Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Il miss the game tonight have to work nites this week. Will ye keep me updated ? :)

I'm toying with the idea of staying up ( busy day tomorrow and all)
    If I do I'll keep you up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not great goalkeeping but a nice goal for our super Mario for Monaco in CL qualifier

http://www.thickaccent.com/2015/07/29/chelsea-loanee-mario-pasalic-scores-a-thumping-goal-on-his-monaco-debut-video/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ill probably watch the 1st half anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'm toying with the idea of staying up ( busy day tomorrow and all)
    If I do I'll keep you up to speed.

Cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

From the squad Barcelona brought its def not full strength, Chelsea seem fairly full strength bar Zouma instead of terry and a name I cant recongise down the end of this list :o

https://twitter.com/JakeFCohen/status/626163363878432769/photo/1

Chelsea line-up: Courtois, Ivanovic (c), Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Matic, Kenedy, Oscar, Hazard, Diego Costa. #CFCTour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know the story with Kenedy ? I see we had to be given permission by Fluminese to play him, bit of an odd case

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/626171561846947841

Surprised hes not announced at this stage given hes spent all pre-season with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looking forward to Kenedy. Although I don't know anything about him. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

1-0 hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Just squealed like a little girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Super goal from Hazard, pity it means nothing

Ya its a good pre season run around. Costa looks better and better with all these games.

Very unlucky Oscar :eek:

Hazard is sensational.

• Advertisement

And now hes pole axed.

Soooound.

What a stop by Courtois from Suarez :eek:

Decent save again from distance.

Thats terrible from Costa. Should be 2-0

Teams playing well though at the moment.

Much better than the Red Bulls game and a bit of encourgament before the season.

Decent pre season so far against 2 good teams.

• Advertisement

Courtois again with another excellent save. Suarez destroys a few defenders before the shot and save.

Victor Moses will score a hat trick tonight when he comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very open game so far ,should have been 1-1
    Suarez is on fire

Very open game so far ,should have been 1-1
    Suarez is on fire

Good pre season game for both sides. Pretty intense tempo so far.

I like the away jersey actually. Looks well.

Suarez a/t looks like a good bet. Hes had 2 good shots already he'll get another chance no doubt.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Good pre season game for both sides. Pretty intense tempo so far.

Yeah,very entertaining half of football.
    Very high tempo for a friendly

Our defenders are afraid of Suarez, ditto for Barcas defence and Hazard.

Both are playing very well so far. Courtois too.

Yeah,very entertaining half of football.
    Very high tempo for a friendly

Ya its exactly what chelsea need anyway with the arsenal game on sunday.

The subs will probably kill some of the tempo but id still expect the 2nd half to be pretty intense. A good work out all round anyway.

Happy with the performance. Good test tonight. Wont make the 2nd half at this rate but hoping for no injuries before sunday and the epl the weekend after.

• Advertisement

Is this a sign that Mourinho is going to play a more expansive style of football this season I wonder ?

Is this a sign that Mourinho is going to play a more expansive style of football this season I wonder ?

We were quiet expansive until Spurs rocked us for 5. Then a few poor results, draws and such, seen us revert to form and what Jose knows best, killing games by the odd goal.

Its also a pre season game so as long we put in a good honest shift, im happy, with nothing riding on it i think the reigns or off.... as long as we dont do a red bulls on it and leave in 4 goals in the next galf itll have been a good run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Good stuff so far. Bar his miss, Costa has looked fit, strong, quick and he'll be banging them in in no time. Excellent goal by Hazard. Messiesque.

As Gav said, Love the away shirt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Costa off injured, looks to be the hamstring again

That looks like a broken nose for Cahill ,nasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Chelsea v Barcelona Highlights.....

A win against Barcelona is a win against Barcelona :)

Cue 30 seconds of positive happiness from The Monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

RichT wrote: »
    Chelsea v Barcelona Highlights.....

A win against Barcelona is a win against Barcelona :)

Cue 30 seconds of positive happiness from The Monkey.

Watched the highlights and read through the match threads there, looks like plenty of positives with haz, moses, Nathan and matic all getting good reviews. Seems like courtois had a better game to keep suarez down to one too.

From what I can see Cuadrado never got on the pitch? If we can make Nathan official and work permit him that's got to be see ya later for Cuadrado imo.

An attacking corps of hazard, willian, Oscar, fab, moses, Nathan and traore could be very exciting.

hots wrote: »
    Watched the highlights and read through the match threads there, looks like plenty of positives with haz, moses, Nathan and matic all getting good reviews. Seems like courtois had a better game to keep suarez down to one too.

From what I can see Cuadrado never got on the pitch? If we can make Nathan official and work permit him that's got to be see ya later for Cuadrado imo.

An attacking corps of hazard, willian, Oscar, fab, moses, Nathan and traore could be very exciting.

Kenedy, not Nathan.

Nathan is official and with Vitesse :P

• Advertisement

Joses comments about Rafa too are pretty petty.

Yes Rafas wife shouldnt have said anything but Jose has to let it go instead of engaging in a tit for tat.

Joses comments about Rafa too are pretty petty.

Yes Rafas wife shouldnt have said anything but Jose has to let it go instead of engaging in a tit for tat.

Dont agree its obviously personal but we may well meet RM in the CL. In a sport where so much is dependent on the psychological you have to maintain an edge. It is quite clear that the RM manager is very jealous as he keeps eating TSHO's crumbs, to use his wife to have a pop was a cowardly thing to do

TSHO is right to try ensure he is inside his head keep it up I say.

Dont agree its obviously personal but we may well meet RM in the CL. In a sport where so much is dependent on the psychological you have to maintain an edge. It is quite clear that the RM manager is very jealous as he keeps eating TSHO's crumbs, to use his wife to have a pop was a cowardly thing to do

TSHO is right to try ensure he is inside his head keep it up I say.

Only thing is, Rafas got a pretty good record against Jose, better than most anyway :o

I dont think Rafa will be in charge of Real towards the latter stages of the UCL, I reckon Real and Rafa are in for a rude awaken this year.

Barca will win La Liga at a canter and are sure fire favourites for retaining the UCL at this stage too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Being mean to Rafa,will have him eating more.

• Advertisement

I was watching the 1st half on an American Stream last night and just as the half was ending 1-0 and Courtois had made 2 excellent saves and 2 decent saves, one of the commentators asked the other was Courtois the best in the world, the other guy says no, De Gea and Neuer were still better. Ok I thought, no issue there, both are fine GKs, he then goes, I think Cech is better too :pac:

Ya, I love Cech but theres a reason hes not our number 1 anymore, Courtois, 10 years younger and every bit as good as Cech and hes only going to improve. I suppose the commentator knows best.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Being mean to Rafa,will have him eating more.

Is that possible?

I was watching the 1st half on an American Stream last night and just as the half was ending 1-0 and Courtois had made 2 excellent saves and 2 decent saves, one of the commentators asked the other was Courtois the best in the world, the other guy says no, De Gea and Neuer were still better. Ok I thought, no issue there, both are fine GKs, he then goes, I think Cech is better too :pac:

Ya, I love Cech but theres a reason hes not our number 1 anymore, Courtois, 10 years younger and every bit as good as Cech and hes only going to improve. I suppose the commentator knows best.

Was the same really when Petr arrived always liked Carlo but Petr was the future, same now with Tbo.

Petr will improve Arsenal, with the exception of Chelsea, Munich and perhaps United he would improve any team in the world. In a way I am happy he stayed in England he deserves the clean sheet record, in a way not as Arsenal have to be there or thereabouts this year Wenger has built a solid side. Still have a flaky defence but now with a solid keeper, be interesting to see if he organises them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Is that possible?

With Rafa definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Kenedy, not Nathan.

Nathan is official and with Vitesse :P

:/ too many talented Brazilians -_-

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement