitute for hard work.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frank-lampard-hard-work-is-the-key--unless-you-are-lionel-messithe-rest-of-us-have-to-graft-10290776.html

Well if the captain and manager are coming out and giving you advice and criticism in different ways then he has to learn from it.

Hes not done anything wrong but they just want him to push on for next season as hes likely going to be the next in-line to play CM after Cesc and Matic and he might even be 1st chocie if we push Cesc into a #10 role.

The guy is Chelsea through and through, being with us since hes 8 or 9 so he knows what it means to play for Chelsea so let hope he doesnt think hes made it and as I said, takes this summer as an opportunity to impress everyone when they come back for pre-season.

From the Lamps interview this is striking.
    “I’d be saying, ‘be strong mentally, look after yourself, and don’t get involved in social media nonsense’. I don’t want to sound like a taskmaster because there’s a balance but I remember one of my and John Terry’s bugbears when I was at Chelsea was young players turning up for training in their flash cars and sitting in the Jacuzzi talking on their mobile phones

• Advertisement

Half of that, tops. If we do sign someone I'd like to see either a big target man/pacey forward to offer something different to throw on if we need an extra goal or a pure poacher a la Hernandez. Sure we could go out and pick up 5*£5m young strikers and one of them will be better than Falcao last season.

Thats why I think everyone wants to give Bamford a go. Hes proved he can score goals if given a chance.

I think we'll bring in back up just look at Jose bringing Etoo and Drogba as evidence he wont play Bamford or Solanke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement