Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Missed Jose, how did he get on?
    Another fun/ban on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Missed Jose, how did he get on?
    Another fun/ban on the way?

I only saw the clips on the Sky website but he seemed pretty composed to me. Didn't claim bias, just called into question the quality of the refereeing this season and how it has worked against Chelsea 95% of the time.

He apparently criticized Sky too, but not a chance they'd upload that.

West Ham beating Spurs 1-0. West Ham are having much better of it. They don't seem to like playing a 433. Fiorentina used similar tactics last week. Keeping their full backs pinned back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If spurs lose today and during the week it will make nect sunday even more pivotal for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I'd be very surprised if a red was overturned tbh, a push is a push at the end of the day. Barnes should obviously get retrospective action too but it doesn't really have any impact on us so won't be too worried when he doesn't get anything.

Players push other players all the time, get away with yellows and sometimes without even a caution. Why does a bit of a run toward him make it any different, I think there's logic for it to get overturned but I doubt the club will appeal.

• Advertisement

They should appeal as there enough evidence of other pushes going unpunished that the FA might consider it. They wont tack on an extra game as the appeal holds some merit.

Looking forward to more refereeing madness next week before Tottenham beat Chelsea due to "England's new saviour" Harry Kane playing the game of his life when he scores a dodgy last minute goal after being anonymous for the majority of the game.

Gotta give the people a few laughs at least.*

For those lurking in the shadows but dare not post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Players push other players all the time, get away with yellows and sometimes without even a caution. Why does a bit of a run toward him make it any different, I think there's logic for it to get overturned but I doubt the club will appeal.

Yeah maybe, I wouldn't bother with it anyway to be honest, I can't remember us having one overruled before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The tackle from Barnes was sickening, can't blame Matic for the way he reacted. The game should have been dead and buried by then though.

• Advertisement

Thought Mourinho was excellent this morning, didn't dodge any questions, nothing insulting/inflamoatory about anyone, just honest. Was interesting to hear him talk about his past with LVG and Fergie, clearly a lot of admiration for both.

Anyone watching the Spurs game? Very similar situation with the Matic push. Noble had a rotten challenge on Bentaleb. Vertonghen runs over and pushes him to the ground. Only a yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Thought Mourinho was excellent this morning, didn't dodge any questions, nothing insulting/inflamoatory about anyone, just honest. Was interesting to hear him talk about his past with LVG and Fergie, clearly a lot of admiration for both.

I thought that while he was very respectful in his comment, he took a bit of a swipe at LVG and 'finally moving up to the top league' and 'needing to adapt'.

Also nicely put as usual that no manager got as much time as Wenger at any top club ever to finally win something.

kalych wrote: »
    I thought that while he was very respectful in his comment, he took a bit of a swipe at LVG and 'finally moving up to the top league' and 'needing to adapt'.

Also nicely put as usual that no manager got as much time as Wenger at any top club ever to finally win something.

Yeah I suppose it could be a swipe for the first bit, I took the time to adapt bit more as support tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Am I the only one thats worried about the team not performing ?? We have unbelievable players but there has been some disgusting performances this year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nearly every team gets ****ed over every few games. Why would any ref have anything against Chelsea. The only man that intimidated refs was Ferguson and Jose is years away from that. I hope it backfires on Jose and they get even less of the desicions.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Nearly every team gets ****ed over every few games. Why would any ref have anything against Chelsea. The only man that intimidated refs was Ferguson and Jose is years away from that. I hope it backfires on Jose and they get even less of the desicions.

Which would imply that ref has something against Chelsea.
    *slow clap*

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Which would imply that ref has something against Chelsea.
    *slow clap*

They are only human, maybe if they are been told constantly how crap they are while doing the best they can they will crack and go **** them I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the other team. I actually feel sorry for refs even though i have given them as much abuse as anyone in the past. The game is going 100mph with players trying to cheat at every moment and getting abuse roared in their faces if they make one simple mistake and all for just above the average industrial wage and this is at the top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They are only human, maybe if they are been told constantly how crap they are while doing the best they can they will crack and go **** them I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the other team. I actually feel sorry for refs even though i have given them as much abuse as anyone in the past. The game is going 100mph with players trying to cheat at every moment and getting abuse roared in their faces if they make one simple mistake and all for just above the average industrial wage and this is at the top level.

They get plenty more than the industrial wage
    http://www.tsmplug.com/football/average-salary-premier-league-referees/
    and as for getting roared abuse at, try working in a kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Too soon, Lloyd.

Theres plenty of scope and previous incidents that if the club appeal Matics card they should get it overturned.

Although that would also need the ref to be proved wrong and because ots one of the senior refs thats not gonna happen.

We should have had games like yesterday wrapped up well in advance of the red but we didnt and we lost 2 points because of it and the not giving of two penalties either but thats happening more oftwn than not.

Only thing is Matic isnt in hosiptal and out for 9months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If Matic does get a ban does that mean Can should also get a retrospective ban?

Have to say was disappointed with TSHO after the match yesterday, can see now he more than made up for it this morning. It has to be said TSHO works in mysterious ways his wonderful work to do.

If Matic does get a ban does that mean Can should also get a retrospective ban?

Have to say was disappointed with TSHO after the match yesterday, can see now he more than made up for it this morning. It has to be said TSHO works in mysterious ways his wonderful work to do.

Only if his name was Costa.

Id love to see Barnes get a 3 game ban and Matic get off but i dont think the club will contest it sadly

Liverpool beat City next week and we've a 5 point gap and game in hand.

Come on the red.

/feel dirty.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    Liverpool beat City next week and we've a 5 point gap and game in hand.

They won't, they'l be in Turkey Thursday night...

Next three games are huge, I feel like due to our 2015 performances so far that the title is slowly going to slip away...

It's happening slowly but surely, we need to step it up...

I'm almost certain the club is going to appeal it. Especially if it's a 3 match ban.

I don't think it'll be a 3 match ban though. The FA always wait a day or two and see what way the wind is blowing in the media and act accordingly.

There hasn't been any clamor to ban Matic for 3 games, so the club might feel well placed to appeal the card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He broke the rules. It wont get rescinded. Understandable a reaction as it may have been, It's still against the rules.

What probably will happen though is a retrospective ban for the tackle. It's been replayed and shown so many times on tv that the FA will feel they have to act.

• Advertisement

It's not violent conduct though. Vertonghen did this today, didn't get a card.

https://vine.co/v/OQnbYhVJEAJ

Yeah as Gary Neville tweeted earlier today "Isn't even a red, pushed him in the chest!!!" and "On MNF with Howard Webb he seemed to suggest that push to chest is yellow, will try to find clip"

If it's the rules that its a yellow then he has to get off

He should get off but he wont unfortunately.

Also, i hope Pool can get at least a draw against City. Although as long as we spurs Sunday ill be happy.

Worry about City later on.

Schurrle assist today again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Yeah as Gary Neville tweeted earlier today "Isn't even a red, pushed him in the chest!!!" and "On MNF with Howard Webb he seemed to suggest that push to chest is yellow, will try to find clip"

If it's the rules that its a yellow then he has to get off
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    He should get off but he wont unfortunately.

Also, i hope Pool can get at least a draw against City. Although as long as we spurs Sunday ill be happy.

Worry about City later on.

Ya didnt linkear and neville say there wasnt enough evidence for costas stamp but they still did him.

Red cards are only rescinded if the ref has made an absolute howler i.e with the arsenal player mix up

Standard of reffing has seemed particulary poor this season across the board but thats a different discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Schurrle assist today again.

Salah just scored a lovely goal for Fiorentina, doing very well for them.

• Advertisement

They won't, they'l be in Turkey Thursday night...

City won't win at anfield. Too much confidence in this liverpool side.

I dunno they got out played by Southampton today.

City are far more clinical up front and I think they'll prob put Pool to the sword with a fully fit team.

niallo27 wrote:

I'd fully expect them to win

Lukker- wrote: »
    I dunno they got out played by Southampton today.

City are far more clinical up front and I think they'll prob put Pool to the sword with a fully fit team.

Southampton created very little though. It was a horrible day as well which didn't help. Liverpool will be up for it as well after last year.

I'd fully expect them to win

That's normal though for a fan. Always expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

niallo27 wrote:
    That's normal though for a fan. Always expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

I'll be disappointed as hell if City win at Anfield as the way we are performing we may yet need them to drop a few points as we won't be able to keep grinding results out from poor performances (ie both semi-final legs vs Liverpool, 1-0 vs Everton, 1-1 vs City & 1-1 vs PSG)... That 1-1 draw with Burnley is just the start of a bad run if we don't up our levels again, especially since Matic is suspended and him, Ivanovic, some heroic goalkeeping and Hazard seem to be the things pulling us through in these tight games.

If we lose to Spurs or don't get the 6 points against West Ham and Southampton then I am genuinely going to be concerned as the duration of our poor form will be coming close to 3 months, and I would then be questioning whether we can regain our early season form at all!

Im confident Pool will take at least a point against City anyway.

If it happens and we win the cup happy days.

If we lose and city win, big game changer, even if weve a game in hand and a 2 point gap.

Rob Beasley said we'll appeal, id like to see it.

Just for the FAs call on it. Cup final next week and 2 huge games after it.

Others have got booked for similar but i remain skeptical that a) we'll appeal and if we do b) itll be overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Rob Beasley said we'll appeal, id like to see it.

Just for the FAs call on it. Cup final next week and 2 huge games after it.

Others have got booked for similar but i remain skeptical that a) we'll appeal and if we do b) itll be overturned.

In general, do they ever overturn Reds when consensus is it should be yellow? or is it usually when it wasnt even a foul?

ronjo wrote: »
    In general, do they ever overturn Reds when consensus is it should be yellow? or is it usually when it wasnt even a foul?

No idea TBH but theres enough evidence of guys getting away with pushing altogether or at worst, a booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

No idea TBH but theres enough evidence of guys getting away with pushing altogether or at worst, a booking.

Sure but I doubt if thats the way its looked at. I guess they take each at face value and as if its worthy of a red. I havent seen it at all so I cant comment.

Anybody watch the Spurs v West Ham game?

To say Harry Kane "won" a penalty is an understatement, when you consider the amount of blatant penalties we've not been given this year and you've Kane going down in instalments before Song even made contact is a joke.

I actually cant wait for the Cup final now.

ronjo wrote: »
    Sure but I doubt if thats the way its looked at. I guess they take each at face value and as if its worthy of a red. I havent seen it at all so I cant comment.

Atkinson got it so wrong it wasnt even funny, MAtic gets tackled a few inches below his knee, no foul and a pay on, some how, gets up, runs about 3 yards and shoves Barnes over from behind and gets sent off.

I can only assume Atkinson though he pushed him in the head or belted him around the ears to send him off.

I dont expect it to be rescinded, no way it will but had Atkinson done his job Barnes would have been sent off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement