Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Oh oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Chelsea allready paying for doing nothing during the summer.
    No way we can challenge, between City and Arsenal.

I'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Early days obviously. But in some important ways this is a make or break year for CFC. We can't afford to regress, or the mega-clubs will be in for key players like Hazard. There's plenty of time to the end of the window, but there are obvious holes to fill. Today has some omens. Lack of forward focus. Not putting games away. Vital home points dropped. Already looking like chasing a much tighter pack this year. Can't say I'm confident, especially if we don't close some top quality deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Agree mostly with Jose there, Oscar and willian were great in the first half but once again I thought we were lacking in midfield. Matic still isn't quite there and fab wasn't good at all even when we were playing well as a team.

Ivan also completely shown up, the goals and heroics last year definitely papered over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

hots wrote: »
    Agree mostly with Jose there, Oscar and willian were great in the first half but once again I thought we were lacking in midfield. Matic still isn't quite there and fab wasn't good at all even when we were playing well as a team.

Ivan also completely shown up, the goals and heroics last year definitely papered over that.

Ivan is past it imho. Hes good defensively most of the time but Jesus going forward he's painful to watch..

I'd be tempted to bring in a top class left back and move dave back over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Think people are getting a bit carried away after just one match.

Yeah, it wasn't great but we were leading with 11 men. Fair enough, Swansea were doing better after the break but we were still 2-1 up and had done enough to be ahead. I think with ten men we obviously lost that extra room for manouevre and couldn't push ahead again once they equalised.

The red card was a massive factor in the final score and I wouldn't worry too much about the team on the basis of today's circumstances.

Willian was poor, got lucky for that goal and obviously cost us big time in the peno incident. Courtois seemed clueless when he came out for that "challenge". It's an all or nothing challenge, not dangle a foot out. Costa didn't seem fit and was not in the right mood for a match today. His diving about really got on my tits when if he'd actually focused, he might have been able to do something productive. Hazard doesn't look to be at full fitness yet and Fabregas was pretty much invisible for large parts.

I was impressed by Begovic when he came in. He looked confident and seemed to do well organising his defence. Oscar impressed me too, I thought taking him off and leaving Willian on was a big mistake, Oscar was showing more at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Ivan is past it imho. Hes good defensively most of the time but Jesus going forward he's painful to watch..

Ara Sttttaaaaahop!
    He was our 7th top scorer in all comps last season....SEVENTH!:eek:

:pac:

First day of the new season, none too bothered yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rottie 11 wrote: »

Montero had him in his pocket most of the day, he could turn on Ivan at his ease

Mourinho loves him though so no chance of being out of the team, yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11792452/Jose-Mourinho-criticises-Chelsea-physio-Eva-Carneiro-after-Swansea-draw.html
    Jose Mourinho was unhappy that Eva Carneiro entered the pitch to treat Eden Hazard as Chelsea were defending a set piece...

Mourinho was incensed on the touchline, but focussed his attention on Carneiro’s decision to try to treat Eden Hazard in stoppage time, as 10-man Chelsea held on for a point....

“I wasn't happy with my medical staff because even if you are a medical doctor or secretary on the bench, you have to understand the game,” said Chelsea manager Mourinho.
    “If you go to the pitch to assist a player, then you must be sure that a player has a serious problem. I was sure that Eden didn't have a serious problem. He had a knock and was very tired.
    “My medical department left me with eight fit outfield players in a counter attack after a set piece and we were worried we didn't have enough players left.”

Legitimate?

Or example #2,578 of one classless man's stunts to distract from his inadequacies.

That or his ability to diagnose from 50 metres is most impressive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11792452/Jose-Mourinho-criticises-Chelsea-physio-Eva-Carneiro-after-Swansea-draw.html

Legitimate?

Or example #2,578 of one classless man's stunts to distract from his inadequacies.

That or his ability to diagnose from 50 metres is most impressive.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

In fairness, Jose should shut the fak up sometimes!

Fuct if he stays silent and fuct if he doesn't.
    #Justice4Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

JT26 wrote: »
    who pissed in your cornflakes?

Im usually a milk guy, but when I do take pee with my cornflakes I use my own.
    Otherwise, thats just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well that was seriously disappointing today. You could tell in pre season that the team don't look anywhere near their sharpest and that showed again here. To be honest I'm amazed we found 2 goals (there was an element of luck in both) because we had looked toothless in the last couple of friendlies. Being more open and expansive and playing Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Fabregas all in the same team is great but if the rest of the team isn't suited to that brand of football you end up with mistakes and a disjointed performance and that's what we got here. It's pretty clear that the trio of Ivanovic/Cahill/Terry struggle big time when they are left exposed against attacking players, when the team plays defensively in a tight shape you see the best of this trio but here they were exposed pretty badly due to the team's approach. The "who will partner Matic" dilemma also shows no signs of abating, Fabregas didn't convince in that role today and would probably be better off higher up the pitch. At least Costa played so that was a plus, they finished the game strong, 1 point is better than 0 but still the lack of upgrades to the squad and the rather short pre season could come back to bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea fantasy football league : 2359-1335

Was on an all day sesh yesterday and didn't finalise my team, you lads have a chance this year! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Im usually a milk guy, but when I do take pee with my cornflakes I use my own.
    Otherwise, thats just weird.

Funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Easy to blame Willian for being too far back for the red card incident but he has been covering Ivan for about two years as Ivan is always out of position so he will make the odd slip. If Ivan could actually defend I think we would see a much better more attacking Willian. You rarely see those cock ups on the other side as Dave is first and foremost a proper defender.

Yes TSHO does like him but I think he just is not disciplined enough to be a high quality right back.

We were poor enough yesterday but credit also goes to Swansea they will do very well this season Monk is doing an excellent job there if they had a proper centre forward they would re really dangerous.

As for the match the ref Oliver was poor (as he always is) red was very very harsh Cahill was covering a heavy touch going away from goal, yellow all day but never a red. By the same token Hazard being taken out at will with no protection at all from.

As for the insane comments re TSHO having a pop at the medical team, Sky smelt controversy as he was quite upset on the line. They obviously though he was mad at the ref for letting yet another horrendous challenge on Hazard slip by so asked him why was he so irate and he answered. No big deal he obviously wanted all our players on the pitch for one last effort to win the game. Storm in a tea cup why try and make more of it than what it is, obviously TSHO is easy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ivanovic isnt good enough defensively any more. A pacey winger will destroy him every time. And I dont mean a world class pacey winger like Robben or Bale.....I mean any pacey winger as seen yesterday.

The answer is to sign a left back and move Azpilicueta over. A left back is needed regardless, so why not sign a really good one and allow one of the best defenders in the league to play in his natural position?

• Advertisement

Would love to see Dave on the right if only to see what a Willian who is not playing RB could do, I think we would see the Wilian that tore us apart playing for Shaktar would come to the front and what an asset that would be. Either that or just cut to the quick and play Willian RB either way Ivan should only be a back up against teams who will sit back. The world and his dog knows that is not how Swansea play.

Kirby wrote: »
    Ivanovic isnt good enough defensively any more. A pacey winger will destroy him every time. And I dont mean a world class pacey winger like Robben or Bale.....I mean any pacey winger as seen yesterday.

The answer is to sign a left back and move Azpilicueta over. A left back is needed regardless, so why not sign a really good one and allow one of the best defenders in the league to play in his natural position?

If we play next Sunday as we did yesterday it will be a car crash (assuming City are up to speed)

Kirby wrote: »

Might have been a bit premature to let Filipe Luís off back to Atlético in hindsight.

Panthro wrote: »
    Might have been a bit premature to let Filipe Luís off back to Atlético in hindsight.

To be honest letting him go with no back up in sight was plain stupidity, even if we still had the Bartman would not be so bad but letting 2 international left backs go with no replacement is beyond belief really.

To be honest letting him go with no back up in sight was plain stupidity, even if we still had the Bartman would not be so bad but letting 2 international left backs go with no replacement is beyond belief really.

Jesus calm down. I'm sure one will come in before the end of the window.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Jesus calm down. I'm sure one will come in before the end of the window.

I am perfectly calm but that does not deter from the fact it was stupid to let two international left backs leave with no replacement is sight. If reports are to be believed Augsburg are playing serious hard ball regarding the potential Baba II that is an incredibly stupid position to allow yourself into.

• Advertisement

Not gonna lie. I enjoyed the fact Cech ****ed up.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. I enjoyed the fact Cech ****ed up.

Why did I trust the Arsenal defence and put Petr into my fantasy team, that was also stupid. Not watching the match good cock up was it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Why did I trust the Arsenal defence and put Petr into my fantasy team, that was also stupid. Not watching the match good cock up was it :rolleyes:

He was at fault for both goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Looks like Cech came to our rescue after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good work agent cech

• Advertisement

Cech....mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cech has lost the same amount of home games under Wenger as he did for Mourinho ^^

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cech has lost the same amount of home games under Wenger as he did for Mourinho ^^

That's actually mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im just glad we didnt lose yesterday now after todays result.

City next week should be interesting.

I still predict Stones will have signed by then but will of course play no part.

Lukker- wrote: »

What a stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

thoughts on saturdays game, i think it was obvious that one team went back training 2 weeks before the other, we got going near the end and the first 20 mins or so but our right hand side had a mare . ivan and willian had poor games and never got to grips with swansea's left hand side attack .
    fab looked off the pace but other than that i though we done alright but i wonder whether jose will regret the late start to this seasons training

peteeeed wrote: »
    thoughts on saturdays game, i think it was obvious that one team went back training 2 weeks before the other, we got going near the end and the first 20 mins or so but our right hand side had a mare . ivan and willian had poor games and never got to grips with swansea's left hand side attack .
    fab looked off the pace but other than that i though we done alright but i wonder whether jose will regret the late start to this seasons training

I actually thought Willian looked great going forward, completely different player to this time last year, he seems far more willing to take the responsibility to take on a man instead of always looking for the easy pass. Defensively himself and Ivan need to be chained together and remember how to play as a unit again.

Willian has a difficult job playing right wing and right full as Ivan has no sense of positional play about him at all. Ivan scores important goals but his defensive work is poor.

Still could be worse would agree that with a bit more training we will get there we do seem to be going through the gears OK. At times on Saturday we played very well but overall Swans did deserve at least the point (even before Olivers now normal cock up against us, opening day last season misses a blatant trip by the Burnley keeper on Costa does not award the peno and books Costa for simulation. Opening game this season manages to miss the ball heading away from goal and Cahill in an excellent covering position to award a very tight penalty and sends off TBo - he really is a useless ref).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

My two cents, we are still playing like we are in preseason. Not match fit and blunt a fook.
    Poor Ivan got tore apart but i think its funny some people saying he is finished after the first game of the season when a few months ago he was the best RB in the England.

A more sharp focused Ivan would have gave Montero a much tougher game and if he couldn keep up with him he would kick Montero and bully him.
    Yes Willian messed up for the goal but he had been tracking back the whole game.
    I taught Hazard was poor, showed some flashes of what he can do but himself and Fab were the weak links.

I was actually waiting for Ramires to come on for Hazard and move Willian over.
    I think we will be much better prepared and fitter for the city game but will miss T-bo.

• Advertisement

In fairness I have had little confidence in Ivan for some time (pretty much all of last season and the end of the one before) and have said so on many an occasion, most of our problems do come down the right and Willian does have to get through an immense amount of work. He gets a lot of kudos from the work JT, Matic and Willian carry out.

He is not awful, against the lesser teams he is quite adequate but against teams with pace that will attack he is not good enough. His threat going forward is very high and he scores very important goals, but that does not detract from his defensive shortcomings.

Hopefully as the season progresses the later start will result in more sustained performances (be interesting of Aguero starts tonight for City or will he be given an extra week seen as he is barely back in training?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lukker- wrote:

I think you may be wrong, Cech didn't play in that Sunderland game did he? Do I remember Scwharzer played that game?

I think you may be wrong, Cech didn't play in that Sunderland game did he? Do I remember Scwharzer played that game?

Yup, Schwarzer had a mare, 1-0 and he palmed a timid enough shoot out to Wickham to make it 1-1.

Cech never lost at the Bridge under Jose in the EPL.

Willian has a difficult job playing right wing and right full as Ivan has no sense of positional play about him at all. Ivan scores important goals but his defensive work is poor.

Still could be worse would agree that with a bit more training we will get there we do seem to be going through the gears OK. At times on Saturday we played very well but overall Swans did deserve at least the point (even before Olivers now normal cock up against us, opening day last season misses a blatant trip by the Burnley keeper on Costa does not award the peno and books Costa for simulation. Opening game this season manages to miss the ball heading away from goal and Cahill in an excellent covering position to award a very tight penalty and sends off TBo - he really is a useless ref).

Oliver also missed the two handed push on Costa in the last 5mins on the edge of the Swansea box, I think hes a decent ref but hes very easily influenced.

The only upside is Courtois will only miss 1 game as it wasnt violent conduct.

I agree on the pre-season though, Swansea were back early, there was a good article in the Guardian about Monks prepartion and that they even moved in sleeping pods to teh training ground for the players during pre season.
    what a day wrote: »
    My two cents, we are still playing like we are in preseason. Not match fit and blunt a fook.
    Poor Ivan got tore apart but i think its funny some people saying he is finished after the first game of the season when a few months ago he was the best RB in the England.

I'm a big critic of Ivanovic, I dont think hes great at all, yes at times last year he was excellent and scored big goals but besides scoring the guy has serious issues with pacey direct wingers or full backs. He also cant pass or cross to save his life.

Hes only going to be exposed more and more as the season goes on IMO.
    In fairness I have had little confidence in Ivan for some time (pretty much all of last season and the end of the one before) and have said so on many an occasion, most of our problems do come down the right and Willian does have to get through an immense amount of work. He gets a lot of kudos from the work JT, Matic and Willian carry out.

He is not awful, against the lesser teams he is quite adequate but against teams with pace that will attack he is not good enough. His threat going forward is very high and he scores very important goals, but that does not detract from his defensive shortcomings.

Hopefully as the season progresses the later start will result in more sustained performances (be interesting of Aguero starts tonight for City or will he be given an extra week seen as he is barely back in training?)

I agree with this on Ivanovic, Willian is often forced to act like an auxiliary FB to cover Ivan, as was evident by the penalty on SAturday, Willian is either being told to help him at all times or hes dropping in willingly, which is unlikely, even in a Jose team, tracking a runner 40 yards and dropping behind the defensive line and playing everyone onside is something that Willian has rarely ever done.

At times Ivan just gave up and let people go past him and thats without mentioning his terrible distribution from open play and the header he missed from about 10yards out.

The main thing is we at least got a point from Saturday anyway.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oliver also missed the two handed push on Costa in the last 5mins on the edge of the Swansea box, I think hes a decent ref but hes very easily influenced.

I was watching from russia for the 2nd half so didn't hear the commentary for that incident, was much made of it? I thought it looked really blatant that the defender took him out as he made the run...

hots wrote: »
    I was watching from russia for the 2nd half so didn't hear the commentary for that incident, was much made of it? I thought it looked really blatant that the defender took him out as he made the run...

Was watching on Sky and they didnt make much of it, I think after the replay they mentioned Oliver may have missed one there but it was a blatant a foul as youre likely to see, he didnt try drag him back and then have Costa falling forward, he shoved him in the back to the floor as he was in on goal :pac:

The website isnt updating for me but us there any updates of how many points are needed for the Arsenal game for the sale AFTER those who could buy with 20 points?

I'd love to make the Arsenal game this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This is the 3rd time Mourinho started his season with a draw. The last two times he won the treble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was a very disappointing performance, we were lucky to come away with a draw. Swansea more than matched us throughout, I really can't see us winning the league unless we sign a couple of good additions, which don't look like happening. I know it's early days and I'm sure we will be challenging but I've a feeling we will be looking back at the end of the season asking why we stood still after winning the league.

I fear for us against City with the form we are in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement