Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Latest Arsenal ticket details are up.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/latest-arsenal-home-ticket-selling-details0.html

8 pts on your account you can buy tomorrow morning.

5 pts on your account you can buy from tomorrow at 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lukker- wrote: »
    Jon Fearn was axed too, but no one talks about him because he's a dude.

The club are most likely going to take a harsher stance with Eva though because she took to social media. Which apparently surprised management.

More likely because it wasn't announced officially to the World's press.

There was a pretty big hoo ha when Guardiola mouthed off about the Bayern Munich Doctor at the end of last season and he was a dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »

I'd drive him myself and wouldnt even look for petrol money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hots wrote: »
    In the same breath when Jose kicked out our last guy (who from memory had been around a good while and was well liked) it was over a lovers tiff and got no coverage at all. Jose's media train + hot physio = coverage.

I think you're somewhat missing the point - this happened on the football pitch, in front of the cameras, and was then accompanied by a Jose rant. Of course it generated far more publicity. Again, as with my other example of Pep and Bayerns Doctor's spat generating european-wide coverage, that also took place in the public eye, in front of the cameras.

It's not cause she's a woman. It's because it's public.

The club are most likely going to take a harsher stance with Eva though because she took to social media. Which apparently surprised management.

The social media thing was so mild though I don't really understand the outcry over it. "Thank you for the overwhelming support" - I've seen some papers trying to play this as 'thank you for giving me the majority of the support in this case', as in going against Jose - but it's obviously just 'i'm overwhelmed by your support, thanks'. I don't really see anything wrong with saying that...

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd drive him myself and wouldnt even look for petrol money.

and stick mikel in the boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think you're somewhat missing the point - this happened on the football pitch, in front of the cameras, and was then accompanied by a Jose rant. Of course it generated far more publicity. Again, as with my other example of Pep and Bayerns Doctor's spat generating european-wide coverage, that also took place in the public eye, in front of the cameras.

It's not cause she's a woman. It's because it's public.

The social media thing was so mild though I don't really understand the outcry over it. "Thank you for the overwhelming support" - I've seen some papers trying to play this as 'thank you for giving me the majority of the support in this case', as in going against Jose - but it's obviously just 'i'm overwhelmed by your support, thanks'. I don't really see anything wrong with saying that...

She broke ranks with the club, it's dissent. She's backroom staff not a player or a manager. The amount of news reports generated from that post alone shows why she shouldn't have. I don't even understand why she has a public social media presence tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

JT26 wrote: »
    Did you write that article in the daily mail the other day per chance :pac:?

Ha ha, you get the daily mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

gosplan wrote: »
    Ha ha, you get the daily mail.

-_- he's referring to an article about Jose losing it that's been doing the rounds with the Eva controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

She broke ranks with the club, it's dissent. She's backroom staff not a player or a manager. The amount of news reports generated from that post alone shows why she shouldn't have. I don't even understand why she has a public social media presence tbh.

She broke ranks by doing her job when asked by the officials to come onto the pitch? Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Romeu to Southampton by the looks of it. I liked the look of him when Rafa played him. I'd certainly have him over Rambo or mikel.

She broke ranks by doing her job when asked by the officials to come onto the pitch? Are you for real?

No she broke ranks by speaking out on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Back to football

Have Everton signed stones replacement

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/631490128066834432

You going to support the Jose forum?

Which one is that?

What did she say that is speaking out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Joses true colours shining through again, what a muppet he really is, if he was winning that match he wouldnt have given a ****,in fact he would be telling the doctor and physio to stay on the pitch to waste time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

By speaking out thanking people for support?

Jose is in the wrong here. There are strict instructions given by the Medical Authorities related to injuries whereby if a ref calls the medics on they go on.

I guess he would have preferred her to face sanctions by the PMA than go against his orders.

I guess now he can spin it that there is an FA conspiracy to stop Chelsea winning the title.

• Advertisement

I didn't say that. Posting on social media about an internal matter was breaking rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I didn't say that. Posting on social media about an internal matter was breaking rank.

She didn't post about an internal matter. She didn't make any comment about the issue in any way. All she did was say thanks for support.

Is that really, in any sort of logical world, really deserving of a mass demotion in respobsibilities?

Please explain how the post on social matter was on an internal matter and show us how that was breaking rank

Please explain how the post on social matter was on an internal matter and show us how that was breaking rank

Because every single tabloid picked up on and ran sensationalist headlines likes "Eva slams Jose", "Doctors subtle dig" etc etc.

It was stupid. She would of gotten away with probably just missing the City game but now her job is at risk.

This isn't an exclusive policy at Chelsea. Commenting on internal matters like this would get you axed from most clubs.

She brought more light to the situation when it would have most likely blown over.

For the record I think Jose was 100% wrong to criticize the medical department and I think she and Jon Fearn have been treated unfairly.

That said, I'm not naive enough to think that you could make comments like that which is in the public domain which clearly references your employer. It's unprofessional.

Because every single tabloid picked up on and ran sensationalist headlines likes "Eva slams Jose", "Doctors subtle dig" etc etc.

Those headlines were there because of the petulance of Mourhino in full public view at the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    She didn't post about an internal matter. She didn't make any comment about the issue in any way. All she did was say thanks for support.

Is that really, in any sort of logical world, really deserving of a mass demotion in respobsibilities?
    You're the one not paying attention to the real world. Eva knew the context of her post. She may well have a right to feel hard done by. But going to any kind of media was not the sensible thing to do.

Those headlines were there because of the petulance of Mourhino in full public view at the game

And she added to it.

The difference is he's the manager who has total control and it is part of his job description to talk to the press. She's a first team doctor. Not part of her duty. In fact it's most likely in breach of her contract to do so.

For the record I think Jose was 100% wrong to criticize the medical department and I think she and Jon Fearn have been treated unfairly.

That said, I'm not naive enough to think that you could make comments like that which is in the public domain which clearly references your employer. It's unprofessional.

This...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

-_- he's referring to an article about Jose losing it that's been doing the rounds with the Eva controversy.

Ah I got bogged down in the 'Princess Di's death exposed' article.

Everton signing a cb soon apparently.

All aboard the Stones train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Fully agree with this post, what was a storm in a teacup has turned into something bigger on account of Eva posting that comment.
    There may be some Chelsea fans who can't see any wrong in what Jose does but some posters only post in here to deride Jose, they never come in to speak about football or any such nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

were doomed till we go and beat City on sunday!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This isn't an exclusive policy at Chelsea. Commenting on internal matters like this would get you axed from most clubs.
    Unless you're the manager, evidently.

Funny how a fairly innocuous post thanking people for support has been grasped as an excuse to start micro analysing the behaviour of the backroom staff member, rather than the manager who caused the entire thing to begin with. Why should she have a social media presence? Why the **** shouldn't she? Most people have one, and most people aren't highly qualified and on the TV every week. Furthermore, when you've got a dickhead of a boss who publicly throws you into the middle of a media ****storm to cover himself, it probably isn't a bad thing to have. She probably had photographers camped outside her house after the game, she's probably going to lose her job (a fairly significant trauma to people in the 'real world') and she's the one being focused on and blamed? Jesus ****ing christ.

Exactly you'd swear arsene or Brendan haven't caused controversy
    Some posters on here have the capacity to let tribal football politics stop at the water's edge, at least occasionally, such as when real people's lives get sucked into the grinder, and can take a step back, because in truth it's all bull**** and there are things that are more important.

You aren't one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Some posters on here have the capacity to let tribal football politics stop at the water's edge, at least occasionally, such as when real people's lives get sucked into the grinder, and can take a step back, because in truth it's all bull**** and there are things that are more important.

You aren't one of them.

He wasn't replying to you, he was replying to kev. To accuse any of us of exhibiting tribalism for questioning why certain people, including yourself, who only post in this thread in a negative manner and on non-football-related matters, is a totally off the wall attack for no reason other than you cannot stand over what you're alleging. I don't like all those asterisks in your posts either, they make me very uneasy.

Not a single one of us is saying anyone should lose their job here and it's important to note that this story is being run apropos of nothing fwics, other than Josés after-match comments. There's nothing from the club at all and I have seen anything reliable to suggest Eva has been demoted.

José shouldn't have said what he said but every manager says things in the heat of the moment, you ostrich. Eva definitely shouldn't have said anything because there are designated people who make statements on behalf of football clubs and in relation to internal disciplinary matters. It doesn't follow in the least to try and read her message in isolation. She was clearly referring to José's comments and the resulting supporting messages she received from her fans.

That gives rise to an internal conflict with your manager. It's the same as Sterling and his comments in the media about his relationship with Rogers, although to a much lesser degree.

So, while José shouldn't have commented as he did post-match, the relational damage was compounded probably exponentially by Eva. That isn't to say that I don't sympathise with her but she must have known any response by her made publicly would result in an issue with the manager.

We still have to wait and see how the club addresses this, though, because as above, I've seen nothing that says she has been demoted other than tabloid speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The Eva thing is a ridiculous sideshow. It's exactly the kind of incident that the Italian and Spanish press weren't as willing to bite on, exactly the kind of thing that the English media love to jump on, exactly the kind of thing that Mourinho loves to make an issue out of. At the end of the day it sells papers and it gets people talking so I suppose you all end up in the gutter together.
    Mourinho is an excellent manager and that's backed up by his record of winning trophies but the silly stuff like this is an unfortunate part and parcel of having Mourinho coach at your club. At the end of the day the press are happy, this is far more interesting to them than if this whole thing hadn't of happened and Mourinho had just discussed the deficiencies in his team post match, but heck who cares about something that's actually relevant for the rest of the season when there's a bright shiny thing over there.

• Advertisement

You don't know me bud
    You're right, sorry chap. I shouldn't post when I'm tired and pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Joses true colours shining through again, what a muppet he really is, if he was winning that match he wouldnt have given a ****,in fact he would be telling the doctor and physio to stay on the pitch to waste time:D

We may just have witnessed the daftest post of the year, congrats. Or actually was it your aim to back up TSHO and show Him to be correct.

TSHO accused the medical department of not understanding football, being naive and impulsive. Now if we were winning and they did the same thing and dragged it out it would have shown they did understand football, we're not naive or impulsive.

Outside of all of the posturing and pretend insult nobody has actually shown Him to be wrong in His judgement. Hazard was not injured but he was tired ergo he did not require medical attention. It is also quite amazing how the alleged opinion of a truly inept referee not medically trained is now being treated as sacrosanct.

Still haters have to hate I guess.

THE END of all this please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

More importantly the transfer window is not open too much longer are we going to sign a defender anytime soon. This is getting more than a little worrying at this stage.

More importantly the transfer window is not open too much longer are we going to sign a defender anytime soon. This is getting more than a little worrying at this stage.

i think we will have 3 players in by the transfer window

2 defenders and an attacking midfielder

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

My understanding of what happened

1. Hazard goes down after tackle
    2. Stays down
    3. Referee signals for medical staff
    4. Medical staff attend to Hazard
    5. Jose criticizes staff for being naive

So at what point do the medical staff decide not to attend to Hazard?
    Do they have to get confirmation from Jose every time they are requested to come onto the pitch?
    Should Jose determine - from the sidelines - whether a player requires attention or not?

i'd be more buoyed by this news http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3195293/Everton-seal-signing-Mason-Holgate-dubbed-John-Stones-continue-rebuff-Chelsea-England-defender.html

peteeeed wrote: »
    i think we will have 3 players in by the transfer window

2 defenders and an attacking midfielder

I think 3 is ambitious unless the Ramires one is true... Baba definitely comes in, I'd say Stones is less than 50:50 at this stage but some sort of dodgy Barca agreement to buy in Jan/next summer isn't that outrageous. In terms of midfield it's and interesting one. I think we need the players we have to find their rhythm more than we need a new player but if Ramires goes then surely a replacement comes in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is Stones coming in?
    Be some craic having him and Zouma in a few years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Im with Hots on this.

Think we will get baba dont think we will get stones but i can see it going to the final hour on dead line.

As for an attacking mid i dont think we need one to be honest...unless some one gets a bad injury. Moses looks like a new signing and Cuadrado is still shiny and new even thugh to most of us looks more rusty then shiny.

Id love to see us up grade on Ramires and Mikel and obviously Cuadrado for Greizman or some one but that aint gonna happen.

Come on Jose!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement