Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres also nothing concrete that she has been axed.

Various articles say shes only working from Cobham and not on match days, some say banned from all matches and the training ground.

Until something is made public its all guess work.

Any demotion of a doctor over whether to attend to players is a very bad trend.

It's a manager dictating when the medical staff should go on. Mourinho isn't qualified to judge and he should be keeping out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Perhaps we should make a new sub forum to accommodate the posters who only come in here to have a go at Jose when he gets some headlines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Lukker- wrote: »
    This article explains the situation a lot more clearly then the mainstream media. Give it a read:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/8/12/9134057/jose-mourinho-eva-carneiro-click-me-click-me

Not a whole lot there tbh.

Whatever the rationale, Jose has created a very public disagreement between himself and his medical staff.

I hope the regs in this thread accept this and don't just accuse the media of being out to get him. This was all Jose's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Eva does go, her taking to social media and posting what she did doesnt help her case.

Anyway, City away on Sunday, much more important than a storm in a tea cup.

No Courtois, his red card has been upheld, no surprise there, so Begovic is in. We'll probably see Ramires in somewhere and Oscar dropped <shudder> and Ivan will probably be roasted by Sterling all day.

Far from being a pivotal match, theres still 108 points to play for after it, if we do lose, there'll be a media melt down, cant wait for it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

If Eva does go, her taking to social media and posting what she did doesnt help her case.

No Courtois, his red card has been upheld, no surprise there, so Begovic is in. We'll probably see Ramires in somewhere and Oscar dropped <shudder> and Ivan will probably be roasted by Sterling all day.

Far from being a pivotal match, theres still 108 points to play for after it, if we do lose, there'll be a media melt down, cant wait for it :pac:

maybe arsenal will sign her and she won't be very good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Really? I'm not sure...I'd be confident that if the exact same scenario happened with a male doctor that we'd see plenty of news about it. Doctor being punished for doing their job in the public eye is definitely football news, especially when you consider what other dross gets headlines. Pep and the Bayern doctor generated plenty of headlines around Europe for instance.

Whether or not it's true, I guess we'll see this weekend.

In the same breath when Jose kicked out our last guy (who from memory had been around a good while and was well liked) it was over a lovers tiff and got no coverage at all. Jose's media train + hot physio = coverage.

hots wrote: »
    In the same breath when Jose kicked out our last guy (who from memory had been around a good while and was well liked) it was over a lovers tiff and got no coverage at all. Jose's media train + hot physio = coverage.

No.

Jose publicly (and completly incorrectly) rebuking his physios and demoting one a few days later = coverage.

He created this and it'd be the same if it was any big manager.
    Why bother having a go at people on your bench in a post match interview?

hots wrote: »

He got rid of John Fearn over Robbens injuries back in his first spell.

John Feran was also the first guy on the pitch to treat Hazard on Saturday. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

He got rid of John Fearn over Robbens injuries back in his first spell.

John Feran was also the first guy on the pitch to treat Hazard on Saturday. :pac:

Think that was Neil Frazer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It was Jose who decided to make the whole thing public in the first place. You can't blame her for using the same forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Loving all the I hate Jose comments dressed as not having a go posts.
    Jose was right to have a go at the medical staff as he did. He was right and he explained why he lost his cool and i completely understand, i was loosing my head and i was watching the game at home on the sofa!!

Any way i for one cant wait till we face City. Will be tough game but care free we are afraid of no one!! Il take a draw away on our current form thanks

Marin could be included in the Rahman transfer.

Whether it will be a loan with an option to buy or a swap deal, is anyones guess.

Still be good to get it done and out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

greendom wrote: »
    It was Jose who decided to make the whole thing public in the first place. You can't blame her for using the same forum.

I agree the whole thing should never have been made public and the whole reaction was childish.

That said, she shouldn't have broke ranks. He never even refers to her and she wasn't even the first to run out.

If she didn't post on social media this whole thing could have been avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

what a day wrote: »
    Jose was right to have a go at the medical staff as he did.

No he wasn't. He's not any way medically qualified. Can he assess players injuries and health with his eyes or something? He's actually quite incompetent when it comes to medical stuff too, but let's leave that aside. He made two serious errors of judgement: the first was making what should have been at the very most an internal disagreement public. Second, was seconding guessing the judgements of professionals who's first code of priority isn't meant to be the result; it's the welfare of the individuals.

Stop being lazy and painting this on people who dislike Jose. If this was the world's most loved sports manager the criticism would still be same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

This thread has turned into a load of ****ê, ima come back in a few weeks after this physio thing blows over, the potential City meltdown as well as the why didn't we sign Stones and Pedro debate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

TSHO haters out in force today of all days the Glorious Twelfth come on better things to be doing. I wonder how many on here have actually listened to the interview rather than just taken the coverage for granted from the TSHO hating press. He did NOT say the medical staff were wrong he DID say it was the end of the game Hazard was tired and had taken a knock but the medical staff (NOT Eva) were impulsive and naive running onto the pitch as quickly as they did. Maybe they were called on by the ref or Dave but whilst people are only too happy to point out TSHO's lack of medical qualifications I am not sure Oliver or Dave have medical qualifications neither. The upshot WAS there was nothing wrong with Hazard and we were down to 9 men, actually TSHO was RIGHT the medical staff were naive both have been on the bench long enough to know better in my view.

Personally will wait for the press conference on Friday and who is on the bench on Sunday to see if they has been any fallout, very little leaks from the Bridge so pretty much everything being written is guesswork.

But haters have to hate and thats a fact.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    This thread has turned into a load of ****ê, ima come back in a few weeks after this physio thing blows over, the potential City meltdown as well as the why didn't we sign Stones and Pedro debate :D

Im going have meltdown if we dont sign Pogba or Messi.

Any current player also an M.D. by any chance, kill two birds with one stone.

TSHO haters out in force today of all days the Glorious Twelfth come on better things to be doing. I wonder how many on here have actually listened to the interview rather than just taken the coverage for granted from the TSHO hating press. He did NOT say the medical staff were wrong he DID say it was the end of the game Hazard was tired and had taken a knock but the medical staff (NOT Eva) were impulsive and naive running onto the pitch as quickly as they did. Maybe they were called on by the ref or Dave but whilst people are only too happy to point out TSHO's lack of medical qualifications I am not sure Oliver or Dave have medical qualifications neither. The upshot WAS there was nothing wrong with Hazard and we were down to 9 men, actually TSHO was RIGHT the medical staff were naive both have been on the bench long enough to know better in my view.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/11/chelsea-doctor-eva-carneiro-role-change-jose-mourinho
    “I wasn’t happy with them because even if you are a medical doctor or secretary on the bench, you have to understand the game,” Mourinho said. “If you go to the pitch to assist a player, then you must be sure that a player has a serious problem.

What does Dr. Jose determine as a serious problem?

dfx- wrote: »

I dont know dfx- you only comment when deriding TSHO. I pointed out people are just reading reviews and judging just exactly what you did. Why not listen to the interview and use some rational thought by way of a change.

Now Hazard was straight on his feet and resumed play directly the ref waved him back onto the field of play. So given that you rather lazily lifted a comment rather than being objective show me exactly where TSHO was wrong. Did Hazard have a serious problem, was Hazard even injured the answer as well you know it is NO. So TSHO was (as always) correct the medical staff were naive and impulsive.

Or maybe you from the comfort of your TSHO hating armchair knows better?

• Advertisement

From his position, he and the medical staff have the same vantage point and understanding of an injury up to the point before the medical team get to the player.

The medical staff wouldnt have budged if they werent signalled on by the Ref, Hazard wasnt rolling around from a leg shattering challenge so they werent going to move.

Part of the blame and first port of call has to lie with whoever signalled for the attention and it was probably Hazard himself.

Jose should have had a go at him before the medical staff, the ref will ask the player if he wants attention first and foremost, especially as I said, when no clear injury had occured.

That being said, I do really think theres not much in this story, come May 2016 when theres trophies being handed out, I dont think we'll be looking back on this incident as a pivotal moment in the season.

Turtwig wrote: »
    No he wasn't. He's not any way medically qualified. Can he assess players injuries and health with his eyes or something? He's actually quite incompetent when it comes to medical stuff too, but let's leave that aside. He made two serious errors of judgement: the first was making what should have been at the very most an internal disagreement public. Second, was seconding guessing the judgements of professionals who's first code of priority isn't meant to be the result; it's the welfare of the individuals.

Stop being lazy and painting this on people who dislike Jose. If this was the world's most loved sports manager the criticism would still be same.

First of all, he was correct if your listen to his reason why he lost the plot it is a valid explination. Yes he is qualified to see Hazard was not hurt he was blocked at low speed winded at most, he did not get run over by a battleship. Also he did not second guess the judgment of his staff. The female doctor is there to assist the physio and they were on auto pilot and ran onto the pitch doing their job, but the problem is the bigger picture.

Every one is there part of a team to win this football match, Mourinho saw that the physio was not really needed and once hazard was attented to he had to leave the pitch which weakend our already weakend team.

As for talking to the media about him lossing the plot he again was correct. It was plan to see him going crazy on the touch line and he was asked by the reporter.

Yes Mou is a sore loser, yes he is arragent, yes he has flaws but dont swallow this media bashing sexism stories that you read because nothing much else is going on in th world of sport.

what a day wrote: »
    First of all, he was correct if your listen to his reason why he lost the plot it is a valid explination. Yes he is qualified to see Hazard was not hurt he was blocked at low speed winded at most, he did not get run over by a battleship. Also he did not second guess the judgment of his staff. The female doctor is there to assist the physio and they were on auto pilot and ran onto the pitch doing their job, but the problem is the bigger picture.

Every one is there part of a team to win this football match, Mourinho saw that the physio was not really needed and once hazard was attented to he had to leave the pitch which weakend our already weakend team.

As for talking to the media about him lossing the plot he again was correct. It was plan to see him going crazy on the touch line and he was asked by the reporter.

Yes Mou is a sore loser, yes he is arragent, yes he has flaws but dont swallow this media bashing sexism stories that you read because nothing much else is going on in th world of sport.

Difficult to argue with any of that.

So expect a deluge of abuse from those that proclaim to know better :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Mourinho and Ferguson both thrive on absolute power. But Ferguson knew how to treat people from the dressing room to the medics to boardroom to the canteen.

QUOTE]

Taught that was funny!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

How ye now?!
    (Couldn't be arssed reading though)
    Boring nil all draw this weekend then?
    I'm currently in knock airport about to go on a quick hol and I'm boasting .
    And having a pint.

C'mon Chelsea.

I don't think Mourinho is sexist (at least not from any evidence here).

The facts are though that he created a situation where he's publicly rebuked and then publicly demoted a member of his back room staff.

Does it make a difference? No.

Will it hurt Chelsea's title chances? No.

Will it impact the future health of their players? No.

But it's a public argument of Jose's making. You just have to stick a microphone in front of him these days and he starts a row.

So come off it with the media treatment/witch hunt/storm in a teacup party line.

All these storms are of Jose's making. He just opens his mouth and feeds the media their controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If Jose farted the pitch of it would cause controversy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Panthro wrote: »
    If Jose farted the pitch of it would cause controversy

only because Jose would blame the canteen staff

gosplan wrote: »

So come off it with the media treatment/witch hunt/storm in a teacup party line.

On the below points you make, its nearly a definition of a a storm in a tea cup IMO. By this time next week it will have been forgotten about after the Man City game regardless of the result, no doubt the camera will be focused on the bench for k.o on Sunday but after that, it will fade into the distance.
    Does it make a difference? No.

Will it hurt Chelsea's title chances? No.

Will it impact the future health of their players? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Still have to remember its someone's livelihood were talking about here.

Not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I dont know dfx- you only comment when deriding TSHO. I pointed out people are just reading reviews and judging just exactly what you did. Why not listen to the interview and use some rational thought by way of a change.

It's a quote...

What Mourinho wanted was for the medical team to not go on the pitch when called by the referee because he deemed it not serious enough or 'not knowing football'.

Think about that. Apply to that Fabrice Muamba.

I for one will be sorry to see Oriel go, think he is gonna be very good player and think he could alreay do a job for us instead of Ramires RLC or Mikel in the double pivot.

Ah well im sure he will do a job for us in two years time when we buy him back for 50m

It's a quote...

What Mourinho wanted was for the medical team to not go on the pitch when called by the referee because he deemed it not serious enough or 'not knowing football'.

OMG!!!!!!!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Still have to remember its someone's livelihood were talking about here.

Not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

A new plan of attack very good.

He mentioned no one by name, Eva went public. Perhaps she is impulsive?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's a quote...

What the actual fcuk. :eek:

It's a quote...

Thats jumping the shark a bit dfx :o

Hope it works out for Romeu. Deal came out of nowhere but with guys like MVg and RLC and Ake he was never going to get in the side IMO.

• Advertisement

It's a quote...

Incorrect it is a partial quote specifically used to mislead.

And comparing this to Fabrice Muamba God that is just pathetic even by your TSHO loathing standards.

Still waiting where exactly was He wrong?

On the below points you make, its nearly a definition of a a storm in a tea cup IMO. By this time next week it will have been forgotten about after the Man City game regardless of the result, no doubt the camera will be focused on the bench for k.o on Sunday but after that, it will fade into the distance.

You're correct of course but my point wasn't that this was his some random storm in a teacup but rather that Jose has a weather machine and a teacup colllection.

Are Rafa, Wenger, Eva, Barca, Italian media, Real players and so on all culpable in the rows they've had with Jose?

Yes.

But Jose deliberately antagonises everyone.

Hope it works out for Romeu. Deal came out of nowhere but with guys like MVg and RLC and Ake he was never going to get in the side IMO.

It is a shame looked quite good at one stage just never really progressed and has a bad time at Stuttgart last season, hopefully he will do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

It's a quote...

Think about that comparison indeed -_-

You're correct of course but my point wasn't that this was his some random storm in a teacup but rather that Jose has a weather machine and a teacup colllection.

Are Rafa, Wenger, Eva, Barca, Italian media, Real players and so on all culpable in the rows they've had with Jose?

Yes.

But Jose deliberately antagonises everyone.

Oh ya, its seems to be his professional nature to do such things. Sometimes when its not petty its good for the club, most of the time its bad headlines.

Oh ya, its seems to be his professional nature to do such things. Sometimes when its not petty its good for the club, most of the time its bad headlines.

Tbh I think it makes zero difference to the club in terms of results.

The only worry I'd have as a Chelsea fan is if he picks a row with the wrong person and ends up making his position as manager difficult.

• Advertisement

The only worry I'd have as a Chelsea fan is if he picks a row with the wrong person and ends up making his position as manager difficult.

Thats only going to happen if he falls out with Roman again.

The club is run a lot better since those days so IMO, its highly unlikley in the short term anyway.

Are you trying to say He might have a falling out with someone and have to leave the club ...... ah come on now that will never happen .......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Did you write that article in the daily mail the other day per chance :pac:?

You mean that is Adrian ....... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jon Fearn was axed too, but no one talks about him because he's a dude.

The club are most likely going to take a harsher stance with Eva though because she took to social media. Which apparently surprised management.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement