Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    Yeah bullet dodged when they were talking 40/50+, Monaco must be gutted!

I dont know who does their accounts but buying a guy with little re-sale value and on huge wages with f**k all revenue is pretty silly.

Maybe they were hoping to turn him around to Real Madrid, many viewed the Monaco deal as a stop gap to him signing for Real but the knee injury stopped all that.

No doubt, for about 3 years he was one of Europes best CFs but those days are long gone. If hes signed he'll get my backing and supporting, like Torres, but I dont think he'll do much, like Torres.

Galatasary have apparently bid for Mikel

Griezmann isnt going anywhere, as per Atletico Madrid.

About sums up todays rumours. They need to release the design to the new home kit and sign Jose up a new contract. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Galatasary have apparently bid for Mikel

Griezmann isnt going anywhere, as per Atletico Madrid.

About sums up todays rumours. They need to release the design to the new home kit and sign Jose up a new contract. :o

Mikel to Gala sounds plausable, think it came up last year too? they like throwing money on aging players, might give us a few sheckles for an easily replaced player.

Mikel to Gala sounds plausable, think it came up last year too? they like throwing money on aging players, might give us a few sheckles for an easily replaced player.

Just throw in Van Ginkel or Loftus Cheek in his place.

Just throw in Van Ginkel or Loftus Cheek in his place.

Or Romeu, I'm no great fan of him or Van G but they could definitely do the job Mikel does with a summer of having "don't go forward" drilled into them.

Or Romeu, I'm no great fan of him or Van G but they could definitely do the job Mikel does with a summer of having "don't go forward" drilled into them.

Or just buy Pogba :o

:D

Duncan Castles, usually a decent source of Chelsea stuff is saying that Jose wants Falcao and any deal could see players going to Monaco, maybe on loan.

There seems to be a lot of smoke with the Falcao rumours.

Being honest, if we got him last year as well as Remy and Costa I'd have said we'd win everything but we know what he done at Utd which was the square root of f**k all so I'm very wary of this deal.

If its a loan deal then I wont be too bothered as it will save us a good 20-25m outlay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If it means he's here for a year whilst Banford gets a year in the PL on loan player as first striker with a lower team then I'd go for it

duploelabs wrote: »
    If it means he's here for a year whilst Banford gets a year in the PL on loan player as first striker with a lower team then I'd go for it

Ya, if it was a loan it wouldnt be too bad, I mean 4 goals and 4 assists is embarassing but if Costa picks up where he left off we wont need Falcao.....until Costa gets banned again and Remy is injured at the same time. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ya, if it was a loan it wouldnt be too bad, I mean 4 goals and 4 assists is embarassing but if Costa picks up where he left off we wont need Falcao.....until Costa gets banned again and Remy is injured at the same time. :o

I wouldnt judge any forward on the back of that United season. Rooney, RVP and falcao are all better than what they showed.

To be fair, Costa and Falcao are quite similar in many ways. Neither have pace. Neither are good dribblers. Both are strong, work hard, good in the air and excellent finishers. And yet Costa scored a load of goals for chelsea. If he did it, why not Falcao?

I wouldnt be so sure that he's torres mrk II.

Kirby wrote: »
    I wouldnt judge any forward on the back of that United season. Rooney, RVP and falcao are all better than what they showed.

To be fair, Costa and Falcao are quite similar in many ways. Neither have pace. Neither are good dribblers. Both are strong, work hard, good in the air and excellent finishers. And yet Costa scored a load of goals for chelsea. If he did it, why not Falcao?

Falcao before the injury was quicker than Costa IMO, however now, on the back of that injury I dont think he has it in him to lead any team to glory. As a backup I'd take him, if the deal was right.

Also, pre injury I'd imagine Falcao would out score Costa in the league.

Had we bought in Falcao last year instead of Costa, IMO, he wouldnt have got near Costas EPL record. 20 goals in 26 games is a great return in your first season.

Absolutely its a great return. But I'm just suggesting caution. There is no certainty that costa will score as many again.....and likewise that Falcao is completely finished. That idea is based solely on one season. And thats dangerous. It's worth remembering that Costa is injury prone. And ban prone. :p

Absolutely its a great return. But I'm just suggesting caution. There is no certainty that costa will score as many again.....and likewise that Falcao is completely finished. That idea is based solely on one season. And thats dangerous. It's worth remembering that Costa is injury prone. And ban prone. :p

Costas had 3 good years of constent football and goal scoring, the last 2 being stand out seasons. I reckon if he doesnt push 20 again this year in the league I'd be surprised.

Falcao on the other hand has a injury hit year followed by a really poor one at Utd, more then likely due to trrying to make the WC.

Reading between lines (although never a great indicator) is that Falcao will continue to struggle while Costa scores goals.

I wouldnt write off Falcao entirely but I dont want us to spend 20-25m on him to find out if hes going to be a viable back up to Costa, if a loan deal can be arranged it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world, its the permanent transfer that Chelsea fans fear.

The EPL looks to physical for Falcao which is weird as hes a pretty stocky guy. Costa has embraced that aspect and gone too far in some regards with it.

I would sya that Falcao is probably a better finisher of either foot, it didnt matter what way you showed him he'd take people on and score off his left or right with ease.

As I said, the money is an issue for me if its a permanent transfer, yes clubs are making much more money with the TV deals and shirt sponsors but I dont want to go blowing it, Chelsea years ago would have paid the 40m for him already, ala Sheva and Torres but theyre probably more aware of the cost of having a guy on the books that costs probably 15m a year between wages and transfer fees with feck all re-sale value.

Not so sure anymore, Falcao showed none of those things last year whatsoever. The finishing could improve with better service and more chances but no work rate or contributions in build up play really aren't things that will be fixed in a summer @ 29/30.

Falcao hasn't been at Costa's level for 2 full seasons and I'm not sure he can turn it round. We bought Torres after a rough half a season and he never got it back either.

Not so sure anymore, Falcao showed none of those things last year whatsoever. The finishing could improve with better service and more chances but no work rate or contributions in build up play really aren't things that will be fixed in a summer @ 29/30.

Falcao hasn't been at Costa's level for 2 full seasons and I'm not sure he can turn it round. We bought Torres after a rough half a season and he never got it back either.

His work rate was good for Utd IMO. It was his finishing that was off and his movement, he was never in the positions to take advantage of good play.

Although that could be down to what LVG had the team playing, in a better team, like ours he probably scores more goals but in his current state I cant see it being much more than 4.

• Advertisement

For instance, Torres best league return for us was 8 goals from 36 games.

Falcao manged 4 league goals from 26 with Utd.

Remy managed 7 league goals from 21 with us last year.

Keep Remy and tell Falcao to feck off.

Tancredi Palmeri, very hot or miss with his info has said Falcao to Chelsea is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Falcao would be grand as a back up to remy and Costa but I'd would have him 3rd choice unless he proves us all wrong and gets his old form back

Another issue with Falcao is the guy is off to the Copa America so if he is signed hes not going to get a full pre season in with us.

Now, Utd signed him on deadline day so if he did come in he'd have much more time to work with our squad and find out what Jose is about although I'm sure Cuadrado could tell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Falcao would be grand as a back up to remy and Costa but I'd would have him 3rd choice unless he proves us all wrong and gets his old form back

claim to fame - he blocked me on Twitter; when Arsenal signed Sanchez for 35 million he tweeted that Barca had won the lottery. He didn't appreciate the retweet midway through the season. Obviously a highly sensitive soul - and clueless to boot !

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    claim to fame - he blocked me on Twitter; when Arsenal signed Sanchez for 35 million he tweeted that Barca had won the lottery. He didn't appreciate the retweet midway through the season. Obviously a highly sensitive soul - and clueless to boot !

Footballers and social media is a receipe for disaster, very few get a right.

When it goes wrong it can be spectacular.

Just look at Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Footballers and social media is a receipe for disaster, very few get a right.

When it goes wrong it can be spectacular.

Just look at Balotelli.

oh dear my post doesn't make much sense. I meant to quote your post about Tancredi Palmeri - it was he who blocked me, none of the three footballers from the post I actually quoted!

I was thinking there was something wrong there.

The image of Falcao sitting down at his computer and saying "That greendom chap has made a fool of me! To the blocked list with you, good sir!" just doesnt really seem plausible. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Haha, whatever Falcao is, one thing I wouldn't have him pegged as is a social media eejit. Seems like a likeable chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He's going to join us and score 20+ goals. One of which will see us through to the champions league final.
    Heard it here, first.

Panthro wrote: »
    He's going to join us and score 20+ goals. One of which will see us through to the champions league final.
    Heard it here, first.

That means he'd probably have to play the majority of games.

Cant see it happening if he does sign.

greendom wrote: »
    oh dear my post doesn't make much sense. I meant to quote your post about Tancredi Palmeri - it was he who blocked me, none of the three footballers from the post I actually quoted!

Oh Palmeris an eejit too. I used to follow him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

When they had it he was happy to let Mikel and Matic do all the chasing. Jose also said that apparently RLC had a back injury when Sydney had the ball but was free from pain when we had it. :o

Sorry to drag up and old post, (it's not really an old post I had this tab with this reply opened all the time.:o)

That was an unbelievably stupid thing by Jose to say in public. Keep that sort of criticism to private channels. Make it more constructive too. The sarcasm about back injury does him no favour with winning, or crucially, growing a player's confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Turtwig wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up and old post, (it's not really an old post I had this tab with this reply opened all the time.:o)

That was an unbelievably stupid thing by Jose to say in public. Keep that sort of criticism to private channels. Make it more constructive too. The sarcasm about back injury does him no favour with winning, or crucially, growing a player's confidence.

I agree with you on that one ad it doe's seem a little harsh however it is a method Jose's used before to weed the men out from the boy's.
    If RLC has what it takes now it's time to show it and embrace what Jose has to offer him, I firmly believe that if Jose didn't believe he has what it takes he wouldn't have said anything about his performance and placed him on the transfer list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That means he'd probably have to play the majority of games.

Cant see it happening if he does sign.

Forgot to add...Costa gets injured after an amazing start to the season

• Advertisement

Ar$ehole, would imagine that's got to be a ban from the FA? Feel for Bamford, he's had to deal with that sort of muck before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well our record is signing good strikers and turning the sh**e. so maybe it happens both ways ? :P

I'd rather Benteke after Hazard saying this. Chemistry be already there and be no harm in dropping Oscar and playing a 2nd striker. Plus if it keeps Hazard happy and loving life its a win win :)

Soby wrote: »
    Well our record is signing good strikers and turning the sh**e. so maybe it happens both ways ? :P

I'd rather Benteke after Hazard saying this. Chemistry be already there and be no harm in dropping Oscar and playing a 2nd striker. Plus if it keeps Hazard happy and loving life its a win win :)

Hazard actually said it would b no harm dropping oscar?

Hazard actually said it would b no harm dropping oscar?

Lol no that was me

We sold Lukaku who I think is better than Benteke so i cant see us going after him.

I want someone in the level above Benteke hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Higuain? Would ye take him?

Higuain? Would ye take him?

Nope. Probably take him before Falcao tho

If Falcao is just a loan deal then im all for it to be honest

• Advertisement

If Falcao is just a loan deal then im all for it to be honest

Aye be nothing wrong a loan deal. Not forgetting 9 goals from Remy wasnt a bad return this season as a sub

Soby wrote: »
    Aye be nothing wrong a loan deal. Not forgetting 9 goals from Remy wasnt a bad return this season as a sub

9 goals was grand, you'd be hoping for 12-15 from your second striker but 9 was fine.

Remy had 9 epl goals ? Or in all competitions? How didn't get a lot of game time tbf to him

Remy had 9 epl goals ? Or in all competitions? How didn't get a lot of game time tbf to him

7 in the Premier League.
    1 in the Champions League.
    1 in the FA Cup.

On closer inspection I'm less impressed.... his Champions League goal came in the 6-0 win versus Maribor. His FA Cup goal came at home to Watford and 2 of his league goals were in the end of season dead rubber at home to Sunderland.

On the flip side of that.... he scored a huge goal against City and hit winners against Hull and Stoke in the title run-in.

A mixed bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Haven't seen all the papers yet today but I take it all the headlines are that thomas vermahlen wore his full kit last night when getting his medal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

peteeeed wrote: »
    Haven't seen all the papers yet today but I take it all the headlines are that thomas vermahlen wore his full kit last night when getting his medal?

Tbh I turned it off as soon as they scored the third, life's too short to have to watch Barća lift another cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's an unlikely one perhaps but what about Morata? Jose, iirc, gave him his debut. He works his socks off and was wholly mishandled by Madrid. Great goal poacher.

Another potential would be Jackson Martinez.

Don't rate Benteke that highly. He's good against weaker league opposition but against the top tier he's struggling. Like Gav said another Lukkaku. Probably not as good him. That said he's got room for growth and improvement so ya never know.

Priority for Chelsea this summer need to be another DM who can cover for and/or assist Matic. Reckon Terry has another good season him. Zouma should be blooded in. RLC needs game time. Dying minutes of matches, whatever he needs game time. One thing Carlo is great at was giving youngsters their nod in games. Sure they might not make it, but unless you give them a fair chance they certainly won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

A young Special One translating for Bobby Robson at Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

7 in the Premier League.
    1 in the Champions League.
    1 in the FA Cup.

On closer inspection I'm less impressed.... his Champions League goal came in the 6-0 win versus Maribor. His FA Cup goal came at home to Watford and 2 of his league goals were in the end of season dead rubber at home to Sunderland.

On the flip side of that.... he scored a huge goal against City and hit winners against Hull and Stoke in the title run-in.

A mixed bag.

The one against Maribor was a real shame because he was looking very very lively in the first few minutes then injured himself after opening the scoring. Would have helped himself to 3 or 4 with the football we were playing at that time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement