Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Few reports that the begovic deal with involve MVG going to stoke on loan for a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Thought he was gone to Sunderland but this is certainly a better move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Stoke would be a level about Sunderland, Hughes has them dping well in mid table and with N'zoni going out this year, maybe MVG can get a good run of games to prove what hes about.

Begovic is meant to be announced today. On the plus side, we've under a month before the new season starts, and even less time before the Community Shield.

Hurry up August :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Yeah hurry up i have tickets to go see Costa bully Cech for 90mins

what a day wrote: »
    Yeah hurry up i have tickets to go see Costa bully Cech for 90mins

B**tard :pac: :o

I'm even less bothered about the community shield than I am with the league cup and fa cup.

Although beating a rival would be good.

Hopefully Christansen can get some game time, would be nice to have 2 CBs available for the next 7-10 years in himself and Zouma.

• Advertisement

Only matter of time so before begovic is in the door.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Only matter of time so before begovic is in the door.

Yep. Stoke have just signed given

peteeeed wrote: »
    Yep. Stoke have just signed given

17221d1386320440-new-thumbhole-ar15-stock-charles-montgomery-burns-excellent.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is Begovic not a bit too good to be sitting on the Chelsea bench in all fairness?
    I'm surprised to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Panthro wrote: »
    Is Begovic not a bit too good to be sitting on the Chelsea bench in all fairness?
    I'm surprised to be honest.

No such thing from a Chelsea perspective. Hes not good enough to play for any of the top 6 so it's either take a slight upgrade to someone like Everton, stay put or come and contribute (slightly) to winning trophies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He's definitely too good to be sitting on the bench but it's a great piece of business from us, like last year we have the best back up keeper in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

First game of the season against Swansea is going on sale on Monday @7
    Edit - to members

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-and-chelsea-amongst-top-sides-in-financial-credit-league-but-manchester-united-pay-price-for-missing-europe-10381959.html

Some Swiss creditors say ourselves and Arsenal are the most financially sound clubs in Engerland.

It goes to onto say out of the top 10 clubs in Europe, Chelsea would be the only good investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Johner wrote: »
    He's definitely too good to be sitting on the bench but it's a great piece of business from us, like last year we have the best back up keeper in the league.

I'd say Arsenal will push us close in that respect if they hold onto Ospina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

hots wrote: »
    I'd say Arsenal will push us close in that respect if they hold onto Ospina

Surely Opsina will be on his way.

United are making some nice signings.

Always liked Schweinsteiger, hoped we'd sign him a few years ago but he would've never left Bayern when he was the main man. Dunno if he's at the same level he was once at, injuries seem to have taken their toll. Could possibly be down to Pep's playstyle too, possibly not suited. Anyway, I think it's a gamble worth taking and he'll give United real leadership. Something they were lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-pedro-leaving-barcelona-chelsea-mourinho-fabregas-chats-111812566--sow.html

Yay, or nay? A few places have been reporting it, he does have a good work ethic which fits the Mourinho type.
    I'd be on neutral ground myself.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-pedro-leaving-barcelona-chelsea-mourinho-fabregas-chats-111812566--sow.html

Yay, or nay? A few places have been reporting it, he does have a good work ethic which fits the Mourinho type.

It is 16/1 with Paddys currently to happen, so either they are in the blue or its a non story, (could be good money to be made)
    However would Barcelona leave themselves short until january? they dont really have much cover for their front three.

Where would he play for us? Sub for Hazard and CF? or can he play on the right and challenge Willian? Perhaps he could be competition for Oscar via Hazard taking Oscar's spot and moving central.

this seems to have blown up out of nowwhere, all over twitter, from some spainish paper

CJsY3HTUsAAi1c5.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'd much rather spend the extra 20m and sign sterling due to him being homegrown and so young

It is 16/1 with Paddys currently to happen, so either they are in the blue or its a non story, (could be good money to be made)
    However would Barcelona leave themselves short until january? they dont really have much cover for their front three.

Where would he play for us? Sub for Hazard and CF? or can he play on the right and challenge Willian? Perhaps he could be competition for Oscar via Hazard taking Oscar's spot and moving central.

I just went to put 20 euro on it and see that I sat on it too long, he is now less than evens to join Paddy :(

That said, odds on these markets tend to be a joke, it doesnt add anymore validity to the claim imo

• Advertisement

£20m isnt too bad really. If we offloaded salah and cuadrado we'd have plenty of space for him.

I've always liked Pedro, I think he'd be a good addition.

49m for Sterling to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lukker- wrote: »
    Always liked Schweinsteiger, hoped we'd sign him a few years ago but he would've never left Bayern when he was the main man. Dunno if he's at the same level he was once at, injuries seem to have taken their toll. Could possibly be down to Pep's playstyle too, possibly not suited. Anyway, I think it's a gamble worth taking and he'll give United real leadership. Something they were lacking.

I'd agree on the leadership point. But physically he's past his best, and he won't compete to rule the midfield against the top teams. I'd expect they"ll also be managing injuries with him.

Still, by any stretch, not a bad player to have at the club.

Bastian will be a good player for utd. He'll probably play only about 30-35 games but his leadership will add to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

He wouldn't be a marquee signng. But were he a replacement for Oscar, he might shake things up a bit and throw some cash into the kitty for another signing.

Chelsea's window still underwhelming, but it's still very early days. And we're not risking gazillions on the likes of Sterling.

• Advertisement

Salah to Inter Milan is meant to be done by tomorrow according to DiMarzio.

€20m, we'll make some money off him but i hope Juve come in and take Cuadrado for close to what we paid. Weve loaned out Nathan, Kenedey, Brown so far but weve Traore to come back and maybe another winger to come in so that would balance the loss of Salah and Cuadrado.

some dude on one of the chelsea forums reckon the stadium will look like the below based on info described to people visiting the display at the Bridge.

tr7OxYr.jpg

BerxE0l.jpg

UCEnhhp.jpg

7mbfPQm.jpg

WjbV1oa.jpg

WoNpp4D.jpg

6j6n7Ud.jpg

If its anything like that it will be mental but also class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Getting a little concerned regarding this transfer window we have not got what we needed at all yet, other teams definitely getting stronger. We were way ahead of the curve last year what has gone wrong

Getting a little concerned regarding this transfer window we have not got what we needed at all yet, other teams definitely getting stronger. We were way ahead of the curve last year what has gone wrong

well if jose is to believed striker has been signed so that leaves midfielder and a defender

I'm not too worried.

Last year we finished 8pts clear of City, 12pts in front of Arsenal, 17pts in front of Utd.

Those gaps will close but I'm not overly worried about what other teams have signed just yet, theyve all done decent business but as defending champions we're still the ones to beat.

• Advertisement

The only real issue we can point too is Utd, Arsenal and City have signed players that will improve their starting XI's.

Looking at our squad, without spending crazy money the value for improving our starting XI is probably not there.

Our strongest XI is more than likely

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

And at a glance we can improve CB, and #10 and maybe RW but those positions in this market is going to be really difficult to find any decent value, Varane 30-35m, Griezmann 40m+, Sterling just went for 49m, Pogba 60-80m.

If we got Pedro, he could in theory be a starter on the RW as we push Willian into #10 and Oscar is dropped or sold. I think apart from Begovic, who'll probably be signed before we head to North America this week, we wont see much incoming business until later in the window and it probab;y is going to be dictated by those outgoing players.

Our squad next year will be made up of the following I'd guess :
    (HG in Bold, upto 8 can be included, U21 in Bold and Italics, an unlimited amount of U21s can be included)
    Courtois
    Begovic
    Blackman

Azp
    JT
    Cahill
    Ivanovic
    Zouma

Mikel
    Ramires
    Cesc
    Ruben Loftus Cheek
    Matic

Willian
    Cuadrado
    Hazard
    Oscar
    Traore

Falcao
    Costa
    Remy

Thats only a very provisional list but its the players I reckon will see the most game time, of course some of the younger guys will play too but the most of them are gone on loan for experience, Christensen, Nathan, Brown, Baker all gone out, Bamford will probably follow them out too for one last year it leaves guys like Boga, Swift, Colkett, DaSilva, Solanke and Abrham at the club incase theyre needed for teh 1st team and early round of cups.

I've left out Salah and Luis as I reckon they'll be sold and theres nothing concrete to suggest Pedro will join. With that in mind the squad is still very small, its 21 players deep on the above players, including 3 GKs.

So we need a few upgrades IMO and 2 or 3 players to supplement those above should see us doing well, I'd prefer a Pogba or a Griezamnn than a Pedro style signing though but I just dont think we'll blow the lot on a truly standout talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Might be wishful thinking, but I'm expecting a signing or two with the release of our new kit.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Might be wishful thinking, but I'm expecting a signing or two with the release of our new kit.

Released on the 16th, we'll be on pre-season but its likely at the very least that Begovic is a done deal.

After that, maybe we've got deals lined up but nothigns being reported other than Pedro, which hasnt been rubbished yet by Rob Beasley, while hes not the best to follow for news he does have an inside track with Jose and called everything so far this summer.

Begovic confirmed.

From Twitter,
    Stoke City FC
    @stokecity

BREAKING | Goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has today completed a move to Premier League Champions @ChelseaFC

CJyiOttWwAE5y-u.jpg

Great signing for us, for Begovic it's not a great deal really.

Like last year though it gives us the best back up in the league.

Begovic also counts as home grown.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement