Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cascarino has come out and said we should sign Walcott.

He'd be doing the same for us as he is for Arsenal, coming off the bench and being a 2nd choice as CF or out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cascarino has come out and said we should sign Walcott.

He'd be doing the same for us as he is for Arsenal, coming off the bench and being a 2nd choice as CF or out wide.

Wouldn't say no to him tbh. If he's happy to sit on the bench as 2nd choice

Its probably been out up already but heres Lampards best XI

Cech
    Ivan JT Rio Cole
    Silva Makelele Gerrard Hazard
    Aguero Drogba

Pretty decent team bar 1 player :pac:

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to him tbh. If he's happy to sit on the bench as 2nd choice

He'd be a good option. He'd run Willian close for a starting spot too.

If theres a deal to be done for Cech to Arsenal, getting Walcott in wouldnt be too bad.

Both players are on about 90-110k a week, in that bracket and both would be moving across London, nothing major.

Could be a decent deal all round but Walcott is probably worth more than Cech on the open market but I'm not sure when his current deal ends, if its longer than 12 months hes easily worth 15-25m, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

He'd be a good option. He'd run Willian close for a starting spot too.

If theres a deal to be done for Cech to Arsenal, getting Walcott in wouldnt be too bad.

Both players are on about 90-110k a week, in that bracket and both would be moving across London, nothing major.

Could be a decent deal all round but Walcott is probably worth more than Cech on the open market but I'm not sure when his current deal ends, if its longer than 12 months hes easily worth 15-25m, IMO.

Hmm Cech & 5/10 for Walcott would be good if Cuadrado is being shipped out. Walcott would be pushing Oscar for a starting spot (Willian moved inside if Oscar was dropped) I think and would push Remy for the #2 role too. If either Remy or Cuadrado were sold I'd be happy with Walcott coming into their spots.

hots wrote: »
    Hmm Cech & 5/10 for Walcott would be good if Cuadrado is being shipped out. Walcott would be pushing Oscar for a starting spot (Willian moved inside if Oscar was dropped) I think and would push Remy for the #2 role too. If either Remy or Cuadrado were sold I'd be happy with Walcott coming into their spots.

I'd be happy to give Cuadrado until January or next summer TBH.

We're not going to make back the money we paid for him if we sell this summer, unless he has a stormer in the Copa America and even then someone will probably only loan him with an option to but him for about 20m.

I'd be willing to keep him anyway unless we basically got back about 25m for him this summer and both parties cut their ties, hes been really poor so far for us but I would hope that if hes kept, the pre-season does him the world of good.

I'd be happy to give Cuadrado until January or next summer TBH.

We're not going to make back the money we paid for him if we sell this summer, unless he has a stormer in the Copa America and even then someone will probably only loan him with an option to but him for about 20m.

I'd be willing to keep him anyway unless we basically got back about 25m for him this summer and both parties cut their ties, hes been really poor so far for us but I would hope that if hes kept, the pre-season does him the world of good.

There's a lot of paper-talk about teams sniffing around, I guess the Serie A teams saw enough before he came to think he's still worth something... I'd just be concerned that another year of crap for us would see him valued down at ~5m not ~25m...

There's a lot of paper-talk about teams sniffing around, I guess the Serie A teams saw enough before he came to think he's still worth something... I'd just be concerned that another year of crap for us would see him valued down at ~5m not ~25m...

I'd say we'd get back about 15-20m if we really pushed it next summer, hes not a completely busted flush he just looks like hes out of his comfort zone, hopefully another few weeks of pre-season and training with the squad will get him to a level where he can make a telling difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The benefit of Walcott is that he's a HG player. Swap for Cech, job done

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    The benefit of Walcott is that he's a HG player. Swap for Cech, job done

The rags are saying Walcott or Ox... who ya reckon? I think I'd take Walcott still even with a few more years and injuries, more end product about him which is something we lack. Although Chamberlain would be more of a mourinho player

I'd say Walcott. I think the Ox is less likely to be sold.

Theres also the distinct chance they'll tell us f**k off if we want either of them but then we could just keep Cech.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Heres an odd one, it is the Express of course so more likely to have come from a bottle of wine rather than an actual source

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/583461/Chelsea-Thibaut-Courtois-Real-Madrid-David-De-Gea

So TBO to RM for ST£72m (€100m).

If its true give Petr another 5 year contract or give United ST£20m for de Gea and sell sell sell.

Of course the chances of it being true are 0/10.

Heres an odd one, it is the Express of course so more likely to have come from a bottle of wine rather than an actual source

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/583461/Chelsea-Thibaut-Courtois-Real-Madrid-David-De-Gea

If its true give Petr another 5 year contract or give United ST£20m for de Gea and sell sell sell.

Real would arguably get De Gea for about a 1/3 of price of Courtois, why would they try and blow their bo**ocks on Courtois :pac:

Imagine it though. :o I know I'd go mental if it did happen. Theres nothing to suggest its anything other than clickbait and complete BS.

haha gotta love that! :D

The transfer window is officially open.

Players we've kept this year, its a large list. :o :eek:

Chelsea

Contract Players
    Abraham Tammy
    Aina Temitayo Olufisayo
    Ake Nathan Benjamin
    Ali Mukhtar Abdullahi
    Angban Bekanty Victorien
    Azpilicueta Tanco Cesar
    Baker Lewis Renard
    Bamford Patrick James
    Beeney Mitchell Ryan
    Blackman Jamal Clint-Ross
    Boga Jeremie
    Borges da Silva Willian
    Brown Isiah Jay
    Cahill Gary James
    Cech Petr
    Chalobah Nathaniel Nyakie
    Christensen Andreas Bodtker
    Christie-Davies Isaac David
    Clarke-Salter Jake-Liam
    Colkett Charlie
    Collins Bradley Ray
    Conroy Dion John
    Courtois Thibaut
    Cuadrado Bello Juan Guillermo
    Cuevas Jara Cristian Alejandro
    Da Silva Costa Diego
    Dabo Sheik Mohamed Fankaty
    Davey Alex James
    Davila Plascencia Ulises Alejandro
    Delac Matej
    Dos Santos Emboaba Oscar
    Fabregas Soler Francesc
    Feruz Islam
    Hazard Eden
    Houghton Jordan
    Ivanovic Branislav
    Kakuta Gael
    Kalas Tomas
    Kane Todd Arthur Lucien
    Kasmirski Filipe Luis
    Kiwomya Andrew Alexander
    Loftus Cheek Ruben
    Marin Marko
    Matic Nemanja
    McEachran Joshua Mark
    Mikel John Obi
    Mitchell Reece Steven
    Moses Victor
    Musonda Charles
    Musonda Tika Kafusha
    Oliveira Dos Santos Wallace
    Omeruo Kenneth
    Palmer Kasey Remel
    Pasalic Mario
    Perica Stipe
    Piazon Lucas Domingues
    Remy Loic
    Rodriguez Gonzalez Jhoao Leandro
    Salah Mohamed
    Sammut Ruben
    Santos Do Nascimento Ramires
    Scott Kyle
    Solanke-Mitchell Dominic Ayodele
    Suljic Ali
    Swift John David
    Terry John George
    Traore Bertrand
    Twasam Christian Atsu
    Van Ginkel Wulfert Cornelius
    Vidal Oriol Romeu
    Wright Kevin
    Zouma Kurt Happy

Scholars
    Adamczyk Hubert
    Bolkiah Faiq Jefri
    Dasilva Jay Rhys
    Muheim Miro Max Maria
    Tomori Fikayo
    Wakefield Charlie Mark

Free Transfer

Drogba Didier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The transfer window is officially open.

Players we've kept this year, its a large list. :o :eek:

Chelsea

Contract Players
    Abraham Tammy
    Aina Temitayo Olufisayo
    Ake Nathan Benjamin
    Ali Mukhtar Abdullahi
    Angban Bekanty Victorien
    Azpilicueta Tanco Cesar
    Baker Lewis Renard
    Bamford Patrick James
    Beeney Mitchell Ryan
    Blackman Jamal Clint-Ross
    Boga Jeremie
    Borges da Silva Willian
    Brown Isiah Jay
    Cahill Gary James
    Cech Petr
    Chalobah Nathaniel Nyakie
    Christensen Andreas Bodtker
    Christie-Davies Isaac David
    Clarke-Salter Jake-Liam
    Colkett Charlie
    Collins Bradley Ray
    Conroy Dion John
    Courtois Thibaut
    Cuadrado Bello Juan Guillermo
    Cuevas Jara Cristian Alejandro
    Da Silva Costa Diego
    Dabo Sheik Mohamed Fankaty
    Davey Alex James
    Davila Plascencia Ulises Alejandro
    Delac Matej
    Dos Santos Emboaba Oscar
    Fabregas Soler Francesc
    Feruz Islam
    Hazard Eden
    Houghton Jordan
    Ivanovic Branislav
    Kakuta Gael
    Kalas Tomas
    Kane Todd Arthur Lucien
    Kasmirski Filipe Luis
    Kiwomya Andrew Alexander
    Loftus Cheek Ruben
    Marin Marko
    Matic Nemanja
    McEachran Joshua Mark
    Mikel John Obi
    Mitchell Reece Steven
    Moses Victor
    Musonda Charles
    Musonda Tika Kafusha
    Oliveira Dos Santos Wallace
    Omeruo Kenneth
    Palmer Kasey Remel
    Pasalic Mario
    Perica Stipe
    Piazon Lucas Domingues
    Remy Loic
    Rodriguez Gonzalez Jhoao Leandro
    Salah Mohamed
    Sammut Ruben
    Santos Do Nascimento Ramires
    Scott Kyle
    Solanke-Mitchell Dominic Ayodele
    Suljic Ali
    Swift John David
    Terry John George
    Traore Bertrand
    Twasam Christian Atsu
    Vidal Oriol Romeu
    Wright Kevin
    Zouma Kurt Happy

Scholars
    Adamczyk Hubert
    Bolkiah Faiq Jefri
    Dasilva Jay Rhys
    Muheim Miro Max Maria
    Tomori Fikayo
    Wakefield Charlie Mark

Free Transfer

Drogba Didier

Wow

Its a load of players to cull and send on loan. :o

I've just seen this though.....

:eek:

Poor "Marco"

Casillas seems to be off in the summer, increasing the likely hood that DeGea is off to Real.

Now, if Utd and Arsenal come in for Cech who would ya prefer to sell too?

Whos a bigger threat?

IMO, I'd prefer to sell to Utd and its compliment to Arsenal as I think theyre a bigger threat than Utd in the short term.

Ideally he goes to PSG or someone though. :o

Benteke (thankfully) is meant to be signing a new deal.

Tevez to Ateltico Madrid is picking up on the web.

Griezmann being sold? ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

To answer the above, its a staggering 72 players on the book. :o
    It leaves the champions with 72 contracted players, the largest roster in England, as well as six academy scholars.

Chelsea have attracted criticism for their hoarding of players and use of the loan system to farm them out and trade as commodities.

Curiously, Jose Mourinho used the fewest players in the league last season - just 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Casillas seems to be off in the summer, increasing the likely hood that DeGea is off to Real.

Now, if Utd and Arsenal come in for Cech who would ya prefer to sell too?

Whos a bigger threat?

IMO, I'd prefer to sell to Utd and its compliment to Arsenal as I think theyre a bigger threat than Utd in the short term.

Ideally he goes to PSG or someone though. :o

Yeah I'd rather sell to United as well, Cech wouldn't really improve them(if De Gea leaves) whereas he'd improve Arsenal.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah I'd rather sell to United as well, Cech wouldn't really improve them(if De Gea leaves) whereas he'd improve Arsenal.

Nobody has announced any big transfer just yet.

Utd signed Depay, we know what its like signing a player whos scored a boat load in Holland, so I'll take him as a slight upgrade on what they have, so I dont think they'll push for a title all the way to matchday 37/38.

However, as I said, nobody has made any big signing just yet and that will change but we're sitting pretty with the best squad and manager, I reckon if we dont strengthen this summer we'd still be a serious contender for the league but have short comings in europe and the domestic cups.

Micha Richards, released on a free, for cheap wages what would ye say?

I reckon he'd be an ok squad option but he'd probably want to play the majority of games.

Micha Richards, released on a free, for cheap wages what would ye say?

I reckon he'd be an ok squad option but he'd probably want to play the majority of games.

Not sure why we have not been all over this already, English and decent cover along the back 4 and if you can keep him off the treatment table non too shoddy would have him in the squad for certain.

Here is a list of players let go from last seasons premier league sides, some cull at Hull & QPR

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9880795/-?

And no we dont need Paul McShane

Not sure why we have not been all over this already, English and decent cover along the back 4 and if you can keep him off the treatment table non too shoddy would have him in the squad for certain.

I suppose it comes down to wages and playing time.

Outside of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton and Utd (who'd he not join) he'd probably start for the other teams in the league so he has options and a few of them would offer a decent wedge for him.

I'd take him if he was happy to be 2nd choice RB and 4th choice CB.

I suppose it comes down to wages and playing time.

Outside of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton and Utd (who'd he not join) he'd probably start for the other teams in the league so he has options and a few of them would offer a decent wedge for him.

I'd take him if he was happy to be 2nd choice RB and 4th choice CB.

On his day he is a very good player, hard to remember with all the injuries really. If he backed himself would be interesting certainly would win trophies with us.

Moses to Stoke on a permanent deal is doing the rounds on local papers.

He has no future here anyway so if we can get 5-7m for him I'd be delighted.

I'd take Richards, tbh I think he'd be a perfect bench player assuming he hasn't deteriorated woefully... He's never fulfilled his potential so I'd say he'd welcome a healthy payday with us and would be like for like cover for Ivan (as in there's not many other beastly full backs, they're all small and quick).

Some amount of big names on the released lists, any newly promoted team could cherry pick some nice seasoned veterans to get them through the first season (Football Manager 2015 head on :) )

• Advertisement

On his day he is a very good player, hard to remember with all the injuries really. If he backed himself would be interesting certainly would win trophies with us.

When he first broke through he was very good for City. Hes a bit like Ivan but a lesser quality version.

Would he ever get to Ivans level, probably not but that doesnt mean he wouldnt be an interesting addition.

As I said, I reckon he'll go for 1st team football a bit like Milner actually.

Looks like Kalas off on loan again next season then, shame that reckon he is good enough

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/boro-expected-to-seal-kalas-loan-deal?

I reckon poor Kalas is screwed. Another player good enough to be a decent EPL player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Falcao is looking likely.

Daily Mail reporting that he'll be signed on loan.

Mourinho reportledy told a Colombian radio station that he can get Falcao scoring again and that he is not the guy that he showed at United.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Don't see yiz being linked with too many players lads, Where do ye reckon ye will strengthen? Youse look a bit light upfront especially with Costa prone to injury, Not sure Falcao is the answer. Seen Griezmans name touted in a few of the rags. Anything concrete on this? How big a part will JT play this season? He can hardly play every game this season aswell! Do ye reckon it will be zouma and terry at the back next year ? (Sorry for all the questions trying to get my bets for next season done early ! Reckon ye will still have too much next season, city are a bit of a shambles, arsenal don't have the bottle and think this will be a season too soon for united).

Lukker- wrote: »

Mourinho reportledy told a Colombian radio station that he can get Falcao scoring again and that he is not the guy that he showed at United.

Loan would be the best bet for the finances anyway. Colombias first match in the Copa America is in 2 or 3 days, I thought it would be sorted by now TBH.

Lukker- wrote: »

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9881201/Jose-Mourinho-confirms-interest-in-Falcao-transfer

Don't see yiz being linked with too many players lads, Where do ye reckon ye will strengthen? Youse look a bit light upfront especially with Costa prone to injury, Not sure Falcao is the answer. Seen Griezmans name touted in a few of the rags. Anything concrete on this? How big a part will JT play this season? He can hardly play every game this season aswell! Do ye reckon it will be zouma and terry at the back next year ? (Sorry for all the questions trying to get my bets for next season done early ! Reckon ye will still have too much next season, city are a bit of a shambles, arsenal don't have the bottle and think this will be a season too soon for united).

If we keep Costa and Remy and both can avoid too many injuries I'd be happy. I dont think Falcao will do much if hes signed but hes a decent 2nd or 3rd option if he can show half of what he did prior to his knee injury.

Griezmann would be very expensive and would probably need someone to be sold to balance the FFP books somewhat.

If JT stays fit he could play 30 + games again I think, although his time at the club is always likely to come to an end with every passing year. I'd hope for Zouma to get more game time, hes better off learning next to JT than next to Cahill but I think unless Cahill f**ks up again, Zouma will be the go to CB from the bench.

I'd reckon right now we're still favourites but not many have done business yet. Utd could lose DeGea, City could lose Aguero, Arsenal still need 2 signings IMO so its a bit early to see how everyone is fixed for the season but if it was starting tomorrow we'd still be favourites.

peteeeed wrote: »

Drogba scored 4 league goals last year, same as Falcao, which isnt great for Falcao but I reckon if Falcao joins us he'll get more than that.

So if Remy can push 10 goals, Costa push 15-20 and Falcao 10 too, we'd be in a good situation, thats if hes signed and hes performs like he could 2 or 3 years ago. :o

• Advertisement

12th of June 2014, Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea. Only 1 day out from the year anniversary.

Drogba scored 4 league goals last year, same as Falcao, which isnt great for Falcao but I reckon if Falcao joins us he'll get more than that.

So if Remy can oush 10 goals, Costa push 15-20 and Falcao 10 too, we'd be in a good situation, thats if hes signed and hes performs like he could 2 or 3 years ago. :o

jose does like his projects

jose does like his projects

If Falcao is signed it would give us 3 real CF options, last year Drogba at times looked well out of his depth due to his age.

At least Falcao would offer mobility and be able to run in behind, at times, it was like playing with 10 having Drogba on the pitch, however he did get big goals against Utd and Leicester more importantly so it wasnt a complete waste of time for big Didi to come back for one more year.

If Falcao is signed it would give us 3 real CF options, last year Drogba at times looked well out of his depth due to his age.

At least Falcao would offer mobility and be able to run in behind, at times, it was like playing with 10 having Drogba on the pitch, however he did get big goals against Utd and Leicester more importantly so it wasnt a complete waste of time for big Didi to come back for one more year.

this time next year i'm hoping bamford and possibly solanke/brown on the back of good loan spells will be pushing to the part of the first team squad.

a 1 year loan deal might suit both parties

this time next year i'm hoping bamford and possibly solanke/brown on the back of good loan spells will be pushing to the part of the first team squad.

a 1 year loan deal might suit both parties

I reckon Bamford is a banker to be loaned, not sure about Solanke or Brown, Jose might feel that their better served learning their trade with the 1st team and making 3-5 appearances a year with us. At this stage of their development they'll probably only secure a League 1 or Championship loan and theyre notoriously physical leagues, would be a big learning curve for them if it did happen that way.

hmm slightly more, but he wasn't exactly lighting the place up with runs. He'll definitely have more ability to play 90mins that old man Drog did though, at times he looked bllxd after 20 mins...

• Advertisement

hmm slightly more, but he wasn't exactly lighting the place up with runs. He'll definitely have more ability to play 90mins that old man Drog did though, at times he looked bllxd after 20 mins...

We also dont play long ball so we'd be better suited to Falcaos style than Utd were, he'll still be 2nd or 3rd choice though.

I wonder if he is signed will Remy go elsewhere?

Think I read somewhere that the fixtures for next year are out next Wednesday. Happy days.

I want either a home game against a newly promoted side or a home game against a top 4 rival as an opener.

Think I read somewhere that the fixtures for next year are out next Wednesday. Happy days.

I want either a home game against a newly promoted side or a home game against a top 4 rival as an opener.

chelsea v Bournemouth

chelsea v Bournemouth

Would be a nice game. :D

My next option is Chelsea v City. :P Get one of the big boys out of the way early.

Our 1st big game last year was Everton away, that was mental. :o

We also dont play long ball so we'd be better suited to Falcaos style than Utd were, he'll still be 2nd or 3rd choice though.

jose can get in his ear now and sit back and watch how he does in the Copa America

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement