Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I know we've got the appeal in but assuming it gets overturned what/who do we play? Not Matic and Mikel still out for a couple of weeks... does that mean Rambo has to anchor the team :o? or maybe Aké has to step up? Would definitely prefer the latter with Cesc having to play a more sensible role than usual beside him. Ramires in that role with Eriksen lurking could be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know we've got the appeal in but assuming it gets overturned what/who do we play? Not Matic and Mikel still out for a couple of weeks... does that mean Rambo has to anchor the team :o? or maybe Aké has to step up? Would definitely prefer the latter with Cesc having to play a more sensible role than usual beside him. Ramires in that role with Eriksen lurking could be a disaster.

I'd love to see Loftus Cheek.

I know it's fantasy land completely but it'd be like Bertrand starting the CL final.

We need to change the system regardless. I think we should play 4-3-3. Spurs struggled against both Fiorentina and West Ham who employed similar systems. Keep their full backs pinned back and they don't really tick like they normally do.

I have a feeling it could be a fairly free scoring game, we don't really have a defensive shield without Matic or Mikel.

I could even see Zouma deployed as a DM. I don't trust Ramires to track Eriksen one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We've only appealed the severity of the ban not the wrongful issuing of the card AFAIK, so that means a) it wont be over turned but might get reduced and b) they cant tack on another game for weasting their time if the appeal fails.

I reckon he'll get a reduced ban, I'm hoping so anyway, so I'm working on the assumption he wont play in the Final and until we hear otherwise I'd imagine Jose is too.

With that it has to be Cesc and Ramires, our back options are then RLC or Ake, of course we could try and go 4-3-3 and pin them in with our wingers as without Matic theres no tmuch ability to get around the centre of the pitch intelligently. Ramires will run all day but hes as likely to let someone run in off him.

So what I'd hope to see would be

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Ramires Cesc Oscar
    Willian Costa Hazard

Jose has 3 huge calls to make :
    1) who plays on goal
    2) who partners JT
    3) who replaces Matic and how

Whats the chances of Jose springing Zouma as a CDM alongside Cesc?

Lukker- wrote: »

We need to change the system regardless. I think we should play 4-3-3.

I could even see Zouma deployed as a DM. I don't trust Ramires to track Eriksen one bit.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    With that it has to be Cesc and Ramires, our back options are then RLC or Ake, of course we could try and go 4-3-3 and pin them in with our wingers as without Matic theres no tmuch ability to get around the centre of the pitch intelligently. Ramires will run all day but hes as likely to let someone run in off him.

:p

Great minds guys :D Didn't consider it but either himself or Ake would be better than Ramires. I'd say it's 90% going to be him and Cesc though. Don't think we'll see a system change.

• Advertisement

:p

Great minds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I actually disagree, they have the easiest draw of the English teams but it's not going to be a cake walk. Monaco have a mean defense, exactly the type of team that Wenger hates playing IMO.

I fancy Monaco to be honest. Few of my Arsenal supporting mates are making light of them, finally have an easy draw etc but Monaco are dangerous, If they get a decent result tomorrow night to bring back to Monaco Arsenal are in trouble imo.

Great minds guys :D Didn't consider it but either himself or Ake would be better than Ramires. I'd say it's 90% going to be him and Cesc though. Don't think we'll see a system change.

I'd be surprised to see either a 4-3-3 or Zouma in the anchor but theres a slight possibility it could happen.

Cech/Courtois
    Cahill/Zouma

They're the main talking points from the starting XI I'd say I'd prefer Courtois and Zouma.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I fancy Monaco to be honest. Few of my Arsenal supporting mates are making light of them, finally have an easy draw etc but Monaco are dangerous, If they get a decent result tomorrow night to bring back to Monaco Arsenal are in trouble imo.

Monaco have scored sweet F.A. this year though and its likely they'll miss out on UCL football next year unless the up their game in France considerably.

I think Arsenal will go through by 2 goals anyway, win in london and score draw away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'd be surprised if City beat Pool away next weekend, Pool are in good form at the moment and will certainly put it up to City, dont forget theyve a chance to points on the board against a rival as Spurs arent playing.

I'll be cheering us and pool on in the same day, feels weird and dirty but if we win and pool win then f**k it, anyhting can happen.

I know about their defence but theyve got 5 or 6 players out of the game I'm sure I read somewhere. If Arsenal take a lead to Monaco they'll go through with ease I'd reckon, would make for an interesting 2nd leg too.

The Thursday to Sunday lunchtime that Liverpool have to turn around gives City the advantage imo. Liverpool are playing excellently atm but coming back from Turkey late on Thursday gives very little recovery time.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    The Thursday to Sunday lunchtime that Liverpool have to turn around gives City the advantage imo. Liverpool are playing excellently atm but coming back from Turkey late on Thursday gives very little recovery time.

Of course not, Friday will be a recovery day, maybe a light afternoon session or physio session if needed for some players.

City will have had 48hours more rest than Pool and it could tell late on, City also have the best away record in the league.

I'd make City favourites but wouldnt rule out Pool getting a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Suspension reduced to 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Of course not, Friday will be a recovery day, maybe a light afternoon session or physio session if needed for some players.

City will have had 48hours more rest than Pool and it could tell late on, City also have the best away record in the league.

I'd make City favourites but wouldnt rule out Pool getting a result.

I certainly think City will be in better shape, dependent on the team Rodgers picks. Those trips into Europe, especially the further reaches, really take their toll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johner wrote: »

FA taking the p**s really

Was hoping to be reduced to 1 but that's better than nothing.

Load of bo**ocks, was hoping for a one game suspension at most but f**k it and we get on with it.

I thik the West Ham away game will be more diffic ult than Southampton and would have preferred him back for that but what can ya do.

greendom wrote: »
    I certainly think City will be in better shape, dependent on the team Rodgers picks. Those trips into Europe, especially the further reaches, really take their toll

After the 1-1 at Anfield Rodgers has to put out a good team you'd imagine.

Besiktas are no mugs and depending on how the league goes EL might be a good option to get to the UCL.

Which also is good for us as Spurs are away in Italy Thursday night.

I wonder how Dave would do alongside Cesc would have the defensive discipline at least and allow a very fluid back 5.

If anyone still thinks there is not a vendetta against Chelsea at the FA well they can forget that that now, Matic verdict shows they condone violent play against us but not alleged violent play by us.

I wonder how Dave would do alongside Cesc would have the defensive discipline at least and allow a very fluid back 5.

If anyone still thinks there is not a vendetta against Chelsea at the FA well they can forget that that now, Matic verdict shows they condone violent play against us but not alleged violent play by us.

We can just be thankful they found it in their hearts to reduce it two games after the vicious and dangerous push by Matic carried more precedent for a banning than the timid and soft tap on the ankle by Barnes.

At lest the club are not taking the decision lying down

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/chelsea-fc-appalled-with-the-fa-s-decision-on-matic.html?

Proper order as well total joke in very poor taste

• Advertisement

Ah but you have to see it from the FAs POV theyre being the good guys here by reducing the ban when they didnt have to.

TBH its a joke, I'd have got over a 1 game ban but to reduce it by just 1 while Barnes get to run around for the next 3 games kicking lumps out of people is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Joke of a decision....Matic should have been rescinded and Barnes should have had retrospetive action. Dyche actually went and did a full Mourinho with it on his 'analysis' also. Silly stuff...and he will soon be attacking an opposition player for something similar in the near future.

Ridiculous decision. It doesn't take a genius to see that a push getting a ban and a potentially leg breaking tackle getting nothing doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

After the 1-1 at Anfield Rodgers has to put out a good team you'd imagine.

??

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    ??

Was thinking of Spurs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

The fact it was even reduced at all means an admission of error. Expected it to be reduced to 1 game but to a 2 game ban, wtf is that about!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Was hoping to be reduced to 1 but that's better than nothing.

Are they saying it's an orange card ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

The Barnes thing will even itself out. Someone will crunch him and he'll be out for long enough. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Chelsea fan playing among one of the Premiership teams.

Barca 1 up.

Chewy louie.

I blame Hart and Kompany

City are going to be out but if we lose the league to this lot it will be unforgivable. They are toilet.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

They're falling apart after half an hour. It could be embarrassing.

Messi ie peerless when hes on this form though.

City are going to be out but if we lose the league to this lot it will be unforgivable. They are toilet.

Toures a huuuuuuge loss

• Advertisement

City look woeful, killing my draws double I went for tonight :/

Toures a huuuuuuge loss

Playing two up front is the first problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ffs of course city wont perform when we want them to .

UCL done deal for Barça , other teams shouldn't bother turning up for matches

Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Christ. Men against boys. This is how City's season can fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Lol at city

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Lol at city

Just means if we stay in it weve an extra 2 games than them. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just means if we stay in it weve an extra 2 games than them. :o

I kno lol but I just cant bring myself to cheer for them tbh

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I kno lol but I just cant bring myself to cheer for them tbh

I hate barca more but love messi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

You'd swear it was that difficult..

Fingers crossed they hold on for a 2-1, means they still have to show up to the nou camp at least

Fingers crossed they hold on for a 2-1, means they still have to show up to the nou camp at least

I can see barca getting another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I think the FA have made a fool of themselves with the verdict today, they have neither shown the courage to stick to there guns after jose ramped up the pressure on Sunday morning or admitted that matc's red wasn't deemed as violent conduct. Instead they have shown weekess and left it in no mans land where it'll be difficult to explain there reasoning.
    In truth they neither wanted to give in to jose but we're afraid of the fallout if they had upheld the original decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

So City will be out of the Champions League early.... If we progress against PSG then I honestly expect that to be worth 2-3 points in the title race to City....

Starting to get very concerned that we won't win the league

So City will be out of the Champions League early.... If we progress against PSG then I honestly expect that to be worth 2-3 points in the title race to City....

Starting to get very concerned that we won't win the league

All in for the UCL so it is :pac:

With the cup final subday its a simple yet effective notion.

Win this for Matic and f**k the FA.

Matic should be out there giving his all but hes not able too.

Thise playing should go out there and do this for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement