Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well if the captain and manager are coming out and giving you advice and criticism in different ways then he has to learn from it.

Hes not done anything wrong but they just want him to push on for next season as hes likely going to be the next in-line to play CM after Cesc and Matic and he might even be 1st chocie if we push Cesc into a #10 role.

The guy is Chelsea through and through, being with us since hes 8 or 9 so he knows what it means to play for Chelsea so let hope he doesnt think hes made it and as I said, takes this summer as an opportunity to impress everyone when they come back for pre-season.

I think it's very important for a young player's feet to be kept on the ground, otherwise you end up with a player with reasonable talent but an overinflated ego like Lukaku, who today was edging a move away from Everton again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Hi lads,

John Terry's autobiography was supposedly to go on sale on Friday. Surprisingly it seems to have received no media attention. Had another quick Google for it and it's now saying its for release 2016. Anybody know anything about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Danye wrote: »
    Hi lads,

John Terry's autobiography was supposedly to go on sale on Friday. Surprisingly it seems to have received no media attention. Had another quick Google for it and it's now saying its for release 2016. Anybody know anything about this?

He might have gotten a contract extension and decided to hold back for another chapter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

kev1.3s wrote: »
    He might have gotten a contract extension and decided to hold back for another chapter ;)

I actually think it may of been a different John Terry. :o

My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Vitesse coach suggested that Jose would be taken Bertrand Traore back for next year, as hes under 21 he wouldnt take up a squad space but I dont see him getting much game time. It would however give us options to rotate and push further in Europe and maybe the domestic cups too, I'm all for it.

• Advertisement

We wont be signing James Milner, thank christ. :o

The guy is joining Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looks like Falcao might be happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Johner wrote: »

according to every news source and morning paper

Not really sure how I feel about it, he was really poor last season but in a better team and with a bit of confidence who knows? I'd be okay with a loan deal. Buying him for £25 million? no thanks.

Its all down to the fee and wages.

Monaco wont want to loan him and they arent going to get anywhere near what they paid, neither will Falcao.

If it was for 15m and 100k a week I'd be very cautious about the deal, the fact thats it will probably be 25m and about 150k a week is a waste of money IMO.

Its in effect, wasting the difference between the Yokohama and Samsung deal on one player who I dont think will do anything for us and we'll end up giving away fro free in 24-30months.

Falcao has no re-sale value and at his age hes far from what he was 3-4 years ago, its like replacing Torres with a slightly better version of himself.

• Advertisement

The only saving grace is that the papers reporting it arent reliable so hopefully its a load of bo**ocks.

I reckon he'd score more goals for us than Utd as we're a much better outfit but I still dont think he'd justify the price tag.

I was talking to a Utd fan at the start of the season and he was adamant falco would turn out to be a Utd legend, more like deluded I taught!
    Well he's never going to be a Utd legend but let's hope his faith in him wasn't misplaced.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I was talking to a Utd fan at the start of the season and he was adamant falco would turn out to be a Utd legend, more like deluded I taught!
    Well he's never going to be a Utd legend but let's hope his faith in him wasn't misplaced.

We all had our reserves about him in here last year when it looked like it was Costa or Falcao and I personally wouldnt have touched Falcao with his knee ijury and the fact he was rushed back for the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I can't think of a worse prospect than signing Falcao, unless it's as a favour to Mendes so we can sign a serious prospect of his (there are worse ways of doing business, I think)

duploelabs wrote: »
    I can't think of a worse prospect than signing Falcao, unless it's as a favour to Mendes so we can sign a serious prospect of his (there are worse ways of doing business, I think)

Mendes has made a fortune from Chelsea.

Mourinho, Ferreria, Carvalho, T.Mendes, Maniche, Deco, Scolari, Mourinho again, Costa.

Thats a serious amount of deals between us, I dont think we owe Mendes anything.

Looking at his list of clients, the biggest ones are already at huge clubs so hopefully Falcao can f**k off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I can't see us signing Falcao. He wouldn't get much game time over Costa or remy anyway so why would he want to join us ?? We're not going to give him 300000 a week or anywhere near it. I really hope we don't sign him, we have Bamford for a decent 3rd choice

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I can't see us signing Falcao. He wouldn't get much game time over Costa or remy anyway so why would he want to join us ?? We're not going to give him 300000 a week or anywhere near it. I really hope we don't sign him, we have Bamford for a decent 3rd choice

I reckon Bamford will go on 1 more loan, ideally to an EPL side.

I also dont want Falcao but it does fit Joses mould with guys like Drogba and Eto'o playing for 1 season and adding experience.

However, I dont think theres many CFs around that will want to play 2nd fiddle to Costa and we wont be playing 2 up top so I'd be all for Remy, Costs and Bamford or Solanke.

I reckon Bamford will go on 1 more loan, ideally to an EPL side.

I also dont want Falcao but it does fit Joses mould with guys like Drogba and Eto'o playing for 1 season and adding experience.

However, I dont think theres many CFs around that will want to play 2nd fiddle to Costa and we wont be playing 2 up top so I'd be all for Remy, Costs and Bamford or Solanke.

Ya It would be nice to have bamford/solanke as 3rd choice. I hope remy stays aswel tbh he was a great buy

Ya It would be nice to have bamford/solanke as 3rd choice. I hope remy stays aswel tbh he was a great buy

Ya, if Remy can stay injury free this term it will do him and us the world of good.

I reckon he'll push 10-12 league goals which would be good from a number 2 CF.

• Advertisement

lol.

i like that player , i'll have him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Hypotethically speaking but just say Costa and Remy get injured in the week leading up to a run of games against City, Madrid and United would you honestly be content with Bamford leading the line?

I wouldn't sell Zouma for £100 million, he's 20 and already a beast and has the potential to be world class/Chelsea captain.

Bamford needs to be playing first team football, he's 21 so there's really no point in him sitting on our bench for a year as 3rd choice striker. Ideally he'll get a Premier League loan and see how he does then.

Zouma to Serie A is loltastic. :)

Bloody crazy Presidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

slingerz wrote: »
    Hypotethically speaking but just say Costa and Remy get injured in the week leading up to a run of games against City, Madrid and United would you honestly be content with Bamford leading the line?

If something that mad did happen then yup either Bamford steps up or you decide that for the AAA games you throw Haz/Fab up front because that sort of game would be too much for Bamford.

Spending 20mil on a 3rd choice player with big wages and no upside just for cover in such a scenario is crazy imo.

Pedro was linked, hes signed a new contract with Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Barely a week in and i'm already sick of the amount of bull**** going around on transfers.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Barely a week in and i'm already sick of the amount of bull**** going around on transfers.

At least it doesnt involve someone like Hazard going to Barca/Bayern/Real.

I'd prefer if the incoming players liked were Pogba/Varane/Messi rather than Falcao though, thats a given. :o

With Rafa rocking up at Real, whats the chances we'll draw them in the UCL at some stage? Ideally it would be in the same group.

Would be good to see Jose v Rafa MK II in Europe.

With Rafa rocking up at Real, whats the chances we'll draw them in the UCL at some stage? Ideally it would be in the same group.

Would be good to see Jose v Rafa MK II in Europe.

Semi-Final please :)

hots wrote: »
    Semi-Final please :)

He'll be long sacked by that stage :pac:

Buddy in work is bemused with the Milner signing.

His words, "why pay Milner120-150k a week? Should have just gave it to Sterling to tie him down"

TBH, he has a point, with Sterlings contract situation the way it currently is, although I did point out to him that it wasnt just Gerrard leaving that theyed save money on, Glen Johnson wipes about 100k off the wage bill a week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

TimRiggins wrote: »

Sure, just ignore all the rumours , I just check the BBC for confirmed signings, football season is over, no more important matches until August.

Djokovic looked good yesterday - Chelsea fan too :)

• Advertisement

Apparently Douglas Costa has said this.
    ‘Eventually the time comes when you get tired of playing always in the same league,’ he told Bild.

‘I’m 24 years old and it is worth trying to tell people that I want to go.’

‘We have a wonderful coach in Mircea Lucescu, but I think it’s time for a change and I think Mourinho is the best in the world.’

Theres reports in Russia, that Zenit and AVB might be in for Falcao.

That would save us a fortune, do us a favour AVB. :)

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sure, just ignore all the rumours , I just check the BBC for confirmed signings, football season is over, no more important matches until August.

Djokovic looked good yesterday - Chelsea fan too :)
    Yeah but could he play as a third striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fock it, I'm getting on the bandwagon before the flop.....

Kamon you let let down!!!

Can we get Kalou instead of Falcao?

:)

• Advertisement

Apparently Roma have bid for Cuadrado.

What do ye think about cuadrado? If we got an offer of say 18m sterling should we take it or should we give him a chance next season.

He came to the club at a bad time for him to shine imo we weren't playing the best of our ability when he joined so I say give him a chance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Have to keep him. 25+ million spent on a player he needs to stay longer than 6 months.

He has been muck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hope Loftus-Cheek takes his criticism well, it's not guaranteed that anyone will, especially a very young player..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Have to keep him. 25+ million spent on a player he needs to stay longer than 6 months.

He has been muck though.
    He badly needs a full pre-season with everyone else, the problem is he'll miss most of it because of the Copa America.

If the club keeps him and he continues to perform as he has done so far, it'll kill any hope of recouping a decent amount of his transfer fee. If a bid in and around 20 million comes in I think they should let him go.

So all the Falcao news today is its meant to be a loan deal and Falcao reportedly wants it sorted in the coming weeks.

The player himself has said he wants to stay in England. :o

So all the Falcao news today is its meant to be a loan deal and Falcao reportedly wants it sorted in the coming weeks.

The player himself has said he wants to stay in England. :o

hmm a loan would be better but I still don't particularly want the big wages or a player who Jose may feel obliged to give game time to...

Also why does he want to stay? He's been here 5 minutes, did he not get his fill of rainy Brittania nights as it is?

hots wrote: »
    hmm a loan would be better but I still don't particularly want the big wages or a player who Jose may feel obliged to give game time to...

Also why does he want to stay? He's been here 5 minutes, did he not get his fill of rainy Brittania nights as it is?

Southern England > Northern England.

Its like St. Tropez in London when compared to Manchester :pac:

I'd take him on loan, the reports are saying Jose wants the deal done. I'm just delighted last year we went for Costa and not Falcao. You wont win a league with a guy scoring 4 goals.

In other CF news, Mauro Icardi has signed an extension with Inter, he can be ruled out.

Southern England > Northern England.

Its like St. Tropez in London when compared to Manchester :pac:

I'd take him on loan, the reports are saying Jose wants the deal done. I'm just delighted last year we went for Costa and not Falcao. You wont win a league with a guy scoring 4 goals.

Yeah bullet dodged when they were talking 40/50+, Monaco must be gutted!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement