Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Griezeman as a marquee signing would be good going.

I know Ramires is supposedly getting a new contract but if they got rid of him and Mikel, MVG and the other non-essentials, do you think they should enter the race for Schneiderlin? Is he good enough?
    Having Matic, Fab, RLC and the Schneid wouldn't be bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Griezeman as a marquee signing would be good going.

I know Ramires is supposedly getting a new contract but if they got rid of him and Mikel, MVG and the other non-essentials, do you think they should enter the race for Schneiderlin? Is he good enough?
    Having Matic, Fab, RLC and the Schneid wouldn't be bad...

Tbh I'd probably rather keep MVG rather than buying someone like schneiderlin. Matic, cesc, MVG, RLC and ramires. We would be grand with that and zouma for midfield if we were stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The good thing about our starting XI is, in relative terms to the rest of the league were a few players stronger than any of our rivals as it stands.

They have to play catch up to us, Arsenal on paper look the most likely, IMO but I wouldnt be discounting Utd or City at the drop of a hat.

Pool have the done the msot business so far of any of the big clubs but the rest will enter the market soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Have you been pogba watching gav?

Not so much this weekend, I have fully stocked up on supplies so going do a full week of it this week.

#PogbaWatch2015
    #WhoLeftThePogsOut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

rottie 11 wrote: »

Definitely not going to happen, why send players to a club were they'll get 0 minutes?

In terms of rivals strengthening, Utd have got better (and seem to be linked with everyone) and so have Arsenal but City haven't done much yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Its very early in the window yet to be worried about signings.
    I think we are watching what happens regards FFP and what City, Utd and Arse do.

As mentioned they have to sign a few players to catch up with us which i do think City and Utd will do. Then Mou might feel the need to strengten further to keep ahead of the pack.
    Thats not to say we wont sign any one any way, i think we are always looking if there is a good deal to be done.

If we sign Griezman i will be delighted any one after that is a bonus in my book.
    Depending of course which players we move on.

what a day wrote: »
    Its very early in the window yet to be worried about signings.
    I think we are watching what happens regards FFP and what City, Utd and Arse do.

As mentioned they have to sign a few players to catch up with us which i do think City and Utd will do. Then Mou might feel the need to strengten further to keep ahead of the pack.
    Thats not to say we wont sign any one any way, i think we are always looking if there is a good deal to be done.

If we sign Griezman i will be delighted any one after that is a bonus in my book.
    Depending of course which players we move on.

I think we will get players signed but unlike last year when we had glaring issues in the XI, its not as easy to stregthen thin time around, that snot to say it wonty be done, every team has places where it can be upgraded on.

I just dont want us caught with our d**ks in our hand while the rest of our rivals catch up and we end up over paying for a player in late August.

Anyone else Salah could be Matic mkII. What was lacking from his footballing brain before the loan seems to have been rectified

duploelabs wrote: »
    Anyone else Salah could be Matic mkII. What was lacking from his footballing brain before the loan seems to have been rectified

He could be, hes still young, has blistering pace but it wasnt just his ability to run into dead end situations, his passing and especially his end product in terms of finishing was dreadful for this level.

Salah would probably need a run of games to be truly productive and to show what he can do but when youve good players breathing down your neck, if you dont think your chances when youre given them, the manager wont trust you.

Jose, for his part, has to trust the squad more, we sparingly used the entire squad this year and rotation wasnt really happening as we had a settled 8 or 9 players that were playing week in week out, the players on the fringes have to do better in training and on match days too though.

Right now we've two decent RWs on the fringes of the XI, and we've more chance of getting money out of a Salah athen we do with selling Cuadrado so will be interesting to see what happens.

duploelabs wrote: »

Not sure but I'm not worried about selling, he didn't perform when he played with us, looked good in a nothing league before and with Fiorentina had a handful of strong performances. Nothing there to make me think we should turn down an offer that turns a profit.

hots wrote: »
    Not sure but I'm not worried about selling, he didn't perform when he played with us, looked good in a nothing league before and with Fiorentina had a handful of strong performances. Nothing there to make me think we should turn down an offer that turns a profit.

Ya, I think we could flip around Salah for a bit of a profit if we really need too.

Its all down to him though, right now, hes probably 7th choice in terms of players to play in the support roles.

Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Cesc, Cuadrado, Ramires, Salah.

Does he think he'll get much game time over the above? Hes mainly in competition with Cuadrado and Willian and maybe Ramires who has played wide right too. He wont kick on with limited playing time either.

• Advertisement

Some more BS, RLC to Vitesse and we're bidding for Stones apparently.

On a positive note we'll see our new jersey in a few days as the Samsung deals expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Some more BS, RLC to Vitesse and we're bidding for Stones apparently.

Yeah I can't see Loftus-Cheek going on loan, I'd expect him to take Mikel's place in the squad. Stones would be a great buy, him and Zouma as our centre halves for the future.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah I can't see Loftus-Cheek going on loan, I'd expect him to take Mikel's place in the squad. Stones would be a great buy, him and Zouma as our centre halves for the future.

A loan move to a much lesser league would stunt his growth IMO. RLC is good enough to get a loan in England at the top end of the championship and lower half EPL.

Hes also good enough to play with Chelsea if hes surronded by the right players. I'd love to see him and Matic in the pivot for the 1st game of the season and push Cesc into #10.

Ya, Stones would be a good buy, his price would be high but hes HG and hes got years ahead of him to learn, like Zouma, I think getting him in early is key, if he only got 12months of learning from JT it would still be invaluable to the young lad.

I'm hoping when JT does hang up the boots he can come back and be involved with coaching the youngsters too. The guy loves the club and you get the feeling he'd do anything the club want from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Don't think RLC has done enough to warrant a starting position myself. He'd have to have a whopper of a pre season.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Don't think RLC has done enough to warrant a starting position myself. He'd have to have a whopper of a pre season.

Not a regular starting spot but if he took Ramires' role and played 20 games or so I think that would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Thanks lads, we appreciate the hand me down.

How does everyone feel about losing Cech?

Thanks lads, we appreciate the hand me down.

How does everyone feel about losing Cech?

Would rather it wasn't to Arsenal but it's what he wanted for his family so can't be too annoyed at it.

CIrKrXJXAAAhWsq.jpg

For the service that he's given us, he could have my sister and mother and I still wouldn't begrudge him

gun__1435588130_CECH_711_TO_USE.jpegI don't like this

Fairplay to him, he'll break the EPL clean sheet record very soon and I wish him every success in the capitla 1 cup and FA cup.

He can f**k off from the EPL and European success :pac:

Good luck bit Pete.

From ChelseaFC.com
    During his 11 years at Stamford Bridge the goalkeeper became a Chelsea icon, winning four Premier League trophies, four FA Cups, three League Cups, the Europa League and the Champions League, when his heroics in the penalty shootout helped us lift Europe’s greatest club prize.

He signed for Chelsea from Rennes in 2004 and made his Blues debut as a 22-year-old.

The Czech international went on to establish himself as the club’s first-choice goalkeeper for a decade, setting Premier League records for the longest period without conceding a goal (between December 2004 and March 2005) and the fewest goals conceded in a season that same campaign, the latter of which still stands.

With 494 games to his credit he holds the record for the most Chelsea appearances by a foreign player.

His 228 clean sheets surpassed another club legend Peter Bonetti’s long-standing club record.

Chelsea Football Club thanks Petr for his fantastic service over the past 11 years, and in particular for his immense contribution to our success in that time

Looking to the future, theres a few records Courtois will hopefully break, 2 in particular would be Cechs 494 games, the most by a foreign player at Chelsea and the other, the Chelsea clean sheet record of 228.

We were blessed to have 2 of the best 3 GKs in the league last year and IMO, the EPL best GK for over a decade.

• Advertisement

Fairplay to him, he'll break the EPL clean sheet record very soon and I wish him every success in the capitla 1 cup and FA cup.

He can f**k off from the EPL and European success :pac:

I wish him as many second places in that as possible :) (and if we happen to go out of Europe earlier than Arsenal I'll cheer him on in that too).

A Chelsea and Premier League legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    The man is A CFC legend,wish him all the best.

kinda , the last bit in particular

Cech wrote a decent heart felt open letter to Chelsea fans upon the news.

Basically said it was a new chapter of his life and that when we meet again, to remember the 11 years we shared together and that he never thought this move would happen.

Cech wrote a decent heart felt open letter to Chelsea fans upon the news.

Basically said it was a new chapter of his life and that when we meet again, to remember the 11 years we shared together and that he never thought this move would happen.

"Let's 'bee' friends." It says, "bee" and it has a picture of a bee on it.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Anyone else secretly happy that we'll finally have some decent competition in London now?

Anyone else secretly happy that we'll finally have some decent competition now?

FTFY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Johner wrote: »
    CIrKrXJXAAAhWsq.jpg

And not even a mention for Mourinho :D

Great signing for us. One of the best keepers in world football.

I wish him all the best in his personal life but hes gonna hate it at Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I imagine if TSSHO really didn't want Petr to go to Arsenal he could have swung it that he didn't. But TBo's career is taking off and absolute legend that he has been Petrs is beyond its apex. So will he on his own make Arsenal 12 points better next season doubt it and I suspect TSSHO does not as well.

He will improve them in the short term no doubt but TBo will still be between our sticks in 10 years so with a straight choice between the two it was always going to be Petr who lost. If we can get Bergovic from Stoke by and large we are no worse off really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

peteeeed wrote: »
    gun__1435588130_CECH_711_TO_USE.jpeg
    I so do not like the new Chelsea kit. :(

Seriously though, it's sad to see such a legend and a true gent go. But we had an impossible choice to make.

I imagine if TSSHO really didn't want Petr to go to Arsenal he could have swung it that he didn't. But TBo's career is taking off and absolute legend that he has been Petrs is beyond its apex. So will he on his own make Arsenal 12 points better next season doubt it and I suspect TSSHO does not as well.

He will improve them in the short term no doubt but TBo will still be between our sticks in 10 years so with a straight choice between the two it was always going to be Petr who lost. If we can get Bergovic from Stoke by and large we are no worse off really.

He's got at least 15 years as our #1

• Advertisement

These are the supposed stadium plans. Seriously.

stand1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

pillars.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

stand-2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

Ya came to link to it.

Daily Mail has pictures from the exhibition to the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3143769/Chelsea-owner-Roman-Abramovich-unveil-Stamford-Bridge-expansion-plans-club-aim-increase-capacity-60-000.html

IMO, its looks dreadful but thats only in the drawnings ive seen in the link. Id prefer a 3d model of it to work out do i like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I think it looks great ( if a little Cold War ) but a far lot more interesting than the more normal " bowl " type structure everybody seems to go for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hard to tell from very iffy, vague line drawings but it looks alright to me too, can't beat a bit of brutalism on one side and gothicy type stuff on another side. Interesting is good, and they will have to think outside the normal to fit it in to the space. Like fitting a quart into a pint pot, something most out of town stadium don't have to worry about.

This is the most interesting one IMO.

2A17426A00000578-3143769-The_North_Stand_East_Stand_South_East_Corner_South_Stand_and_Wes-a-1_1435647271068.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement