Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

gosplan wrote: »
    Absolutely...and he should have seen red...and he will deservingly get a 3 match ban.

Did the ref not deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

gosplan wrote: »
    ???

I'm not sure if you mean 'bottle the red' which the ref did or you're going drinking. Isn't spellcheck amazing.

what are you even on about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

There'll be trophies at Stamford Bridge this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    There'll be trophies at Stamford Bridge this year.

Hopefully theres one next sunday for a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well it would be nice to beat spurs at wembley.

Last time we played them there was a good laugh.

City win by 5.

Knew theyed destroy neecastle. Hopefully that draw today doesnt cost us in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

http://gfycat.com/EvenLoathsomeHound#

If you look t it really slowly(can change speed in the corner), it does look very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I feel today's events at Stamford Bridge can only be explained as natural justice for the fans behaviour this week

garra wrote: »
    I feel today's events at Stamford Bridge can only be explained as natural justice for the fans behaviour this week

Doesnt explain how s**t Atkinson was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

garra wrote: »

From what I heard chelsea has enough chances to win by 5. They can only blame themselves.

• Advertisement

Atkinson is a joke, how barnes didnt get sent off ill never know.

Matic shoves him and walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

niallo27 wrote: »
    From what I heard chelsea has enough chances to win by 5. They can only blame themselves.

A fair and valid point but still if we had our dues it would have been at least 3-0

A fair and valid point but still if we had our dues it would have been at least 3-0

We'll have to get used to it.

If we got the penalties we deserved we'd have 4 more points.

Only thing the team can do is not rely on shocking ref calls by beating teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Matic should have done this at least IMO :pac:

https://vine.co/v/OQhh17a5zPB

The level of refereeing in the leage is a big problem.

klose wrote: »
    Matic should have done this at least IMO :pac:

https://vine.co/v/OQhh17a5zPB

The level of refereeing in the leage is a big problem.

That would be worth a 3 game ban in fairness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

How did Cuadrado do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Montroseee wrote: »
    How did Cuadrado do?

not as good as i hoped, very wasteful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

our team vs Spurs

B-YqOvfIcAAuTF_.png:large

At least we have Courtois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Indeed we have it really is time for Costa, Cesc, Oscar and Ram to step up to the mark Dave, JT and Haz been good time for the other players need to match it now. It's not like they are average players,

Indeed we have it really is time for Costa, Cesc, Oscar and Ram to step up to the mark Dave, JT and Haz been good time for the other players need to match it now. It's not like they are average players,

Ya everyone needs to up their games considerably for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya everyone needs to up their games considerably for the next few weeks.

I'm as pissed off with the overall performance as much as the officiating to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Jaysus, you guys got absolutely screwed over today.
    2 stone wall penos and a red card for Barnes.
    While matic shouldn't have reacted the way he did, it still didn't deserve a red. He pushed him over ffs and hands didn't go near the lads face.
    Would have been better if he stayed down and been injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That tackle on matic was dreadful. Feel sorry for him missing out on the cup final. Shockingly bad refereeing performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think if someone nearly took the leg clean off me I'd react similarly to Matic to be honest.
    Barnes shouldn't have been on the pitch never mind get through the whole game with not so much as a card.
    I'm actually miffed as to why I he ref didn't give them a penalty for Luis. God knows he fuct up every other decision today.
    Worst Reffing I've seen in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Panthro wrote: »
    I think if someone nearly took the leg clean off me I'd react similarly to Matic to be honest.

It's happened to me before and I got sent off for a similar reaction to Matic so I completely understand his reaction. The red mist just comes down. In his defence he merely pushed Barnes over, Barnes is lucky he didn't get at least a box for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't argue with Matic's reaction at all, even though he's gonna have to serve the ban.

One or both of Barnes and Atkinson have to serve one too though or the 'conspiracy theories' of Mourinho are gonna start looking all the more real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

As I said earlier I don't think anyone can blame Matic for his reaction.

Horrible, horrible tackle and I get the feeling Shearer and Robbie Savage were saying (without actually saying it) that he was well within his rights to react on MOTD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Has Barnes a rep for tackles like today? Just watching MOTD now and his tackle on Ivanovic was bad enough nevermind his tackle on Matic. Don't blame Matic tbh, I would have probably wanted to do worse. The way his leg bent it could have easily broken. Ye should have set Costa on him, the junkyard dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

If any of you have a cool enough temper go read a guy called Chris Boden's tweets over the last 5 hours. He will make your blood boil. Such ignorant, biased views.

I won't ruin the suprise and treat of reading them for you's by posting them.

Well, hes wrong on everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

All this is the reaction of the bs going on over racist fans , we will continue to have every referee and the FA against us for the rest of the season.

Then when Mourinho speaks the truth they fine him 25k
    Disgrace SS nazi Sturmfuherer league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

the_monkey wrote: »
    All this is the reaction of the bs going on over racist fans , we will continue to have every referee and the FA against us for the rest of the season.

Ah here, Jose says whatever. He comes out with utterly delusional stuff in interviews as a deliberate tactic.

Two things noted on MOTD were the Burnley peno shout and Ivanovic's antics.

While there are obvious issues with the ref in this game, Chelsea usually give as good as they get in terms of rule bending ... and always have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

the_monkey wrote: »

"Speaking the truth" is pretty much strethcing the truth - listening to Jose is sometimes akin to the reading the prison forum in boards.ie

It's not what he says it that gets him into toruble, it's how he says it - and until that changes and he learns how to form an argument without attacking people, he's best saying nothing.

When you brandish referees as "enemies of the gsme" and state that there is corruption against your team, you're going to get banned or fined. No matter who you are. Louis Van Gaal had a warning for it earlier this week.

If he's not capable of stating the referee had a bad game or missed some important ponits without playing the victim card - which is pretty muc what he did yesterday - then perhaps it best he keep his mouth shut, but let's be honest: every other manager manages to express themselves wihtout controvery, why not him?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jose is the guest on goals on Sunday at 11 , should be very interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    Jose is the guest on goals on Sunday at 11 , should be very interesting

Turned on a minute late, should be good to hear from him when he has to give long/lots of answers. He's been excellent in the responses to the racism incident imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

He's being a joker here. No mention of Ivanovic who should have been suspended for that game if he had been rightly sent off for throttling MCCarthy. He'll be banned for this and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Quality stuff here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Say they are regretting inviting him on already :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

This is fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kami hasn't laughed in 20 mins , a record I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Loving Jose TV gold

Tears of a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tmo ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is Jose on drugs this morning? The man is insane.

Ranchu wrote: »
    Tears of a clown.

Big fan obviously I see

According to Graham Poll (yea I know blind leading the blind) but as arms not raised by Matic there is a good chance red would be over turned. Don't think it will but worth a shot anyway.

Still waitng on Barnes crimes that really was a classic lesson from TSHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

According to Graham Poll (yea I know blind leading the blind) but as arms not raised by Matic there is a good chance red would be over turned. Don't think it will but worth a shot anyway.

Still waitng on Barnes crimes that really was a classic lesson from TSHO.

I'd be very surprised if a red was overturned tbh, a push is a push at the end of the day. Barnes should obviously get retrospective action too but it doesn't really have any impact on us so won't be too worried when he doesn't get anything.

• Advertisement

Big fan obviously I see

I am actually. For entertainment value you couldn't make this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement