Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Has Mourinho lasted more then 3 seasons in any club ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Otamendi will no doubt improve the team

But where does KDB play ? Silva has looked very good in the attacking midfield role, which is where KDB shined for Wolfsburg. Will they put Silva out left/right ? Be a waste if they did, so let them sign KDB I say

KDB is an upgrade on Navas IMO.

Aguero
    Sterling Silva KDB

Is a pretty potent foursome of attacking talent.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Has Mourinho lasted more then 3 seasons in any club ?

Chelsea.....well he was here for 3 years and about 4 months before walking in September in his 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    KDB is an upgrade on Navas IMO.

Aguero
    Sterling Silva KDB

Is a pretty potent foursome of attacking talent.

Yea like they were struggling for goals before. Got to admire City FFP relaxed a bit and they go for the juggler.

Yea like they were struggling for goals before. Got to admire City FFP relaxed a bit and they go for the juggler.

UEFA never confirmed to what extent other than they would relax it.

Its a risk to spend money as you never know what those lunatics at UEFA will decide to help the elite clubs.

PSG have got away woth some serious dodgy deals on their books but its grand for them.

UEFA never confirmed to what extent other than they would relax it.

Its a risk to spend money as you never know what those lunatics at UEFA will decide to help the elite clubs.

PSG have got away woth some serious dodgy deals on their books but its grand for them.

No they didn't but either way City are pushing it to the limit, have to say I like that. Makes me more than a little worried how we stop them but TSHO works in mysterious ways his wondrous work to do (I have to keep telling myself that).

Actually another thing to consider is the Italians are catching the English in the UEFA rankings so a good run or two by English clubs would be most welcome.

No they didn't but either way City are pushing it to the limit, have to say I like that. Makes me more than a little worried how we stop them but TSHO works in mysterious ways his wondrous work to do (I have to keep telling myself that).

Actually another thing to consider is the Italians are catching the English in the UEFA rankings so a good run or two by English clubs would be most welcome.

We need a classic Roman Abromivich player that nobody but he wants but will be signed regardless type spend, to appease the masses.

Crossing my fingers for Pogba or Messi personally :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Its going to be an interesting end to the window. I'm not really worried about the performance or the result at this stage of the season. I hope we bring in Stones and a centre midfielder.

We need a classic Roman Abromivich player that nobody but he wants but will be signed regardless type spend, to appease the masses.

Ah we all know it's Pogba or nowt for you Gav. Left field but Ozil would be great as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Generally when Roman picks one they were one of the best in there position at the time but are sadly in decline leading to there club gladly taking a British transfer record for him and we'll end up with another white elephant that only needs a good run of games to get there confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The Williams one was baffling, I've no issue with retrospective action for diving but what about when a ref is clearly wrong in his decision making? Either Costa dives against Williams and exxagerates the contact and he should be booked or hes pushed from behind running onto a pass. Same with Hazard yesterday, the mighty Belgian 5'8 powerhouse brought down the timid, 6'2 Ivorian, Yaya Toure, Hazard rightfully booked. Fast forward a few minutes later it is now Toure whos hanging off Cuadrado (i think) same as Hazard was and because hes already booked, he gives away the same foul and isnt snet off, baffling.

I was watching the Palace v Arsenal game too before hand and how F.Coquelin wasnt sent off for 3 fouls after his 1st booking I'll never know.

The refs are very inconsistent all you can hope for is that one week youre on the right side of their incompotent calls.

On the Coq one. Is three fouls an automatic booking? I'm not sure?

I think that after the 3rd, the ref spoke to the captain and said that he was off for the next one, so he was subbed.

Can't see the problem myself but I am an Arsenl fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

So genuine question, its likely City will improve their squad this year to a level that theyre a bit above us.

Can we win the league if they bring in Otamendi and De Bruyne?

De Bruyne won't improve them drastically imo, if otamendi settles in though that should be enough to win it for them. By far their biggest weakness being replaced by an experienced quality player (who's very overpriced for his age but that doesn't matter).

gosplan wrote: »
    On the Coq one. Is three fouls an automatic booking? I'm not sure?

I think that after the 3rd, the ref spoke to the captain and said that he was off for the next one, so he was subbed.

Can't see the problem myself but I am an Arsenl fan.

You play the ref. For me he should have seen red butMason is always intimidated by big teams.

I agree with you but the ref was wrong for me at least. But yea play the ref nowt wrong with that.

An awful amount of web sites taking pleasure in our pain at the minute. I do hope TSHO remembers this as the season rolls on at press conference time. Many a time United had terrible starts and won in a canter, not saying we will City look fantastic, but not dead yet.

Keep the faith chaps life in the old dog yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

An awful amount of web sites taking pleasure in our pain at the minute. I do hope TSHO remembers this as the season rolls on at press conference time. Many a time United had terrible starts and won in a canter, not saying we will City look fantastic, but not dead yet.

Keep the faith chaps life in the old dog yet.

We're a very easy team to beat down on and gain popularity in the process.

You play the ref. For me he should have seen red butMason is always intimidated by big teams.

I agree with you but the ref was wrong for me at least. But yea play the ref nowt wrong with that.

Makes no sense though.

You wouldn't yellow card for a second/third foul automatically so why would you give a second yellow for it?

Palace played it well. They ensured that Arsenal's only real defensive shield missed 1/3 of the match.

Coq played it well. He ensured he didn't get sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not every foul is a card.

cson wrote: »
    Not every foul is a card.

No but some are automatic different scenario and would have served no useful purpose on the day but Toure should have been carded for a second time for shirt pulling that is an automatic yellow.

I am sure Arsenal have referee meetings with the players before the game, God there are not that many so most players would know them anyway. They obviously knew Masons foibles and played to them kudos for that.

As an opposite look how we are dealing with refs it is doing us no good at all, actually it is counter productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We really should be in for Pedro at the price. He'd add to the first 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Johner wrote: »
    We really should be in for Pedro at the price. He'd add to the first 11.

+1

Thems the breaks Liverpool goal should have been flagged offside, Ramires was onside and flagged offside. We really don't get many breaks

Thems the breaks Liverpool goal should have been flagged offside, Ramires was onside and flagged offside. We really don't get many breaks

Nah, just the crazy owner spending half a billion on the best players in the world till you win doubles and the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Nah, just the crazy owner spending half a billion on the best players in the world till you win doubles and the champions league.

Lets leave the owner's mental health out of this, its a bit personal, agreed?

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with Rams goal being disallowed whilst the Liverpool goal stands.

Source on Roman being crazy or just more made up guff?

Haters gotta hate I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Yawn - I suppose Man U or City didn't spend over the years. Anyway, that's not for the Chelsea thread (right now, at least) as we can't seem to buy anyone :(.
    I'm with grumymunster - I'm expecting a turnaround soon. A team this good doesn't all of a sudden, forget how to play football. It mightn't be this weekend however. But it will come alright.

Lets leave the owner's mental health out of this, its a bit personal, agreed?

Apologies, crazy as in crazy rich.

No offence intended Chelsea fans.

In the immortal words of Francis Ewan Urquhart "You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment"

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with Rams goal being disallowed whilst the Liverpool goal stands.

Source on Roman being crazy or just more made up guff?

Haters gotta hate I guess.

Nobody actually hates Roman tbh. He's played it very well since taking over.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt Gosplan but the amount of posts on this thread over the years slagging Roman and how he came by his money you could fill a book.

You will forgive me for being more than a little sceptical.

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    Yawn - I suppose Man U or City didn't spend over the years. Anyway, that's not for the Chelsea thread (right now, at least) as we can't seem to buy anyone :(.
    I'm with grumymunster - I'm expecting a turnaround soon. A team this good doesn't all of a sudden, forget how to play football. It mightn't be this weekend however. But it will come alright.

It better be this weekend to give us a glimmer of hope this season, anything less then 3 pts and we are out of the title race ... done deal.

OVER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

the_monkey wrote: »
    It better be this weekend to give us a glimmer of hope this season, anything less then 3 pts and we are out of the title race ... done deal.

OVER

so nobody has come back from 8 points down have they ?

come on monkey this constant negativity is getting annoying

Man united under Ferguson would have no problem turning it around , but this Chelsea - there's something wrong , Diego acting the bollox , Mourinho moaning ...something's not right - anyway it's not the points it's only -5 with 108 left to play for come on that reason alone would be silly.

Sorry posting on a mobile here

one good thing is we are being linked with quite a few players this morning .......attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

peteeeed wrote: »
    one good thing is we are being linked with quite a few players this morning .......attacking

haven't seen us linked with anyone other than Stones?

Barring last summer, in general we leave our transfer business until the very last minute. Lets hope for a repeat this year!

blue-army wrote: »
    haven't seen us linked with anyone other than Stones?

Barring last summer, in general we leave our transfer business until the very last minute. Lets hope for a repeat this year!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-signings-least-three-6269232

peteeeed wrote: »

Guardian were running with a story that we'd be in for 3 players, Stones is one and the rest is just old links.

Mainly guys like Pedro, Isco and Griezemann.

Griezemann just signed an extension so Id seriously doubt its him.
    Real signed Kovavic(sp) from Inter so maybe Isco is possible.
    Pedro is more than likely going to end up at Utd at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Instead of 40m for stones can we just buy Luiz back and play him beside Matic please

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Instead of 40m for stones can we just buy Luiz back and play him beside Matic please

No thanks

At least the next few days should be interesting in the market, as long as we dont overly panic we should get in a player or two and see a similar amount go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

We're being linked with lacazette from Lyon in a couple of papers too this morning.

Anyone know much about him?
    Think he was linked with liverpool either this summer or last summer too.
    I'd be surprised to see us go for another striker tho.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    We're being linked with lacazette from Lyon in a couple of papers too this morning.

Unless Remy goes I cant see us going for another CF IMO.

CB, CM and a good winger and we're sorted.

Why didn't we get shaqiri? We could got him easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Meglamonia wrote: »

No feck all about him other than my son raves about him, seen a few YouTube videos of his goals and he looks impressive but anyone can look good in those and it's also the French league.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lacazette signed a new deal ten days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lacazette signed a new deal ten days ago.

Just means he'd be more expensive.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just means he'd be more expensive.

Yeah, was probably just Lyon ensuring they get a better deal when he does leave but I think he'll stay another season in France before he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Guardian were running with a story that we'd be in for 3 players, Stones is one and the rest is just old links.

Mainly guys like Pedro, Isco and Griezemann.

Griezemann just signed an extension so Id seriously doubt its him.
    Real signed Kovavic(sp) from Inter so maybe Isco is possible.
    Pedro is more than likely going to end up at Utd at this stage.

Isco or Griezmann would be incredible! I'd take Pedro too, although he'll surely join United now.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why didn't we get shaqiri? We could got him easily

Hes like Salah, not good enough for the very elite clubs, would be a decent squad option but we've too many of them as it is IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement