Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

duploelabs wrote: »
    Looking after his diet, lovely!!
    'cos that's what women are for, innit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Calling someone fat because your team may meet their team is pretty nonsensical tbh.

Jose did it because he's a disrespectful person, not out of some competitive tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was the same really when Petr arrived always liked Carlo but Petr was the future, same now with Tbo.

Petr will improve Arsenal, with the exception of Chelsea, Munich and perhaps United he would improve any team in the world. In a way I am happy he stayed in England he deserves the clean sheet record, in a way not as Arsenal have to be there or thereabouts this year Wenger has built a solid side. Still have a flaky defence but now with a solid keeper, be interesting to see if he organises them better.

Oh ya, apart from the sides you named and Juventus too, Cech starts for pretty much any team in the world.

WOuldnt begrudge him any success with Arsenal as long as it doesnt involve beating us, with the exception of Sunday, he can win that "trophy" all day long.

I wonder would Courtois have stepped up to take penalty number 5 last night if it went that far :pac:

Without starting a pissing contest, Rafas wife comment was pretty stupid, Rafa has followed Jose 1 properly and was an utter failure, odds are he'll continue that trend at Real.

If youre going to provoke Jose hes going to bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

any worries that Costa's hamstring problems have not been resolved, or was last night just precautionary?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Without starting a pissing contest, Rafas wife comment was pretty stupid, Rafa has followed Jose 1 properly and was an utter failure, odds are he'll continue that trend at Real.

If youre going to provoke Jose hes going to bite.

No I get that. His wife was silly to day that.

However, saying 'yeah cleaning up the pile of trophies I leave behind' is a decent comment and far more powerful than ain't saying 'he's fat'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Kenedy any good?

greendom wrote: »
    any worries that Costa's hamstring problems have not been resolved, or was last night just precautionary?

I reckon precautionary but its too early to tell really.

Squad will be in London sometime in the next few hours and if there is an update we'll find out tomorrow or Friday I'd imagine.

V9 wrote: »
    Kenedy any good?

He played well, its only pre-season though so anyone can look like a superstar.

Moses was very good in the two games before last night.

I reckon if we do want to keep him with Chelsea it wont happen, I seriously doubt Kenedy will get a work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gosplan wrote: »
    Calling someone fat because your team may meet their team is pretty nonsensical tbh.

Jose did it because he's a disrespectful person, not out of some competitive tactic.

Talking about being disrespectful point out EXACTLY please where the RM manager was called fat.

In Mediterranean cultures the lady of the house tends to look after the diet, so it may be ever so slightly sexist but no more.

You hate TSHO fine but off the high horse please.

• Advertisement

I just think it was petty from Jose but he is going to react after such a stupid comment from Rafas wife.

Why would she say something, tongue in cheek or not :pac:

greendom wrote: »

They are saying it was precautionary but given his history it is not good, you would have thought he would be doubtful for Sunday. That being the case and seen as Falcao is really only stepping up the pace you would expect Remy to start.

Disappointing from our aspect, good really from yours but at least we have some options better than 2 years ago I guess.

Personally would be far more concerned about Cahill and his broken nose.That leaves four fit defenders someone somewhere is cutting things very fine.

They are saying it was precautionary but given his history it is not good, you would have thought he would be doubtful for Sunday. That being the case and seen as Falcao is really only stepping up the pace you would expect Remy to start.

Disappointing from our aspect, good really from yours but at least we have some options better than 2 years ago I guess.

Personally would be far more concerned about Cahill and his broken nose.That leaves four fit defenders someone somewhere is cutting things very fine.

Cahill will probably be fitted for a mask ASAP.

Zouma is more than capable too so I'm not overly worried plus we'll have Stones :pac:

I just think it was petty from Jose but he is going to react after such a stupid comment from Rafas wife.

Why would she say something, tongue in cheek or not :pac:

Still don't agree Gav if you play with fire you get burnt. If you insult someone for no reason out of the blue you are fair game end of.

Cahill will probably be fitted for a mask ASAP.

Zouma is more than capable too so I'm not overly worried plus we'll have Stones :pac:

More worried about another injury. I do hope Cesc gives him his magic mask, though I dont really see a song about Cahill to the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Still don't agree Gav if you play with fire you get burnt. If you insult someone for no reason out of the blue you are fair game end of.

Problem is he doesnt need someone to insult him for him to insult. He is at it all the time. He needs to cop on he's a petty little child at times.

More worried about another injury. I do hope Cesc gives him his magic mask, though I dont really see a song about Cahill to the same effect.

I hope if Zouma does play he plays well.

Arsenal will be missing thier best player but its still going to be a hugely difficult game.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Problem is he doesnt need someone to insult him for him to insult. He is at it all the time. He needs to cop on he's a petty little child at times.

I think he treats people with respect when they respect him. He is one of the best managers in the world as a result he is fiercely competitive. He never had a bad word about Fergie but then Fergie never had a bad word about TSHO.

He allegedly had a slight pop at Sam Allardyce a few years back, what is forgotten is that during the same interview he said he would do exactly the same thing. Late last season he backed Allardyce to the hilt outlining how good a job he had done at West Ham but all that is remembered is the 19th century football comment.

The press went mental over Costa and the challenge against Liverpool do you remember Sky Sports Costa crimes? Obviously he backs his player to the hilt and quite rightly has a pop at Redknapp showing him to be the incompetent pundit that he is. But the press play him as the ogre and that is what people want to see.

So by all means follow the crowd but I like a person who stands up for themselves and what they believe in.

I hope if Zouma does play he plays well.

Arsenal will be missing thier best player but its still going to be a hugely difficult game.

Not sure they are Gav I have a funny feeling that Ozil is going to have a storming season. He gets an awful amount of flack (wrongly in my opinion) but he is an exceptional player. If I were given a choice of Sanchez or Ozil would take him in a heartbeat (though I would make do with Sanchez if I had too :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Moses was very good in the two games before last night.

ultimate liverpool troll, moses that is

'cos that's what women are for, innit.

the f*ck you on about?

Talking about being disrespectful point out EXACTLY please where the RM manager was called fat.

In Mediterranean cultures the lady of the house tends to look after the diet, so it may be ever so slightly sexist but no more.

You hate TSHO fine but off the high horse please.

In terms of the sexism, 'culture' is also how Aragones and Suarez justified racism. But that's not really my point.

I feel you need to be a bit more mature and impartial about this. Of course Jose implied Rafa was fat, he hardly referred to his diet for some other reason.

If you want to get into a pointless boards argument 'you said he CALLED him fat', then don't bother. The 100% of people that took he was talking about Rafa's weight are not wrong and when you're as media savvy as Jose you don't accidentally imply something like that.

I'm not on a high horse, but I'll comment when you try and pass Jose's digs off as 'getting in someone's head'. This wasn't some tactical decision about a manager in another league, it was Jose having a go.

'Hate' is a strong word to use to describe my opinion of him. I think he's a great manager but a deeply flawed character.

It bugs me when people equate this stuff to Fergie's famous mind games. Fergie got inside the head of his nearest rival when he could. It was tactical and he remained as respectful as possible to others.

Jose I think just tends to create bad blood and burn bridges wherever he goes. I'm not sure if that will ever catch up with him or not. It does occurr to me that a lot of managers/teams seemed to give Utd an easy enough ride out of loyalty/fondness.

Arsenal never got this as much because Wenger had a tendency to complain about tactics/rough treatment. What you got was the next team playing twice as negatively and fouling twice as much.

As someone said, he's petty and disrespectful. Whether this matters or not is up to you.

I heard a rumour that Bobby Charlton and the Utd old brass didn't want him to be manager because of this. Not sure if that's true or not but it would be very telling.

Born winner though. Pretty sure I'd be defending him to the hilt if he was my manager.

I'm not on a high horse, but ...
    I heard a rumour......
    quality ways to make a valid response, bravo

I think he treats people with respect when they respect him. He is one of the best managers in the world as a result he is fiercely competitive. He never had a bad word about Fergie but then Fergie never had a bad word about TSHO.

He allegedly had a slight pop at Sam Allardyce a few years back, what is forgotten is that during the same interview he said he would do exactly the same thing. Late last season he backed Allardyce to the hilt outlining how good a job he had done at West Ham but all that is remembered is the 19th century football comment.

The press went mental over Costa and the challenge against Liverpool do you remember Sky Sports Costa crimes? Obviously he backs his player to the hilt and quite rightly has a pop at Redknapp showing him to be the incompetent pundit that he is. But the press play him as the ogre and that is what people want to see.

So by all means follow the crowd but I like a person who stands up for themselves and what they believe in.

So do I but thats not what we're talking about. He insults fellow professionals on a regular basis and in a spitefull way. Some might admire that most wont.

I'll drop out now as I dont think its a conversation that goes anywhere

In fairness you picked two half lines overall of a fairly well made effort at a detailed response.

• Advertisement

In terms of the sexism, 'culture' is also how Aragones and Suarez justified racism. But that's not really my point.

I feel you need to be a bit more mature and impartial about this. Of course Jose implied Rafa was fat, he hardly referred to his diet for some other reason.

If you want to get into a pointless boards argument 'you said he CALLED him fat', then don't bother. The 100% of people that took he was talking about Rafa's weight are not wrong and when you're as media savvy as Jose you don't accidentally imply something like that.

I'm not on a high horse, but I'll comment when you try and pass Jose's digs off as 'getting in someone's head'. This wasn't some tactical decision about a manager in another league, it was Jose having a go.

'Hate' is a strong word to use to describe my opinion of him. I think he's a great manager but a deeply flawed character.

It bugs me when people equate this stuff to Fergie's famous mind games. Fergie got inside the head of his nearest rival when he could. It was tactical and he remained as respectful as possible to others.

Jose I think just tends to create bad blood and burn bridges wherever he goes. I'm not sure if that will ever catch up with him or not. It does occurr to me that a lot of managers/teams seemed to give Utd an easy enough ride out of loyalty/fondness.

Arsenal never got this as much because Wenger had a tendency to complain about tactics/rough treatment. What you got was the next team playing twice as negatively and fouling twice as much.

As someone said, he's petty and disrespectful. Whether this matters or not is up to you.

I heard a rumour that Bobby Robson and the Utd old brass didn't want him to be manager because of this. Not sure if that's true or not but it would be very telling.

Born winner though. Pretty sure I'd be defending him to the hilt if he was my manager.

Thats your opinion to which you are fully entitled.

I think you are absolutely and totally wrong but that is mine.

Bobby Robson (RIP) never had a bad word to say about TSHO having worked very closely with him at Barca. I think you might mean Bobby Charlton but again that is just pure speculation and used as a rod to beat with. I am sure you also read that Fergie wanted TSHO to take over from him but he was told there was unfinished business at Chelsea and that is where he was going next. Why not make reference to that - because it does not fit in with your anti TSHO obviously.

But nevermind you believe press reports you want and I will believe what I want.

Thanks. Your response was frankly awful.

Bobby Robson (RIP) never had a bad word to say about TSHO having worked very closely with him at Barca. I think you might mean Bobby Charlton but again that is just pure speculation and used as a rod to beat with. I am sure you also read that Fergie wanted TSHO to take over from him but he was told there was unfinished business at Chelsea and that is where he was going next. Why not make reference to that - because it does not fit in with your anti TSHO obviously.

But nevermind you believe press reports you want and I will believe what I want.

Yes. Edited that there.

The main thing I'd be getting across is that none of this matters a hot because he continues to be so successful.

Mourinho wanted the united job he courted it in the year ahead but it wasnt to be, its my opinion had he the choice of the two jobs he'd be at OT now

In fairness at least it has generated a few posts this morning been very quiet in here during the pre season.

Thank God it starts all over again on Sunday and we will have lots of different things to disagree about yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lovely penalty from Falcao last night, 2 in 2 for him now. Goal machine :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have I stumbled into the Liverpool thread by mistake or what?

Othello had a 'deeply flawed character.' I don't think you can validly accuse José Mourinho of having anything like that. He might get a bit antsy from time-to-time but that's out.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Mourinho wanted the united job he courted it in the year ahead but it wasnt to be, its my opinion had he the choice of the two jobs he'd be at OT now

Apart from Diego Torres saying it, theres nothing to suggest Jose wanted the Utd job.

When asked about it Jose said as soon as Chelsea showed interest, which was before Fergies announcement of retiring, he was always going to go to Chelsea no matter who came in for him.

Rafa said it in an interview when he was aksed "would you like to be here next year" Rafa responded by saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "you know whos going to be here next year", this was in March or April.

What I find even fuinnier is people beliving Jose will go off and join Utd in the next few years after he falls out with Roman at some stage.

Yes. Edited that there.

The main thing I'd be getting across is that none of this matters a hot because he continues to be so successful.

Yea figured that, have to say loved Bobby Robson one of the few gents in football that man.

His die is cast now he will never change and I do agree with you in that if he were say manager at United or any other English team I am fairly certain I would not be so staunch in his support (didn't mind so much when he was out of the PL).

I actually dont believe he wanted the United job, and I really cannot believe that a club of their stature would choose Moyes ahead of him if he wanted it. OK he is a bit abrasive but he is also a winner, United (to their credit) never courted being loved they only ever want success.

Yea figured that, have to say loved Bobby Robson one of the few gents in football that man.

His die is cast now he will never change and I do agree with you in that if he were say manager at United or any other English team I am fairly certain I would not be so staunch in his support (didn't mind so much when he was out of the PL).

I actually dont believe he wanted the United job, and I really cannot believe that a club of their stature would choose Moyes ahead of him if he wanted it. OK he is a bit abrasive but he is also a winner, United (to their credit) never courted being loved they only ever want success.

Of all the managers available to Utd at the time Moyes was a real weird one.

Ancelotti was being sacked at PSG, Jose was walking out of Real. They had the chance to go and get 2 of the finest managers around and they choose Moyes.

Now, either both were approached and they said no or neither were approached and Fergie wanted Moyes in to create a legacy, Ancelotti and Jose dont really stay around for the long haul.

At some stage, both probably realised other jobs were available, Real knew Jose was going to Chelsea so they probably approached Ancelotti before the end of the season to sound him out for the job.

You dont turn down Real and Jsoe loves Chelsea, leaving Utd with a tough decision.

I believe the way Fergie is with the media and with all his books that are out, that had Jose been offered the job or desired it as much, he'd have mentioned it somewhere.

Anyway, I'm not bothered about it now, Utd are looking like theyre back to a position of real strength and have a much better manager than one they sacked after Fergie and theres 4 genuine title contenders this year, should make for one of the best seasons yet.

Thanks. Your response was frankly awful.

And quoting an unsubstantiated rumour is a viable method of producing a reasonable argument?

Also, on the back of the Rafa comments, good luck trying to get any Real Madrid player while Rafa is there :pac:

Thats under the assumption that Rafa has final say on outgoing players. :o

And quoting an unsubstantiated rumour is a viable method of producing a reasonable argument?

The clue is in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

The thing with Mourinho for the most is that Chelsea fans will love him and maybe cringe a little when he spices certain things up, where as all other fans for the most will dislike him. Its the us versus everyone else mentality he builds within his teams and clubs.

When Ferguson was at Utd I had a mild (!) dislike for his methods, but more towards the last couple of seasons I started to understand and appreciate his ways, his outright love for his club and determination to succeed. I admire that immensely, and whilst there are times I metaphorically duck my head when Jose speaks, I see it as part of the game.

Many fans have told me they would hate to have him manage their club, whether they are telling the truth or not that's for them to know, what I know is I'm thrilled to have him back at Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I have to say, I'm hugely concerned with costas hamstring. I feel there will be falcao will have to produce 15-20 goals as Diego simply won't be fit.
    Also feel like we're missing the boat with pedro, a fantastic professional with proven pedigree, player of the year if united snatch him and for only 22mill? If we took a big hit on cuadrado I think it would be worth getting rid of for pedro. Just a gut feeling mind you.

• Advertisement

The clue is in the thread title.

5341260389_485c2c826b_b.jpg

I have to say, I'm hugely concerned with costas hamstring. I feel there will be falcao will have to produce 15-20 goals as Diego simply won't be fit.
    Also feel like we're missing the boat with pedro, a fantastic professional with proven pedigree, player of the year if united snatch him and for only 22mill? If we took a big hit on cuadrado I think it would be worth getting rid of for pedro. Just a gut feeling mind you.

I dunno about player of the year. I mean as wingers in the EPL, Sanchez and Hazard are on a different level to Pedro, Di MAria too, when hes on form.

He would still be a good buy though, apparently we were interested but he might not want to join Chelsea or he mightnt be happy with the amount of players in the mix for one position, he probably wants to play as mauch as possible and its something we cant guarntee him. Only Hazard, in the supporting 3 is a banker to start every game, Willian is pretty undroppable too so that leaves about 4 players fighting for 1 role either CAM or RW, if we move Willian to #10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Speaking as a massive CFC fan Mourinho is the best manager in world football.
    I have been in countless debates with people over years and no one can convince me other wise.

However he does have his flaws..he is human after all. His latest comments about Rafa are funny but are totally childish and in no way is it in a sporting interest IMO, he is just having a pop at Rafa.

Iv seen a comment on Fergie having a "better personality" which im my mind is just crap, he had his own nasty moments but unfortunitly he was a media darling and truth be known backed by Bskyb. Any way Mourinho is who he is and i dont think anything bothers him, its the way he is childish at times but an out and out winner and i wouldn i would not want any other manager.

As for Pedro, he will make a quality siging who ever gets him but i think we will hold on and hope Quadrado or Moses and fill the hole for a year or two untill Traore makes aclaim for a starting spot.

Also i think Cuadrado is getting a lot of stick, i dont think he has been as bad as made out. He is a bit rash and a bit light weight but he is certanly dangerous when taking on defenders.
    I think he will surprize some this season.

According to the Times, Christopher Lollichon, our GK coaching and long standing mentor and friend to Cech is off to Arsenal.

If its true, I'm surprised it didnt happen earlier.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

the f*ck you on about?
    shhh. Back into the kitchen luv, the men are talking.

5341260389_485c2c826b_b.jpg

ChiefSociableHochstettersfrog.gif

Now if you have an actual point to make, make it.

If it's just tit for tat rubbish, then pm me.

Now if you have an actual point to make, make it.

If it's just tit for tat rubbish, then pm me.

my point, which you seem to have ignored, is that you cannot make a succinct argument by quoting an unsubstantiated rumour.
    Nor does stating something but then denying it within the same sentence i.e
    I'm not on a high horse, but ...

my point, which you seem to have ignored, is that you cannot make a succinct argument by quoting an unsubstantiated rumour.
    Nor does stating something but then denying it within the same sentence i.e

Yeah, and I told you that was rubbish.

Nothing about Chelsea or anything or any of the actual points we were discussing.

I mean do you even follow football or do you just pick two lines from a lengthy post and look for a row.

Anything about Chelsea, post here.

Anything about me - pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

what a day wrote: »
    . His latest comments about Rafa are funny but are totally childish and in no way is it in a sporting interest IMO, he is just having a pop at Rafa.

Do you really think they are funny?

He could have made a witty intelligent remark, but went for the easy "he's fat" jibe. And that is exactly what he meant, not this implied mediterrenaen implication of the women cooks the dinner lark. It's school yard bully stuff. Bit like his embarrassing appearance on Goals on Sunday last year, he's turning into a cynical old git, with a sense of humour to match.

Maybe if he was my club's manager I would like him, but I doubt it.

I am in no way doubting his undoubted talent as a top coach, but why the lack of class. They aren't mutually exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Now we're talking about class in football apparently.

Christ on a bike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement