Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Korat wrote: »
    Jose is a worried man. This spat with his physios is just bizarre even by his standards.
    This is a total non sequitur. I dislike apples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Getting in Rahman will hopefully provide us with competition at LB as well as RB.

Ivan can no longer be considered a 100% to start every game IMO.

I thought was going to be the case with Luis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    I thought was going to be the case with Luis :rolleyes:

Rahman has youth on his side anyway which is a huge plus over Luis last year.

The issue isnt replacing Azp, as a LB the guy is easily top 3 in the league and its not even his natural position.

Ivan is 30 I think so he'll be out to pastures new soon enough hopefully.

I wonder if City sold out the Etihad for this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That press conference was the stupidest thing Jose has done since returning to England. One can only but hope this is an elaborate ruse to distract City.

Ake to watford done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Korat wrote: »
    Jose is a worried man. This spat with his physios is just bizarre even by his standards.
    Yawn.

Jose is the boss on the pitch. He prepares the ground like no other, and plays the percentages better than practically anyone else. The haters on this thread would be better off learning from how a master balances so many variables in getting the most out the modern game.

I'm going for a draw against City. I don't think it's one we're going to lose.

I'm also going for a bit more activity before the window closes.

On the squad front, getting Kenedy and Rahman on board constitutes decent business. Stones (or equivalent) is another building block.

At this point, getting decent cover for Costa would be icing on the cake.

Pogba would, of course, be a whole cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I wonder if City sold out the Etihad for this game?

Tickets were on general sale this week

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    On the squad front, getting Kenedy and Rahman on board constitutes decent business. Stones (or equivalent) is another building block.

At this point, getting decent cover for Costa would be icing on the cake.

Pogba would, of course, be a whole cake.

A Mr Kipling factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I wish they'd shut up about the doctor Carneiro shíte at this stage ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I see Stoke have signed kagawa, more shrewd business from sparky.

Nathan scores fOr vitesse

https://vine.co/v/edLwdvWIVLb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

United win so puts the pressure on us at the weekend

United win so puts the pressure on us at the weekend

108pts left to play for after sunday no matter what the result its only 2 games in we'll be grand ;)

• Advertisement

108pts left to play for after sunday no matter what the result its only 2 games in we'll be grand ;)

if there is any good time to drop points its at the start ... not that I'm confident at all this season ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

duploelabs wrote: »

Who did Juve buy again can anyone remind me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

where did you see that?

• I see Stoke have signed kagawa, more shrewd business from sparky.
    ???? Source please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

where did you see that?
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ???? Source please

Probably from this dodgy photo-shop.....

CMZ4LqFWgAAdiFk.jpg

Which is very similar to this......

Shinji-Kagawa.jpg

Paul Hayward ladies and gentlemen :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11805082/Chelsea-have-become-the-Millwall-of-the-Premier-League-and-Jose-Mourinho-is-to-blame.html
    Chelsea have become the Millwall of the Premier League - and Jose Mourinho is to blame
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Yeah stupid comparison in fairness but the rest of the articles spot on.

Anything to comment on it or just the millwall accusation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

JT26 wrote: »
    Spot on? Do you write for the DM?:pac:

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Yeah stupid comparison in fairness but the rest of the articles spot on.

Anything to comment on it or just the millwall accusation?

They forget to mention 'and it makes no difference whatsoever'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well now the plot thickens , well it is a Sun story so may be rubbish , but in fairness she is a stunner whom could catch many the eye , TBH and probably wont be a popular opinion but temptation is best kept away from some of these lads who think downstairs first before anything else .

http://www.90min.com/posts/2463726-eva-carneiro-s-ex-boyfriend-claims-she-slept-with-one-of-the-chelsea-players?ref=facebook&team=chelsea&utm_campaign=Chelsea&utm_medium=fan_pages&utm_source=facebook.com
    Article wrote:
    If Chelsea team doctor Eva Carneiro thought she was in the headlines enough this week, she was wrong, after the ​Sun sprung a story following an interview with her ex-boyfriend, claiming that Carneiro may have had an affair with one of the Chelsea first team players.

Rupert Patterson-Ward, who himself is a Blues fan, dated the gorgeous physio for over a year and the advertising salesman spilled the beans over aspects of Carneiro's personal life, "This woman ruined my life. Eva would blurt out she had slept with one of the players during heated rows. She said it just to make me feel bad. I don’t believe it was true

Well now the plot thickens , well it is a Sun story so may be rubbish , but in fairness she is a stunner whom could catch many the eye , TBH and probably wont be a popular opinion but temptation is best kept away from some of these lads who think downstairs first before anything else .

http://www.90min.com/posts/2463726-eva-carneiro-s-ex-boyfriend-claims-she-slept-with-one-of-the-chelsea-players?ref=facebook&team=chelsea&utm_campaign=Chelsea&utm_medium=fan_pages&utm_source=facebook.com

who the f*** cares anymore?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Team v Man City: Begovic; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa.

No surprises there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I see its Oscar's turn to get frozen out. 1 game into the season and he has fallen out with 2 medical staff and Oscar. I wonder who's turn it is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I see its Oscar's turn to get frozen out. 1 game into the season and he has fallen out with 2 medical staff and Oscar. I wonder who's turn it is today.

Source on Oscar being frozen out rather than injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Embarrassing performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Absolutely idiotic post, why would you even come in here and make such a insinuation without even checking the facts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

We really need a new attacking right winger.. also what's wrong with our defence ?? Cesc looking pure **** aswel

Only caught the last ten minuets of the half and it didn't look as bad as it had sounded on the radio. Hope kenedy gets wrapped up soon as he looked a little special although he'd probably get loaned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johner wrote: »
    Embarrassing performance.

Think I have seen us play better for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

rottie 11 wrote: »
    We really need a new attacking right winger.. also what's wrong with our defence ?? Cesc looking pure **** aswel

We really are struggling with a **** fab and a quiet haz.

If we had another rb Ivan would be dropped for the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hots wrote: »
    If we had another rb Ivan would be dropped for the next game.

if the Rahman signing had been completed a few weeks ago you could play him and move over Azp, but it would be tough for him to come straight into the team if he signed this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

3-0 and he shouldn't even be on the pitch.

2 games in and pl challenge is OVER
    And you might think it's stupid to say this
    It's only 5 pts with 36 games left - but it's not the points it's the team , it's mourinhos attitude (the man is poison)- this whole farce about the medical team and now this week he was moaning about Wenger ??? Why ?? Are we playing arsenal this week ??
    The man just wants to alienate as many people as possible and like all teams he has 1-2 good seasons and then it goes to shît , well this is the season it goes to shît .

Fûck this shît , I'll be happier if djokovic wins tonight ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

Bollox.

the_monkey wrote: »
    2 games in and pl challenge is OVER
    And you might think it's stupid to say this
    It's only 5 pts with 36 games left - but it's not the points it's the team , it's mourinhos attitude (the man is poison)- this whole farce about the medical team and now this week he was moaning about Wenger ??? Why ?? Are we playing arsenal this week ??
    The man just wants to alienate as many people as possible and like all teams he has 1-2 good seasons and then it goes to shît , well this is the season it goes to shît .

Fûck this shît , I'll be happier if djokovic wins tonight ...

Would ya every cop on.

• Advertisement

Rahman briefly appeared as being signed on this website then disappeared. Deal must be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can we ban monkey from this thread ? Lol

That was as close to a hockeying as I've seen under Mou. Long time fan of Ivan, but with two epic fails today, his number is officially up.

Cuadrado wasn't bad. He's just not a gamechanger. Marginally better than Rambo, but that's not what we paid for.

The Matic-Cesc axis was ineffectual. Matic needs a different partner, and Cesc a different role.

It's becoming clearer that much of the team that won the EPL last year is on its last legs, and won't be able to lead the pack. We may just hang onto coattails, but any teams taking the season by the throat will pull ahead of us.

It seems our prep has been poor, and our signings too late, and so far insignificant. I can see us losing more ground before we steady the ship. That kind of makes us Arsenal this season, doesn't it. At least two decent signings still required.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can we ban monkey from this thread ? Lol

Ah no! He the unreality check we sometimes need. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I take back my Oscar comment. He didn't look a happy panda last week when he scored and was gesturing at the bench. I assumed he was added to the list of people getting frozen out.

But I was correct about a new person to get the treatment. This time it is John Terry :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement