Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

If we can't get Pogba can we please get Tielemans? Start a new campaign Gav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

You know what... for a 21 year old, two footed left back in today's market then maybe that fee isn't too bad. Transfer fees are only rising lads, in a year or two that fee might not look so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pat Jennings reckons Cech is netter. No issue with that but the scoring is terrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3181677/Thibaut-Courtois-vs-Petr-Cech-Pat-Jennings-offers-insight-goalkeepers-ahead-Arsenal-vs-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Both gks get a 9 for shot stopping, no issue
    Both get an 8 for dstribution, fair enough
    Cech gets a netter acore for organising his defence, again, fair imo.

Now this is where it goes a bad, wrong, very wrong.

Both get the same score for coming off their line, Courtois is much better than cech at this, hes much quicker too.

Both get the same acore for aerial ability, again, courtois, IMO is better than cech at this, all to often a simple ball in and cech is routed to his line. Courtois is more comfortable under high balls IMO.

Right now theres not much between them and i dont want to belittle cech before sunday but courtois was the clear choice for us for the foreseeable future.

100% wrong on the last one. He may have been closer to Courtois before the head injury but still not in the same league.

I personally don't think Cech is gonna go there and be an instant success. I think there will be a learning curve for him and the defense.

Cech relies on defenses playing quite deep and Arsenal play a bit further up then us. Cech used to make a lot of errors when the likes of AVB and Scolari were managing us so I'm hoping he has a nervy start for them on Sunday.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Need a BLUES fix?

The Cup Final (Chelsea v Notts County) is live now on BBC1............... The Ladies Cup Final :o

250ittle_britain_emily.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lukker- wrote: »
    100% wrong on the last one. He may have been closer to Courtois before the head injury but still not in the same league.

I personally don't think Cech is gonna go there and be an instant success. I think there will be a learning curve for him and the defense.

Cech relies on defenses playing quite deep and Arsenal play a bit further up then us. Cech used to make a lot of errors when the likes of AVB and Scolari were managing us so I'm hoping he has a nervy start for them on Sunday.

Absolutely TBo is possibly the best in the world coming off his line and commanding his area. Goes through everything and uses his height to great effect. That is not and has not been for some time the best of Petr's game.

Petr is a great keeper and as said before would improve most teams in the world but there is a reason TBo is between our sticks now when it was us that had the choice.

RichT wrote: »
    Need a BLUES fix?

The Cup Final (Chelsea v Notts County) is live now on BBC1............... The Ladies Cup Final :o

250ittle_britain_emily.jpg

1 up scored by the player of the year playing in a #10 shirt go figure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thats a lot of money for a backup full back.

Although we'll probably end up with Stones for over 30m so 2 defenders in for about 50m and neither will start. :pac:

2 years time we'll prob need a new full back, Ivan can't go forever, and youths like Aina and Dasilva mightn't be ready then so might as well get in someone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

1 up scored by the player of the year playing in a #10 shirt go figure

Well deserved win, crap enough game but who cares, thats the Ladies first trophy, of many hopefully.

• Advertisement

The other Hazard scored for Gladbach in a preseason against Newcastle too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hes going to be expensive and probably sit on the bench for 12months like Luis but hes held in pretty high regard in Germany.

£17m is a lot to be paying for a bench warming LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Goals and highlights from the Women's Cup Final today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

How about that Wallace dude? He's a rb isn't he ? How's he getting on where ever he's on loan

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How about that Wallace dude? He's a rb isn't he ? How's he getting on where ever he's on loan

Hes going out again on loan. Probably wont .ake it with us though at this rate.

Wallace hasn't shown anything from any of his loan spells. I imagine he'll be farmed out and eventually sold.

Apparently Kenedy can qualify for a permit straight away.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/8/2/9085083/kenedy-chelsea-work-permit

• Advertisement

Apparently Kenedy can qualify for a permit straight away.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/8/2/9085083/kenedy-chelsea-work-permit

would there be space for both him and Traore in the squad ? Traore will find it hard enough to get game time if Moses stays so can't imagine Kenedy will stay

Kenedy and Traore, both U21 wouldnt count towards the non-hg slots, neither would moses, which leaves Cuadrado, Hazard and Willian as non-hgs.

who likely to miss out of those 3 I wonder:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Taught kenedy looked the real deal against Barcelona, I'd say Jose smiled when he shouldered Suarez off the ball when he was bearing in on goal.

Is the game on sky at all ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is the game on sky at all ?

nope, on BTSport2 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

nope, on BTSport2 :mad:

just saw this morning I'll need btsports to watch the champions league now too T-T, always thought the shield was free to air to air too before

• Advertisement

Yea BT making it difficult lot of football and rugby on it now will have to give serious thought to getting it bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I gave up on sky this year, was giving them over €100 per month and still not getting all the matches. Bought myself a free view box that "connects to the Internet" instead.

No complaints, better side won today, Arsenal had about 3 or 4 good chances could easily have won by more.

Happy enough with the performance but Remy and Falcao werent up to costa standards today at all.

We looked rusty. Arsenal have a couple of more games then us so far in pre season and it showed. Kinda glad we still have to play Fiorentina because we need it. I couldn't get over Remy being offside about 12 times, shocking altogether.

We looked rusty. Arsenal have a couple of more games then us so far in pre season and it showed. Kinda glad we still have to play Fiorentina because we need it. I couldn't get over Remy being offside about 12 times, shocking altogether.

Hazard and Cesc were poor Ramires were terrible, only willian was doing ok from the support players.

Remy and Falcao both got no service, Id expect Hazard and Ramires to bury both their chances during the season with more football and more rest under their belts.

All and all a good run around, performance was ok but we were beaten by a better side.

Nobody will really mind though, it will be all about the 2 league games between us, I'd imagine if you offered Jose or Wenger 6pts or the community shield, you know what both would pick.

Fiorentina during the week and Swansea next weekend, football is back lads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

1139945.jpg

Fiorentina during the week and Swansea next weekend, football is back lads. :)

That game on in the states ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

the_monkey wrote: »
    1139945.jpg

giphy.gif

the_monkey wrote: »
    That game on in the states ?

The bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gosplan wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Hey man.....get off the monkeys back....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I'm beginning to think that instead of that stupid end of season tour, the players should have been given that time off and perhaps come back a week or so earlier for pre-season?

This time last year they had 5 games under their belts and had another 5 before the season started. This year, including Wednesday's match, the pre-season will have been just 5 games total.

That coupled with the lack of strengthening of the squad makes me a little worried heading into the new season.

Fiorentina will probably see wide enough spread changes. Might see Kenedy involved at some stage, probably Traore too.

Crackle wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that instead of that stupid end of season tour, the players should have been given that time off and perhaps come back a week or so earlier for pre-season?

This time last year they had 5 games under their belts and had another 5 before the season started. This year, including Wednesday's match, the pre-season will have been just 5 games total.

That coupled with the lack of strengthening of the squad makes me a little worried heading into the new season.

I think we'll be ok anyway. Good to get games under the belt. Swansea wont be an easy game next saturday at 5.30 but i cant wait for now truth be told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Honestly looking at the game and the amount of games under each others belt I'd say Chelsea will be happier. Mourinho said his team were the better team - and he was right. Considering how off the pace some players still are that's saying quite a bit. The question is whether the players will be more on the pace in the coming weeks.

Arsenal on the other hand, still badly need a DM. Cech was a great signing though cannot understand why ye let him go there. He alone will make Arsenal more competitive than last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Apparently London is red.....PMSL

Did Jose try to bury the hatchet? ....

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Hey man.....get off the monkeys back....!

V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Turtwig wrote: »
    Honestly looking at the game and the amount of games under each others belt I'd say Chelsea will be happier. Mourinho said his team were the better team - and he was right. Considering how off the pace some players still are that's saying quite a bit. The question is whether the players will be more on the pace in the coming weeks.

Arsenal on the other hand, still badly need a DM. Cech was a great signing though cannot understand why ye let him go there. He alone will make Arsenal more competitive than last season.

Don't think there was a better team. Arsenal scored first and defended well enough.

But Arsenal defo happier. Simply to have that monkey off their backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Thought we did okay in spells yesterday but not good enough overall. Remy was horrendous and played himself into the number 3 slot. Ramires was just as bad and I actually thought his complete lack of positioning made it harder for matic to do his job too. I don't think playing that eleven for the big games is the right way to go this year.

Thought arsenal did a very good job of suffocating the game, without Costa and hazard having a quiet game we really didn't have any way to break through.

Pros: willian looked good and Terry and cahill looked better than preseason.

Cons: ramires, Remy, no protection for the back 4.

I reckon Ramores wont play the big games this year if thats the level of performances hes going to put in. He was beyond useless.

Mikel or Zouma should get the nod next to Matic, hell play Cesc there and instruct Oscar to drop a little deeper to help them out if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

What do Chelsea fans think about Stones now? Looks like Mou has given up the chase. I think it's a trap though and a third bid is incoming.

Wenger went to a playground to celebrate apparently ..he was having a great time on the swings and monkey bars ...

Ranchu wrote: »
    What do Chelsea fans think about Stones now? Looks like Mou has given up the chase. I think it's a trap though and a third bid is incoming.

I reckon therell be a 3rd bid alright wether itll be a success or not is questionable.

Everton clearly dont wanna sell no matter what the price and Chelsea probably have a price they dont wanna go over.

We do need cover in the back weve only 5 senior defenders in the squad at present so I reckon we'll get either Rahman or Stones, probably not both and Rahman is more likely but noth transfers will drag on for some time until probably the window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The shocking thing about yesterday was the thing that a lot of people identified as being a key problem last season, that being the question mark about who partners Matic in midfield in big games. Yesterday Mourinho went with Ramires and he's so clearly not up to it, he's a liability on the ball and yet there he is in central midfield! He doesn't trust Fabregas in there, he played Zouma a few times in there but that absolutely is not the answer. Aside from replacing Drogba and Cech, this was the most obvious area of the squad that needs improving, yes it would require big money to sign a top quality player but when the goal is to improve the team this is the area that was most clearly in dire need. I'm not looking forward to another season of seeing Mikel/Ramires/Zouma languish in midfield against top opposition.

The shocking thing about yesterday was the thing that a lot of people identified as being a key problem last season, that being the question mark about who partners Matic in midfield in big games. Yesterday Mourinho went with Ramires and he's so clearly not up to it, he's a liability on the ball and yet there he is in central midfield! He doesn't trust Fabregas in there, he played Zouma a few times in there but that absolutely is not the answer. Aside from replacing Drogba and Cech, this was the most obvious area of the squad that needs improving, yes it would require big money to sign a top quality player but when the goal is to improve the team this is the area that was most clearly in dire need. I'm not looking forward to another season of seeing Mikel/Ramires/Zouma languish in midfield against top opposition.

A few weeks ago we were linked with Axel Witsel, he'd be an upgrade on what's there. Ditto for Schneiderlin, dunno why we never went near him, he's HG too so a very handy player to have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I find it hard to believe our window is closed. There is no upgrade on a season where our flaws were evident, not least our inability to compete in the UCL. Of course, other premiership teams will have to demonstrate that they have improved and can overtake us domestically. But if we don't maintain solidity at the back, upgrade in midfield (if only to give Cesc and Matic space, and more tactical options for the team overall), and get quality cover for Costa, I fear we're risking slipping back into the pack.

No, I think at least two major signings are in the offing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement