Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

We may just have witnessed the daftest post of the year, congrats. Or actually was it your aim to back up TSHO and show Him to be correct.

TSHO accused the medical department of not understanding football, being naive and impulsive. Now if we were winning and they did the same thing and dragged it out it would have shown they did understand football, we're not naive or impulsive.

Outside of all of the posturing and pretend insult nobody has actually shown Him to be wrong in His judgement. Hazard was not injured but he was tired ergo he did not require medical attention. It is also quite amazing how the alleged opinion of a truly inept referee not medically trained is now being treated as sacrosanct.

Still haters have to hate I guess.

You appear not to understand football and the role the referee has in requesting medical staff onto the pitch and the requirement of medical staff to comply with that request

You want a situation where a player goes down, the ref requests medical attention and the medical staff refuse to attend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

How are people expecting our midfield to look against City? Fab/Ramires/Mikel/Zouma? I don't think it's the right game for zouma, they're movement/passing will be too much for his physicality to negate. Don't fancy Ramires much either. Think Fab would be my 1st choice but would expect Ramires I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Hard to say really feel this is a game He will not want to lose so I think tight will be the order of the day. I would not be surprised to see Ram in there somewhere but I hope not. There were some signs later in the Swans game we were starting to link up, though why the players then got two days off was a little surprising. Would like to see the same starting outfield 10.

Hard to say really feel this is a game He will not want to lose so I think tight will be the order of the day. I would not be surprised to see Ram in there somewhere but I hope not. There were some signs later in the Swans game we were starting to link up, though why the players then got two days off was a little surprising. Would like to see the same starting outfield 10.

Yeah found the days off very surprising? Can't imagine they'll be getting the same treatment if they lose sunday.

hots wrote: »
    Yeah found the days off very surprising? Can't imagine they'll be getting the same treatment if they lose sunday.

Maybe it was doctors orders?:P

• Advertisement

Maybe it was doctors orders?:P

I swear to god Costa better not come back from his rave-y weekend with a sore hamstring :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

How are people expecting our midfield to look against City? Fab/Ramires/Mikel/Zouma? I don't think it's the right game for zouma, they're movement/passing will be too much for his physicality to negate. Don't fancy Ramires much either. Think Fab would be my 1st choice but would expect Ramires I think.

I reckon we'll go with

Ramires Matic
    Willian Cesc Hazard

Ramires, Williand an Ivan should manage to stop Sterling and possibily Aguero bullying down the left flank and channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'll cry if Ramires plays.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'll cry if Ramires plays.

I'd prefer Zouma or Mikel but I reckon Ramires will get the nod.

The only thing worse than Ramires in CM is Ramires on the RW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Yup, id prefer to see Zouma play along side Matic.
    Bench Fab untill he is more match fit.

Ivan Cahill Terry Dave
    Zouma Matic
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa del sol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

what a day wrote: »
    Yup, id prefer to see Zouma play along side Matic.
    Bench Fab untill he is more match fit.

Ivan Cahill Terry Dave
    Zouma Matic
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa del sol

No way jose will bench cesc. If he is gona play zouma in midfield then oscar will be dropped and fab will be pushed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Every time Ramires plays a little puppy dies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Reports that Kenedy has been given a work permit

Ya, heard that Kenedy will be given a WP, which is great news IMO.

It also gives us probably one more winger than we need in the squad.

Traore, Willian, Hazard, Kenedy are not going to be sold or loaned.

So Moses or Cuadrado :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, heard that Kenedy will be given a WP, which is great news IMO.

It also gives us probably one more winger than we need in the squad.

Traore, Willian, Hazard, Kenedy are not going to be sold or loaned.

So Moses or Cuadrado :pac:

Tbh I'm not sure who I'd rather sell between moses and cuadrado. Moses is looking decent atm but can he keep it up throughout the season ?? And cuadrado hasn't really got a fair chance with us yet so it's a difficult one imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Tbh I'm not sure who I'd rather sell between moses and cuadrado. Moses is looking decent atm but can he keep it up throughout the season ?? And cuadrado hasn't really got a fair chance with us yet so it's a difficult one imo

Moses for a home grown player spot?

Moses for a home grown player spot?

Moses is HG, if we off load Cuadrado it will probably be a loan with an option to buy to some side in Italy in which he'll look very good again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hyzepher wrote: »
    My understanding of what happened

1. Hazard goes down after tackle
    2. Stays down
    3. Referee signals for medical staff
    4. Medical staff attend to Hazard
    5. Jose criticizes staff for being naive

So at what point do the medical staff decide not to attend to Hazard?
    Do they have to get confirmation from Jose every time they are requested to come onto the pitch?
    Should Jose determine - from the sidelines - whether a player requires attention or not?
    Well; according to an article in the English language website of the respected Spanish Paper Marca, if the referee beckons the medical staff on, they have no option but to enter the field of play. Not being 100% up to speed on the rules governing entry onto the field of play, I don't know if the above is true or not; I'm only passing on what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

blueser wrote: »
    Well; according to an article in the English language website of the respected Spanish Paper Marca, if the referee beckons the medical staff on, they have no option but to enter the field of play. Not being 100% up to speed on the rules governing entry onto the field of play, I don't know if the above is true or not; I'm only passing on what I've read.

"respected Spanish papder Marca" genuinely made me spit out the popcorn that was in my mouth through laughter, there's kernels everywhere as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

rottie 11 wrote: »
    No way jose will bench cesc. If he is gona play zouma in midfield then oscar will be dropped and fab will be pushed up

Mikel needs to play in these type of games. He has been there and done that on numerous big occasions for us. He's class at what he does. He's won it all don't forget. Unsung hero and deserves more praise than he gets. He never hides in games and is a calm head in the middle of the park.

• Advertisement

"respected Spanish papder Marca" genuinely made me spit out the popcorn that was in my mouth through laughter, there's kernels everywhere as a result.

So you think that medical staff should ignore the officials and only go on the field when the manager of the football side say it is OK? Really?

So you think that medical staff should ignore the officials and only go on the field when the manager of the football side say it is OK? Really?

I don't care a jot about this ridiculous sideshow masquerading as football news, I don't care about what the medical staff do, what Mourinho says to the medical staff, or the journalists and fans who are more interested in talking about nonsense rather than the actual game.

My comment had nothing to do with the story, just had a good laugh at the insinuation that Marca is a respected paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I don't see that implied, all I got from that post is he clearly doesn't see marca as a respected news source.

In pretty sure he just laughed at the description of marca...

I don't care a jot about this ridiculous sideshow masquerading as football news, I don't care about what the medical staff do, what Mourinho says to the medical staff, or the journalists and fans who are more interested in talking about nonsense rather than the actual game.
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't see that implied, all I got from that post is he clearly doesn't see marca as a respected news source.
    In pretty sure he just laughed at the description of marca...

ostrich_in_sand.jpg
    pc screenshot

Imagine me sending a picture of a person facepalming.

You're not getting this I fear. This thing could have happened at any club and I wouldn't care less or more because I don't care at all. There's literally no winner in it. Mourinho looks silly, the medical staff have been unfairly propelled into the limelight, the gutter press sell their papers on the back of nonsense, Chelsea fans look silly trying to protect Mourinho or admonish the medical staff and opposition fans look silly for admonishing Chelsea fans over such a ridiculous thing. Everybody ends up looking stupid while elsewhere the fans and media actually talk about football.....you know, football, the actual sport we the sport media are supposed to cover and we are supposed to be fans of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's not sticking my head in the sand at all I just read what he said and didn't try to put words in his mouth purely for the purpose of starting an argument!

Garzorico wrote: »
    Mikel needs to play in these type of games. He has been there and done that on numerous big occasions for us. He's class at what he does. He's won it all don't forget. Unsung hero and deserves more praise than he gets. He never hides in games and is a calm head in the middle of the park.

Maybe he was good at what he did one time but all he does these days is makes mistakes. I'd probably rather him play instead of ramires tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Having been recommended that site by three or four people, including a couple of Spaniards that used to work where I do, I find the site interesting and informative site. A lot better than than some of the English paper's site, which border on the ridiculous at times. And Marca is often used by other Media outlets as a source of La Liga information. You obviously don't rate it. Fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Having been recommended that site by three or four people, including a couple of Spaniards that used to work where I do, I find the site interesting and informative site. A lot better than than some of the English paper's site, which border on the ridiculous at times. And Marca is often used by other Media outlets as a source of La Liga information. You obviously don't rate it. Fine.
    It's a tabloid for Christ sake!

Press conference today at 12:30 should be interesting, put it to bed or start the pretend outrage all over again.

Have to say it is worrying we are discussing which of Mikel or Ram might start would either get anywhere near the City side? A little fearful what could happen to Ivan as well Sunday could be yet another masterclass of how its done or a complete car crash and I am not confident either way.

Im not Ivan biggest fan but i have 100% fate in the mans ability.
    I think he will get some added protection and we will play a low block in this game so our defense should be solid. Little room for Sterling to opperate.

As for Mikel i too am not his biggest fan but i agree with Garzorico. Mikel does what he does but nothing more. The reason why id like Zouma to play is because he is more manoverable/versitile and will gain some valuable expeirence. I think thes types of games its a huge bonus to have versitle players on the pitch incase red cards or injuries when we are defending for our lives. Also goes the other way with Zouma if we are on the attack with a set piece, much rather Zouma up for a header than Mikel.

Oh an agree Mou will not drop Cesc for Oscar, but its what i would like to see.

Im not Ivan biggest fan but i have 100% fate in the mans ability.
    I think he will get some added protection and we will play a low block in this game so our defense should be solid. Little room for Sterling to opperate.

As for Mikel i too am not his biggest fan but i agree with Garzorico. Mikel does what he does but nothing more. The reason why id like Zouma to play is because he is more manoverable/versitile and will gain some valuable expeirence. I think thes types of games its a huge bonus to have versitle players on the pitch incase red cards or injuries when we are defending for our lives. Also goes the other way with Zouma if we are on the attack with a set piece, much rather Zouma up for a header than Mikel.

The experience for Zouma is a good point, the only thing is I think I'd rather Mikel's lack of movement for City, Zouma in all his eagerness and speed could easily get pulled all over the shop by Silva and friends...

Mikel would be stronger for their midfield play, Ramires/Zouma will provide Ivan more support for when Sterling inevitably sits just off him for the whole game.

Good Point but i think Zouma can carry out orders given by Mou. He would never make a defender let alone time with the PL CHAMPION :- ) if he didnt stick to what was asked of him.

I think Zouma will get around the pitch better and can out muscle Yaya.
    Id leave Willian to double up on Sterling when he is not shadowing Zabaleta.
    If we are to get some thing from this game i think we will need a good performance from Hazard on the counter.

Hazard and Costa will be our focal attacking points the rest is for defense/counter attack.
    ould not be suprized to see Rambo starting ahead of some one like Cesc/Oscar and Willian played central.

• Advertisement

Oscar was our best player against Swansea, he was sacrificed for Begovic as hes not a trusted CM like Cesc and Matic.

Its really difficult to guess whos going to be #10, CM and RW on Sunday, the rest picks itself

100% starters, barring injuries are

Begovic
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic XX
    XX XX Hazard
    Costa

Haha mate think of Marca as being like The Sun if The Sun's sole purpose were to do the bidding of a single club and answer to a single, all powerful being (in this case Florentino Perez)

Hearing on Twitter that Jose will read a statement on the medic issue today at the press conference but not answer any questions, be interesting to hear whats said.

Any one heard any thing regards financial fair play, has it been relaxed and if so why are we not spending more?

So annoying watching City PSG Barca spend when we stand still looking.

Would love to see us spend a bit more to elevate us to another level.

Any one heard any thing regards financial fair play, has it been relaxed and if so why are we not spending more?

So annoying watching City PSG Barca spend when we stand still looking.

Would love to see us spend a bit more to elevate us to another level.

Im going to guess we're and by we're I mean Roman is spending less as if the Stadium does get the greenlight its going to swallow up about 750m of his cash money.

Whats worrying is there is signs of it happening already if you want to be cynical, no marquee names this year, same year a study was published about the re-development even though UEFa have said they will relax FFP.

Buying young talented players with an eye to the future, we've always done that but we're buying "better" talent now for cheap, Nathan and Kenedy being 2 stnd outs of that philisophy, Traore too.

At this moment, I'd prefer a new Stamford Bridge anyway as it ensures the long term success of the club and it may sacrifice short term pain for it.

• Advertisement

PRESS CONF via daily mail

Look, I hope this room is full because the champions will be playing against the former champion, because of the transfer window because we have hopefully a big match on Sunday, but I knew it already. It is not a surprise. No question.
    'I don't want to run away from it. I accept the question, and understand. First of all, I want to say I have a fantastic medical department, with a top doctor in Dr Paco Biosca, more than a dozen professionals, very good relation with them and, as they tell me all the time, they they were never praised so much as in last few years.
    'I praise them lots of times. They don't forget that, I don't. We have disagreements during this period, we need disagreements to improve. We work together.'

'Dr Fearne and Dr Carneiro could be on the bench in the future'
    'Your question about the bench. For some people it's important. For others, it's not... It's my decision. I have seven assistants, only four can go on bench.

'Seven kitmen, only two. Medical, only two on bench... Dr Fearne and Dr Carneiro will not be on the bench, but doesn't mean Sunday is the rest of the season or the rest of their careers.
    'My decision does not mean they won't be on the bench in the future.
    'If you want to speak about football, I'm here. If you want to talk about other issues, I'm not here.'

'The game is emotional... if anyone thinks team is affected, they don't have a clue'
    Asked if he regretted the incident last weekend, Mourinho said: 'The game is emotional space for every one of us.... football is football. The match is the match. And everything in the match can be different.
    'In the meeting I had with my medical staff yesterday, the feedback I got is that the relationships we had going back two years we good relations.
    'If somebody thinks that a disagreement between two members of the medical staff and the manager can affect the week, that is don't have a clue about what football is and what the preparations for matches is.

Mourinho now talking about Sunday's match:
    '38 weeks is a marathon that started last month and lasts 10 months. I cannot say it is crucial but it is very, very important. But there are two title contenders and if you can get three points, it is important. But the game does not decide anything for the winner nor anything for the loser.'

'I am open to mistakes'
    'I have a fantastic relationship with everyone that works with me. I am open to mistakes, I am open to dialogue, I am open to critics. As some of the people in the medical staff said yesterday, we improve together.
    Asked whether he had a message for worried supporters:

'Chelsea supporters are worried about the transfer window. Since Mr Abramovich bought the club, Chelsea supporters cannot speak in a negative way about the transfer market. They can only praise the owner and praise the board. What he has done is absolutely amazing, it is a fantastic contribution. The club won titles.'

I HEARD THIS BIT A JOURNALIST ASKED JOSE SOME CHELSEA SUPPORTERS WORRIED ABOUT THE TRANSFER WINDOW

he doesn't believe the players need an explanation as to why Dr Carneiro and Dr Fearn won't be on the bench on Sunday.
    'The most important thing for the players is the medical care they have during the week,' he says.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3197473/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-news-conference-LIVE-Boss-speaks-time-Eva-Carneiro-backlash.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3197687/Jose-Mourinho-says-Eva-Carneiro-Jon-Fearn-return-Chelsea-bench-future.html

Well the press conference a bit of a damp squid, praised the medical department and pointed out quite clearly this is something he regularly does. Accepts there will be disagreements at times but by and large the working relationship within the club is excellent. Jon Fearn and Eva Carneiro will not be on the bench on Sunday says he has a medical staff of 12 only 2 can be on the bench. Said they could be in future but will not be on Sunday no different to the 7 players every week who do not make the bench.

Oscar picked up a knock in training a doubt for Sunday everyone else fit.

Brushed off lack of transfer activity said window not closed yet and intimated they will only buy of the right players are available referred to 2 seasons ago when we did not buy a striker as we knew Costa was coming the following year. Said our business is done behind closed doors not in public and don't forget the window is not closed as yet.

more here from telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11802868/Jose-Mourinho-Eva-Carneiro-Chelsea-press-conference-live.html

jose 'the transfer window is open until the end of august . we will do things when its the right time to do things'

Getting in Rahman will hopefully provide us with competition at LB as well as RB.

Ivan can no longer be considered a 100% to start every game IMO.

Getting in Rahman will hopefully provide us with competition at LB as well as RB.

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Felt like this Rahman deal has taken ages too, I'll be happy to see it confirmed.

With regard to Sunday, Oscar is a doubt so Mikel or Ramirez will surely start. We will likely go for the 0-0 draw which is Mikel's ideal game and a game plan which he actually does well in so I wouldn't mind him playing to be honest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's a credit to the guy that this makes me happy. He's been a great defender for what feels like an eternity and there aren't many others I can think of who have such a habit of scoring really ****ing annoying goals. Park Ji-Sung too, maybe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I don't believe that we are goosed if we lose , but any further dropped points on City in the coming weeks if we do lose could see us fcuked .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Jose is a worried man. This spat with his physios is just bizarre even by his standards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement