Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Don't like that at all but we've been blessed with Samsung for the past 7 years with the sleek logo.

Still it's worth it for the money in the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The GK kit is hideous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm surprised actually at the GK one, we should have went full green on it IMO, that shade isnt great at all, although last years yellow was a bit ****e IMO.

Don't like that at all but we've been blessed with Samsung for the past 7 years with the sleek logo.

Still it's worth it for the money in the deal.

Ya, the 40m a year is pretty nice TBH.

I just wish we had good players from the 40m a yeat signed to pose in said shirt. :o

Unless Roman is saving under his large sofa for the stadium build which is down for about 500m but if its done for anything under 750m I'd be shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well.....bo**ocks to that. :o

Salah is surely out the door so. More of a market for him given his price we can still make a profit on his original transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cuadrado might have a bit more end product about him compared to Salah.
    Salah has the speed of a whippet but the brain of a headless chicken.

Panthro wrote: »
    Cuadrado might have a bit more end product about him compared to Salah.
    Salah has the speed of a whippet but the brain of a headless chicken.

I think both are pretty headless but Cuadrado was coming from a better league and off a good WC, there was more expected from him.

32m for Benteke....jaysus.

We got serious value last year with selling Lukaku for 28m and signing Costa for 32m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    32m for Benteke....jaysus.

We got serious value last year with selling Lukaku for 28m and signing Costa for 32m.

Yup Costa was a bargain in comparison... Could see benteke doing well but would be more suited to a man u lone striker than a Liverpool one imo. Could be interesting when sturridge is fit, two very different options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Well.....bo**ocks to that. :o

Salah is surely out the door so. More of a market for him given his price we can still make a profit on his original transfer.

Ill give him another season . Plenty of good Chelsea players has crap first seasons

hots wrote: »
    Yup Costa was a bargain in comparison... Could see benteke doing well but would be more suited to a man u lone striker than a Liverpool one imo. Could be interesting when sturridge is fit, two very different options.

As an option hes a good one, he did have a massive purple patch under Tim though that he didnt have under Lambert, in fact under Lambert he was terrible.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Ill give him another season . Plenty of good Chelsea players has crap first seasons

oh I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, moving countries in January is a big ask and to be succesful too is rare, bar Aguero but hes a freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just bought the keeper kit for the little lad, got a bit sick in my mouth but he seems to like it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

As an option hes a good one, he did have a massive purple patch under Tim though that he didnt have under Lambert, in fact under Lambert he was terrible.

He was last season but Lambert signed him and he scored 23 goals in his first season.

JPA wrote: »
    He was last season but Lambert signed him and he scored 23 goals in his first season.

I was alluding to last season. Villa were poison under lambert last year for large parts anyway and he was only back from injury too. I think hes a good cf but not sure if Id want him with us and for that price but it aint my money and.good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Few from training today.

Begovic

2A98317700000578-0-image-a-62_1437076694842.jpg

Cesc, Jose, RLC

2A98309D00000578-0-image-a-60_1437076678855.jpg

JT

2A9831BC00000578-0-image-a-21_1437076339497.jpg

Jose, Diego, Moses, Mikel, Ivanovic, Ramires

2A9832B500000578-0-image-a-22_1437076345511.jpg

Dave and Oscar

2A98320800000578-0-image-a-28_1437076375389.jpg

Remy facing JT

2A9830E900000578-0-image-a-68_1437076717811.jpg

Hazard vs Mikel

CKETUIHWUAQvlKl.jpg

Full squad list that travelled is
    Thibaut Courtois, Asmir Begovic, Jamal Blackman, Cesar Azpilicueta, Branislav Ivanovic, Ola Aina, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Kurt Zouma, Jake Clarke-Salter, Nemanja Matic, John Mikel Obi, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Bertrand Traore, Victor Moses, Loic Remy, Diego Costa and Dominic Solanke

Oh and Kenedy is out there too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Moses will be in the squad next year so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm no photographer, but I wonder if the snapper behind the new kit shoot is responsible for the resounding 'mehness' reaction to the new shirt.

Here's a behind the scene video of the new kit shoot. The shirt seems much nicer 'live' so to speak.

Who made Jose wear his pyjamas to training? Not a fan at all :/

Also is it just me or do all the kits in the promo shots look really baggy? These guys are all ripped, surely something a bit more fitted no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Everton reject 20 million bid for john stones from chelsea according to sky sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

That's more like it. Get him and a midfielder of some sort and then the transfer business can settle down.

The problem with me about Stones is hes in a vastly stupid bracket where prices can get crazy. Hes Young, English and Talented.

3 buzz words when trying to accurately value someones worth. I'd reckon 20m is the upper of what he'd go for, seemingly not though, if we paid over 25m for him I'd be annoyed.

Zoum awho is every bit as good IMO cost about £12m, himself and Stones are give or take a few months, the same age. Having both would be brillian but having two very talented CBs on the books at 21, meanings anyone coming through the youth setup has f**k all chance of getting a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

We should go all out for stones imo. Wed be sorted for CB for a decade with himself and zouma. Terry will be retiring soon and cahil is pushing on aswel. Would be nice to get it sorted out

We've Christansen and Ake both looking to play too, I'd like stones but that price is too much IMO.

Christansen is the one I'm expecting big things from anyway.

We've Christansen and Ake both looking to play too, I'd like stones but that price is too much IMO.

Christansen is the one I'm expecting big things from anyway.

kalas too

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/kalas-in-boro-loan.html

• Advertisement

Luis back to Atletico is gathering pace on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Any sources? I'm not in the know at all when it comes to twitter related news

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Any sources? I'm not in the know at all when it comes to twitter related news

Just came to post that, the original quote was apparently run by a Spanish paper.

Would be fine with that if we recoup some of the fee, we overpaid completely there. Could easily see yougsters doing a job there if necessary, especially as all of our young cbs seem to get pushed to fullback anyway.

2 & 2 making 4, we've been linked again with the young fullback in Germany, Baba Rahman.

Would probably cost what we'd get for Luis.

• Advertisement

2 & 2 making 4, we've been linked again with the young fullback in Germany, Baba Rahman.

Would probably cost what we'd get for Luis.

Would imagine a few €€€s more but well worth it I think, would much rather we have a kid for the future sit for a year behind Ivan and Azp ready for Azp to shift over or for us to be stocked for the next 6/7 years at lb...

If we were to sign this chap and Stones that would be a really exciting backline for the foreseeable future and a massive turnaround from our current well-worn backline :)

hots wrote: »
    Would imagine a few €€€s more but well worth it I think, would much rather we have a kid for the future sit for a year behind Ivan and Azp ready for Azp to shift over or for us to be stocked for the next 6/7 years at lb...

If we were to sign this chap and Stones that would be a really exciting backline for the foreseeable future and a massive turnaround from our current well-worn backline :)

Ive hope that Jay Dasilva will make it with us too, hes pretty exciting going forward but defensively hes still a bit green, hes only young so I'd imagine if he trained with the 1st team for a few months at least Jose could try and influence him a bit more and see if he has what it takes at the very elite level of the game.

I reckon if he doesnt make it with us Dasilva will be like Bertrand and still have a good career....oh and maybe even a UCL medal :pac:

Ive hope that Jay Dasilva will make it with us too, hes pretty exciting going forward but defensively hes still a bit green, hes only young so I'd imagine if he trained with the 1st team for a few months at least Jose could try and influence him a bit more and see if he has what it takes at the very elite level of the game.

I reckon if he doesnt make it with us Dasilva will be like Bertrand and still have a good career....oh and maybe even a UCL medal :pac:

I'd definitely take a UCL medal and a career elsewhere! As with Bertrand, only fond memories and well-wishes away from the Bridge :)

Was Aina the other young LB that was looking good in the youth cups this year?

Stones would be a good signing. For no more than £25m though. He has amazing potential and I could really see him maturing under Jose. I'd leave him on loan for a season though.

Very much an eye to the future though. JT has 1 or 2 seasons left max.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Stones would be a good signing. For no more than £25m though. He has amazing potential and I could really see him maturing under Jose. I'd leave him on loan for a season though.

Very much an eye to the future though. JT has 1 or 2 seasons left max.

I'd say £25 is a nice price alright, much more than that and you're into seriously big price tags... Thought the same about leaving him on loan but imo he'd be as well off learning from Terry & Cahill and then playing Zouma & Stone in every domestic cup game together... start to build the partnership and keep them learning from the 2 current pros. < all fantasy of course, don't even know if there's been a bid made yet.

Playing Zouma and Stones in the domestic cups is a really good idea. I'd definitely like for him to have 1 season under Terry too. I'd just worry it may hinder Zouma's development when they both could be getting decent game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

on the stones thing, or sterling for that matter. I never heard so much rubbish from people about things like: we shouldnt pay that much or I would want him but not for that much. do people realise ya either want to see a player for a team or not?.. its not our money so why would we care? we have a rich owner so leave em pay what they want for stones. the same for sterling. Its waaaay to much but so what? when a club is in no danger financially it doesnt affect anyone else. If I want to see stones play for chelsea I couldnt care whether we get him free or 50 million. why would i? ffp dont matter so a fan of these rich teams just souunds pretty silly pretending to care about how much we pay.

fozz10 wrote: »
    on the stones thing, or sterling for that matter. I never heard so much rubbish from people about things like: we shouldnt pay that much or I would want him but not for that much. do people realise ya either want to see a player for a team or not?.. its not our money so why would we care? we have a rich owner so leave em pay what they want for stones. the same for sterling. Its waaaay to much but so what? when a club is in no danger financially it doesnt affect anyone else. If I want to see stones play for chelsea I couldnt care whether we get him free or 50 million. why would i? ffp dont matter so a fan of these rich teams just souunds pretty silly pretending to care about how much we pay.

Well in a really simple example if we pay 50million for a player only worth 5 million, that 9 players other 5 million players we're missing out on? I get that some people have no interest in it but some do, no different to some people who don't care what kit we're wearing next year or what stadium we'll be playing our games in imo.

It's shortsighted not to be concerned with how much we pay for a player. Teams will hold you over a barrel if they think you have deep pockets. It'll hurt the club in the long run, either by lack of money to spend on toher signings or being unwilling to shell out so much for a player.

Look at United last season. Woodward had little or no guile in market. Every club knew United had money so they continue to pay inflated fees for players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

JT26 wrote: »
    See ya lads

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

kev1.3s wrote: »
    ?

Politics café.