Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Update from a guy that went to the meetings at the Bridge., I've highlighted what I think are the key points.
    I went to the Bridge last night for the meeting with the consultants about the redevelopment about ground. It was not only Chelsea fans at the meeting but also local residents with no affiliation with the club. From what I could gather a large number people had attended during the day.

It is expected that the redevelopment will take three years. Prior to the work starting there will be a couple of years of planning, approvals etc so if work started now the earliest the new Bridge will be completed will be 2020. Having been involved in a number of office moves and refurbishments over the years I know how long the planning can take.

A lot of planning has already taken place and from what we told by one of the consultants that from discussions which have been held with the council and most local residents and businesses are content with the plans. On Monday evening the consultants had a meeting with representatives from the council. Obviously not everyone will be content but it is going to be difficult to please everyone. Last night I heard a resident who lives on the Fulham Road and not from the East Stand complain about the noise from the East Stand and in particular the air-conditioning units. It was pointed out to her that the walls of the new stands will thicker to cushion the noise. On a match day there will always be noise. Given that we’re only play games for less than 10% of the year noise and disruption will be minimal. As for noise and disruption during the re-building there are rules in place about when works can take place.

Roman has had several meetings with the consultants and architects and they have highlighted to him the risks etc of the project and he has told them to press on. I think that is a good sign and shows his commitment to the club not only in time but in money.

From speaking to one of the consultants it became clear that they did not want to make plans public until they had enough information to give out and have plans in place. To me that indicates they are a long way down the planning route.

The Memorial Wall will remain which is excellent news. The remains of the Shed Wall will also remain as it will not get in the way of the re-development. We were told that it will also act as a barrier for those houses between the ground and the Fulham Road.

We were told by one consultant that there will be no area for standing in the new ground. That does not come as a complete surprise; however, speaking to another consultant later it is possible that the lower tier of the new Shed End could be built to allow it to be converted into standing. Something to look out for.

There will be three tiers in each stand and away fans will be located in the corner of the Shed End near the East Stand i.e. where they are at the moment.

The height of the new stadium will be the same as the current one; that is to ensure that views from surrounding buildings are not blocked. Apparently a resident has said that their view of Richmond Park will be spoilt if the height of the stadium is increased. Not sure how that will be the case given that Stamford Bridge is the tallest building in the area. Also building higher will block out more sunlight; one of the concerns of the residents of the Oswald Stoll Home when the new West Stand was built in the nineties. I think it is only right and proper that we cater for our service veterans.

As the new Bridge cannot be any higher, the builders will dig down to allow for the third tier. The builders will dig down four metres.

Someone on here asked (sorry I can’t remember who) about what was being built at the East Stand and over the railway line. It will be a walkway. There will also be a walkway from the Underground Station to the Matthew Harding Upper. The walkways are to make access and egress easier.

The new Stadium will be solely used for Chelsea matches i.e. there will be no other sports played there (remember the ground was used for American Football matches in the nineties) and nor will it be used for concerts: Under the Bridge will go.

As for where we play when we move out of Stamford Bridge, Wembley is looking the favourite. When asked that Spurs could have first refusal on Wembley the consultant replied “money talks.”

As for prices of tickets when we move back no decision has been made yet. With the increased capacity there will be more seats available for members. At the moment there are only 8,000 seats available to members. Tickets may following the move back to the Bridge be given to residents. There will also be more areas for wheel-chair users and access and egress will be easier.

There was a notice at the presentation which stated the average age of Chelsea fans is 50, the oldest of top flight clubs. Hopefully, with the increased capacity there will be an opportunity to reduce prices for youngsters and families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Update from a guy that went to the meetings at the Bridge., I've highlighted what I think are the key points.

would love the away fans to be in the top corner of the 3rd tier

peteeeed wrote: »
    would love the away fans to be in the top corner of the 3rd tier

Ya, as far away as possible, I'd prefer them in the top corner of one of the east or west stands and leave both goal stands to Chelsea fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Sounds good. Jesus, 3 seasons of playing at Wembley though. That'll be strange.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Sounds good. Jesus, 3 seasons of playing at Wembley though. That'll be strange.

Era its a 2nd home at this stage for us. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Most bookies have suspended betting on Pogba to Barca.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Most bookies have suspended betting on Pogba to Barca.

Must be thepictures of barca's top brass in Turin

Pogbas s**t anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Pogbas s**t anyway :pac:

Yea never rated him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Yea never rated him :rolleyes:

He must be ****e though, sure didnt Utd leave him go for the square of f**k all?

Few papers saying Cuadrado is staying and that he has been promised a significant role.

Few papers saying Cuadrado is staying and that he has been promised a significant role.

Probably to babysit Falcao on the bench :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

No sterling so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Can't see how a paper would know that (usual rag stories :) ). A the only way he gets a significant role is if Oscar goes or gets worse. In fact the latter is probably more likely, with Willian's improvement he may be preferred for the central role soon and it may then give Cuadrado a chance to step up.

If Turan/Griezmann/Pogba/N.E.Other come in Cuadrado will be a fixture on the bench again for the year, even if Oscar goes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Cuadrado "eh boss, water boy is like Didier Deschamps and Claude Makele role no"

Jose - "no, that's the water carrier"

Good move, hopefully he can stay injury free. Advocaat did a good job last year and I think he'll suit their style of play.

If MVG does get a loan it would suit him and us, Rodwell has been a disaster at Sunderland so far.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

According to Juve, they've rejected Barcelona's €80m offer for Pogba. #PogbaWatch

• Advertisement

My guess is a deal is already agreed. Juve will get to keep him for a further year and then he'll join Barca next season.

When are our preseason games starting ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    When are our preseason games starting ?

First week of August for the first one I think.

hots wrote: »
    First week of August for the first one I think.

Jul 13: Kingstonian v Chelsea XI
    Jul 22: New York Red Bulls
    Jul 25: Paris Saint-Germain
    Jul 28: Barcelona
    Aug 2: Arsenal
    Aug 5: Fiorentina

Jul 13: Kingstonian v Chelsea XI
    Jul 22: New York Red Bulls
    Jul 25: Paris Saint-Germain
    Jul 28: Barcelona
    Aug 2: Arsenal
    Aug 5: Fiorentina

1st week of August is the NFL pre-season friendlies :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Our first Televisual Games are announced............:D

Sat 8/8: Chelsea v Swansea City (5.30pm)

Sun 16/8: Manchester City v Chelsea (4pm)

Sun 23/8: West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea (1.30pm)

Sat 5/9 Everton v Chelsea (12.45pm) BT SPORTS

Sat 12/9 Chelsea v Arsenal (12.45pm) BT SPORTS

Sat 26/9: Newcastle United v Chelsea (5.30pm)

RichT wrote: »

nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ugh I need to know about the next w/e!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Hmmmm.. Newcastle away sixth. At least there'll be no talk of an unbeaten season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.. Newcastle away sixth. At least there'll be no talk of an unbeaten season :rolleyes:

That will actually be our 7th game, we are home to Palace on Sat 29th Aug at 3pm

Falcao to get 368578 goals next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Falcao to get 368578 goals hardly get a game next year.

;)

• Advertisement

So....now that everything's calmed down, and past instances can be looked at a bit more objectively, do ye think that the balance of 50/50 decisions that went against / in favour of Chelsea balanced themselves out in the end?

So....now that everything's calmed down, and past instances can be looked at a bit more objectively, do ye think that the balance of 50/50 decisions that went against / in favour of Chelsea balanced themselves out in the end?

Not a 100%, especially the penalty claims and the fact we got a lot less than the average suggests.

I think we got 4 last year, our average is about 8 a year.

In the end it didnt matter though so thats a good thing.

;)

Neither did Remy and he still got 7 league goals for us, I'd take 7-10 from falcao if he only plays about 25 league games, mostly from the bench.

Great article on the guardian, I really, really want the new stadium to get the go ahead.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/architecture-design-blog/2015/jul/03/chelseas-new-stadium-inspired-medieval-village-beyond-ugliness-roman-abramovich
    If football is England’s national religion, the sport may soon have its very own majestic cathedral

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Advertisement

I wonder did they consult with Mourinho beforehand.

"I want the new stadium to be a fortress"

Who'd have guessed they would have designed an actual fortress.

JT26 wrote: »
    thoughts on Falcao lads?
    im fearing another Torres with this one....

Same tbh. But I'm happy enough to risk it. He's on 130k a week so if he re-discovers his form, amazing. If not, we have a capable deputy in Remy.

Well i reckon in falcao were stronger than we were last year upfront. A fully fit Remy and Costa with Falcao as an option should see us score plenty of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

JT26 wrote: »
    thoughts on Falcao lads?
    im fearing another Torres with this one....

It'll be nothing like Torres, this time we don't have any expectations!

kev1.3s wrote: »
    It'll be nothing like Torres, this time we don't have any expectations!

Or £50mil on the line thank god!

Anyone else disappointed that they're only going for a 60,000 capacity?

If possible they should go for 70-75,000 to accommodate for the increased demand in years to come. Either 60,000 is the most that can ever be hoped for, even in 30-40years time, or else there'll be looking for ways to expand within 10years of it being built..

If possible they should go for 70-75,000 to accommodate for the increased demand in years to come. Either 60,000 is the most that can ever be hoped for, even in 30-40years time, or else there'll be looking for ways to expand within 10years of it being built..

think thats the absolute max on the current site, unless we want to start buying out residences and upsetting locals and there's no way we'd manage to get permission if we went down that route.

60k is a he'll of a lot better than 42k anyway. So I'm not complaining :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement