Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Do you really think they are funny?

He could have made a witty intelligent remark, but went for the easy "he's fat" jibe. And that is exactly what he meant, not this implied mediterrenaen implication of the women cooks the dinner lark. It's school yard bully stuff. Bit like his embarrassing appearance on Goals on Sunday last year, he's turning into a cynical old git, with a sense of humour to match.

Maybe if he was my club's manager I would like him, but I doubt it.

I am in no way doubting his undoubted talent as a top coach, but why the lack of class. They aren't mutually exclusive.

What exactly is class?

When Wenger assaulted TSHO was that an example of class?

When Wenger showed scant regard for the referees authority by standing on a platform behind the officials area after being sent off at OT was that class?

Class is a mythical concept or a method of subjugating people either way it is BS. He did make an intelligent remark but as normal you choose to ignore it that being the best side in Europe at the time was destroyed within 6 months. Never let the truth get in the way of a good ole biased post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Is AIG gone total Barca these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

What exactly is class?

When Wenger assaulted TSHO was that an example of class?

When Wenger showed scant regard for the referees authority by standing on a platform behind the officials area after being sent off at OT was that class?

Class is a mythical concept or a method of subjugating people either way it is BS. He did make an intelligent remark but as normal you choose to ignore it that being the best side in Europe at the time was destroyed within 6 months. Never let the truth get in the way of a good ole biased post.

Class is not calling someone fat.

Assaulted? :pac:

So you condone that sort of behaviour, says a lot about someone's class. In public life there is never an excuse for assaulting another, less so in such a high profile environment.

Condoning such action tells me all I need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kind of irrelevant and don't really care about this argument, but that's not really a very good example. He kicked a water bottle and then was told to go to a part of the stand where there was no proper access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Do you really think they are funny?

He could have made a witty intelligent remark, but went for the easy "he's fat" jibe. And that is exactly what he meant, not this implied mediterrenaen implication of the women cooks the dinner lark. It's school yard bully stuff. Bit like his embarrassing appearance on Goals on Sunday last year, he's turning into a cynical old git, with a sense of humour to match.

Maybe if he was my club's manager I would like him, but I doubt it.

I am in no way doubting his undoubted talent as a top coach, but why the lack of class. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I totally agree with you bar the part were you say you dont know if you could like him if he was your manager. I Know for a fact you would love him, trust me!

And yes i found his comments funny, because they were childish.
    But he did make valid points about Rafa only taking over one of Mous teams which he done a disaterous jb at BTW

So you condone that sort of behaviour, says a lot about someone's class. In public life there is never an excuse for assaulting another, less so in such a high profile environment.

Condoning such action tells me all I need to know.

How am I condoning such an action? Was it the right thing to do? No. But don't blow it out of proportion. It was a light push, and something that was regretted I am sure. Does Mou regret his remarks? I doubt it.

Calling someone fat is though. You would get it from a 5-15 year old, but after that one should have a bit more sense.

Kind of irrelevant and don't really care about this argument, but that's not really a very good example. He kicked a water bottle and then was told to go to a part of the stand where there was no proper access.

Grumpy was replying to a post claiming Mourinho was acting Childish and lacked class.
    It was merely pointed out that Mourinho is not alone and used Wender as an example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah, and I told you that was rubbish.

Nothing about Chelsea or anything or any of the actual points we were discussing.

I mean do you even follow football or do you just pick two lines from a lengthy post and look for a row.

Anything about Chelsea, post here.

Anything about me - pm
    Nothing personal, just shooting down your attempted points in your argument

How am I condoning such an action? Was it the right thing to do? No. But don't blow it out of proportion. It was a light push, and something that was regretted I am sure. Does Mou regret his remarks? I doubt it.

Calling someone fat is though. You would get it from a 5-15 year old, but after that one should have a bit more sense.

Ah here, i reckon Mou would have Wenger in a scrap.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Ah here, i reckon Mou would have Wenger in a scrap.

Mou straight out with the low blows, spitting, hair pulling and kidney punches...:pac:

My My what can you say other than by laughing at such a suggestion you are condoning it and well you know it.

Still put some words into TSHO's mouth and try and gloss over the fact. I am still waiting to hear or read a transcript where he uses the word fat it is assumed he is referring to that but there are many interpretations of the word diet.

My My what can you say other than by laughing at such a suggestion you are condoning it and well you know it.

Still put some words into TSHO's mouth and try and gloss over the fact. I am still waiting to hear or read a transcript where he uses the word fat it is assumed he is referring to that but there are many interpretations of the word diet.

You will be waiting for a long time to read such a transcript because the word fat was not used, but that is what was implied.

What are the other interpretations of the word diet? Does he think Rafa is at risk of a stroke because of a high sat diet?

"I am not laughing", he said, so he was clearly put out by the comments put to him and reacted with crass remarks.

Mou straight out with the low blows, spitting, hair pulling and kidney punches...:pac:

I can picture it....Wenger "well eh i egh" As he pulls and pulls at his zip. Mou just hits him a slap in the face and finishs him with his finishing move...........a swift poke in the eye!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Still don't agree Gav if you play with fire you get burnt. If you insult someone for no reason out of the blue you are fair game end of.

Equally, you are allowed to criticise your manager when he's wrong. Nobody will think you're a lesser Chelsea fan by disageeing with hin.

You don't need to defend his choice of croissant for breakfast. He'll still survive if you think differently to him

You will be waiting for a long time to read such a transcript because the word fat was not used, but that is what was implied.

What are the other interpretations of the word diet? Does he think Rafa is at risk of a stroke because of a high sat diet?

"I am not laughing", he said, so he was clearly put out by the comments put to him and reacted with crass remarks.

Possibly you could interpret in that way, equally you could interpret that He was not laughing as the RM manager destroyed His Inter team. It is well known He has a very strong bond with Inter also so perhaps He was not laughing at this, beyond most people to give Him the benefit of the doubt of course.

Lets see Webster defines diet thus;

a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed
    b : habitual nourishment
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>
    : something provided or experienced repeatedly

He could have been referring to 1 a&b in the general holistic sense, nourishing not just the body but the mind also.

He could have been referring to 1 c&d in which case He was referring to weight and that would be a little naughty.

Or indeed it could be 2 in which case He was possibly referring to visits to the theatre or watching the Simpsons the actual boundaries are infinite in this case really.

I am at a loss to say as He works in mysterious ways His wonderful work to do.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

dfx- wrote: »
    You don't need to defend his choice of croissant for breakfast. He'll still survive if you think differently to him

Mourinho's diet is above reproach.

Am I doing this right?

Mourinho's is above reproach.

Am I doing this right?

Now you are :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Possibly you could interpret in that way, equally you could interpret that He was not laughing as the RM manager destroyed His Inter team. It is well known He has a very strong bond with Inter also so perhaps He was not laughing at this, beyond most people to give Him the benefit of the doubt of course.

c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

He could have been referring to 1 a&b in the general holistic sense, nourishing not just the body but the mind also.

He could have been referring to 1 c&d in which case He was referring to weight and that would be a little naughty.

Or indeed it could be 2 in which case He was possibly referring to visits to the theatre or watching the Simpsons the actual boundaries are infinite in this case really.

If that seems plausible to you then fine, but to me it was very obviously said to mean something else.

dfx- wrote: »
    Equally, you are allowed to criticise your manager when he's wrong. Nobody will think you're a lesser Chelsea fan by disageeing with hin.

I have no problem criticising the Chelsea manager of the day if I feel they are wrong. For instance when we had an interim manager I was quite vocal in disagreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's either a very funny and clever bit of self parody or the most staggeringly impressive mental gymnastics I've ever seen, either way bravo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

This thread's last few pages (not complaining, it's been a quiet summer) :):

144.gif

Someone posted a few pages back about being worried about Costa's hamstring, couldn't agree more. I think that would have been a serious reason for picking someone like Falcao; happy to sit on the bench when Costa is fit, should be capable of playing for a season if Costa really gets in trouble (unlike Drogba last year), heaps and heaps of experience meaning that whilst he probably won't do anything special he shouldn't sh/t the bed either.

If Costa were to be injured for a few months I think we'd be in big trouble, but a bit less trouble than we would have been say last year with Drogba (only able for 30mins at a time) and Remy. Could also see Hazard moved inside to take on scoring responsibilities if Costa did get injured too, could partner well with Falcao I reckon.

You certainly would have hoped that after a summers rest and I presume treatment Costa's problem would not have resurfaced so quickly there has to be some amount of concern at the Bridge. Given the service he is likely to get here you would hope that Falcao would score in Costa's absence, but Torres didn't so it is a long way from a given.

I would have faith in Remy (if he can stay fit) he does look like a natural. At least we are in better shape than when we had Torres, E'Eto and Ba.

You certainly would have hoped that after a summers rest and I presume treatment Costa's problem would not have resurfaced so quickly there has to be some amount of concern at the Bridge. Given the service he is likely to get here you would hope that Falcao would score in Costa's absence, but Torres didn't so it is a long way from a given.

I would have faith in Remy (if he can stay fit) he does look like a natural. At least we are in better shape than when we had Torres, E'Eto and Ba.

Definitely in better shape than that (looks horrendous looking back on it)! My only issue with Remy is that he doesn't protect possession the best which is something (apart from Torres) we've always used. Falcao doesn't have the turn of pace or (based on last season) the poachers instinct that Remy does but I reckon he'd be far more adept at bringing the other 3 into play to contribute more.

hots wrote: »
    Definitely in better shape than that (looks horrendous looking back on it)! My only issue with Remy is that he doesn't protect possession the best which is something (apart from Torres) we've always used. Falcao doesn't have the turn of pace or (based on last season) the poachers instinct that Remy does but I reckon he'd be far more adept at bringing the other 3 into play to contribute more.

Yea that is a fair point, I guess where teams sit back and invite us on then Costa / Remy is the order of the day whilst Costa / Falcao be more the tactical game of chess match.

Either way whilst we have two fit I guess things not so bad but we do want Costa playing more often than not to be sure.

Yea that is a fair point, I guess where teams sit back and invite us on then Costa / Remy is the order of the day whilst Costa / Falcao be more the tactical game of chess match.

Either way whilst we have two fit I guess things not so bad but we do want Costa playing more often than not to be sure.

Definitely. If he were to be injured for >25% of the season I'd expect us to go out and sign another striker next season capable of being a long term solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Looks like I missed a good afternoon of cat calling and dick waving.

Damn it.

Our manager is better than yours, am I doing right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

So we've apparently had a second offer rejected for Stones (I think this is the right place)

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    So we've apparently had a second offer rejected for Stones (I think this is the right place)

I reckon 3rd time is the charm. We wont get him before the weekend but I reckon we'll have him before the window shuts.

It'll probably be for around 30-35m at this rate.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I reckon 3rd time is the charm. We wont get him before the weekend but I reckon we'll have him before the window shuts.

It'll probably be for around 30-35m at this rate.

Way over priced but we have backed ourselves into a corner with little or no defensive cover. This transfer window has been as bad as the last one was good.

Way over priced but we have backed ourselves into a corner with little or no defensive cover. This transfer window has been as bad as the last one was good.

If we kept Christansen or Kalas we wouldnt be in this situation, one of them plus Zouma is plenty enough cover instead of spending over 30m but it is what it is with British players right now.

The funny thing is we don't actually need stones for cover with Zouma and Ivan both able to do CB. It's LB (Rahmann/that galatassary chap) we're thin at. I think it's a bit more of a case of trying to grab him before the price goes up again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The funny thing is we don't actually need stones for cover with Zouma and Ivan both able to do CB. It's LB (Rahmann/that galatassary chap) we're thin at. I think it's a bit more of a case of trying to grab him before the price goes up again next year.

If Ivan has to play CB, then who plays RB ? If Azp moves over, who plays LB ?

But yeah we need a LB as well as another CB for this year

Can only assume they looking long term as JT and Cahill are getting on a bit in the general scheme of things. Does not show a lot of faith in Kalas or Christensen though.

• Advertisement

If Ivan has to play CB, then who plays RB ? If Azp moves over, who plays LB ?

But yeah we need a LB as well as another CB for this year

If Ivan played CB then it'd be Zouma or Ramires left as cover at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Ivan played CB then it'd be Zouma or Ramires left as cover at RB.

I'd prefer if we got a proper LB for a situation like that, and let Dave move over. Same for if Ivan gets an injury, would be best if we could have players playing in a natural position for them

I'd prefer if we got a proper LB for a situation like that, and let Dave move over. Same for if Ivan gets an injury, would be best if we could have players playing in a natural position for them

oh we definitely need another LB, that would allow dave to cover the right side too alright.

Defo need to find another defender that is ready to take up a starting spot in our defence.
    Stones would be a prefect choice. I dont think Ivan is a great CB tbh.
    With Terry Cahill Stones and Zouma we are sorted for another two seasons. In that time we can try and fit Kalas and/or Christianson into the 1rst team.
    Our full back positions are priority though, just wonder who we will bring in.

After all the whinning and worring on who we are not signing, the thing that worries me most is why did Costa not get surgery in the off season!??!! Season has not even started yet and already he looks like struggling for fitness. Would be typical of our luck we finally find a replacment for Drogba but he is made of glass.

Oh and i think Falcao will do better than expected if he stays injury free too

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Defo need to find another defender that is ready to take up a starting spot in our defence.
    Stones would be a prefect choice. I dont think Ivan is a great CB tbh.
    With Terry Cahill Stones and Zouma we are sorted for another two seasons. In that time we can try and fit Kalas and/or Christianson into the 1rst team.
    Our full back positions are priority though, just wonder who we will bring in.

After all the whinning and worring on who we are not signing, the thing that worries me most is why did Costa not get surgery in the off season!??!! Season has not even started yet and already he looks like struggling for fitness. Would be typical of our luck we finally find a replacment for Drogba but he is made of glass.

Oh and i think Falcao will do better than expected if he stays injury free too

I imagine the medical department think his hamstring is ok that it doesnt need surgery. Time will tell anyway.He was good against Barca bar the missing of an easy one on one.

We're also looking to become the 1st side since Utd 08/09 to retain an EPL title.

Thats an extraordinary fact. The winners of the title has swapped around between Us and the Manchester clubs in those 5 or 6 seasons.

As I've said already, Jose is the only one to retain the EPL thats still managing so retaining the title is a hugely difficult task but I think this squad can do it. WE need to out in a run of 2 and 3 title wins in a row, much like Utd throughout the 90/00's

I'd love to be going over now on Sunday. Should be a good game, one last chance to get in a good 90mins before we face Swansea in the season opener.

Any idea why we scheduled the fiorentina game for the Wednesday before the league starts? It's part of the american competition too so surely would have made more sense to have it a couple of weeks ago?

I'd love to be going over now on Sunday. Should be a good game, one last chance to get in a good 90mins before we face Swansea in the season opener.

Other than the game at the Bridge on Wednesday ;)

But your right watched the Barca game yesterday evening, it was a good game and we looked to be coming along quite nicely. We could do with a win though 1 defeat and 2 draws in 3 games not what we are used to pre season or not.

Oscar looked fresh and fit and I hope he is I really feel that guy could be one of the best in the world. Him, Haz and Cesc firing will give any team anywhere problems.

Any idea why we scheduled the fiorentina game for the Wednesday before the league starts? It's part of the american competition too so surely would have made more sense to have it a couple of weeks ago?

Think it was tied into the Salah, Cuadrado deal but not certain.

chelsea-3rd-2.jpg

Supposed to be the new 3rd kit, looks quite tasty.

Nah the Fiorentina game is to conclude the North American International Cup thingy. Our time frame didnt allow it to be completed over so it'll be played here.

I reckon it will be 100% full strength on Sunday

Courtois
    Ivan JT Zouma Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

The Fiorentina game will see changes

Begovic
    Ivan Zouma Cahill Azp
    Ramires Mikel
    Cuadrado RLC Moses
    Falcao

Nah the Fiorentina game is to conclude the North American International Cup thingy. Our time frame didnt allow it to be completed over so it'll be played here.

I reckon it will be 100% full strength on Sunday

Courtois
    Ivan JT Zouma Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

The Fiorentina game will see changes

Begovic
    Ivan Zouma Cahill Azp
    Ramires Mikel
    Cuadrado RLC Moses
    Falcao

Seeing changes means 1 change in our defence, how are we so thin in that area so close to the season's start?

Seeing changes means 1 change in our defence, how are we so thin in that area so close to the season's start?

WEll we sold a LB so we've only 5 seniopr players for 4 positions.

I reckon Cahill may miss the Community Shield, Zouma will starts, no issues with it.

For Fiorentina we can easily play Clarke-Salter, Cahalobah or Aina in defence if we really have to. Dailva might get a go too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement