Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    This is the 3rd time Mourinho started his season with a draw. The last two times he won the treble.

Our year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johner wrote: »
    That was a very disappointing performance, we were lucky to come away with a draw. Swansea more than matched us throughout, I really can't see us winning the league unless we sign a couple of good additions, which don't look like happening. I know it's early days and I'm sure we will be challenging but I've a feeling we will be looking back at the end of the season asking why we stood still after winning the league.

I fear for us against City with the form we are in.

Swans do deserve some credit though they played very well and will be a handful I am sure for others. Of course we should be beating them but credit is due also.

That was a very disappointing performance, we were lucky to come away with a draw. Swansea more than matched us throughout, I really can't see us winning the league unless we sign a couple of good additions, which don't look like happening. I know it's early days and I'm sure we will be challenging but I've a feeling we will be looking back at the end of the season asking why we stood still after winning the league.

I fear for us against City with the form we are in.

I think part of the reason was none of the very best players in the wrold are available.

Last year a good lot of players were moved around on the back of the World Cup, this year, has anyone done any outstanding business?

Probably PSG with Di Maria but that remains to be seen, all the biggest clubs have been thrifty enough this year.

The other issue is, Jose said he trusted the squad and didnt want to make wide spread changes, now the problem with that as far as I can see is two fold.

1) The squad depth isnt good enough, an injury to Matic or Cesc kills us for example. We're 2 defenders injured away from a crisis as it stands, we're not sure if Costa will last the 9months of the season and we rely on Hazard if nobody else is doing the business.

2) Its ahrd to improve the starting XI without spending at least £30m +
    Main issue for me is the output of Willian from an attacking sense and to replace him we spent £26m on Cuadrado who didnt make the bench in favour of Moses FFS. Now to truly upgrade Willian you're talking someone like Griezmann, Gotze, Reua, Bale all would cost mad, mad money in todays market and although theyed be a huge upgrade I feel, you're then stuck wwith a 30m Brazilian nobody will want and 26m Colombian nobody will want.

We've plenty of wiggle room for non-HG players in the squad as it stands but I just dont think we'll sign someone of instant starter quality anywhere throught the squad. The only one that may eventually dislodge a player is Rahman shifting Azp from LB but if that happens I want Ivan gone from RB but that seems unlikely as like JT and Hazard, Ivan will play every game when available.

Someone mentioend it, Hazard did look stuffed without about 5 or 10mins to go.

The guys are still not up to speed and in a few weeks time theyre off to play more international football.

We cant really complain but extra rest given to the players has put them probably a week or two behind some teams, City themselves played a decent amount of fixtures in pre-season so I reckon next weeks game will be anything but a great game if both sides are out on their feet after 70mins.

Only thing is we'll have had nearly 48hrs more rest, shouldnt be a telling difference but might help slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Everton supposedly want £34m for Stones. I'd meet them half way and give them £32m

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Everton supposedly want £34m for Stones. I'd meet them half way and give them £32m

£30m and a whisper in Stones ear to force the move through :P

Although I'd nearly pay the full whack just to hear Martinez lose the rag, the longer it drags on the more it suits Everton though......to a degree.

If they dont sell early they wont get in a replacement but if we dont meet their demands we back ourselves into a corner for the last few days of the transfer window.

Martinez already thinks his head has turned hence why they've slapped a price tag on him. I'd imagine they are already looking for his replacement.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Martinez already thinks his head has turned hence why they've slapped a price tag on him. I'd imagine they are already looking for his replacement.

Jonny Evans was mentioned before we were apparently interested in Stones, you'd imagine theyed need Evans and another CB.

Theyr very thin on the ground at CB. If we still had Kalas or Christansen at the club cash plus a 1 year loan deal might have smooth the deal over for Everton.

So Costa is off in Ibiza, players were given 2 days off after Swansea. Back to training tomorrow is the word.

Di Marizio says Rahman is a done deal, fee expected to be close to £22m.

• Advertisement

We are appealing the Courtois red card.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Settle down now Gav, but Pogba has been stopped at Heathrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

we have been weak in midfield..............

trying not to get giddy..........

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

City away on Sunday should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

City away on Sunday should be fun.

I'm backing Chelsea to go apeshyt and produce a defensive masterclass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd say it'll be a case of try not too loose first and then worry about winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I think it'll be a case of trying not to get wooped on Sunday, maybe a 2-0 City.

I know we've enough pessimism around here with monkey but it's just what i'm feeling from the pre-season, last Saturdays game and the lack of a certain Courtois in goal.

Any idea why Pogba is in London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'd take a 2-0 loss now .. Keep the GD damage to a minimum ... :p

Apparently Juve still want Cuadrado.

I dunno Juve, he's too valuable.

€20m and Pogba might tempt me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There was I thinking Pogba watch had ended. Thank God. Hopefully it gets renewed for another season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Didnt see the city game. Did they play well

Turtwig wrote: »
    There was I thinking Pogba watch had ended. Thank God. Hopefully it gets renewed for another season too.

It'll never end :D
    rottie 11 wrote: »

Ya they controlled West Brom pretty easily.

I'm not getting carried away theres still 111pts to play, 108pts after Sunday so if we do find ourselves 5pts behind City after 2 games I wont really mind, its not ideal but its not the end of the world either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

rottie 11 wrote: »

They were good as much as West Brom were horrendous, never seen a team run backwards as quickly before, seemed determined to camp inside their own box and leave Rickie Lambert up front on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jose is an expert in getting a 0 - 0 draw in such situations. I imagine this will be the score on Sunday

I was just thinking, Baba Rahman is going cost a hell of a lot of money, pretty similar to what Luke Shaw would have cost last year, plus if we got his last year we wouldn't have lost money on Luis so really we're going to be in the same financial state now as if we bought Shaw last year

I was just thinking, Baba Rahman is going cost a hell of a lot of money, pretty similar to what Luke Shaw would have cost last year, plus if we got his last year we wouldn't have lost money on Luis so really we're going to be in the same financial state now as if we bought Shaw last year

Rahmann seems to be £17m (although that varies every day) and Shaw was £31m. Think we made a loss or 2/3 on Luis but Rahmann is still a good deal cheaper and at least comparable in terms of talent.

Also, theres no way in hell Rahman will cost the same amount of money a week.

Rahman will probably need 12months before hes properly up to speed anyway, a bit like Shaw at Utd, who looked good in some games last year and will probably be very good consistently this year.

Couldn't make it up .... well I suppose you can

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-roma-boss-rudi-garcia-wants-chelseas-kurt-zouma-on-loan/437708?

We have no defenders so we send Zouma on loan good grief

• Advertisement

Couldn't make it up .... well I suppose you can

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-roma-boss-rudi-garcia-wants-chelseas-kurt-zouma-on-loan/437708?

We have no defenders so we send Zouma on loan good grief

jaysus not a fear of that happening, nonsense talk because they've just sold romagnoli, nothing else.

I've backed Mourinho whenever he got rid of anyone the last 2 years, this is worse than Mata or Cech

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11796150/Eva-Carneiro-braced-for-axe-from-Chelsea-bench-after-criticism-from-Mourinho.html?x

I've backed Mourinho whenever he got rid of anyone the last 2 years, this is worse than Mata or Cech

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11796150/Eva-Carneiro-braced-for-axe-from-Chelsea-bench-after-criticism-from-Mourinho.html?x

Nowt for it have to sack TSHO

No shock as TBo appeal is dismissed, unjustified red but the FA are fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Strange behavior indeed. Sure he should be upset with Hazzard since he signalled for help? Or even the player that fowled Hazzard?

It was never going to be overturned when there is that much doubt over it. The only times they overturn anything is when it's 100% wrong... The Carneiro article is weird, no source/quote? If she wasn't a she there's no way that it would still be being talked about.

brevity wrote: »
    Strange behavior indeed. Sure he should be upset with Hazzard since he signalled for help? Or even the player that fowled Hazzard?

I don't think Hazard did signal for help? He was sitting on the floor after the free had been awarded basically catching his breath...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

hots wrote: »
    I don't think Hazard did signal for help? He was sitting on the floor after the free had been awarded basically catching his breath...

Actually, he might have said something to the ref, who then called for the medical staff to come on.

Nothing in that IMO.

Anyway, at the end of the day its only a doctor if she is axed.

People online are over reacting because shes a good looking women. If shes replaced with a capable male or female I'd have no issue with staff changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nothing in that IMO.

People online are over reacting because shes a good looking women. If shes replaced with a capable male or female I'd have no issue with staff changing.

Yeah axed for only doing her job but it's fine she can be replaced by somebody else like you said. I hope I never see the day Jose takes my club's managerial job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Nothing in that IMO.

He is acting the dick as usual. Losing the head like a mad man on the side line.

I dont care what she or the other doctor looks like.
    Jose is throwing the toys out of the pram. This wasnt even such a big mistake by the docs. Maybe blame Hazard, if he wasnt really injured then why stay down.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Fudge You wrote: »
    He is acting the dick as usual. Losing the head like a mad man on the side line.

I dont care what she or the other doctor looks like.
    Jose is throwing the toys out of the pram. This wasnt even such a big mistake by the docs. Maybe blame Hazard, if he wasnt really injured then why stay down.

There was no mistake on their part in my opinion. Chelsea are a great club. It's unfortunate to see such a classless reaction by their manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Nothing in that IMO.

It's a strange thing to be axed for given she wasn't even the first doctor on the pitch.

I think Jose goes for the absolute power Fergie loved. Fergie did it over years though and was a bit more subtle. Essentially both men try to be bullies for the betterment of their team and their chances of success.

But Jose kind of has these big public moments which don't win him many admirers.

Not that it makes a huge difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

This doctor situation is a joke, embarrassing and petty from jose to ban her from the bench.

Eva should leave, her job is primarily to look after the welfare of players not to be concerned about us having 8 players against a counter attack.

Disappointed with the reaction from jose.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    This doctor situation is a joke, embarrassing and petty from jose to ban her from the bench.

Eva should leave, her job is primarily to look after the welfare of players not to be concerned about us having 8 players against a counter attack.

Disappointed with the reaction from jose.

Gotta agree.

Theres also nothing concrete that she has been axed.

Various articles say shes only working from Cobham and not on match days, some say banned from all matches and the training ground.

Until something is made public its all guess work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Mourhino sounds like a right spiteful bully and I am sure she will win a constructive dismissal case if she leaves following the changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Mourhino sounds like a right spiteful bully

He doesnt "sound like".
    He is.

whatever it takes to stop people talking about his team being dominated by Swansea.

https://twitter.com/JacquiOatley/status/630332550775500801

"Just catching me breath folks"
    hazardinjured_3402503b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hots wrote: »
    It was never going to be overturned when there is that much doubt over it. The only times they overturn anything is when it's 100% wrong... The Carneiro article is weird, no source/quote? If she wasn't a she there's no way that it would still be being talked about.

Really? I'm not sure...I'd be confident that if the exact same scenario happened with a male doctor that we'd see plenty of news about it. Doctor being punished for doing their job in the public eye is definitely football news, especially when you consider what other dross gets headlines. Pep and the Bayern doctor generated plenty of headlines around Europe for instance.

Whether or not it's true, I guess we'll see this weekend.

This article explains the situation a lot more clearly then the mainstream media. Give it a read:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/8/12/9134057/jose-mourinho-eva-carneiro-click-me-click-me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Mourinho isn't the type of personality that is good in long doses. There is a reason why he can never last long at clubs, its because he ends up falling out with everybody.

The longest he managed a club was his first stint at Chelsea, 3 seasons and a few months and fell out with the owner and a few players in the 3rd season. Then Madrid for 3 seasons and fell out with everybody in his 3rd season. He's on his 3rd season back at Chelsea and the fall outs have begun.

Mourinho and Ferguson both thrive on absolute power. But Ferguson knew how to treat people from the dressing room to the medics to boardroom to the canteen.

Mourinho knows how to treat the footballers that give him what he wants but is poor with people in General. The running of a football club is a lot more than 8-9 players.

Also watch out for Willian this weekend. He'll be frozen out of the club after that offside call. Just like Mata, Schurrle, Saleh, De Bruyne and Cuadrado. Come to think about, has Ruben Loftus-Cheek been spotted lately since he didn't close down somebody on a post season tour?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement