Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Think Romeus contract was to basically ensure that if we did get rid of him we'd get some sort of fee out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Alderweirld had a medical at Spurs according to SSN. Get on it Roman!

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Alderweirld had a medical at Spurs according to SSN. Get on it Roman!

Would be great craic to hijack another Spurs deal :pac:

I'd say we did speak with Alderweirld, problem is we cant guarntee him 1st team football so Spurs would be a decent level for him.

Just outside the top tier but still at a decent level, he wouldnt be a starter for us but I'd be happy to have him as a backup to anyone in the back 4 currently.

Lewis Baker is at Vitesse, hes reportedly going to be joined by Izzy Brown and the young Brazilian , Nathan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lewis Baker is at Vitesse, hes reportedly going to be joined by Izzy Brown and the young Brazilian , Nathan.

Interesting, for Baker he desperately needs game time anyway, he's too old to have another season with sub-20 games. Nathan is completely unknown so no harm sending him to familiar waters to gauge his level. For Izzy I'm not sure it's the right move, would have preferred a championship loan I think but it may be they feel he's not suited to the more physical/direct style of most teams there...

hots wrote: »
    Interesting, for Baker he desperately needs game time anyway, he's too old to have another season with sub-20 games. Nathan is completely unknown so no harm sending him to familiar waters to gauge his level. For Izzy I'm not sure it's the right move, would have preferred a championship loan I think but it may be they feel he's not suited to the more physical/direct style of most teams there...

I think Vitesse have European football this year too, would be good exposure to a difficult level for the players.

I'd agree on Brown, I'd prefer if he was kept in England but the market for him is League 1 or Championship, cant see many EPL sides taking a gamble on a young guy like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I think Vitesse have European football this year too, would be good exposure to a difficult level for the players.

I'd agree on Brown, I'd prefer if he was kept in England but the market for him is League 1 or Championship, cant see many EPL sides taking a gamble on a young guy like him.

if any of them have a season like bertrand traore had last season then it will be well worth it

peteeeed wrote: »
    if any of them have a season like bertrand traore had last season then it will be well worth it

Hes very likely to be kept on for the coming season too. Wouldsnt take up a non-HG slot as hes U21 so could be a good option in less important games.

Think he's a great player but can't see it. Huge price and not sure he's in the Mou mold really. If Arsenal really are interested in him they would probably have the best creative corp in the world imo.

• Advertisement

50m for Gotze, sounds like a good piece of business....but its the Metro, so its about as reliable as getting the info from your neighbours dog in reality.

I dont think we'll sign ayone this window that will go into the starting XI. If wedo it will be pushing £35M + and I dont see much value in that market to involve us in a bidding war for a player. WE've a core of 14/15 players that will play 30 + games this year and rightfully or wrongly, it could be good for us come next May.

I think we can do with some strength throughout the squad but the only positions I can see us possibily bringing in a genuine starter is CDM, #10 or RW.

Pretty much the other 8 positions are locked down IMO, hell even on the RW, weve many options and Willian, pretty ineffective in an attacking sense has that area to himself, to replace him, a player that cost 30m would probably see us spend mental money and they we're stuck with Willian 30m & Cuadrado 25m stuck on the bench.

I think Jose had identified and dealt with the weakness in the squad last summer and the core of this squad, barring the odd sale, will be used for the next 3-5 years by Jose.

The more I think of it, the less likely we'll go to the market for a Gotze, Sterling or Griezmann, even though theyed all be an attacking upgrade on Willian, none of them would put in the graft Jose wants, it took Hazard 12months and a bo**ocking to buy into Joses system.

We'd all love free flowing football and up until about the Swansea game we were easily the best footballing side in the country, we knew from then on in we had to be more pragmatic as we had cup competitions as well as the league to contest and the squad was pretty thin but Jose didnt trust some of the fringe players enough to switch it up and we laboured through games at times but f**k it, it got the job done. Do I blame Jose for not using the squad, not particularly, some of them got opportunities and they were frankly useless when given their chances.

I dont think however Falcao will be the only signing, I reckon we'll bring in more squad options and maybe forced too if Luis goes back to Spain, we also need a 2nd choice GK and I reckon in Begovic, its a case of when anot if, before hes announced, the fact hes HG and doesnt take up a highly valuable non-HG slot is perfect too.

Should be an interesting few weeks but TBH, I'm more excited about the stadium project than transfer activity right now, its a sign of the times I suppose, last year we had Cesc and Costa on the brain, we had Courtois coming back, this year is a bit more relaxed but make no qualms about it, we're still the team to catch, even if we dont add a guy worth 50m to our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

apparently we've agreed a fee for Charles Aranguiz

There are reports coming out of France that Chelsea are closing in on Chile international Charles Aranguiz. The player was one of the stand out players in his countrys Copa America triumph, and the midfielder is getting plenty of attention from a number of clubs as a result including the Premier League champions.

Football Club de Marseilles have revealed Chelsea have an agreement with Brazilian side International Porto Alegre to sign Aranguiz despite the attentions of French side Marseilles. The current coach of the Ligue 1 side Marcelo Bielsa knows the player very well after his stint as the national coach of Chile as it was the Argentine who gave him his international debut in 2009. Premier League rivals Manchester City are also monitoring the situation but as it stands Chelsea are in pole to sign the 26 year old.

We covered reports earlier in the year that Chelsea were showing an interest in Aranguiz along with London rivals Arsenal. At the time Chelsea seemed the side more likely to sign the Chilean but they needed to negotiate not only with his club but also a Brazilian supermarket who own 70% of the player. Chelsea will now want to act quickly to complete the deal for the South American after his impressive performances during the Copa America. Aranguiz netted two goals in the 5-0 demolition of Bolivia, and he scored one of Chiles penalties during their shootout against Argentina in the final.

click here

Agreement between Chelsea and Internacional for Charles Aranguiz . € 15M are discussed

OMFanClubOfficiel @OMFanClubOff 17h
    17 hours ago

Selon @FCMarseille , accord entre Chelsea et l'Internacional pour Charles Aranguiz. 15M€ sont évoqués

According to @FCMarseille, agreement between Chelsea and the Internacional for Charles Aranguiz. 15 M € are mentioned

Current Barca president.
    We will not buy Pogba this year. We are not planning with him for next season. He is not part of our sporting plans for 2015-16 at this stage

However, if Laporte wins the election and I'd be surprised if he didnt, he has said he'd go after Pogba. So heres hoping Laporte screws up somewhere.

#WheresPogba?

apparently we've agreed a fee for Charles Aranguiz

Hmm interesting, from the bits I saw of Chile he looked decent. Would add competition for pretty much all of our midfield spots (Matic excluded) from what I can see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

hots wrote: »
    Think he's a great player but can't see it. Huge price and not sure he's in the Mou mold really. If Arsenal really are interested in him they would probably have the best creative corp in the world imo.

50 million isnt a huge price any more.

In a world of massive tv money and guys like bale foing for 85 million and David Luiz going for 50........its a fair price for a talent like Gotze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Don't think he's right for the Premiership, or for Chelsea. He's really dropped off since the World Cup, so you'd have to question his mentality. And at €50 million, that makes him a massive risk.

Depends if its €50m or £50m.

If its £50m id prefer Sterling.

Isco being reported for 20m, was rejected by Real though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd love Isco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Current Barca president.

However, if Laporte wins the election and I'd be surprised if he didnt, he has said he'd go after Pogba. So heres hoping Laporte screws up somewhere.

#WheresPogba?

Football weekly reported that the huge turnaround in Juve's finances along with the CL money meant that they could keep Pogba for another year and try to do something really special.

Isco being reported for 20m, was rejected by Real though.

Jesus that would be unreal, the sources don't look the best but he would be an absolutely fantastic signing at that price imo.

>>>>>>>Matic<<<<<<<<
    >>>>Isco><><Fabregas<<<
    Willian><><><><><Hazard
    >>>>>>>Costa<<<<<<<<

Yes Please!

Kirby wrote: »
    50 million isnt a huge price any more.

In a world of massive tv money and guys like bale foing for 85 million and David Luiz going for 50........its a fair price for a talent like Gotze.

As I said in another thread the David Luiz deal is a complete outlier, can;t be used as a yardstick.

Bayern only paid £25m for him a couple of years ago so I don't see why we'd pay double for him now... It's not as if he's got a massive contract or really set the world alight in that time.

So today's rumours: Gotze (£50), Isco (£20 rejected) and Aranguiz (£10). Couldn't imagine more than one signing imo but for those price regions it would be Isco for me.

The most important thing is some exciting rumours to fantasize about!!!

Isco would be good but it would leave is very top heavy in CAM's. It would probably mean oscars departure.

One Real player though id take is Illiarmendi (sp) can play deeper than Isco and is more likely to be sold/loaned.

Good news....you can pre-order next seasons kit, without seeing them. :pac:

• Advertisement

Latest from the Express (garbage) is Remy off on loan as Falcao has come in. :confused: makes no sense really.

Home kit is being released on 16th July.

Home kit is being released on 16th July.

66 yo yo's too

66 yo yo's too

I'll get it elsewhere for cheaper :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Why are we so slow releasing the new kit? I seen the new utd kit in lifestyle already

• Advertisement

At least we've a release date :o

We're off on tour on the 15th too, so kit will be worn over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why are we so slow releasing the new kit? I seen the new utd kit in lifestyle already

Unlikely.

rottie 11 wrote: »

i think the delay was so the new sponsors logo will be on the kit

i think the delay was so the new sponsors logo will be on the kit

Its about the best explanation, UNLESS, we're waiting to signing players and show them off in our new gear.

Namely, Pogba #6 :pac:

Sterling not bothering to turn up to Pool training this morning, hes sick apparently.

Get out the cheque book Roman.

Beasley has said theres nothing to the Isco and Gotze rumours, fund while it lasted anyway. :o

Anyone looking for some waffle this morning?

Blog on Cescs role IF we sign a few players. :rolleyes:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2516402/cesc-fabregas-role-at-chelsea-could-change-after-transfers

• Advertisement

Twitter has mentioned that Sterling has again missed training today.

His attitude or that of his agent or a combination of both is horrible, if we do get involved in a transfer I hope he tells his agent to f**k off if and after he signed for us.

I'd still take him but that would depend on selling Cuadrado for about 20m, theres no hope we can keep willian, cuadrado, salah and sterling.

If we sold Cuadrado and Salah, we'd probably raise about 32-35m between those guys, not so bad if you then spend 50m on Sterling.

Stoke are in singapore at the moment. I seen a pic with about 15,20 players and couldnt spot Begovic. Will have to look again when i get to a pc.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Doesn't look like he is, though it's difficult to see who's in the team photo even on PC.

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/619117752817713152

Ya, its not a great picture. Hopefully we do get it sorted before we fly out in the coming days.

So news is Given is meant to join Stoke, Bunn has joined Villa and Begovic is going to end up at the Bridge.

Not getting excited about a number 2 GK but its a position we need filled and hes HG too so IMO, its a good piece of business, not too many HG GKs that are capable or available at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm surprised Begovic is joining us, IMO he's a first choice top 5 keeper, not a bench warmer

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm surprised Begovic is joining us, IMO he's a first choice top 5 keeper, not a bench warmer

Looking at last years top 5, I'd seriously doubt he'd start for any of them.

Chelsea - Courtois
    City - Hart
    Arsenal - Cech
    Utd - DeGea (for now)
    Spurs - Lloris
    Pool - Mignolet

Looking at that list, if Utd sell DeGea he could start for them but they still have Valdes, no slouch, I dont rate him highly but hes still a good GK. I wouldnt start him over Lloris but he'd be an upgrade over Mignolet IMO, not by much, so theres no point spending money on a slight upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

So, the Main Chelsea site headlines 'Falcao and Fran arrive'.........

Picture-43-620x3301.png

:eek:

Apparently Fran is Fran Kirby (Chelsea Ladies) Phew!!

• Advertisement

I liked the white and purple the gks wore when we won the UCL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement