Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

According to Niall Quinn, Terry's finished. I'm guessing you lads won't be in agreement with that. Souness and Henry certainly aren't!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I see its Oscar's turn to get frozen out. 1 game into the season and he has fallen out with 2 medical staff and Oscar. I wonder who's turn it is today.

He was injured :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

blueser wrote: »
    According to Niall Quinn, Terry's finished. I'm guessing you lads won't be in agreement with that. Souness and Henry certainly aren't!

Sounds more like him trying to be controversial or getting his name out than him being right

What Jose said was right, Zouma is the fastest defender we have and Aguero was having success. We were going to be pushing since we were 1 down, Terry could have been a liability at the back

Can we sign Pogba, Stones and Griezmann before the end of the window ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Gas really we are being toasted replace a 34 year old with a 21 year old and the press think this is a some screen. We were awful first half should really have been 3 or 4 down. Had Haz done what he normally does its 1-1and it is a different game and then the JT is a stroke of genius.

We lost badly to champions of 2 of the last 3 seasons, we have a lot to do but it will come. The whole JT thing is just something for the haters to snack on sad lives that they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

hots wrote: »
    Would ya every cop on.

Really ? You think mourinhos attitude is ok ?
    Who is he blaming for this defeat ?
    When Chelsea are ahead they are great but when they are chasing the pack they are brutal - and its because of mourinhos ****e they are , imaging how embarrassing it must be for top players to have to listen to a a manager Moaning that they only lost xos wenger paid the refs or that the ENGLISH media just "hate Chelsea "

Them being on top from the start last season was key to them winning the title. Let's see this year.
    You can call me negative but bookmark this post and let's see next May -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Can we sign Pogba, Stones and Griezmann before the end of the window ? :pac:

A club of our ambition should be nailing two out of three.

BTW, the transfer window should be closed before the major leagues kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Geoff Schreeves . They say he pulled a muscle but he walked passed me and said nothing and walked briskly . Some of the worst journalism you can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

peteeeed wrote: »
    Geoff Schreeves . They say he pulled a muscle but he walked passed me and said nothing and walked briskly . Some of the worst journalism you can get

By Jeff's standards that's actually high quality reputable journalism!

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Really ? You think mourinhos attitude is ok ?
    Who is he blaming for this defeat ?
    When Chelsea are ahead they are great but when they are chasing the pack they are brutal - and its because of mourinhos ****e they are , imaging how embarrassing it must be for top players to have to listen to a a manager Moaning that they only lost xos wenger paid the refs or that the ENGLISH media just "hate Chelsea "

Them being on top from the start last season was key to them winning the title. Let's see this year.
    You can call me negative but bookmark this post and let's see next May -

Pop down the local book store and look at the cover of "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe" and take it in.

One Swallow does not make a summer so relax trust Him. he is Chelsea through and through and just wants to make sure he has Waitrose eggs not Crazy Prices eggs.

Turtwig wrote: »
    By Jeff's standards that's actually high quality reputable journalism!

Sad to say but that's true really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Fabregas, Ramires and Ivanovic need to be dropped. Willian was fairly anonymous too. We missed Oscar today and he' a big loss for West Brom too. We're crying out for a CM and a RW. Falcao is going to be a flop. We should have strengthened more, instead we let our rivals get stronger. I think the team needs more then John Stones to really push on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Jose has made a very very strange decision with how our pre season shipped up ,

Ivanovic looks a real liability on the right side of the defence , Id happily see him at CB with either Terry or Cahill .

Cesc has been pants all pre season and again today , Ramieres is no longer good enough for the team , offers nothing bar an " engine " Cuadardo is a really pile of steaming $oo ( And Jose signed him ! )

Hazard not at the races either , all well and good if by the 4th game of the season were in great shape and winning but as Arsenal found out last year , a bad start can cost you the league .

And one more thing of note , and I said this last year an awful lot and seen a journalist say it today ,

Augero created chance after chance and scored his goal , Costa went looking for fights and to win frees and offered nothing.

Cant get my head around the Falco signing when the oppertunity was there to bring a big name on board to really shake things up .

Last season is becoming a distant memory very quickly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think Fabregas, Ramires and Ivanovic need to be dropped. Willian was fairly anonymous too. We missed Oscar today and he' a big loss for West Brom too. We're crying out for a CM and a RW. Falcao is going to be a flop. We should have strengthened more, instead we let our rivals get stronger. I think the team needs more then John Stones to really push on.
    Oscar was missed but could have been dropped anyway. I don't think it's any coincidence that 3 players who's spots are nailed on are underperforming, fab, haz and the other #10. Cuadrado should have been the competition did the attacking players but he's poor. For once I think we need to spend too bring in something elite.

The big loss is that last year's stars are woeful, the average players are still grand but the big ones are actually below average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Souness may have something when he implied in the post match analasis that Jose was making a statement to Roman about the need for transfers with the subing of terry and the introduction of caudrado, I did think his comments in the pre match press conference about the fans who were unhappy with Romans lack of desire to open the cheque book were a little dig and a subtle hint to Roman to bring in some big players.
    Whatever the reason for his substitutions our problems lie deeper than Stones and Rahman, Cesc has become a liability and the three forward players seem lost for ideas. Oscar was our shining light last week and ramreis is no substitute for him anymore. Id have been much happier to see Moses instead of Caudrado.

I'd love to see this side against WBA next week, give some of them a kick up the hole

Courtois
    Azp Zouma Terry Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Traore Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Would drop Costa but Remy was even worse against Arsenal

Someone like RLC or Traore deserves a shot when people aren't performing, if people think they're undropable then their performances can only go one way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Pop down the local book store and look at the cover of "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe" and take it in.

One Swallow does not make a summer so relax trust Him. he is Chelsea through and through and just wants to make sure he has Waitrose eggs not Crazy Prices eggs.

Apart from when he was managing Porto,Inter and Real Madrid of course.

Apart from when he was managing Porto,Inter and Real Madrid of course.

He had to do something after he was forced out

I wouldn't say he's Chelsea through and through, but he does have a special affinity towards the club

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

He had to do something after he was forced out

I wouldn't say he's Chelsea through and through, but he does have a special affinity towards the club

Why?

He was with Chelsea for 3 years the first time.

Hardly a huge bond. His time is coming and he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Why?

He was with Chelsea for 3 years the first time.

Hardly a huge bond. His time is coming and he knows it.

Better tell the board so because they are after giving him a 4 year contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Lukker- wrote: »
    Better tell the board so because they are after giving him a 4 year contract.

Great.

I'm referring to the previous post about a special affinity or whatever.

He will happily drop Chelsea like he has before and Chelsea will do the same.

Roman leaving after he gets bored .... 10 years later still there still supporting
    If TSHO fails to win anything he will be sacked ..... Failed to win anything 2013/2014 but still there
    TSHO will get the three year itch and will leave ... Signs a 4 year contract just before the start of the season.

Haters are worried about what is happening at the Bridge and are fearful, same as City they are only going to get better and better.

Still haters gotta hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The loss today might be the wakeup call needed to mix things up a little and spend on some new talent.

I’m glad the window is still open !

Iirc, José signed a four year contract with Real just before he left.

Contract extensions mean almost nothing in the sport nowadays. Just a bigger pay for early release.

• Advertisement

Iirc, José signed a four year contract with Real just before he left.

You recall incorrectly he had one year left,

Haters gotta hate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

fabregas was a liability today. city were exploiting his careless defending.

am expecting though when chelsea play the poorer teams that he will be assisting falcao a lot.

i was surprized jose didnt play a three man MF

Wtf is with "haters going to hate".

These days criticism of someone apparently equals hatred. Why not just make a Nazi comparison and be done with it? Both are just as extreme.

Cesc has started as bad this year as he was good last year.

City were brilliant in the first half we looked like we had a few too many Saturday night but I am quite sure TSHO will get it right and we will be right there at the end of the seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Nice little meltdown after 2 games. Fail to win next week and it be a relegation battle. Just hope the team wakes up and a few squad players start next week. It might shake up the core team and push on from last year. But why Falco I just don't see it happening for him as another torres a once great player on the decline

• Advertisement

Why not just make a Nazi comparison and be done with it? Both are just as extreme.

You'd expect the crazy posts to be coming from chelsea fans in the Chelsea thread and when we're not doing well. That's as good as the muamba one the other day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Nice little meltdown after 2 games. Fail to win next week and it be a relegation battle. Just hope the team wakes up and a few squad players start next week. It might shake up the core team and push on from last year. But why Falco I just don't see it happening for him as another torres a once great player on the decline

falcao will score. against the poorer teams fabregas will assist him or indirect assist him a lot.

united had no one to see his runs last year.

Wtf is with "haters going to hate".

These days criticism of someone apparently equals hatred. Why not just make a Nazi comparison and be done with it? Both are just as extreme.

OK I will give you a benefit of the doubt, give me any source for the 4 year RM contract.....

You made it up same as earlier someone else makes up Oscar falling out stories.

Why come onto to the Chelsea thread making up stories

Because in my opinion you hate Chelsea and TSHO and as we are having a sticky start it makes you feel better to vent it.

As I said haters gotta hate

Tubbs4 wrote: »

Yeah he definitely wasn't the right man to change the flow of the game that was needed today. Neither was Cuadrado either. At least moses would have added some tenacity and pace to the team.

hots wrote: »
    You'd expect the crazy posts to be coming from chelsea fans in the Chelsea thread and when we're not doing well. That's as good as the muamba one the other day.

Oh yea had forgotten that one from dfx absolute comic gold was that, thanks for cheering me up on a less than perfect day.

Still had a lovely bottle of Austrian red with the match, quite unusual indeed a bit like us losing 3-0

Oh yea had forgotten that one from dfx absolute comic gold was that, thanks for cheering me up on a less than perfect day.

Still had a lovely bottle of Austrian red with the match, quite unusual indeed a bit like us losing 3-0

Was Guinness followed by whiskey myself... Didn't help.

OK I will give you a benefit of the doubt, give me any source for the 4 year RM contract.....

You made it up same as earlier someone else makes up Oscar falling out stories.

Why come onto to the Chelsea thread making up stories

Because in my opinion you hate Chelsea and TSHO and as we are having a sticky start it makes you feel better to vent it.

As I said haters gotta hate

Signed a four year contract in 2012 left the following year.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/22/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-contract

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/22583729

I got the timeline on seasons slightly wrong. He got the extension the season before he left. Not as I'd stated the one where he left.

Gators going to gate or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Do flair players end up getting Mourinho'd at Chelsea after a season or so?

Some do, some go the other way though, haz being the obvious example, willian looking far better on the ball this year too. I'd say it's more flair players coming from easier teams are told to do the basics first before they can be more expressive...

Signed a four year contract in 2012 left the following year.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/22/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-contract

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/22583729

I got the timeline on seasons slightly wrong. He got the extension the season before he left. Not as I'd stated the one where he left.

Nice to see when pushed you accept things were made up kudos

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ah who cares?

The problem isn't Mourinho, he's the best manager in the world for Chelsea. All the drama is coming from fans of rivals. This thread is nice and peaceful and then someone whose business is elsewhere will pop in to say something stupid with a half-baked ill-informed opinion based on an equally poorly founded "news article."

It's nothing but a nuisance.

Don't think so Willian and Hazard have improved but the team has a balance problem at the minute I think. Last season we got into a good position and then played very conservative football but there is little doubt that Ivan's legs have totally gone be it just jaded after a tough preseason and that more than anything is unbalancing us. Poor old Willian works his socks off whilst Hazard has an easier time on the left because Dave can defend.

All our defenders have to be on song to allow us the luxury of Cesc, carrying Cesc and Ivan is too much in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You do have a venerable back line it must be said.

Ah who cares?

The problem isn't Mourinho, he's the best manager in the world for Chelsea. All the drama is coming from fans of rivals. This thread is nice and peaceful and then someone whose business is elsewhere will pop in to say something stupid with a half-baked ill-informed opinion based on an equally poorly founded "news article."

It's nothing but a nuisance.

Good point ........ Well made

Nice to see when pushed you accept things were made up kudos

?
    That's just it, I stated "iirc". Then you bluntly stated I was incorrect when I wasn't. Then you deliberately implied I made stuff up. Despite putting aside some time to show this was not the case you still insist I made stuff up. :confused::confused:

Seriously?:confused::confused:

Regarding "flair" players being mourinho'd. Not especially. Rather Jose has an ideal system (which is actually beginning to work against him - whether he admits that or not is another matter entirely.). Players who fit that system get game time. Those that can't or won't fit the system get shafted and if they're confidence players their form suffers.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's a vulnerability. :pac:

It's really just Cahill and Ivan who are consistently inconsistent.

All I can say is thank God Bergovic stayed off the pints last night he was outstanding first half. Be interesting who is between the sticks next week.

Baba II to wear number 17 same as Albert Ferrer, hope he turns out to be as good.

And another thing, this is nothing new, it was happening toward the end of last season only we had a nice point cushion to sort ourselves out before it ended up a massive collapse - plus some teams did us huge favours dropping silly points.

• Advertisement

Just watched MOTD there .... Fake result ???

ah f*ck off Mourinho ... seriously ... grow up take the loss and move on ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement