Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

watched columbia v venuezula lastnight ;wasnt too impressed by cudrado nor falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just for anyone that didnt see it.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/06/update-on-consultation-process.html
    A year ago a study of the area from Fulham Broadway to Stamford Bridge and beyond was commissioned by Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich to examine the potential of upgrading the streetscape.

Do we risk pi**ing off a club legend like Cech by making demands to Arsenal for a player in the deal?

Personally I've no real issue with him going there anyway and I'm not bothered about a player in return either, Waloctt or the Ox would be great, both have value far higher than Cech IMO so theres very little hope of anything happening in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

the_monkey wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking Falcao signing is a huge mistake ?

That's the point I was making before, Mou sees something in Falcao to look for a transfer, in Torres he had to work him in to his team.

In Mou we trust

Ya, I'd give Jose the benefit of the doubt, he probably wants something different to what we already have in Costa and Remy.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out if it does happen. What could be good too is Colombia could go out in the group stages so more rest for Falcao and Cuadrado.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Costa and Falcao linked up really well together one season(possibly 2?) at Altetico so that could be another option especially if we are chasing a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Also we shouldn't sell to Arsenal unless we get something in return. We owe it to Cech to let him pick and I completely understand that he wants to stay in London but it would strengthen them far too much. He's a leader with a winning mentality, something that Arsenal dressing room sorely miss. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him captain tbh considering Mert is terrible.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Costa and Falcao linked up really well together one season(possibly 2?) at Altetico so that could be another option especially if we are chasing a game.

They did at Atletico when Costa wsa doing much of the donkey work and playing 2nd fiddle to Falcao, Falcao was better than Costa then but right now Falcao is not on Costas level. The only saving grace is we know full well what a fit Falcao can do with a good team setup to get the best out of him, we also know what can happen if he flops and right now on last years evidence hes more like to continue what happened at Utd last year.

However, I'm willing to give him time should he sign, I dont think he'll be getting 15-20 goals but if his general play improves and he knocks in 7-10 league goals I'll be happy.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Also we shouldn't sell to Arsenal unless we get something in return. We owe it to Cech to let him pick and I completely understand that he wants to stay in London but it would strengthen them far too much. He's a leader with a winning mentality, something that Arsenal dressing room sorely miss. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him captain tbh considering Mert is terrible.

I'd agree we shouldnt sell unless we've got a huge bid or have something in return, I dont think he'd be captain though.

Kosclieny is probably there next captain (not sure if hes vice captain or not) or maybe Wilshire if he stays fit which is a rare thing

• Advertisement

Most of those links are coming from Madrid based Jurnos, theres nothing in them other than click bait or BS.

Ive heard Costa wants to go home because hes homesick, Courtois because his Spanish GF ( whos from Belgium) wants to go to MAdrid.

All a load of bo**ocks, what reporter looks at those articles and says, "Right, De Gea for 20million or Courtois for 75m?" and then says Courtois to Real is possible? :pac:

If they do offer 75m for Courtois (they wont) we'd be mad to turn it down however, Courtois is here for the long haul.

Some reports have said we're going to be in for Raheem Sterling this summer. Now thats a n underwhelming signing if we ever go down that route.

WE'll be brought to the cleaners by Pool and vastly overpay pn what right now is a decent player with buckets of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Falcao was never really given a fair chance at Utd. They type of football LVG's wants his team play is not the style of game that Falcao made his reputation in. Simply put it's very hard for a player playing in a system that puts them at a disadvantage to regain confidence and skill when they're playing in a system that doesn't actually play to the strengths. Imagine if Messi was forced to play in Jack Charlton's long ball system as the main man up front? The guy's aerial ability is better than most people think. Doesn't change the fact though it'd be a form of attack that terribly gimps Messi's potential. Imagine then Messi was low on confidence and returning from a nasty injury lay-off.

I wouldn't be surprised if he found form and confidence again at Chelsea. If ye can get him for a reasonable price it's an excellent gamble to take. One with potential for huge dividends and also obvious brownie points of Mou over LVG. Though if we're honest, you'd have to be very naive consider this Mou's genius. It's a gamble any club in Chelsea's position should take if they have the opportunity to. Falcao is a no brainer. Worst case scenario he flops and you still have Costa anyway. Not really a massive loss there methinks.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Falcao was never really given a fair chance at Utd. They type of football LVG's wants his team play is not the style of game that Falcao made his reputation in. Simply put it's very hard for a player playing in a system that puts them at a disadvantage to regain confidence and skill when they're playing in a system that doesn't actually play to the strengths. Imagine if Messi was forced to play in Jack Charlton's long ball system as the main man up front? The guy's aerial ability is better than most people think. Doesn't change the fact though it'd be a form of attack that terribly gimps Messi's potential. Imagine then Messi was low on confidence and returning from a nasty injury lay-off.

I wouldn't be surprised if he found form and confidence again at Chelsea. If ye can get him for a reasonable price it's an excellent gamble to take. One with potential for huge dividends and also obvious brownie points of Mou over LVG. Though if we're honest, you'd have to be very naive consider this Mou's genius. It's a gamble any club in Chelsea's position should take if they have the opportunity to. Falcao is a no brainer. Worst case scenario he flops and you still have Costa anyway. Not really a massive loss there methinks.

AS I said, I'll give Falcao the benefit fo the doubt, for about 2 years he was nearly peerless as the top CF in Europe, however I dont think he'll get a fair chance at Chelsea either. He'll get a lot of 15-20mins here and there. Unless Jose decided to go with 2 up top when chasing a game.

Yes we'll play better football than Utd when we have too but I dont think he'll get enough minutes. He would be an upgrade on Drogba from last year though and if he can better Drogbas 4 league goals, I'll be really happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If ye get him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jose attempt to build the team around him. He'll know then within about 5 games whether it's workable or not. It might take longer for the results to become blatantly visible. Jose's astute though if it's got potential to work he'll stick with it. Otherwise, he'll dump it.

Turtwig wrote: »
    If ye get him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jose attempt to build the team around him. He'll know then within about 5 games whether it's workable or not. It might take longer for the results to become blatantly visible. Jose's astute though if it's got potential to work he'll stick with it. Otherwise, he'll dump it.

Ya, I think theres so much smoke now at this stage its more a case of when we get him TBH.

I dont think he'll start any games over Costa, unless Costa is injured/suspended but I do agree that if Falcao is brought in shortly and Colombia have exited the Copa America, he'll be given a full pre-season and probably a few 45-60mins cameos, something he didnt have the luxury of having at Utd and we'll see how he goes from there.

EPL fixtures 2015/16 are out on Wednesday too.

Be interesting to see what our run in is like, was a pretty tricky few weeks the season just gone with Pool, Arsenal and Utd in the space of 3 or 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »
    EPL fixtures 2015/16 are out on Wednesday too.

Be interesting to see what our run in is like, was a pretty tricky few weeks the season just gone with Pool, Arsenal and Utd in the space of 3 or 4 weeks.

Yes hopefully we will play Bournemouth away in August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

JT26 wrote: »
    Falcao a Chelsea player?

Not officially anyway. :o

The latest ITK coming out from the Stamford Bridge expansion is the club apparently favour a move to wait for it........the Boland Ground (Upton Park) if and when the expansion is granted by the council.

Reasons being is they wouldnt have to lay off a good 70% of staff who work at the Bridge that they would have to if they moved to Wembley or Twickenham. The earliest this could happen is for the start of next year as West Ham are moving to the Olympic Stadium.

I think the above, if its even considered, is utter madness, imagine playing in East London for 2 years and in a terrible, not so trendy and upmarket East London. :o

I imagine the more hardcore, local Chelsea fans will have none of it anyway, will be interesting to see come the end of the month as details emerge.

Falcao to Chelsea is apparently imminent, the finer details will likely see Monaco pick up Musonda and Palisic on loan for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Cant see anyone at the club wanting to be involved in Upton Park, I will be nice and say not a great ground and way too small. The damage to our image would be huge so bottle journalism again I think.

Cant see anyone at the club wanting to be involved in Upton Park, I will be nice and say not a great ground and way too small. The damage to our image would be huge so bottle journalism again I think.

I agree, I think that would be the last resort, Twickeham and Wembley were mentioned also but both only operating at about a 50k capacity, so would probably mean closing the upper tiers in each ground, no issue with that TBH unless the demand was there for really big games.

I've actually come across this :
    However, under the terms of an agreement with Brent Council, an unlimited number of matches could be held at Wembley if the attendance falls under 50,000 spectators.

That would involve shutting the top tier and cutting off 40,000 seats but that would still offer Chelsea over 8,000 more than their current 41,837 capacity at Stamford Bridge

Off to Wembley we go lads, and we can open it up to 90K if we need it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I've actually come across this :

Off to Wembley we go lads, and we can open it up to 90K if we need it :pac:

That be real cool have the CL semi for the two / three seasons at full capacity other than that 50k would be fine. Perhaps the United and Arsenal game at full as well if they cam manage to mount a challenge :D:D

That be real cool have the CL semi for the two / three seasons at full capacity other than that 50k would be fine. Perhaps the United and Arsenal game at full as well if they cam manage to mount a challenge :D:D

Apparently Wembley is limited to 37 full events, concerts, NFL, England games, Domestic Cup finals & playoffs so we'd be struggling to get our share in but I'd imagine out Category AA games would get more than 50K people.

Arsenal, Utd, Pool would draw our biggest crowds IMO as the fans will tavel well from those 3 teams too.

Whats interesting is it costs about 1m to rent out a fully filled Wembley for an event, our matchday revenue at about 42k fans is roughly in and around 1m a home game but that includes food and merchandise, with the extra 8k fans on top we could actually make some money too.

We'd be realistically renting Wembley for 2 years we'll say, thats at least 38 EPL games, at least 6 European games (if we get there) probably an extra 3-5 FA, League cup games all at 50k capacity so if we can sort a deal out where we can rent it out and possibily throw in some cheaper tickets for the larger games it would be brilliant.

Playing at Wembley would be great too, sure every year you'd have clubs that wouldnt ever get to Wembley, having a day out too.

Winner, winner :pac:

Transfer columns again on about Pogba, this time saying its going to be Ramires , Oscar & Cash to Juve for Pogba. :pac:

How many times do multi player & cash deal happens? Its very rare to have a player exchange and cash yet alone adding another player into the mix. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Transfer columns again on about Pogba, this time saying its going to be Ramires , Oscar & Cash to Juve for Pogba. :pac:

How many times do multi player & cash deal happens? Its very rare to have a player exchange and cash yet alone adding another player into the mix. :D

Allll the time! (On footy manager) I can't see it happening and having seen more of him this year I don't think he'd be the guy to break the bank for!

hots wrote: »
    Allll the time! (On footy manager) I can't see it happening and having seen more of him this year I don't think he'd be the guy to break the bank for!

His true value will probably be determined by how many clubs go after him in the end but theres no way it should be between 60-80m.

For that price you shoudl be getting the finihsed article, a guy about 25/26 and a truly world class player, Pogba is an exceptional talent and will probably go on to reach such heights but right now, I dont think hes worth that but it all harks back to hes worth whatever someone is willing to pay for him and if a few heavyweights start bidding its going to push Bales record pretty close it seems, if he came to England he'd top Di Marias price I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    where are ye guys reading Falcao deal imminent?

From the French side, think it was L'equipe.

Duncan Castles has also said it.

I reckon its a case of hwne and not if at this stage.

Some more rumours.

Cech to Arsenal only if we sign Begovic :pac:

Love silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Sky sports news reporting interest in Charlie Austin

• Advertisement

Sky sports news reporting interest in Charlie Austin

Seen that, I'd prefer Falcao.

Austin is a Chelsea fan and a limited player IMO.

I'd rather have Falcao for a year and bring Bamford next season than bring in Austin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'd rather Charlie Austin then Falcao

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'd rather Charlie Austin then Falcao

And thats how opinions differ. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

As long as we keep Jon Obi Mikel I'm happy ...

the_monkey wrote: »
    As long as we keep Jon Obi Mikel I'm happy ...

I think my sarcasm detector has just gone into meltdown. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I think my sarcasm detector has just gone into meltdown. :eek:

One of the best things about winning the UCL 2012 was saying to people how Jon Obi was a UCL medal holder and Messi had nothing - > Mikel > Messi

:))))

Used to wind people right up down here ... especially in crappy Spanish ... it can be great at masking the piss taking :D

Mikel played well in the final that year, Luiz and Cahill too, actually all the starters bar maybe Kalou, Ka-f**king-lou started a UCL final for us played well from what I remember. :o

Sky sports saying the Falcao deal has just been done

I am very excited about this, no details yet about the deal though. It'll be great to see can Jose ressurect Falcaos career...I think he can but let's hope the figures are right.

Sky sports saying the Falcao deal has just been done

Ya, only Sky reporting it so far.

I'll wait for the club but as I said earlier, its a case of when, not if.

I am very excited about this, no details yet about the deal though. It'll be great to see can Jose ressurect Falcaos career...I think he can but let's hope the figures are right.

Our medicial department is pretty special but if Falcao can get his career back on track it will be a good piece of business.

If theres a future fee invovled, regardless if Falcao scores 20goals this year I think we should pass and just use him as a stop gap.

One thing it might do though is drive Remy out the door. Bamford is certainly going out on loan again so we might still need a 3rd CF but if we go into next year with Costa, Rrmy & Falcao it'll be an improvement on last year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

As bad as Falcao was with United I just can't stop thinking of the old him . Like the one that scored a first half hatrick against us :O if Jose can get the best out if him then it will be a great signing

rottie 11 wrote: »
    As bad as Falcao was with United I just can't stop thinking of the old him . Like the one that scored a first half hatrick against us :O if Jose can get the best out if him then it will be a great signing

If he can double Drogbas return of 4 league goals and subsequently his own league total from last year I'll be happy.

I dont think he'll get much more than 12 if he does but I'd hope himself and Remy can get close to 10, if Costa can get 15-20 it'll be another good season.

There was an article by Dan Levane, basically since 2010 we've had the easiest opening day fixtures of any club.

On average we've played a team thats finished 13th or lower (including newly promoted sides) in those 5 years.

Lets hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I really hope Falcao works out but I just don't see it. Think its another case of a knee injury ending a career. He was shocking last season and has been poor for Columbia so far in the Copa America and Warm up games and if it is a loan deal we'll be fronting his massive wages.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement