Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Remys being linked with a move away this morning, Swansea & Palace juts two of the clubs mentioned.

We'd make a bit of a profit off him if he did leave but it would leave us seriously short up top.

A sign of things to come, Caudrado assisted a Falcao goal for Colombia at the weekend :pac:

Hypothetical situation and deal incoming.

Who would ya prefer at Chelsea next year, Ibrahimovic or Falcao?

Both would cost aroud the same in wages but Ibra might be a cheaper transfer target.

Ibra ia also about 4 or 5 years older than Falcao but right now if we wanted an epxerienced CF to keep for a year or two and make a difference after Drogba, I'd be looking at Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Ibra.

I don't think he'd ever have problems with confidence. Look at Falcao now, his confidence's shot. Look at Ibra, the cockiest player going, but if he goes a few games without a goal or he's on the bench for a while, I imagine he's going to want to impress even more when he gets his chance. Whereas when I saw Falcao towards the end of the season, he just looked like he wanted someone to shoot him and put him out of his misery.

Ibra.

I don't think he'd ever have problems with confidence. Look at Falcao now, his confidence's shot. Look at Ibra, the cockiest player going, but if he goes a few games without a goal or he's on the bench for a while, I imagine he's going to want to impress even more when he gets his chance. Whereas when I saw Falcao towards the end of the season, he just looked like he wanted someone to shoot him and put him out of his misery.

I'd love Ibra too, hes long in the tooth but I reckon if he does leave he might get insane money in somewhere like Qatar to play for a season or two.

He also wouldnt be a 100% starter for us I feel and would he want that? Hes fond of Jose and I imagine the feeling is mutual from Jose towards Ibra, if there was a chance to get it done, the figures being quoted for Ibra is about 10-15m which is a lot less than Falcaos 25m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hypothetical situation and deal incoming.

Who would ya prefer at Chelsea next year, Ibrahimovic or Falcao?

Both would cost aroud the same in wages but Ibra might be a cheaper transfer target.

Ibra ia also about 4 or 5 years older than Falcao but right now if we wanted an epxerienced CF to keep for a year or two and make a difference after Drogba, I'd be looking at Ibra.

ibra is a great player but going by his autobiography , if he's not in the team, he is not a good squad player and will cause trouble

peteeeed wrote: »
    ibra is a great player but going by his autobiography , if he's not in the team, he is not a good for the squad and will cause trouble

I reckon at 33, soon to be 34, he cant expect to start every game. I'd have emuch preferred Ibra to Drogba leading the line at certain points last year though thats for sure.

I dont think it will happen but if he is being sold by PSG itss something we should be considering.

The Daily Star have us interested in Rickie Lambert, I mean who believes that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

The Daily Star have us interested in Rickie Lambert, I mean who believes that :pac:

Lol

I'd have taken Ings over Lambert FFS.

Brilliant though, they must pick random clubs and just throw them up. Chelsea need a CF, throw their name into the mix for the lolz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I thought that rumour died a death a few weeks back, funny stuff, he lucked out once tricking pool into giving him wages, no way someone else makes the same mistake.

hots wrote: »
    I thought that rumour died a death a few weeks back, funny stuff, he lucked out once tricking pool into giving him wages, no way someone else makes the same mistake.

Lambert at 50K or Falcao or Ibra at 250K?

I'd prefer Falcao & Ibra and blow half a milion a week than signing a guy whos not going to add anything to the side.

Lambert at 50K or Falcao or Ibra at 250K?

I'd prefer Falcao & Ibra and blow half a milion a week than signing a guy whos not going to add anything to the side.

I'd take an empty squad spot over Ricky anyway, not even exaggerating. Ibra > Falcao in terms of skill but he'd be a nuisance to have around as an unhappy 3rd choice imo. Can't imagine Costa would enjoy having such a massive ego behind him either.

Weirdly Falcao loan is the best of the 3 options...

Falcao right now seems to be the only option. :o

I reckon at 33, soon to be 34, he cant expect to start every game. I'd have emuch preferred Ibra to Drogba leading the line at certain points last year though thats for sure.

I dont think it will happen but if he is being sold by PSG itss something we should be considering.

although jose is one of the only managers to come out of his book well and credits him for helping him win the golden boot for inter

Ibra is more of a fantasy signing than anything else.

The Falcao stories have died down recently with a few international games and UCL final so they might start re-appearing soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ibra is more of a fantasy digning than anything else.

Would you dine with Zlatan? I would. :P

he and his wife passed a house in malmo and she said she liked it so zlatan called at the door

"We’re here because you’re living in our house. Take it as a joke if you want, but I’m serious. I’m going to buy this house. We’ll make sure you’re happy, but we’re having it."

and paid way over the odds for a house that was not for sale at the time

he and his wife passed a house in malmo and she said she liked it so zlatan called at the door

"We’re here because you’re living in our house. Take it as a joke if you want, but I’m serious. I’m going to buy this house. We’ll make sure you’re happy, but we’re having it."

Aaaahhhh to have millions. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Aaaahhhh to have millions. :o

You dont need millions to do that. Thats how my folks bought my family home 25 year ago. :P

They were seeing a house for sale down the street but liked another better. It wasnt for sale. But they knocked on the door and offered to buy it. Offer accepted :P

You might say they dared to Zlatan.

De Bruyne still blowing on about Chelsea. :D

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/08/kevin-de-bruyne-chelsea-wolfsburg-bad-attitude

Now in the article he says that Jose told hi attitude was off but KDB said he trains hard.

I'll give ya a clue Kev, you answered your own question here in bold.
    “I still don’t understand why José Mourinho let me leave. I never discussed it with him. I started to play and then it was finished,” he said. “After four months, I asked him to leave. I didn’t want to stay at a club where I wasn’t even playing for 10 minutes. He said it was my attitude in training? It is an excuse he can use.

“But no one can say that as they haven’t seen me train. I don’t think that in Belgium or in the Bundesliga they have complained about this. That is the way it is. I am not angry. When I was transferred to Wolfsburg, Chelsea got their money. Everyone was happy.”

If youre going to kick up a fuss after getting dropped and not react well youre not going to make it with a Jose team. I wish the lad well and all but jaysus get on with whats going to be a good career for yourself.

Kirby wrote: »
    You dont need millions to do that. Thats how my folks bought my family home 25 year ago. :P

They were seeing a house for sale down the street but liked another better. It wasnt for sale. But they knocked on the door and offered to buy it. Offer accepted :P

You might say they dared to Zlatan.

If your house is for slae though for 1million and you see Zlatan roll up, assuming you know who he is and you would if youre from Sweden, you name the highest price iamgineable. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

De Bruyne still blowing on about Chelsea. :D

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/08/kevin-de-bruyne-chelsea-wolfsburg-bad-attitude

Now in the article he says that Jose told hi attitude was off but KDB said he trains hard.

I'll give ya a clue Kev, you answered your own question here in bold.

If youre going to kick up a fuss after getting dropped and not react well youre not going to make it with a Jose team. I wish the lad well and all but jaysus get on with whats going to be a good career for yourself.

Guy is complaining way too much, think there is a big move in the offing and there might be some issues over his motivation. Wont stop a move might knock a few quid off though.

Guy is complaining way too much, think there is a big move in the offing and there might be some issues over his motivation. Wont stop a move might knock a few quid off though.

I wish he kept his head down and wanted to fight for his place as he could easily be getting game time in place of Oscar or Willian in the support 3 but theres no way we can give a player assurance he'll play.

The players have talked about it too and if KDB had got his head down and not f**ked his toys out of the pram he'd have been a Chelsea player.

There was no way he was going to come back and waltz into the 1st team.

He will get a bigger move, I'd be shocked if he didnt but he was to eager to leave us and that doesnt help either and there was no way he was in a position to demand playing time, hes not Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Anpther question, how many players do you think we are away from winning the UCL? In 2011/12 the team rallied together and won it in dramatic and nearly unwarranted fashion but they all count. Whether you do it our way or like Barca the other night.

Anyway, I dont think the current squad is good enough to win the UCL which is funny as its much, much better than the one who won it in 2011/12.

I think if we are to win the UCL we're going to have to bring in 3 maybe 4 excellent quality players. Theyed add strength and depth and help in areas that need upgrading.

I'm talking mainly about a RW but we could do with a CM and CF too and CB for the medium term as Zouma is good enoguh long term.

I think if we go into next year after only upgrading on the CF position we'll be in the title race again but Europe will be a bridge too far IMO. The starting XI are very good but the bench, by and large is leaving the side down. I know its impossible to have 18 excellent players in your match day squads but we do need to bring more strength.

If he had shown the correct motivation then he would no doubt have played a major part last season and it is unlikely either Salah or Dwayne would have been bought. Neither he nor Lukaku were mature enough for the positions they held, they still have the potential of an excellent career but there is possibly more pressure on them now then there would have been had they kept their head down and worked hard, how often has it been said that Ronaldo is one of the hardest working players out there. To be a great you need talent and a work ethic.

He threw away a career at one of the biggest clubs in the world perhaps that has just sunk into his mind now. And as a result he wants to blame anyone but himself.

Anpther question, how many players do you think we are away from winning the UCL? In 2011/12 the team rallied together and won it in dramatic and nearly unwarranted fashion but they all count. Whether you do it our way or like Barca the other night.

Anyway, I dont think the current squad is good enough to win the UCL which is funny as its much, much better than the one who won it in 2011/12.

I think if we are to win the UCL we're going to have to bring in 3 maybe 4 excellent quality players. Theyed add strength and depth and help in areas that need upgrading.

I'm talking mainly about a RW but we could do with a CM and CF too and CB for the medium term as Zouma is good enoguh long term.

I think if we go into next year after only upgrading on the CF position we'll be in the title race again but Europe will be a bridge too far IMO. The starting XI are very good but the bench, by and large is leaving the side down. I know its impossible to have 18 excellent players in your match day squads but we do need to bring more strength.

I think we're 1 excellent player away but they're not easy to come by. Another Hazard and we'd be there. Tbh the way Barca were the other night I'm not sure any team would be good enough to beat that.

If we can get a work permit for Traore that could be the right side sorted, would like to see Kalas and MvG get a chance as well.

Centre backs are a difficult one there are not too many really top class ones out there and pretty much every top team needs at least one to be brought in.

I hope Christensen extends his contract and gets a good loan he could be there in a couple of years.

Don't think we are good enough for the CL next season unless we pad the squad out by 3 or 4 top end players. And top end players are most certainly not Lambert or Sterling though Falcao would be a decent shout. Could be Costa, Falcao and Bamford next season that could be interesting given the former two's injury record.

If he had shown the correct motivation then he would no doubt have played a major part last season and it is unlikely either Salah or Dwayne would have been bought. Neither he nor Lukaku were mature enough for the positions they held, they still have the potential of an excellent career but there is possibly more pressure on them now then there would have been had they kept their head down and worked hard, how often has it been said that Ronaldo is one of the hardest working players out there. To be a great you need talent and a work ethic.

He threw away a career at one of the biggest clubs in the world perhaps that has just sunk into his mind now. And as a result he wants to blame anyone but himself.

I reckon he'll get his big move and hes learned from the Chelsea experience hopefully. At 21 he shouldnt have expected to play every game, I know he said he had an issue with not even playing 10mins, understandable but talk to the manager see what you can improve on and what you can do better in training first and foremost.

No manager is going to exila him for asking positive questions, taking the sulky approach is only going to push ya out the door at a bigger club and a manager like Jose.
    I think we're 1 excellent player away but they're not easy to come by. Another Hazard and we'd be there. Tbh the way Barca were the other night I'm not sure any team would be good enough to beat that.

I think we need more than that but 1 would be a good start. Right now Utd, City or Arsenal, our main rivals havent really closed the gap in personel IMO, Depay will be good but I dont think he alone is title winning but that might change when we know the final squads come September.

On Barca, ya I agree, for the last 4 or 5 months theyve been sublime, pains me to say it but nobody in football would stop them when theyre on top form. The front 3 is a joy to watch.

• Advertisement

For me they are way over hyped, Juve had them rocking for 15 minutes in the second half but got caught with a sucker punch. Our main problem is not the first 11 good enough to take on anyone with that it is fighting on all fronts with a thin squad.

It was a long long 5 years since we won the PL for me that was the goal last season, having achieved that if we have a stronger squad then the CL is certainly possible.

If we can get a work permit for Traore that could be the right side sorted, would like to see Kalas and MvG get a chance as well.

Centre backs are a difficult one there are not too many really top class ones out there and pretty much every top team needs at least one to be brought in.

I hope Christensen extends his contract and gets a good loan he could be there in a couple of years.

Don't think we are good enough for the CL next season unless we pad the squad out by 3 or 4 top end players. And top end players are most certainly not Lambert or Sterling though Falcao would be a decent shout. Could be Costa, Falcao and Bamford next season that could be interesting given the former two's injury record.

I agree, I think we're about 100-150m away from winning the UCL, Barca have spent that on Suarez and Neymar alone in recent times and it shows.

You need quality, no point having a squad of journeymen or over the hill players.

The issue is all the top clubs are fishing in the same pond and we all want and crave similar players.

For me they are way over hyped, Juve had them rocking for 15 minutes in the second half but got caught with a sucker punch. Our main problem is not the first 11 good enough to take on anyone with that it is fighting on all fronts with a thin squad.

It was a long long 5 years since we won the PL for me that was the goal last season, having achieved that if we have a stronger squad then the CL is certainly possible.

If given the opportunity do you perform winning the league or UCL?

I'd probably say league and a good stab at the UCL while really going fo rit in 2016/17.

This coming season is a pivotal for a few players, its make or break for them. Guys like Oscar and the guys close to the starting XI, Remy, Cuadrado et al have to step up and we'll probably see JT retire at the end of the year, Ivan is pushing on and

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

If given the opportunity do you perform winning the league or UCL?

I'd probably say league and a good stab at the UCL while really going fo rit in 2016/17.

This coming season is a pivotal for a few players, its make or break for them. Guys like Oscar and the guys close to the starting XI, Remy, Cuadrado et al have to step up and we'll probably see JT retire at the end of the year, Ivan is pushing on and

I'd happily take another league. Especially if that bears that we won't spend a whole pile of money this summer, and are able to have another good financial year allowing us to spend big next.

You lads have already said it. We're abit of money from Champions League winners. In saying that, the PSG game was just an awful night and performance and had we progressed (Which we looked like doing twice even though we were muck) I think we could have given Barca, Bayern and Real big problems. As was posted too, They were there for the taken on Saturday night for a while and a better team then Juve would have finished them off.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'd happily take another league. Especially if that bears that we won't spend a whole pile of money this summer, and are able to have another good financial year allowing us to spend big next.

You lads have already said it. We're abit of money from Champions League winners. In saying that, the PSG game was just an awful night and performance and had we progressed (Which we looked like doing twice even though we were muck) I think we could have given Barca, Bayern and Real big problems. As was posted too, They were there for the taken on Saturday night for a while and a better team then Juve would have finished them off.

Worse thing that night was PSG going down to 10 men, we had no idea what to do, we palyed them like we had 10men and trying hold onto the away goal was a disaster waiting to happen and it did, down to two poor corners.

I think giving that the following few weeks we shored up defensively we'd have puhsed Barca close but I reckon theyed have beat us over the two legs.

Some of the best teams in Europe in a particular year didnt win UCLs you also need a lot of luck to go with the excellent performances, hopefully our group isnt bad this year but winning our group last year got us the toughest draw we could have hoped for. :o

Thing is we did not spend big (in net terms) last season if as has been reported RM are going to let Varane go then we should throw a big bag of money at them. Given a choice of Chelsea or United who would the RM manager sell to I wonder??? With a bit of luck he will have no hand in the matter.

Varane and Falcao might be enough if RLC, MvG, Kalas and Traore are really first team material (I really thought MvG looked very good before that injury such a shame). Of course that aslo means holding onto Remy, Luis, Cuadrado / Salah and them stepping up to the mark. Remy has less to do in this regard than the others in fairness. Oscar needs to start showing that early promise after his summer rest, Willian needs to keep kicking on

Hard to say who the back up goalkeeper would be Green is English and based in London so not the worst shout or Craig Gordon if he is happy playing second fiddle at Chelsea rather than being a big fish in a pond evaporating at a rapid rate it must be said.

Worse thing that night was PSG going down to 10 men, we had no idea what to do, we palyed them like we had 10men and trying hold onto the away goal was a disaster waiting to happen and it did, down to two poor corners.

I think giving that the following few weeks we shored up defensively we'd have puhsed Barca close but I reckon theyed have beat us over the two legs.

Some of the best teams in Europe in a particular year didnt win UCLs you also need a lot of luck to go with the excellent performances, hopefully our group isnt bad this year but winning our group last year got us the toughest draw we could have hoped for. :o

Last 16 could be really in the lap of the Gods next season with the new seeding system.

Thing is we did not spend big (in net terms) last season if as has been reported RM are going to let Varane go then we should throw a big bag of money at them. Given a choice of Chelsea or United who would the RM manager sell to I wonder??? With a bit of luck he will have no hand in the matter.

Varane and Falcao might be enough if RLC, MvG, Kalas and Traore are really first team material (I really thought MvG looked very good before that injury such a shame). Of course that aslo means holding onto Remy, Luis, Cuadrado / Salah and them stepping up to the mark. Remy has less to do in this regard than the others in fairness. Oscar needs to start showing that early promise after his summer rest, Willian needs to keep kicking on

Hard to say who the back up goalkeeper would be Green is English and based in London so not the worst shout or Craig Gordon if he is happy playing second fiddle at Chelsea rather than being a big fish in a pond evaporating at a rapid rate it must be said.

I dont think Rafa will have a say in the transfers, maybe he will. I'd say if it came down to it, maybe Chelsea re-starting his career might help sway the decision. just dont mention the fans. :D

The 2nd GK, hopefully wont be needed much next year so anybody with experience would be the best option, if hes cheap thats even better, if hes HG, even better still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Traore played up front for Vitesse towards the end of the season, he could be the 3rd striker as well as cover on the wings

Last 16 could be really in the lap of the Gods next season with the new seeding system.

Half the reason I'd take Real Madrid in the group stages iks that we'd avoid them in the k/o stages. :o

But ya you're right, it could be mental.

• Advertisement

Traore played up front for Vitesse towards the end of the season, he could be the 3rd striker as well as cover on the wings

If he got a WP I'd say he'd be already at Chelsea at the very least he'd have got an English loan somewhere.

Hopefully in the summer that changes.

I dont think Rafa will have a say in the transfers, maybe he will. I'd say if it came down to it, maybe Chelsea re-starting his career might help sway the decision. just dont mention the fans. :D

The 2nd GK, hopefully wont be needed much next year so anybody with experience would be the best option, if hes cheap thats even better, if hes HG, even better still.

Guess we would have to pay with cash as he has a problem with plastic :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I also wonder whether this Chelsea side is up to winning the CL. All I can think is Neymar-Messi-Suarez vs. Drogba-Remy-Costa.

A few spots behind the front line could do with strengthening for sure. But in comparison with the firepower of Barca or RM, we need some serious upgrading up front.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I also wonder whether this Chelsea side is up to winning the CL. All I can think is Neymar-Messi-Suarez vs. Drogba-Remy-Costa.

A few spots behind the front line could do with strengthening for sure. But in comparison with the firepower of Barca or RM, we need some serious upgrading up front.

Thats a crazy comparison to make. Neymar and Messi playing on the wings. If your comparing Barca's front three its with Hazard-Costa-Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Any team that makes it to the knock-out stages can win the Champions League. That's the beauty of this sport. The best team won't always win.

Chelsea can do it alright. They'll have a much better chance if Jose rotates the squad. Come February your team was running on reserves. PSG despite being down to ten looked fitter than you in extra time. Another significant problem is the intensity of the premier league isn't what it used to be, or at least, other leagues have surpassed it.

Christensen made his debut for Denmark tonight. Played CM for the last 30mins.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Any team that makes it to the knock-out stages can win the Champions League. That's the beauty of this sport. The best team won't always win.

Chelsea can do it alright. They'll have a much better chance if Jose rotates the squad. Come February your team was running on reserves. PSG despite being down to ten looked fitter than you in extra time. Another significant problem is the intensity of the premier league isn't what it used to be, or at least, other leagues have surpassed it.

I don't think the intensity of the Premier League has dropped. The teams placed 5th to 20th in England would beat most teams in the same position in all leagues, Especially the amount of tough away games that can take it out of the players.

I think a major issue for the EPL is two fold.

1) The league cup, its a waste of trophy in fairness. AFAIK, most top european leagues only have 2 domestic trophies that they can enter, which results in less games. Now of course the league cup wont be dropped, I certainly wouldnt miss it if it was for clubs only in the Championship or below.

2) No winter break. Every league has one, Germany are off for a few weeks. The EPL plays through XMas and its usually the most taxing part of the season, again its a huge earner for the TV companies as the audiences are usually huge, theres f**k all else on to watch sure but I dont think its going to help teams in the long run.

Cant see big Pete being here next year after this.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/08/petr-cech-chelsea-goalkeeper-future
    “First I have to agree with the club what the conditions would be for leaving,”

“Next week we will have a meeting with Chelsea. At the moment it is with my agent. When it is clearer and all the cards are on the table, we will decide. I believe that for what I have done for the club and what the club has done for me, we can arrange it so we are all happy."

• Advertisement

Higuain is the latest CF linked now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement