Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not sure what you want Him to say. He accepts we were awful in the first half and lucky to be a goal down. Better in the second Rams goal was just onside Hazard should have scored then two absolute brain farts by Ivan and it is 3-0.

City deserved it no doubt but there was a marked improvement in the second half TSHO obviously wants to protect his players. He can't do right by some but again whilst he might be a little economic with the truth from time to time as Hullabaloo says he is the best in the world for us.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

the_monkey wrote: »
    Just watched MOTD there .... Fake result ???

ah f*ck off Mourinho ... seriously ... grow up take the loss and move on ....

He's right though, should've been 3-1 but for a dodgy linesman. :D

Also, City should have had at least one red, which presumably has been done to death by MOTD etc but there were definitely decisions that went against us.

We weren't good enough - a point Mourinho also conceded post-match - so I'm not sure how much further you wanted him to go. He even criticised individual players and that's not something he does lightly.

Overall, we got pounded and we deserved it. That's just the way of it and the biggest disappointment for any Chelsea fan is not what the manager says after the match. It's not even the scoreline. It's the way we played and it wasn't anywhere near good enough. We'd do well to beat Kidderminster Harriers paying like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i would hope behind closed doors jose takes what happened on board and realises we badly need a box to box CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

TSHO

Am I the only one who hasn't a clue what this means ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

RayCon wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hasn't a clue what this means ? :confused:

I think it means "the special humble one" bit of an embarrassing nickname tbh.

• Advertisement

I think it means "the special humble one" bit of an embarrassing nickname tbh.

Does it really news to me is that. More made up guff haters gotta hate I guess really don't know why people make up stuff under an umbrella of iirc or I read or I think.

Sad for them really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well that was a ****e weekend :pac:

Still though, dont mind losing to City at this stage of the season, better to be playing catch up now than with a handful of games left to go. For every article last year that said we were going to win everything after a few games we're going to get similar yet opposite views this year on how the team is finished, Jose will leave and we'll be in League 2 in a few years, its classic over reaction.

Were City the better side? course they were Aguero should have had a hat trick if it wasnt for a couple of good saves from Begovic.

Is there a case for panicing with the fact we've brought in nobdy of "star" quality? I dont think so, yes we all want a Pogba/Varane type deal but no club has completed a transfer of a superstar this year, bar maybe PSG but Di Maria never wanted to be at Utd anyway.

Do we have an issue of the right and right central channels? Yes and I think its glaring IMO and I would have said the same last year too. Ivan is all heart mixed with a limited ability from open play, one of his biggest assets, being good in both boxes was nullified yesterday by Kompany, go further up the pitch, Ramires and Willian are like Ivanovic, pure athletes but their end product leaves a lot to be desired. Cahill as the right CB too isnt exactly comforting, I'll get to that next though.

Was starting JT and then taking him off after 45mins the right call? Well IMO, I'd start Zouma over Cahill all day, Cahill got turned by Aguero on the edge of the box for his goal really well but as a supposed elite level CB he gets done way to easily on those situations, yes Aguero is a little magician and best Cf in the league and probably its stand out player but it was his most difficult chance and he was still allowed to score from some poor defending. If Jose was seriously worried about Aguero and Citys pace he would have started Zouma, simple as. JT had a poor 45mins and he was poor enough against Swansea too and it was a big call from Jose, it was written all over JTs face on the bench yesterday he was disappointed to be taken off.

Just purely on yesterdays game I've got a few gripes, Ramires goal being ruled out at 1-0 when Chelsea were on top in the second half is a huge call, going level at the period could easily have turned the tide of the game but fine margains is where games are won and lost, it went against us this weekend, next weekend it might save us.

Hazards miss, it was pathetic, whole goal to aim at and he puts it straight at Hart, again this happens at 1-0 when Chelsea were well in the game in the 2nd half. Hes an excellent player but he's never going to push on in his open play goal threat when his finishing is that abysmal.

City kicked us around the park, no issue with that approach as it was clinical and methodical more so than attempting injury but Atkinson allowed Silva to get away with at least a dozen fouls without a caution, having seen the Fernadinho elbow on Costa I dont think its a red but Atkinson books him probably because he seen the blood coming from Costa. Toure not getting sent off was comical. Moments before hand Hazard got booked for the foul Toure just committed, it should have been a 2nd booking, not that it woul dhave made any difference as it was 2 or 3 at that stage, I cant quiet remember but the inconsistency is an issue.

All in all City were clear and deserved winners yesterday, its easy to over react but I'd worry about us this year unless we put some form down and we've got a nice tricky fixture list coming up until the end of September, its going to tell Jose a lot about this bunch of players and their ability to retain a league which as Ive said for weeks now is the most difficult thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    i would hope behind closed doors jose takes what happened on board and realises we badly need a box to box CM

We really do need an all rounder in there. Someone stronger than Cesc defensively but who will still contribute in the build up play going forward. When you look at the price Bayern got Vidal for that was a missed chance (not that we were ever in for him or anything). A player of that calibre is needed in the middle imo.

Hopefully after a few weeks Baba will be fit & ready to challenge for a spot, having a lb & rb both 100% sure of their 90 mins isn't healthy. Also with Zouma being bought on yesterday that's got to put a rocket up Cahill & JT especially with the obvious moves we've made for Stones at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

TSHO = The Special Happy One.

When he returned in June '13 they asked him is he still the special one , he answered "I'm the happy one" :)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well that was a ****e weekend :pac:

Still though, dont mind losing to City at this stage of the season, better to be playing catch up now than with a handful of games left to go. For every article last year that said we were going to win everything after a few games we're going to get similar yet opposite views this year on how the team is finished, Jose will leave and we'll be in League 2 in a few years, its classic over reaction.

Were City the better side? course they were Aguero should have had a hat trick if it wasnt for a couple of good saves from Begovic.

Is there a case for panicing with the fact we've brought in nobdy of "star" quality? I dont think so, yes we all want a Pogba/Varane type deal but no club has completed a transfer of a superstar this year, bar maybe PSG but Di Maria never wanted to be at Utd anyway.

Do we have an issue of the right and right central channels? Yes and I think its glaring IMO and I would have said the same last year too. Ivan is all heart mixed with a limited ability from open play, one of his biggest assets, being good in both boxes was nullified yesterday by Kompany, go further up the pitch, Ramires and Willian are like Ivanovic, pure athletes but their end product leaves a lot to be desired. Cahill as the right CB too isnt exactly comforting, I'll get to that next though.

Was starting JT and then taking him off after 45mins the right call? Well IMO, I'd start Zouma over Cahill all day, Cahill got turned by Aguero on the edge of the box for his goal really well but as a supposed elite level CB he gets done way to easily on those situations, yes Aguero is a little magician and best Cf in the league and probably its stand out player but it was his most difficult chance and he was still allowed to score from some poor defending. If Jose was seriously worried about Aguero and Citys pace he would have started Zouma, simple as. JT had a poor 45mins and he was poor enough against Swansea too and it was a big call from Jose, it was written all over JTs face on the bench yesterday he was disappointed to be taken off.

Just purely on yesterdays game I've got a few gripes, Ramires goal being ruled out at 1-0 when Chelsea were on top in the second half is a huge call, going level at the period could easily have turned the tide of the game but fine margains is where games are won and lost, it went against us this weekend, next weekend it might save us.

Hazards miss, it was pathetic, whole goal to aim at and he puts it straight at Hart, again this happens at 1-0 when Chelsea were well in the game in the 2nd half. Hes an excellent player but he's never going to push on in his open play goal threat when his finishing is that abysmal.

City kicked us around the park, no issue with that approach as it was clinical and methodical more so than attempting injury but Atkinson allowed Silva to get away with at least a dozen fouls without a caution, having seen the Fernadinho elbow on Costa I dont think its a red but Atkinson books him probably because he seen the blood coming from Costa. Toure not getting sent off was comical. Moments before hand Hazard got booked for the foul Toure just committed, it should have been a 2nd booking, not that it woul dhave made any difference as it was 2 or 3 at that stage, I cant quiet remember but the inconsistency is an issue.

All in all City were clear and deserved winners yesterday, its easy to over react but I'd worry about us this year unless we put some form down and we've got a nice tricky fixture list coming up until the end of September, its going to tell Jose a lot about this bunch of players and their ability to retain a league which as Ive said for weeks now is the most difficult thing to do.

Would agree with all that really, like you said we definitely deserved to lose but some of the refs calls were mad. Even if Ramires' goal was allowed we would still have lost imo but a 2-1 or something would have been far more respectable.

In the same breath Begovic was a 1 man wall and if he was still on his preseason form we could have been 3 down by half time... Really want to see a reaction from the team in the next game and would prefer to see a bench full of impact players instead of the safe/big names.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    We really do need an all rounder in there. Someone stronger than Cesc defensively but who will still contribute in the build up play going forward. When you look at the price Bayern got Vidal for that was a missed chance (not that we were ever in for him or anything). A player of that calibre is needed in the middle imo.

Hopefully after a few weeks Baba will be fit & ready to challenge for a spot, having a lb & rb both 100% sure of their 90 mins isn't healthy. Also with Zouma being bought on yesterday that's got to put a rocket up Cahill & JT especially with the obvious moves we've made for Stones at the same time.

We've got a go to XI fo rthese big games and it often involves Oscar missing out, now this weekend he was injured but IMO he'd still have been dropped anyway :o Considering before the Courtois sending off he was the best Chelsea player on the park against Swansea he should have played agaist City but we've a default and shape that will play these big games. Idont expect Rahman to come straight into the team at all, he probably wont see a start for a few weeks but the best way to shake up the team would be to change it around.
    Would agree with all that really, like you said we definitely deserved to lose but some of the refs calls were mad. Even if Ramires' goal was allowed we would still have lost imo but a 2-1 or something would have been far more respectable.

In the same breath Begovic was a 1 man wall and if he was still on his preseason form we could have been 3 down by half time... Really want to see a reaction from the team in the next game and would prefer to see a bench full of impact players instead of the safe/big names.

I wouldnt begrudge a team the win when they were so dominating for 2/3 of the match but the offside call is a bit of a shocker, in the same move not that it would have counted, Kompany hauls Costa to the ground to stop him getting to the ball too. WBA away is far from a happy hunting gropund for us too so I'm not expecting our 1st win there either and given the way WBA have a tendency to see Chelsea managers get sakced after results against them I might throw money on Jose being sacked by next weekend :pac:

I'd love to see
    Courtois
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Begovic
    Cahill Ivan
    RLC Moses
    Falcao Remy

Against WBA, it wont happen though.

By and large we still have a decent group of players. I would love to see what would happen with a decent RB to allow Willian to play a more expansive game.

If TSHO is consistent I can't see how Ivan can start next week, most of last season he was hanging on by his finger nails but I feel he must of had a manicure. He has been an absolute beast for us but he can no longer be anything but a back up now. I know nothing about Baba II but would still start him with Dave on the right one thing is certain we are unlikely to be worse.

I thought at the time it was a mistake to let Kalas go to 'Boro for another season he has all the attributes to be a top class CB and even now is as good as Cahill just more mobile.

We still have a good load of deadwood to shift it will take time but really Ivan, Mikel, Ramires, Cualrado are lust taking up space at the moment and Cahill is just a decent back up. Not sure about the keeper next week but outfield would go

Dave, JT, Happy, Baba II, Matic, RLC, Willian, Cesc, Haz, Costa. West Brom should be cannon fodder if we don't start our season there we have serious problems. For certain Cesc, Haz and Costa need a performance in a big way (If they play Cesc is so far off the pace it is not funny)

Also this has been a strange transfer window with little marque signings by anyone (not even RM) if the players are not there or the clubs won't sell then it won't happen £30m odd for Stones is mad even Liverpool supporters didn't think Sterling was worth close to £50m but that is the market at the minute.

Actually on Sterling yesterday, had City a player on the left flank capable enough they would have had a field day, Sterling was the only poor player from a City POV, IMO anyway.

Saying that he was probably on par with most of our players which says a lot for how well our players played.

The only positive yesterday was Begovic looks well capable and its not very often you lose 3-0 and your GK is the best player on the park.

By and large we still have a decent group of players. I would love to see what would happen with a decent RB to allow Willian to play a more expansive game.

If TSHO is consistent I can't see how Ivan can start next week, most of last season he was hanging on by his finger nails but I feel he must of had a manicure. He has been an absolute beast for us but he can no longer be anything but a back up now. I know nothing about Baba II but would still start him with Dave on the right one thing is certain we are unlikely to be worse.

I thought at the time it was a mistake to let Kalas go to 'Boro for another season he has all the attributes to be a top class CB and even now is as good as Cahill just more mobile.

We still have a good load of deadwood to shift it will take time but really Ivan, Mikel, Ramires, Cualrado are lust taking up space at the moment and Cahill is just a decent back up. Not sure about the keeper next week but outfield would go

Dave, JT, Happy, Baba II, Matic, RLC, Willian, Cesc, Haz, Costa. West Brom should be cannon fodder if we don't start our season there we have serious problems. For certain Cesc, Haz and Costa need a performance in a big way (If they play Cesc is so far off the pace it is not funny)

Also this has been a strange transfer window with little marque signings by anyone (not even RM) if the players are not there or the clubs won't sell then it won't happen £30m odd for Stones is mad even Liverpool supporters didn't think Sterling was worth close to £50m but that is the market at the minute.

I'd love a natural LB to go down the line and swing in a few crosses, we're way too narrow, teams know Azp wont go down the line or swing in a ball with his left leg so tehy stand him up and show him the line. On the other side Ivan cant beat the first man to save his life, I'd hate to be a LB facing Ivanovic as you'll have failed cross after failed cross bounce off ya all day.

Rahman has a good reading of the game snf should be a olid option down the left and we all know Azp is one fo the best one on one FBs in the league so if Jose does fancy a change he has that option, I dont think he'll do it against WBA as its already a must win game but sometime very soon hopefully it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think Chelsea's glaring weakness is a lack of sub options that might change a game or provide the opportunity to drop an under performing player.

Oscar/Ram?

Play Zouma or not?

That's pretty much it for me. Remy may be useful of you need a goal towards the end of a game.

Fantastic first 11. Very very little squad behind it.

Risky strategy and surprising from Jose. I always remember how he managed to use Robben, Duff, Cole and SWP successfully for 2 wing spots. Now he only has two wingers.

Our squad is indeed wafer thin, all the more surprising that some players were let go on loan. I can only hope Kenedy hits the ground running and Traore is as good as we all hope that will certainly give us options up front.

We are still a good CM and at least 2 defenders shy.

Curious though who would get the nod as the best squad in the PL for me it would be City by a country mile.

Our squad is indeed wafer thin, all the more surprising that some players were let go on loan. I can only hope Kenedy hits the ground running and Traore is as good as we all hope that will certainly give us options up front.

We are still a good CM and at least 2 defenders shy.

Curious though who would get the nod as the best squad in the PL for me it would be City by a country mile.

The thing with those 2 (and moses) is that Mourinho has to be brave and drop a big name from the bench in Ramires, Falcao, Remy and Cuadrado. Ramires is nailed on to be in every squad but from the other 3 I'm not sure who's coming on to change the game for us.

The thing with those 2 (and moses) is that Mourinho has to be brave and drop a big name from the bench in Ramires, Falcao, Remy and Cuadrado. Ramires is nailed on to be in every squad but from the other 3 I'm not sure who's coming on to change the game for us.

Very true, I guess as He says they have to impress Him first and force his hand. We are quite predictable at the minute though I hope He has the nerve.

We've got talented young options in the squad they wont get played over the guys like Ramires, Mikel or Cuadrado but the players are there.

Im all for experience but take the West Ham CM against Arsenal, 16 away to Arsenal he should have been destroyed but he stood up, it doesnt always go that way but unless you give them the opportunity to thrive you'll never know.

RLC does look like an elite player and I'd love to see him played in a 3 man CM with himself, Matic and Cesc and go back to a good old 4-3-3, with Rahman and Azp as possible natural FBs the width can be provided solely by them allowing Willian and Hazard to create and cause havoc in field.

Of course it doesnt have to be RLC in the 3 man CM, could be Oscar too but anyone but Ramires and or Mikel.

The biggest issue this year when compared to last year and even Joses 1st year is instead of upgrading players we're only really replacing them.

Last year we had Cesc and Costa as huge upgrades on Luiz and Lukaku for example.

This year our main transfers so far are

Cech/Begovic
    Luis/Rahman
    Drogba/Falcao

None are a real upgrade but more a direct replacement for those leaving. Its been mentioned though that the market is very slow this year, apart from Di Maria and one I forgot in Vidal, theres been no stand out transfers so far.

• Advertisement

We've got talented young options in the squad they wont get played over the guys like Ramires, Mikel or Cuadrado but the players are there.

Im all for experience but take the West Ham CM against Arsenal, 16 away to Arsenal he should have been destroyed but he stood up, it doesnt always go that way but unless you give them the opportunity to thrive you'll never know.

RLC does look like an elite player and I'd love to see him played in a 3 man CM with himself, Matic and Cesc and go back to a good old 4-3-3, with Rahman and Azp as possible natural FBs the width can be provided solely by them allowing Willian and Hazard to create and cause havoc in field.

Of course it doesnt have to be RLC in the 3 man CM, could be Oscar too but anyone but Ramires and or Mikel.

Would love to see a 4-3-3 of old given a go with the wingers given more license to stay forward and with 2 in the middle being jack-of-all-trades and Matic carrying the water.

That might be the way to get the best out of Fab again? Whatever we try I think he's going to be key, this time last year he was our biggest asset and so far this year he's been one of our weakest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

the_monkey wrote: »
    Just watched MOTD there .... Fake result ???

ah f*ck off Mourinho ... seriously ... grow up take the loss and move on ....

I'm still laughing when Shearer said Cesc is playing like he has a fridge on his back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Morining lads............and haters ; - )

One think that was not really mentioned is Jose's tactics for this game.
    Before the match i predicted Jose deploying a low block and us using the counter as he does to all the top four teams and in CL.

I was wrong, Mou went for a high line defense and tried to play from the back. Not the brightest idea Jose has had when he seen us play dire from preseason up untill now.

Why didn he try revert back to our soild low block for this game?
    Ok i understand wanting to be more attacking but at least play an attacking line up.
    We all know JT cannot run faster than a pensioner on a zimmer frame so why start him? Why start Ramires out wide, why not Moses or Willian.
    I can understand the fab in CM but why not put Mikel in and put Fan as CAM?

Really not impressed by any one this weekend from Jose with his sore loser comments and his poor tactical performance to Cahill sitting on his butt to Hazard shooting straight at Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Am I the only one who's getting a bit pissed off with Costa ? Looking for free kicks and pens and just trying to get in fights?

I love the man but he'd wana cop the **** on a bit

I would mind seen us play a 4 3 3 either but it seems to be obsolete these days with ever one playing a 5 man mid field. Dont think we have the right players in a midfield 3 either, Maybe Matic on the right, Mikel in the middle and Fab on the left?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's getting a bit pissed off with Costa ? Looking for free kicks and pens and just trying to get in fights?

Fook it if you cant beat them cheat them ; - )
    It worked for Barca for long enough

what a day wrote: »
    I would mind seen us play a 4 3 3 either but it seems to be obsolete these days with ever one playing a 5 man mid field. Dont think we have the right players in a midfield 3 either, Maybe Matic on the right, Mikel in the middle and Fab on the left?

I'd go with

Matic
    Oscar fab

I'd go with

Matic
    Oscar fab

Fook it if you cant beat them cheat them ; - )
    It worked for Barca for long enough

I know ya but it's hard to watch lik. Fair enough if ur up 2-0 but it doesn't really work when your chasing a game

• Advertisement

I know ya but it's hard to watch lik. Fair enough if ur up 2-0 but it doesn't really work when your chasing a game

He's frustrated that it's not going right for him, would much rather he took that out by at least charging around and closing everything down that moves. In fairness he's been taken out in both games off the ball and got nothing but that'll come with the territory if ya have the perception that you look for them...

He's frustrated that it's not going right for him, would much rather he took that out by at least charging around and closing everything down that moves. In fairness he's been taken out in both games off the ball and got nothing but that'll come with the territory if ya have the perception that you look for them...

Ya he does get targeted alrite but he needs to just ignore it and try to play football but instead all that is going threw his head is revenge ha

Hes got a reputation and refs arent going to give him anything unless he gets absolutely milled by an opponent because people know hes well able to dish it out if he wants to.

Whoever stopped him getting to fernandinho probably saved him a lengthy ban though at the end of the 1st half.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

At this stage, we can't be expecting to get anything from refs when it comes to Costa. Sure even Hazard was clearly fouled a few times yesterday and nothing from Atkinson.

I agree that Costa shouldn't be going down easy because (a) it doesn't get us FKs/pens as the universe works in mysterious ways and (b) the FA have announced tightening up on enforcement for exaggerating contact, and refs love to book Costa anyway so why give them more reason?

That said, yesterday and last week, he was physically brought down and we got nothing. Oliver watched him get a two-handed shove in the back from Williams (I think) and yesterday, Atkinson was happy enough for Fernandinho to trip him over in the box with next to no attempt to get the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

It all matters not, we're gonna win the league anyway!

All the more remarkable given our slow start.

At this stage, we can't be expecting to get anything from refs when it comes to Costa. Sure even Hazard was clearly fouled a few times yesterday and nothing from Atkinson.

I agree that Costa shouldn't be going down easy because (a) it doesn't get us FKs/pens as the universe works in mysterious ways and (b) the FA have announced tightening up on enforcement for exaggerating contact, and refs love to book Costa anyway so why give them more reason?

That said, yesterday and last week, he was physically brought down and we got nothing. Oliver watched him get a two-handed shove in the back from Williams (I think) and yesterday, Atkinson was happy enough for Fernandinho to trip him over in the box with next to no attempt to get the ball.

The Williams one was baffling, I've no issue with retrospective action for diving but what about when a ref is clearly wrong in his decision making? Either Costa dives against Williams and exxagerates the contact and he should be booked or hes pushed from behind running onto a pass. Same with Hazard yesterday, the mighty Belgian 5'8 powerhouse brought down the timid, 6'2 Ivorian, Yaya Toure, Hazard rightfully booked. Fast forward a few minutes later it is now Toure whos hanging off Cuadrado (i think) same as Hazard was and because hes already booked, he gives away the same foul and isnt snet off, baffling.

I was watching the Palace v Arsenal game too before hand and how F.Coquelin wasnt sent off for 3 fouls after his 1st booking I'll never know.

The refs are very inconsistent all you can hope for is that one week youre on the right side of their incompotent calls.

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    It all matters not, we're gonna win the league anyway!

All the more remarkable given our slow start.

I honestly think if we dont beat WBA away next week its going to be so difficult. going 7 or 8 pts behind City, Utd and probably Pool right now is a decent gap to have to make up, not on paper but the squad will be questionning themselves and doubt might creep in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I honestly think if we dont beat WBA away next week its going to be so difficult. going 7 or 8 pts behind City, Utd and probably Pool right now is a decent gap to have to make up, not on paper but the squad will be questionning themselves and doubt might creep in.
    Its really a must win game. As you pointed out - we will be too far behind and they also need to start putting performances together, that warrant their huge wages. In fairness, I know we are off to a shaky start but Ivan, Cesc and one or two others really need to start acting like they are worth their wages.

Good point made earlier about Costa too. I'm a bit sick and tired of him running and racing aroung the pitch after another player looking for revenge rather that concentrating on the task at hand. Getting goals.
    He reminds me of a spoilt teenager at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ah who cares?

The problem isn't Mourinho, he's the best manager in the world for Chelsea. All the drama is coming from fans of rivals. This thread is nice and peaceful and then someone whose business is elsewhere will pop in to say something stupid with a half-baked ill-informed opinion based on an equally poorly founded "news article."

It's nothing but a nuisance.

A gentle reminder of the charter:

This is a mixed fan forum where there are rival fans. As long as they are a member of this forum, they are free to participate within the charter in this thread. Chelsea is the topic here, but it is not a restriction on who can post here.

The only person that can say whose 'business is elsewhere' is a Soccer Forum moderator. Otherwise, please do not do so. This is not up for discussion.

What this place needs after a summer of no wins and no major transfers is some blasts from the past.

So here it goes.

290B1E8C00000578-3095270-image-a-115_1432490980567.jpg

290B218C00000578-3095270-image-a-116_1432490986946.jpg

1A2057A6000005DC-2973870-Mourinho_centre_also_won_the_Premier_League_twice_in_his_first_s-a-27_1425171912621.jpg

I'm still confident enough we'll have a 4th picture to add to this at the end of the season and it will be with Jose as manager.

I dont think we're done in the transfer market just yet either. At least 1 player will be coming in over the next 2 weeks and maybe more if we start to panic buy on the back of a poor start.

Lets hope Roman finds some millions down the back of his yachts couch so he ponies up for Griezemann and Pogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

If we do manage to get Stones and we probably will, we'll be spending a lot more than we should but given our need for fresh blood in defence and the fact we've loaned out 3 very capable options in Chrsitensen, Ake and Kalas we're going to have to go to the market.

I actually wouldnt mind selling Cahill in the next 12months if we do get in Stones as we'd be replacing a HG player with another and about 8/9 years younger.

What this place needs after a summer of no wins and no major transfers is some blasts from the past.

So here it goes.

290B1E8C00000578-3095270-image-a-115_1432490980567.jpg

290B218C00000578-3095270-image-a-116_1432490986946.jpg

1A2057A6000005DC-2973870-Mourinho_centre_also_won_the_Premier_League_twice_in_his_first_s-a-27_1425171912621.jpg

I'm still confident enough we'll have a 4th picture to add to this at the end of the season and it will be with Jose as manager.

Over ST£39k that medal into the crowd got. The money would be useful but would have kept it myself :D

Over ST£39k that medal into the crowd got. The money would be useful but would have kept it myself :D

You could always say you have more EPL medals than Steve Gerrard :D

You could always say you have more EPL medals than Steve Gerrard :D

That would be true but then Schurrle can say that too and he only here a wet weekend

That would be true but then Schurrle can say that too and he only here a wet weekend

Luis even more so :o

Its good to have delusion back for awhile, everything is fine, we are not currently in a relegation battle. :o

#WheresPogba?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deleted a few posts there. Any more spamming pics to convey your grievances with moderation will be met with cards so cut it out, thanks.

So genuine question, its likely City will improve their squad this year to a level that theyre a bit above us.

Can we win the league if they bring in Otamendi and De Bruyne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So genuine question, its likely City will improve their squad this year to a level that theyre a bit above us.

Can we win the league if they bring in Otamendi and De Bruyne?

Otamendi will no doubt improve the team

But where does KDB play ? Silva has looked very good in the attacking midfield role, which is where KDB shined for Wolfsburg. Will they put Silva out left/right ? Be a waste if they did, so let them sign KDB I say

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement