Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I just do not understand how we are in this position until we had secured adequate cover I really do not know how Kalas and Luis were allowed out the door. I don't doubt the teams you selected Gav we just simply have no one else of any experience.

Last season really was a tutorial on how to conduct your transfer business, this season it has been so disjointed it is not funny and could be viewed as a tutorial on how not to conduct your business. I suppose we have a month to sort out the mess but for a professional club this is feeble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I just do not understand how we are in this position until we had secured adequate cover I really do not know how Kalas and Luis were allowed out the door. I don't doubt the teams you selected Gav we just simply have no one else of any experience.

Last season really was a tutorial on how to conduct your transfer business, this season it has been so disjointed it is not funny and could be viewed as a tutorial on how not to conduct your business. I suppose we have a month to sort out the mess but for a professional club this is feeble.

Can only assume 2 of our CBs were allowed leave as we had or have someone lined up (stones) and Luis was allowed leave as we have a LB lined up (Telles or Baba)

Its still not a great sign to the fans though that we've let 2 1st team squad players go in Christansen and Luis without any cover coming in. Ive no doubt we'll sort the issue out before the window closes but in this position, every other team knows we need players and will tack on an extra few bob on to their players worth, or in Evertons case, simply say no.

I was all for Varane at the start of the window, I mean if Stones is going to cost us we'll say £35m thats basically €50m, I'd much prefer Varane for that price if Real were willing to do business.

Stones has one thing on his side over Varane, the fact hes British, other than that the real value is in the better player, which right now is clearly Varane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I agree Grumpy, i know its easy to say standing on the out looking in but you would imagine we would have a good idea on who needs replacing and who our replacment targets are.

What ever about staying calm with Stones you would imagine we would have cover at LB.

In other news that Kenedy Guy looks class!!

Forgot to mention this should be done before the season starts!!

what a day wrote: »
    I agree Grumpy, i know its easy to say standing on the out looking in but you would imagine we would have a good idea on who needs replacing and who our replacment targets are.

What ever about staying calm with Stones you would imagine we would have cover at LB.

In other news that Kenedy Guy looks class!!

Forgot to mention this should be done before the season starts!!

Kenedy does look good, hes very raw though and maybe the EPL wouldnt suit him right now. EIther way I dont think he'll get a work permit.

Traore, Moses, Cuadrado, Hazard, Willian should be plenty of cover for the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Kenedy does look good, hes very raw though and maybe the EPL wouldnt suit him right now. EIther way I dont think he'll get a work permit.

Already a firm favourite for this
    482223182-luis-suarez-of-barcelona-battles-with-kenedy-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXs4tT4lgWoItVPZE6xn%2Fdt8sgwygyG0VDO3yS%2FuIixy7ciYabdGVO3vf%2BlA%2B9XlnPw%3D%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He has a lovely first touch and his short passing is excellent. I can see him really getting on well with Hazard.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He has a lovely first touch and his short passing is excellent. I can see him really getting on well with Hazard.

It gives us a different threat anyway form the right if he does stay and get a work permit.

Himself cutting in off the right flank makes the pitch a bit more narrow but the way Ivan bombs on it should still give us an option down the right side.

I wouldnt axctually be surprised to see Moses get a start against Arsenal.

Hes had more minutes than guys like Willian whos back from the Copa America.

A front 4 of

Moses Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Isnt too bad, leaves guys like Willian and Cuadrado as bench options for Sunday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

A bit of money moving on us to sign Cambiasso. We are actually the favourites in the league to sign him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A bit of money moving on us to sign Cambiasso. We are actually the favourites in the league to sign him.

He played for Mourinho at Inter didn't he ?

Would be no need for him unless Mikel or Ramires leave, would really stagnate any chances of first team football for RLC

That would be up there with the signing of Mineiro on a WTF factor.

He played for Mourinho at Inter didn't he ?

Would be no need for him unless Mikel or Ramires leave, would really stagnate any chances of first team football for RLC

He did and he was pretty good. That was a long time ago, Cambiasso is well past it now for an elite side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That would be up there with the signing of Mineiro on a WTF factor.

I have literally no recollection of that at all? Just googled him and he's in a Chelsea jersey?!

hots wrote: »
    I have literally no recollection of that at all? Just googled him and he's in a Chelsea jersey?!

Think he was signed by Big Phil and played only 1 or 2 games in the league cup or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

WEll we sold a LB so we've only 5 seniopr players for 4 positions.

I reckon Cahill may miss the Community Shield, Zouma will starts, no issues with it.

For Fiorentina we can easily play Clarke-Salter, Cahalobah or Aina in defence if we really have to. Dailva might get a go too.

Speaking of this, I know Chelsea have done some good deals in terms of sales over the last few years but getting the same price for Felipe Luis was brilliant work.

I imagine Utd would love to do the same with ADM.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Speaking of this, I know Chelsea have done some good deals in terms of sales over the last few years but getting the same price for Felipe Luis was brilliant work.

I imagine Utd would love to do the same with ADM.

I dont know did we, we didnt lose much anyway by most reports Ive seen.

Last year I'd have loved Di Maria for our RW but he just didnt settle in England, still had a decent season but what was expected of him he was very underwhelming, when you consider what Sanchez cost and how he performed for instance.

Although, Di Maria seemed to have his heart set on Paris, the 12month detour via Manchester didnt do anything for him at all.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I obviously don't have anything to back up this idle speculation but it seems to me that the return of Luis to AM was probably pre-ordained. When we signed him, we were questioning the wisdom of signing such an old LB.

I strongly suspect that he might have been signed with a view to easing Costa into a new league.

I obviously don't have anything to back up this idle speculation but it seems to me that the return of Luis to AM was probably pre-ordained. When we signed him, we were questioning the wisdom of signing such an old LB.

I strongly suspect that he might have been signed with a view to easing Costa into a new league.

What about Courtois? :pac:

He was at Atleti too and as far as I know speaks Spanish, Costa has enough Spanish/Brazilian buddies too rally around that I think we took a punt on him to have the numbers at the back and experience. Azp and Ivan missed barely any matches so Luis game time was very limited.

Palace reportedly bringing in conor wickham from sunderland.

Would effect Bamfords playing time if it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Would leave Sunderland very exposed if they do I would have thought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Hmmmm maybe :)

https://twitter.com/cpfc/status/626830854543802368

22min Hat trick for Bamford too. Good going.

Actually only took 14mins to get the hatrick :o

Looking forward to Sunday now. Should be a decent game. I expect us to get the job done in truth but if there was ever a time for Wenger to break the Jose streak then surely Sunday is the place to do it.

A meaningless trophy.

Vitesse were destroyed by Sputhampton last night too.

Baker and Brown both started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Looking forward to Sunday now. Should be a decent game. I expect us to get the job done in truth but if there was ever a time for Wenger to break the Jose streak then surely Sunday is the place to do it.

A meaningless trophy.

Defeat is not an option..... ever!!

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Defeat is not an option..... ever!!

Oh I agree, I dont wana lose the game at all but if you gimme a choice of losing this or 2 of the EPL games, I'd happily be tonked 6-0 and win 6pts off them in the coming months.

As described before, I've a lot riding on sunday

duploelabs wrote: »
    As described before, I've a lot riding on sunday

Community shield doesnt do extra time sure it doesnt? Its straight to penalties?

Courtois with the winner :pac:

Would be a sickener if cech came up trumps if it came to a shootout

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Would be a sickener if cech came up trumps if it came to a shootout

Who better knows our penalty takers than Cech.

We're f**ked :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'm actually hoping for a win Sunday. Hopefully just 1-0 tho , wouldn't like to embarrass Cech on his debut :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I'm actually hoping for a win Sunday. Hopefully just 1-0 tho , wouldn't like to embarrass Cech on his debut :D

I would.

See a handy win for us to be honest we seem to be moving through the gears quite nicely in pre season.

I see the Everton fans have joined their chums across the park in the Chelsea are a small club / no history mantra which is quite humorous coming from a club with only 1 trophy to their name in over 25 years and only 1 European trophy ever.

Got me to ponder though what actually constitutes a big club?

Obviously considering Chelsea to be a small club with no history is petty jealousy. For me at the moment in England there are 4 big clubs the biggest without a doubt is United followed by ourselves then City and Arsenal. 2 in Spain, 1 in France, 1 in Germany (cant really count Dortmund much as I would like to) and 1 in Italy. Realistically these are the clubs which will compete for the biggest trophies in football with a genuine chance of winning them. Thanks to FFP it is increasingly difficult for other clubs to breach the gap which is a shame.

Then there are the historical clubs if you like in England certainly there is 4 or 5 the two main Liverpool clubs, Leeds perhaps, certainly Newcastle maybe Wednesday further back the likes of Huddersfield , Preston and Blackpool.

Is it reasonable to say if you are not winning things consistently you are not a big club, its actually an interesting question.

Costa and Cahill fit for Sunday apparently
    Wont talk about Stones at all
    Want to buy a LB but wont elaborate

TSHO just going through the motions seems quite narky

Latest tv Games announced

Southampton (h) - now Saturday 3 October - 5.30pm kick-off - live on Sky Sports.

*please note, if Southampton reach the group stages of the Europa League, this game will take place at 12 noon on Sunday 4 October.

Liverpool (h) - now Saturday 31 October - 12.45pm kick-off - live on BT Sports.

Stoke City (a) - now Saturday 7 November - 5.30pm kick-off - live on Sky Sports.

Tottenham (a) - now Sunday 29 November - 12 noon kick-off - live on BT Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I would.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Who better knows our penalty takers than Cech.

We're f**ked :o:o

Jose, if anybody would have a plan for that.
    Could see a strange list of penalty takers should it get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

See a handy win for us to be honest we seem to be moving through the gears quite nicely in pre season.

I see the Everton fans have joined their chums across the park in the Chelsea are a small club / no history mantra which is quite humorous coming from a club with only 1 trophy to their name in over 25 years and only 1 European trophy ever.

Got me to ponder though what actually constitutes a big club?

Obviously considering Chelsea to be a small club with no history is petty jealousy. For me at the moment in England there are 4 big clubs the biggest without a doubt is United followed by ourselves then City and Arsenal. 2 in Spain, 1 in France, 1 in Germany (cant really count Dortmund much as I would like to) and 1 in Italy. Realistically these are the clubs which will compete for the biggest trophies in football with a genuine chance of winning them. Thanks to FFP it is increasingly difficult for other clubs to breach the gap which is a shame.

Then there are the historical clubs if you like in England certainly there is 4 or 5 the two main Liverpool clubs, Leeds perhaps, certainly Newcastle maybe Wednesday further back the likes of Huddersfield , Preston and Blackpool.

Is it reasonable to say if you are not winning things consistently you are not a big club, its actually an interesting question.

I'd say Atletico have every bit as much a chance of winning this seasons CL as Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City. I'd also say that Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG and Juventus are ahead of those clubs too.

• Advertisement

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Jose, if anybody would have a plan for that.
    Could see a strange list of penalty takers should it get that far.

Courtois, Zouma, Cahill, Azp and Falcao ;)

In that order. :pac:

I'd say Atletico have every bit as much a chance of winning this seasons CL as Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City. I'd also say that Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG and Juventus are ahead of those clubs too.

Would say Barca and RM are the rest are similar in many ways with United perhaps at the back of the pack at present as they really are still in the rebuilding phase. From a financial aspect United are certainly at worst 3rd.

It is not really the point though in which order you would rank the clubs as they are by and large big clubs and IF they put a run together certainly have the players and set up to challenge? My query was how do you define a large club?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Would say Barca and RM are the rest are similar in many ways with United perhaps at the back of the pack at present as they really are still in the rebuilding phase. From a financial aspect United are certainly at worst 3rd.

It is not really the point though in which order you would rank the clubs as they are by and large big clubs and IF they put a run together certainly have the players and set up to challenge? My query was how do you define a large club?

If you're looking for what defines a big club it's based on your own perspective. To a 60 year old fan Man City, PSG and Chelsea are a new phenomenon whereas to a 10 year old Man City, PSG and Chelsea being top teams has always been the way. You can create a whole list of criteria such as fan support, recent success, past success, finances ect. but there's no set list of "big clubs."

If you're looking for what defines a big club it's based on your own perspective. To a 60 year old fan Man City, PSG and Chelsea are a new phenomenon whereas to a 10 year old Man City, PSG and Chelsea being top teams has always been the way. You can create a whole list of criteria such as fan support, recent success, past success, finances ect. but there's no set list of "big clubs."

PSG were only founded in the 70s, theyre the newest of new money around. Theyve won the last 3 titles in France but they should easily be winning it for the foreseeable future.

Theyve little to no competition that can sustain a challenge to them.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why?

Why not? I've the upmost respect for petr but that's no reason not to wish he's on the end of a trashing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think we'll lose on Sunday to be honest. Similar to last years one when they played City I think Arsenal will be well up for winning this one and take a cagey game 2-1.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I think we'll lose on Sunday to be honest. Similar to last years one when they played City I think Arsenal will be well up for winning this one and take a cagey game 2-1.

To be honest I don't think it's a gimme and arsenal will be more of a treat this year but I think we should have enough to win. I hope;)

Pat Jennings reckons Cech is netter. No issue with that but the scoring is terrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3181677/Thibaut-Courtois-vs-Petr-Cech-Pat-Jennings-offers-insight-goalkeepers-ahead-Arsenal-vs-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Both gks get a 9 for shot stopping, no issue
    Both get an 8 for dstribution, fair enough
    Cech gets a netter acore for organising his defence, again, fair imo.

Now this is where it goes a bad, wrong, very wrong.

Both get the same score for coming off their line, Courtois is much better than cech at this, hes much quicker too.

Both get the same acore for aerial ability, again, courtois, IMO is better than cech at this, all to often a simple ball in and cech is routed to his line. Courtois is more comfortable under high balls IMO.

Right now theres not much between them and i dont want to belittle cech before sunday but courtois was the clear choice for us for the foreseeable future.

Thats a lot of money for a backup full back.

Although we'll probably end up with Stones for over 30m so 2 defenders in for about 50m and neither will start. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement