Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we get anything over what we paid for him off Spurs it will be the greatest deal since signing Willian from under their noses :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Seems like Jose is emulating SAF. Spend big on a english defender, dont buy a midfielder for years and play kids instead.......

I like it, worked for SAF Won lots :D

Seems like Jose is emulating SAF. Spend big on a english defender, dont buy a midfielder for years and play kids instead.......

I like it, worked for SAF Won lots :D

It worked well for a time :pac:

The only issue then is when a team goes and outspends ya and you go a few years without winning a league. :o

Subsequently, if Utd dont win a league title this year do they equal their own record of years without winning a Premier league title? Think its 3 years without a title win is their longest drought, which is an excellent record TBH and going on their squad this year, they may not even equal that record from back in I think when Arsenal 04 and Chelsea 05/06 won the 3 title, Utd won it in 07 then, think thats their longest without winning a Premier League title.

The way we're doing business recently is encourgaing, we're only bringing in players when we need them, we're not stuffing our 1st team with 25 senior players and leting them fight over places. Its a risk but its paying off.

We're loaning an awful lot of players out, mostly youths that well either make it with us or be flipped around for a small profit.

The senior squad however seems to be operating on a 1 out, 1 in policy. Cech out, Begovic, in. Drogba out, Falcao in. Its likely that one or two of the following 3 will be sold too, Cuadrado, Salah or Moses. It would open the door for another to come in.

We're not blowing our load on players because Jose feels the market isnt their for one that would ideally improve our starting XI, except for Pogba who hes mentioned but he knows that hes too expensive and everyone wants him, although he does acknowledge that is the way mnarket is going, prices are vastly inflated with all the money around the game at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »

The senior squad however seems to be operating on a 1 out, 1 in policy. Cech out, Begovic, in. Drogba out, Falcao in. Its likely that one or two of the following 3 will be sold too, Cuadrado, Salah or Moses. It would open the door for another to come in.

I'm assuming Salah & Moses are both gone (which is actually no change on last year as they weren't in the squad) and Traore will be the only 'in' on that front.

If you think of him as a signing it would be a nice depth/potential signing as a player who's 19, cost nothing (in fact according to transfermarkt we got money from Vitesse for him), with 38 starts in a decent league and in terms of production/minute seems to be comparable with the best thing out of the Eredvisie in Depay. Not bad for a freebie.

hots wrote: »
    I'm assuming Salah & Moses are both gone (which is actually no change on last year as they weren't in the squad) and Traore will be the only 'in' on that front.

If you think of him as a signing it would be a nice depth/potential signing as a player who's 19, cost nothing (in fact according to transfermarkt we got money from Vitesse for him), with 38 starts in a decent league and in terms of production/minute seems to be comparable with the best thing out of the Eredvisie in Depay. Not bad for a freebie.

Although he did have this absolute shocker :o (DM warning) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3097978/Chelsea-loanee-Bertrand-Traore-misses-sitter-FOUR-yards-Dutch-Vitesse-Arnhem-smiling.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I don't like the home kit at all , I don't think it's the sponsor either. There's not enough white on it or something. The away kit is very nice tho

WEll hes young, looks talented and we've got a WP for him. I would prefer if we brought in another winger as our RW does seem to be very hit or miss, Willian is a work horse and very important to the team but we need something out there just incase. Kenedy wont get a WP so he'll probably go on loan once the transfer is finally agreed.

Hes the new, new Torres :pac: which is worrying when we already have the new Torres in Falcao. :o
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    I don't like the home kit at all , I don't think it's the sponsor either. There's not enough white on it or something. The away kit is very nice tho

Ya I'm not gone on it because of the double lined sponsor because I'm used to the single line Samsung.

I agree on the away its a nice kit, wouldnt look out of place up the North of Irland or a certain area of Glasgow though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

What a guy

Are our friends games being shown anywhere on TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Are our friends games being shown anywhere on TV?

Chelsea TV have them anyway, I wouldn't think anywhere else does.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Chelsea TV have them anyway, I wouldn't think anywhere else does.

Bollix I cancelled chelsea tv a while back

Id say youll get a stream somewhere. Surely a North American channel will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Are we playing tonight?

Looks like the bid has been upped to £26m for Stones.

Also it looks like we're asking for €20m + 5m add ons for Salah and it looks like Roma are close to an agreement. It's gonna be a complicated deal though because as well as waiving the loan fee we have to compensate Fiorentina with another loan player. Or possibly take Destro as part of the Roma deal and then loan him to Fiorentina :?

Makes no sense. But if we get €25m for Salah that's a €11m profit on someone who played 19 times for us over 2 seasons.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Are we playing tonight?

Nope, kick off for our game is July 23rd, Thursday morning at 1.30am.

First game is against the NY RedBulls.
    PSG on the 25th.
    Barca on the 29th.
    Arsenal on the August 2nd.

Looks like the bid has been upped to £26m for Stones.

Also it looks like we're asking for €20m + 5m add ons for Salah and it looks like Roma are close to an agreement. It's gonna be a complicated deal though because as well as waiving the loan fee we have to compensate Fiorentina with another loan player. Or possibly take Destro as part of the Roma deal and then loan him to Fiorentina :?

Makes no sense. But if we get €25m for Salah that's a €11m profit on someone who played 19 times for us over 2 seasons.

I reckon the Salah deal is so high as we'll be paying off Fiorentina for a year, I think the fee was meant to be about €3m a year so take that off Salahs total and we'd be closer to his true value.

Still though, thats a good flip on a player who didnt take to the league straight away, I reckon he could come good but he doesnt have the luxury of under performing for a side like Chelsea.

Tickets are still available for the community shield at the moment too, £20 & £25. I'm very tempted TBH.

I reckon the Salah deal is so high as we'll be paying off Fiorentina for a year, I think the fee was meant to be about €3m a year so take that off Salahs total and we'd be closer to his true value.

Still though, thats a good flip on a player who didnt take to the league straight away, I reckon he could come good but he doesnt have the luxury of under performing for a side like Chelsea.

Salah loan fee was only €1m a year. I don't think we'll have to pay compensation but we've waived the fee and they are looking for another player.

• Advertisement

Salah loan fee was only €1m a year. I don't think we'll have to pay compensation but we've waived the fee and they are looking for another player.

Send them Moses and Mikel. :o

Remy's definitely staying too which is good news.

Remy's definitely staying too which is good news.

Ya, seen that mentioned online alright.

Costa, Falcao, Remy is a decent trip to have for one place.

If we're going s**t or bust we could see 2 of them on the pitch together, maybe all 3 if we push Costa or Remy wide and throw the kitchen sink at a side.

Remy staying is great news, he seems to have the right attitude which is always a help

Looks like oscar is staying as well which I'm delighted about. Next season is make or break for his chelsea career imo

Rumblings on the Twittersphere that Luis is going back to Athletico on a loan deal? I assume there must be a hefty enough fee for that otherwise it's pretty stupid...

• Advertisement

Looks like oscar is staying as well which I'm delighted about. Next season is make or break for his chelsea career imo

Id agree with that part , hes done enough in fits and starts but not enough to be considered consistent.
    Rumblings on the Twittersphere that Luis is going back to Athletico on a loan deal? I assume there must be a hefty enough fee for that otherwise it's pretty stupid...

Unless it involves a 1st refusal on someone like Koke or Griezmann for next year I dont see the point either.

But if we can keep up the pretty good relationship between the two clubs you never know what Atletico player we could be back in for eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

https://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/chelsea/premier-league-winner-betting-chelsea-transfer-plan-flawed-150715-39.html?rfr=798967&mpch=ads
    The Premier League title hasn't been retained in six attempts this decade and every failed defence attracts the same conclusion: the champions got complacent following their success and didn't work hard enough to strengthen their victorious squad.

Manchester United meekly accepted their fate when losing Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez after a third straight title in 2008/09. Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen, Gabriel Obertan and Mame Biram Diouf instantly looked like an unsuitable cavalry, and it was no shock when Chelsea dethroned them.

The Blues were similarly inactive once Carlo Ancelotti had delivered a double in his debut campaign, deciding that Ramires and Yossi Benayoun were the only first-team purchases required in a summer in which the likes of Michael Ballack, Joe Cole and Ricardo Carvalho departed.

Sir Alex Ferguson profited on that occasion, yet repeated his 2009 mistakes in 2011, allowing veteran trio John O'Shea, Wes Brown and Owen Hargreaves to follow the retiring Edwin van der Sar and Paul Scholes out, bringing in just Ashley Young and youthful David de Gea and Phil Jones. The situation was so dire that Scholes resurfaced in January.

Helpfully, their usurpers Manchester City had been busy reading the Man United and Chelsea guide on how not to defend a title and unwisely assumed that Richard Wright, Matija Nastastic, Maicon, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair would see them over the line. Where are they now?

The summer of 2013 saw the Red Devils make the ultimate post-triumph bungle, ruling that even though they had lost Ferguson and hired top-four-side novice David Moyes as his successor, all he needed was for Marouane Fellaini to be brought with him from Everton on deadline day. It is easy to forget in dismissing Moyes as a huge flop how little he was allowed to put an imprint on the squad.

Six years of inept celebratory spending was completed by Man City in 2014. To be fair to them, they did a reasonable amount of business both numbers-wise and in terms of expense, but the likes of Willy Caballero, Bacary Sagna and Fernando had hardly any impact.

Despite the three most impressive clubs in the country this decade all falling into an identical trap, this year was supposed to be different. Surely Jose Mourinho, a coach who retained titles at Porto, Chelsea and Inter and is admired as one of sport's greatest ever detail men, wouldn't be fooled?

However, while Man United have signed four probable starters, Man City have broken the transfer record for an Englishman, Arsenal have taken a four-time Chelsea title winner and even Liverpool have made some attention-grabbing moves, the champions have done next to nothing.

Their only senior additions have been Asmir Begovic and Radamel Falcao (on loan) and they appear to have been recruited to replace Petr Cech and Didier Drogba on the Blues' bench.

You only have to look at 2 seasons ago when City won the league, we made a few signing and improved past them. We are in danger of letting this happen to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Send them Moses and Mikel. :o

Hoi!!!

They can do whatever with Moses, but don't touch our best player ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

When is falcao due to join up?

Johner wrote: »
    https://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/chelsea/premier-league-winner-betting-chelsea-transfer-plan-flawed-150715-39.html?rfr=798967&mpch=ads

You only have to look at 2 seasons ago when City won the league, we made a few signing and improved past them. We are in danger of letting this happen to us.

Apart from Ferguson, only Jose Mourinho has succesfully managed to retain the English title in the last 30 years.

Going slightly further back, in the early 80's Paisley done it with Liverpool.

Its a a difficult league to win and extremly difficult to retain as the above points too, the task of retaining a league has alluded countless managers with excellent title winning squads, you only have to look at the Arsenal invincibles who were blown away and havent won a title since 2003.

Weve got the only manager left in the game thats managed to retain this trophy, I'm confident going into next season anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Meglamonia wrote: »
    When is falcao due to join up?

Sometime in North America.

Apparently Jose said he wont feature until the Barca game on 29th July and may only play 45mins and he wont play against Arsenal but should be ready for the start of the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Tickets are still available for the community shield at the moment too, £20 & £25. I'm very tempted TBH.

Was tempted too, even went as far as to convince the wife that it would be a good weekend away for the family (two arsenal and two Chelsea) supporters.
    Then I checked the flights and they came to nearly €1000 so I'm not so tempted now.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Was tempted too, even went as far as to convince the wife that it would be a good weekend away for the family (two arsenal and two Chelsea) supporters.
    Then I checked the flights and they came to nearly €1000 so I'm not so tempted now.

Yup, checked as the ticket portal was open and seen the cheapest to Heathrow was coming in at about €270, f**k that.

I'll watch it in the pub :o

Luis back to Atletico for £15 million. Good player but we are better off selling and getting a younger back up in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No doubt we'll see it on p0rnhub later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bamford on his way to Palace for a lend apparently

Making an £800,000 loss on the Luis transfer... the committee strikes again!

Aké to stay?

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Making an £800,000 loss on the Luis transfer... the committee strikes again!

Aké to stay?

Whoever is in charge of all the transfers deserves a medal :pac:

• Advertisement

Looks like we are lining up Baba Rahman as a replacement for Luis. Can't say I've seen too much of him, 21 year old Ghanian left back.

£800,000 pound is actually a pretty low fee to pay for someone of Luis's quality for one year.

£800,000 pound is actually a pretty low fee to pay for someone of Luis's quality for one year.

800k loss, apparently Ateltico are handing over £15m which given the currency exchange means we're probably up money :P

800k loss, apparently Ateltico are handing over £15m which given the currency exchange means we're probably up money :P

Haha hadn't thought of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Is Stones coming to us?

Like Falcao and Begovic id say its a case of when hes joining, not if.

I dont think Rob Beasley as gospel but hes said we're in for him and Jose usually gets his man. I just hope we get it done before City realise they need a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Like Falcao and Begovic id say its a case of when hes joining, not if.

I dont think Rob Beasley as gospel but hes said we're in for him and Jose usually gets his man. I just hope we get it done before City realise they need a CB.

Stones can cover right back too, always handy to have a versatile player

Its hard to see who we'll go for if Luis does go. Theres not many better defensive FBs in Europ like Azp IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Looks like we are gonna sign Rahman, German LB just 21. Voted best LB in Germany last season. Sounds promising.

I really cant wait to see Traore play for us finally. I watched him play for reserves/Pre season when we first signed him. Kid looked amazing, hopefully he has progressed and got stronger.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Looks like we are gonna sign Rahman, German LB just 21. Voted best LB in Germany last season. Sounds promising.

I really cant wait to see Traore play for us finally. I watched him play for reserves/Pre season when we first signed him. Kid looked amazing, hopefully he has progressed and got stronger.

Traore really is a no risk situation, I think he'll be like Salah when we first signed him, as he was U21 he didnt take up a non-HG slot so he was free to be included in the squad, now I do hope though that Traore is more rounded than Salah and as you mentioned, think it was last pre season our it might have been2 years ago, he looked very impressive and he was only 17 at the time.

Also, impressing on pre season isnt really a good barometer for how your season will go but he should get a good crack of the whip at 1st team appearances, if that happens I only hope he takes his chances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement