Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The above new stands all show that we plan on digging down a good few feet to accomodate the new stands.

The 3 tiers are pretty big compared to what we have too and the stands seem to be a bit higher too.

I wonder will we see an Aviva Stadium style glass design to let in light for local residents to get over the light issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya came to link to it.

Daily Mail has pictures from the exhibition to the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3143769/Chelsea-owner-Roman-Abramovich-unveil-Stamford-Bridge-expansion-plans-club-aim-increase-capacity-60-000.html

IMO, its looks dreadful but thats only in the drawnings ive seen in the link. Id prefer a 3d model of it to work out do i like it or not.

It looks ballsy anyway, and far more interesting than the more recent stadiums that have been built. A 3D model or a few aerial artists impressions of the stadium sitting in it's surroundings would be great.

Its also being said that the hotels will be knocked, thankfully, dont think the bring in enough revenue to warrant taking up very valuable space.

hots wrote: »
    It looks ballsy anyway, and far more interesting than the more recent stadiums that have been built. A 3D model or a few aerial artists impressions of the stadium sitting in it's surroundings would be great.

Thats what I'd love to see, to understand it a bit better and see how it sits in its surrondings.

I'd imagine the people in the know have seen such designs or have something mocked up somewhere.

The above new stands all show that we plan on digging down a good few feet to accomodate the new stands.

The 3 tiers are pretty big compared to what we have too and the stands seem to be a bit higher too.

I wonder will we see an Aviva Stadium style glass design to let in light for local residents to get over the light issues.

Looks like the south stand will be where a lot of the gains are found too, exciting stuff :)

Looks like the south stand will be where a lot of the gains are found too, exciting stuff :)

Ya, the Shed (south) and Matt Harding (north) are both going to be 3 tier stands under the new proposals. The Shed is tiny as it is but I'd have loved 1 stand with 2 very large tiers or like Dortmund, 1 huge tier for the home fans to create a bit of atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

McDave wrote: »
    I so do not like the new Chelsea kit. :(

Seriously though, it's sad to see such a legend and a true gent go. But we had an impossible choice to make.

Pity it had to be Arsenal though ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Lukker- wrote: »
    I wish him all the best in his personal life but hes gonna hate it at Arsenal.

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So wonder if we will get Begovic to replace Cech. Only 28 home grown thats our keepers sorted for at least 4 years gives a young lad a chance to show if they are good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Why do you think that?

The 100 k a week salary, playing in front of 60,000. Pure nightmare for the lad. What is he thinking ? ;)

• Advertisement

Ya, the Shed (south) and Matt Harding (north) are both going to be 3 tier stands under the new proposals. The Shed is tiny as it is but I'd have loved 1 stand with 2 very large tiers or like Dortmund, 1 huge tier for the home fans to create a bit of atmosphere.

Yeah would love something like that too but it's not really done in the prem sadly. The Dortmund end is unreal but I don't think any prem ground could recreate that.

I see Cresswell signed a new deal with West Ham, they did well to keep him from going to a bigger club this summer I think, means his price tag next year will be big enough if he has another good season.

So wonder if we will get Begovic to replace Cech. Only 28 home grown thats our keepers sorted for at least 4 years gives a young lad a chance to show if they are good enough.

Apparently we've had a bid rejected for Begovic, not too bothered really, the 1st bid is to test the water in most cases.

Apparently we've had a bid rejected for Begovic, not too bothered really, the 1st bid is to test the water in most cases.

The home-grown factor is great, if he's willing to come and play 2nd fiddle that's a slot in the squad that has to be filled (2nd keeper) and one of the home grown ones filled that we didn't have last year.

The home-grown factor is great, if he's willing to come and play 2nd fiddle that's a slot in the squad that has to be filled (2nd keeper) and one of the home grown ones filled that we didn't have last year.

Well Cech played still managed to play 16 games last year. For a number 2 thats a lot of game time.

If we can tell Begovic that he'll get a dozen games and be genuine backup to Courtois I'd be happy. Hes a good GK for what he does, hes not going to be as aggressive as Courtois in his positioning but hes still a steady GK and would be a better backup than Rob Green anyway.

Just on the stadium, I hope it gets approval from the council.

The plans have widened all exits by the look things and also theyre planning on running a walkway from Fulham Broadway to the South Stand (The Shed End) which would deal with all the away fans at present and also a good chunk of home fans going straight to the ground from the tube.

There also seem to have covered the tracks towards the cemetry, whihc will encompass the new East stand, probably a concrete box over the tracks so hopefully London Transport will play ball on that.

Digging down might be an issue but it a pie in the sky guess it looks like we'll be diggin down a good few metres, probably between 5-10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is Willian going central if this Turan deal goes through? Will be a top signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I appear to be in a minority here but I think that proposal drawing is the biz.
    It looks like a proper fortress of terror, it says 'bring yer rocket launchers cnutz. We will not be defeated!'
    Scare the bejaysus out of any opponent before ever they enter the doom.

Or Perhaps I'm reading between the drawing lines too much..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

There is a 1984 / Metropolis look about the images in the Daily Fail. Would have loved the old power station in Battersea to be incorporated into the stadium but this will be as iconic I think.

peteeeed wrote: »

Bit like Neymar, he had a deal signed before eventually joining Barca.

Is Willian going central if this Turan deal goes through? Will be a top signing.

Probably. Although must of the player are capable of operating in the #10 role. If he is signed it will mean the end for salah and or cuadrado.

Id much prefer Griezmann but thats less likely at this stage it seems.

DiMarzio, said our opening bid was about £6m for Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

DiMarzio, said our opening bid was about £6m for Begovic.

Seen that, and Stoke holding out for £8m so you'd imagine that we'd reach it.

While he's no Cech, he is a very good GK and you'd probably have him in the to 6 or 7 GKs in the league right now.

Begovic, if he comes in would be a good replacement, probably the best we could hope for in a realistic bracket of ability.

I dont know if hes near top 6 GKs in the league but hes certainly not such a liability like Turnbull that we should worry if he does play games for us.

• Advertisement

Begovic, if he comes in would be a good replacement, probably the best we could hope for in a realistic bracket of ability.

I dont know if hes near top 6 GKs in the league but hes certainly not such a liability like Turnbull that we should worry if he does play games for us.

I'd have Tibo, Cech, Lloris, Hart and De Gea ahead of him, De Gea won't be in the league for too much longer though.

Very good keeper imo, Good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Willian, Salah or Cuadrado, who would you prefer to keep?

Cuadrado isn't there that long is he? Have ye seen much of him?

brevity wrote: »
    Willian, Salah or Cuadrado, who would you prefer to keep?

Cuadrado isn't there that long is he? Have ye seen much of him?

Of those 3? Willian, bit of a no brainer for me.

We wont make money on Cuadrado or Willian but Salah could see us turn a profit. Cuadrado will be given this year I'd assume to prove what hes made of, however, if we do bring in Turan, his days are well numbered IMO.

JT26 wrote: »
    He'd definitely be an upgrade on what we have that's for sure,no updates on greizmann or is there no chance if us getting him? What about the falcao rumours

All the rumours seem to have gone quiet. Although it was mentioned on Twitter that Falcao signed his deal on Monday and would be announced towards the end of the week.

Could be cynical but I also imagine the club would want any new signings to be holding a new jersey which we should see tomorrow or Thursday, do if any deals have been done, like Falcao, I reckon we'll see them announced very soon and with a new jersey to hold.

• Advertisement

Is the new jersey out this week? We must be one of the last clubs to not annouce it yet.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Is the new jersey out this week? We must be one of the last clubs to not annouce it yet.

Samsung deal is reportedly up tomorrow so we should see the official jersey very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Roman is waiting for the Grexit. Euro will devalue more and it will make it cheaper to sign players on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I think Roman is waiting for the Grexit. Euro will devalue more and it will make it cheaper to sign players on the continent.

Isn't his main company registered In Cyprus?

peteeeed wrote: »
    Isn't his main company registered In Cyprus?

Fordstam is registered in the UK and they are Chelsea's holding company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Pogba to Barça ????

Nah not interested, what an imbalance in football ... yeah great so they can just win everything for the next 10 years.

Joke of a sport .... Tennis is where real skill is at .

I´m out .

Best of luck with the future lads, f*ck football , I´m done with it.

If you miss my DRIVEL just pop over to racquet sports every so often.

sport-graphics-2004_730882a.jpg

This was posted from somebody that supposedly went to Stamford Bridge and to the design brief.
    Provision will be made for safe standing should the law change
    tunnel will be on west side instead of current East
    not expandable beyond 60k
    new entrance over railway lines behind East stand and an iconic square
    Inside it will be similar to east stand all the way round in terms of tier sizes and gradients
    no kop style due to space constraints

If we do get safe standing and we can incorportae it, it would be great.

Rumblings that Gladbach are interested in taking Christensen on loan to play centre back. Just the sort of move he needs if he still wants to stay with us, right standard and the right position so fingers crossed!

Rumblings that Gladbach are interested in taking Christensen on loan to play centre back. Just the sort of move he needs if he still wants to stay with us, right standard and the right position so fingers crossed!

Ya, I heard that, supposedly he wont be loaned out until he signs an extension. He does need a loan for 1st team football though and the higher the level, the better.

Ya, I heard that, supposedly he wont be loaned out until he signs an extension. He does need a loan for 1st team football though and the higher the level, the better.

This is the key imo. He needs 25+ starts wherever he goes otherwise it's a wasted exercise. If he and Kalas were to both get the same loan and then come back and compete the following season that would be unreal.

Had such high hopes for Kalas after the Anfield debut.

• Advertisement

This is the key imo. He needs 25+ starts wherever he goes otherwise it's a wasted exercise. If he and Kalas were to both get the same loan and then come back and compete the following season that would be unreal.

Had such high hopes for Kalas after the Anfield debut.

I think Zouma coming in probably ended Kalas immediate chances of 1st team football with Chelsea and in Zouma, we've a real gem.

I would love to see Kalas involved though, he can play RB and hes very much in the Ivanovic mould of RB's, big and brawny, might not be excellent going forward, I'd rate him as a decent footballer from CB, so at a RB I reckon with the right coaching he'd be like Ivanovic mark II.

I think Zouma coming in probably ended Kalas immediate chances of 1st team football with Chelsea and in Zouma, we've a real gem.

I would love to see Kalas involved though, he can play RB and hes very much in the Ivanovic mould of RB's, big and brawny, might not be excellent going forward, I'd rate him as a decent footballer from CB, so at a RB I reckon with the right coaching he'd be like Ivanovic mark II.

He'll need to bulk up a good bit but I get what you're saying.

On the size thing actually it really gives Zouma a huge advantage in terms of making the jump up to first team level. Christensen/Kalas look like kids so have to take far more time to be given a proper chance and will have to develop they're tactical sense before they come good in anyway (not dissimilar to Terry/Cahill physically).

Zouma on the other hand is that physically dominant he can be brought in straight away and be effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

When is this stadium expansion going on ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    When is this stadium expansion going on ?

Theres no date set but if we get planning permission, must people seem to reckon at the end of the the 2016/17 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ok, Oscar and Cudrado for Pogba, and then we buy Turan

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ok, Oscar and Cudrado for Pogba, and then we buy Turan

Tis the season to keep dreaming :)

Ukranian winger Konoplyanka (sp) is meant to be on Atleticos radar so that could see Hriezmann or more likely Turan, leaving the club.

It's Turan for sure. His agent has said as much. Rob Beasly said Turan definitely won't be joining us though.

It's Turan for sure. His agent has said as much. Rob Beasly said Turan definitely won't be joining us though.

Turan is a bit of a strange one, hes 29 in January and we've already got Cuadrado and Salah, yes, hes an upgrade on both but in about 3 or so years we'll have to replace him.

For an immediate impact, I reckon he'd be a good signing, if we want to be short sighted.

• Advertisement

Falcao :
    The player’s father, Radamel García, who was himself a professional footballer, confirmed a deal had been completed in an interview with Caracol TV on Tuesday. He suggested Falcao would report to Chelsea’s pre-season base in Montreal, Canada on 19 or 20 July having been granted extra time off after the Copa América.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement