Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I tell ye one thing for nothing , don't know who will be winning the PL next season , but won't be CHELSEA

Joke of a team

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ah yeah, howya monkey. I meant to tell you I named my son's favourite toy for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lads that zoumba moment needs gif treatment.

Or does epl restrictions apply on those too? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Poor performance. Only about 4 or 5 players of the 20 that played were anyway decent.

Not good enough really.

Better players were begovic, zouma, aina, moses, matic.

Honourable mention to ramires for being even worse than mikel and cuadrado.

Any chance fiorentina take cuadrado back with them later to italy?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well that was such a dreadful performance , the less I say on it the better :o

• Advertisement

Played 4 pre season games, 2 losses 2 draws.

Lost the community shield too.

Poor pre season really, Saturday is a different kettle of fish but if Hazard hasnt been in the gym all summer hes f**ked coz hes going to be carrying the team again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Played 4 pre season games, 2 losses 2 draws.

Lost the community shield too.

Poor pre season really, Saturday is a different kettle of fish but if Hazard hasnt been in the gym all summer hes f**ked coz hes going to be carrying the team again.

Played 10 last year , we don't look sharp what so ever :mad:

Jose will be livid.

Last year we were very lively and open. I can imagine he'll go back to parking the bus for swansea which is very negative but i think ots how we'll play until we find a rhythm.

Jose doesnt know if costa will be available saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What was the reasoning for playing so few friendlies this year?

Not like Mourinho to mess up like that. Usually he's meticulous in planning.

• Advertisement

Gave the players longer rests by the looks of it.

Season starting earlier doesnt help but were only back in pre season about 2 days before we flew to america.

Wont be too bothered once we turn up saturday but the build up has been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

didn't the players arrive back later, as well as the season starting earlier

plus their was that stupid end of season tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The short pre season could have something to do with the pointless ($$) post season tour we did.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That end of season tour was also a total waste of time and energy. I know it's a money game but if it means we're rushing to find our feet coming into the season, fcuk that.

That end of season tour was also a total waste of time and energy. I know it's a money game but if it means we're rushing to find our feet coming into the season, fcuk that.

For sure. Only way in my eyes it could be justified is if we signed someone with the proceeds.

I guess Roman has put enough into the club, it's time that he be allowed reap the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

So many deficiencies in the team

So many players not good enough Cuadrado, mikel, Ramires, jesus remy looks awful now

Think we didn't do well in the market this summer we could pay for it soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I don't think Remy is awful. I actually rate him quite highly. The problem tonight was with delivery into the striker. Falcao looked up for it and same as Remy, did something with the ball when he got it if you leave out Remy's uncharacteristic miss late on.

Starting a doozer like Mikel tonight was a massive mistake when his CM partner was a young lad looking to break through, having had a poor return of form in the senior team, imo. Mikel made RLC look like siht and it was very unfair to him having to play as a holding MF on his own, effectively.

I'm sure José must see how much Mikel has dropped away from being a decent DMF who can hold the ball up to release players for counters to a player who cannot even complete a sideways pass of 4 yards in his own half.

We were dominant in the last 20 tonight but it wasn't through quality, it was because Fiorentina sat back and defended almost impeccably.

We had a fair few swing-and-a-miss moments tonight from our main players and pre-season or otherwise, it begs questions. Hazard, Fàbregas, Matic etc all made horrendous mistakes when we needed a goal against a lesser team. They all need a tough couple of weeks training to be anywhere near the team expected to retain the title but we've a really tough start to the season.

I really just hope tonight was a pantomime calamity of errors with the Benny Hill theme playing otherwise, we could be in serious trouble early this coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Hope this is the wake up call to make some signings.

Where's a Witsel-type player to kill off Mikel once and for all?
    How they're not in for Pedro is ridiculous...
    And just pay the fee for Stones before somebody else has a bad start and realises they want him after all..

On a brighter note, Falcao's movement does seem decent, and can only improve with a bit of time.

Everytime i see ramires in possesion a part of me dies. His 1st touch is so poor his 2nd touch is usually a tackle.

The only thing that might work in our favour is someone will take the pre-season results seriously and under estimate us. However as our start to the season is actually didficult i dont think it will be either swansea or man city.

Worse case scenario is costa is rushed back, give him time. Last year we stumbled through games without him, its not lretty or effective, by and large but there no point risk doing him more damage by playing him.

Team for saturday has 8 certanties for me.

Courtois
    Ivan cahill jt azp
    Matic ??
    Willian ?? Hazard
    ??

Now cesc will be either number 8 or 10 which leaves us probably with ramires or oscar for the other position, what i suggest however is play Moses and throw willian or hazard at 10 and cesc in cm. If anyone from the pre season deserves minutes its him, hes looked lively and willing to create something and he works well up the flank.

Upfront its one of falcao or remy. Im leaning towards falcao right now if costa is out but both look very rusty right now in different aspects of their games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Team I'd go with

Tbo
    Ivan jt cahil azp
    Matic cesc
    Willian oscar hazard
    Falcao

As you said gav we could throw moses in and move William to CAM but Id rather oscar start. He had a decent pre season imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Always had faith in Moses.
    Didn't we lads?!

Bad state of affairs when mosesis the brightest part of your pre season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

There's a few decent understudy's at the back but none with the kind of quality Luis could slot in with.No signings in defence could be a bit of a disaster,look very thin there.They'll probably get Stones.

I'm comfortable with Zouma covering the entire back line until Rahman is signed. Hopefully Stones is signed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Moses to me is a player with the right attitude, which perhaps he didn't have 2 seasons ago. Came to a big club perhaps he thought he had it made poor season follows then a loan to two smaller PL teams one which sort of worked and one which certainly didn't.

Now he is back perhaps he thinks that he is drinking at the last chance saloon, he was one of the few over pre season who looked like they gave a rats ass. That is to be commended to be fair if he keeps it up he will get game time, he may never be another Hazard but he is certainly well above Caulrado in the pecking order. I was quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as it must be tough to hit the ground running mid way through a season in a new league / country. But his pre season has been desperate - but then with very few exceptions so has everyone elses.

Would not be confident too much ahead of Saturday we are in no shape as yet.

For Mikels overall lack of quality, Ramires is the biggest WTF in the squad. If hes still around here next year I'll be shocked, amazed and devasted in equal measure.

Last year he had an illness so got the benefit of the doubt slightly but hes had the summer off and like some of the guys have come back worse. His decision making and basic football understanding is sub standard for a player at this level IMO.

You'll struggle to find a worse CM player for any of the top clubs in Europe than Ramires and what makes it worse we've got two of them if you count Mikel also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Think the autopsy of last night has been well covered over the last few pages but my own 2c: Definitely concerned again after last night, everything in the middle of the pitch was dreadful with the only glimmers of hope coming from the wings and some ok performances at the back. For a team playing 3 players in the middle and 2 wingers who like to cut in there never seemed to be any options for the man on the ball. We've struggled all preseason with teams putting us under pressure on the ball so I'd expect every team this year to be giving that a go and it's in those scenarios where Cesc Matic and Oscar really need to be on there game, no loose touches or stray passes, just cool retention of possession.

In years gone by it's been Drogba/Costa up front to hold up the ball and let the team join the attack. Remy is the polar opposite in that (like Torres) he'd prefer to only ever have 1 touch as he finishes a through ball. Falcao looks more willing but from his willingness to shoot we might as well be playing 6 in midfield.

Really see Fab being pivotal to our year, if he's on form we'll pass the ball around and eventually unlock a team. If he's having a bad day (or worse Ramires is doing his job) then we're going to be panicking on the ball and constantly under pressure, not only losing possession but also unable to get into the right positions to score.

Predicting 5 points max from our first 3 games which will have given other teams the jump on us, already that home tie to Arsenal could make or break the first half of the year.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/tika-musonda-chelsea-football/

And for anyone sick of thinking about preseason/non-transfers, have a read of this one. Would have seen Musonda's name around our Youth Cup teams but had no idea of his injuries/history. Good longish read for the lunch hours (or coffee break).

• Advertisement

For Mikels overall lack of quality, Ramires is the biggest WTF in the squad. If hes still around here next year I'll be shocked, amazed and devasted in equal measure.

Last year he had an illness so got the benefit of the doubt slightly but hes had the summer off and like some of the guys have come back worse. His decision making and basic football understanding is sub standard for a player at this level IMO.

You'll struggle to find a worse CM player for any of the top clubs in Europe than Ramires and what makes it worse we've got two of them if you count Mikel also.

Ramires out and a top quality CM needs to be bought in next year imo. Mikel I think still has his place (coming on with 10 to go when we're desperately shutting up shop and also as cover for Matic, no one else has the discipline to just stay back apart from Zouma).

Ramires on the other hand excels at nothing that others can't do. If you're looking for someone to runaround we have a squad full of those players. Physically he's quick and slight, again we have plenty of those and who would offer better presence in the holding role or further up the pitch. His passing is just too erratic for a player in the middle of the pitch (or anywhere tbf), the ball through for Remy was great last night and yet he'll sell players short and then ping a ball 50 yards long in the next pass. His shooting is very similar, positionally he's horrendous, whilst his workrate is good his temper costs him mentally.

Chelsea fantasy football league : 2359-1335

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Chelsea fantasy football league : 2359-1335

If you're using the same account as last year it'll automatically subscribe you

duploelabs wrote: »
    If you're using the same account as last year it'll automatically subscribe you

Just put it out there incase anyone new wants to join :)

Can't remember coming into a new season so undercooked with so many problems..we'll do well to win Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pre season means fvck all . 3 points Saturday no problem , calm down everybody

rahman-stones-winger ....and go on then pogba to be signed before sept 1 BOOM

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

I reckon Rahman is the only signing left this window. Stones to come nest summer probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Ah yeah, howya monkey. I meant to tell you I named my son's favourite toy for you.

You mean after me ?

Swansea I reckon will be pushing top 6 this year they'll be very good Saturday and it wont be a stroll. This is one of our most difficult starts I can remember in a very long time, I do think we'll win Saturday though but it wont be convincing or easy on the eye. I agree on Stones and Rahman, but I wonder does playing Aina and Traore at FB show that we're not going to be bent over for the Rahman fee? It shows if we have to, we can make tough calls at both FB positions. CB is a different ball game, you can get away with an ok FB if hes supported by the CM and winger infront of him, if we have to pair Zouma with someone make shift or even Ivanovic we could be killed in CB.
    hots wrote: »
    I reckon Rahman is the only signing left this window. Stones to come nest summer probably.

I think Stones will be pushe dover the line before or soon after the City game, I'm going to say at the latest Monday 17th August, a 3rd bid has been mentioned but nothing has been confirmed by either party.

I reckon the 3rd will be the last bid and it might will be saying to Everton, name your price, if its an astronomical price we're quoted we'll pull out, where that leaves us Ive no idea but I'm confident one way or another we'll get Stones.

Looking at Baines, Coleman and Fellaini, even when interest was reported in them none of them pushed for a transfer, even Fellaini was a deadline day buy for well over his earlier buy out clause, Everton do well to keep their best assets so I'd hope if a 3rd bid is lodged its the last, with or without Stones, if we go down to deadline day we'll end up paying even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Salah on loan to Roma confirmed with an option to buy at any point during the season.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/salah-in-roma-loan-.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Johner wrote: »
    Salah on loan to Roma confirmed with an option to buy at any point during the season.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/salah-in-roma-loan-.html

Hopefully they buy him before the loan starts.
    Heeeeee .

• Advertisement

Id take salah over cuadrado at this stage being honest.

Some fellas just arent cut out for the epl and cuadrado seems like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Id take salah over cuadrado at this stage being honest.

Some fellas just arent cut out for the epl and cuadrado seems like that.

Didn't Jose say if one left . One would come in

Didn't Jose say if one left . One would come in

I think traore or moses will be the one.

Neither was here last year.

I think apart from rahman and stones we wont go to the market again, whether thats right or wrong is highly debtable though.

I think traore or moses will be the one.

Neither was here last year.

I think apart from rahman and stones we wont go to the market again, whether thats right or wrong is highly debtable though.

I can see us in trouble in so many positions this year if we leave it the way it is.

Central midfield we need someone to pair with Matic if he isn't going to use Matic there.

Cuadrado not good enough don't know why we didn't go for Pedro as he is available.

Serious trouble upfront if Costa's fitness issues continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Fúcked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I can see us in trouble in so many positions this year if we leave it the way it is.

Central midfield we need someone to pair with Matic if he isn't going to use Matic there.

Cuadrado not good enough don't know why we didn't go for Pedro as he is available.

Serious trouble upfront if Costa's fitness issues continue.

Better options than having that cheat in the team IMO, 11 goals last year in 50 apps playing for Barcelona is quite a poor return (A hat-trick against the mighty Huesca included :D).

Pedros a good option to have but the problem is he probably wants to play as much as possible and its something we cant ensure he'll get if he joins us.

I trust Jose to be able to manage the squad.

I hate harping on but retaining the league is a huge ask and a pretty special thing to do. Only Fergie and Jose have managed to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Carlo would've done it if they invested in his second season, look how that turned out

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement