Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Sky sources: 30 million bid rejected for stones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Meglamonia wrote: »

I'd leave it at that with him then, 30 was already pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So thats our 3rd bid?

Just lump the £40m at Real for Varane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Reports say that Chelsea have released £35m for Stones - is there yet another bit for him?

{Bleacher Report on my mobile this am}

cadaliac wrote: »
    Reports say that Chelsea have released £35m for Stones - is there yet another bit for him?

{Bleacher Report on my mobile this am}

Everton clearly dont want to sell, we're going to keep throwing money at them untilit goes to stupid levels.

We should just cut or losses and move on, wait until next season. If Everton have another season like last year his value wont have increased one bit and he'll surely want to make the step up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Everton clearly dont want to sell, we're going to keep throwing money at them untilit goes to stupid levels.

We should just cut or losses and move on, wait until next season. If Everton have another season like last year his value wont have increased one bit and he'll surely want to make the step up eventually.

Just give 'Boro a million and some other player and get Kalas back just as good as Stones for me. Griezmann I would love be bye bye Dwayne for sure.

Ah while we are playing fantasy football throw Ram and mpney at The Old Lady and get Pogba as well. We would be OK then I think.

The mega intelligence that is Adrian Durham has put the boot in some more to TSHO for substituting JT at half time. Yes he has gone too far this time and all the Chelsea fans will side with the captain, apparently. To begin win us back he has to win everything this year ... think of that everything.

Apparently when JT was sent off against Barca in the semi we were gutted and felt sorry for him. I know a lot of Chelsea fans dont know one that felt sorry for him (other than in the holistic sense) but felt that he stupid to do what he did in the semi. At half time in that match there was no poor JT that I am aware of.

Our fightback will start on Saturday make no mistake and I cant wait to see how these pillocks reply when we are back in the thick of it come Christmas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3201815/Jose-Mourinho-gone-far-hanging-captain-leader-legend-John-Terry-dry-fans-defender.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The mega intelligence that is Adrian Durham has put the boot in some more to TSHO for substituting JT at half time. Yes he has gone too far this time and all the Chelsea fans will side with the captain, apparently. To begin win us back he has to win everything this year ... think of that everything.

Apparently when JT was sent off against Barca in the semi we were gutted and felt sorry for him. I know a lot of Chelsea fans dont know one that felt sorry for him (other than in the holistic sense) but felt that he stupid to do what he did in the semi. At half time in that match there was no poor JT that I am aware of.

Our fightback will start on Saturday make no mistake and I cant wait to see how these pillocks reply when we are back in the thick of it come Christmas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3201815/Jose-Mourinho-gone-far-hanging-captain-leader-legend-John-Terry-dry-fans-defender.html

from the guy that brought you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2626847/ADRIAN-DURHAM-Jose-Mourinho-sacked-wrecking-not-Ashley-Coles-World-Cup-chances-career.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

We will probably end up signing Emile Heskey...

You'd wonder how people who write that sort of muppetry get employed and in places with such high readership too (the mail is a rag but a popular one at that). I actually think even if you went to other teams' threads on here and took some Mourinho opinions out they'd be less biased and better informed than him.

• Advertisement

Referee Lee Mason given fourth official duty this weekend after Arsenal-Palace controversy. http://t.co/A5GFQf5JZD

Lee Mason dropped as a match official this weekend after making a holy show of the Palace v Arsenal game.

Goes to show Coquelin should have been sent off, hes a very lucky boy is the the Coq a ref with a bit of spine might have acted differently.

The inconsistency with officials is head scratching, of course nobody will complain when it goes for ya.

Durham is clickbaut troll, end of.

Durham is clickbaut troll, end of.

he looks like i thought he would . karma is a b!tch

photo_0.jpg?itok=RNYytVuz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Even if a head line from the daily fail said Mourinho is the best coach in the world and here is tommorow lotto numbers i would not touch the dail fail garbage.
    They are only popular because opposing fans get to read utter garbage about other teams.
    Dirt paper end of!

what a day wrote: »
    Even if a head line from the daily fail said Mourinho is the best coach in the world and here is tommorow lotto numbers i would not touch the dail fail garbage.
    They are only popular because opposing fans get to read utter garbage about other teams.
    Dirt paper end of!

That is perhaps the best synopsis I have ever read on that rag well played that man

Lets get a second opinion

050815ChelseaMourinho.jpg

Referee Lee Mason given fourth official duty this weekend after Arsenal-Palace controversy. http://t.co/A5GFQf5JZD

Lee Mason dropped as a match official this weekend after making a holy show of the Palace v Arsenal game.

Goes to show Coquelin should have been sent off, hes a very lucky boy is the the Coq a ref with a bit of spine might have acted differently.

The inconsistency with officials is head scratching, of course nobody will complain when it goes for ya.

No doubt if Coq was a Chelsea player Sky Sports would be running Coq crimes headlines and demanding a retrospective ban.

Pop quiz Chelsea fans who starts between the sticks Saturday?

TBo very unfortunate to see red against Swans but certainly our #1 (apart from of course he is #13 and Begovic is #1)
    Begovic outstanding against City playing as a one man defence in the first half.

Very difficult choice for TSHO for me Begovic done nothing wrong so its up to TBo to reclaim the place ergo Begovic starts.

TBo very unfortunate to see red against Swans but certainly our #1 (apart from of course he is #13 and Begovic is #1)
    Begovic outstanding against City playing as a one man defence in the first half.

Very difficult choice for TSHO for me Begovic done nothing wrong so its up to TBo to reclaim the place ergo Begovic starts.

TBO definitely. Begovic might have had a good game but he still conceded 3 goals. If he had had a heroic performance then maybe give him a go but TBO is the future, it's not like Begovic would be a young lad being given a chance to prove himself.

hots wrote: »
    TBO definitely. Begovic might have had a good game but he still conceded 3 goals. If he had had a heroic performance then maybe give him a go but TBO is the future, it's not like Begovic would be a young lad being given a chance to prove himself.

True but Begovic is only 28 himself but I was thinking from a precedent point of view if a player comes in is our man of the match and then gets dropped straight away when the "star" returns what does that say to players about their chance to get in the team. Whilst I think TBo will start I am not so sure about what it says.

Of course if it was Hazard who was coming back to replace lets say Moses would play Hazard but Begovic and TBo much closer in quality than a Hazard and Moses (and yes that is a little hypocritical I know).

• Advertisement

Theres a lot of decisions to make in the coming days regarding what is likely to be a difficult game.

WBA havent started very well and City dominated them the other Monday night but our record there and our recent form is terrible so it really is anyones guess, we should be going there and doing what City done but its unlikely. I predict a nervous as f**k 2-1 away win.

Couple of issues with players for me, Oscar should be fit to start and if he is, he should start. Who plays on goal and CB is up for debate but let us say a prayer that Ramires never starts a game again, ever.

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Cahill to miss out as Berahino is plenty of pace to turn the back line, I dont think Rahman will start for a few weeks which is a shame as I think Ivan/Willian axis is a liability waiting to be further exploited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Drop Ivan, there I said it

duploelabs wrote: »
    Drop Ivan, there I said it

I would too but I dont think Rahman will play this weekend, hes only at his 1st training session today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would too but I dont think Rahman will play this weekend, hes only at his 1st training session today.

Well considering I sold him this week in FF he's gonna score a hatrick

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well considering I sold him this week in FF he's gonna score a hatrick

I got rid of him too so its a banker he'll be amazing. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Instead of 40m for stones can we just buy Luiz back and play him beside Matic please

:eek:

art10908widea.jpg

• Advertisement

Didn't realise Moses was injured . On his Twitter

Twitter is going a bit pedro to Chelsea crazy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Robbed from the Daily Mail.

Should Pedro join the EPL, total amount of medals won for club and country..

1 Bastian Schweinsteiger 18

2= Pedro 15

2= Victor Valdes 15

4= John Terry 14

4= Wes Brown 14

6 Petr Cech 13

7= Yaya Toure 12

7= Martin Demichelis 12

9= John Mikel Obi 11

9= Xherdan Shaqiri 11

9= Ibrahim Afellay 11

Mikel!!?!!!!!??????!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

If we hijacked the Pedro deal and signed Stones i'd be happy enough. Just hope to god we make atleast 2 signings before the window is out

The ideal window would see us get rid of 3 or 4 players and bring in 2.

In:
    Stones
    Pedro/Griezemann
    Isco

I know Twitter went a bit crazy for Pedro last night but I think hes Utd bound after last night, Utd are all but confirmed in the UCL after last night.

Out:
    Moses - permanent
    Cuadrado - loan with a view to a permanent move
    Ramires/Oscar - permanent
    Traore/Kenedy - loan

• Advertisement

Id have to start Begovic if i was Mou, i know he let in 3 goals but he played a great game.
    It also might teach Tbo a lesson to, try push him harder.

I dont really mind who else starts as long as Jose plays his tactics right. If we want to attack and play a high block then Terry starts on the bench. Zouma and Cahill as CB.
    Id actually bench Ivan too and start Dave as RB and throw Rahman in.

As poor as Fab has been so far he would also start for me be side Matic.
    Rest of the squad picks its self but id like to see Kendy/Traore on the the bench and give then a few mins near the end if possible.

Out:
    Moses - permanent
    Cuadrado - loan with a view to a permanent move
    Ramires/Oscar - permanent
    Traore/Kenedy - loan

What about Oscar and Ramires plus 20m for Pogba? Surly Juve would accept that?

What about Oscar and Ramires plus 20m for Pogba? Surly Juve would accept that?

Apparently theyve had bids for both turned down this summer.

Theyre only after Cuadrado on loan too apparently but Chelsea want back most of the 23m we paid for him in January.

Id have to start Begovic if i was Mou, i know he let in 3 goals but he played a great game.
    It also might teach Tbo a lesson to, try push him harder.

I dont really mind who else starts as long as Jose plays his tactics right. If we want to attack and play a high block then Terry starts on the bench. Zouma and Cahill as CB.
    Id actually bench Ivan too and start Dave as RB and throw Rahman in.

As poor as Fab has been so far he would also start for me be side Matic.
    Rest of the squad picks its self but id like to see Kendy/Traore on the the bench and give then a few mins near the end if possible.

I'd love for us to change it up but I cant see Jose benching his captain and vice captain for such a big away game.

One will start, in reality, both will probably start.

I'd prefer Zouma next to JT myself anyway but there is a few in the squad who could do with dropping.

OK then Oscar and Ramires plus Cuadrado on a year loan?? come on ya old bag ya know its a good deal

OK then Oscar and Ramires plus Cuadrado on a year loan?? come on ya old bag ya know its a good deal

:pac:

I'd give them Ramires, Oscar and Cuadrado for Pogba but it aint happening this year.

Unless we agree some sort of deal with Juventus for next summer for Pogba and maybe give them a player now or in January, I just cant see us or anyone getting Pogba at this stage of the transfer window unfortunately. :o

not sure how reliable this guy is ...

https://twitter.com/IbrahimKhadra/st...98538682585089

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

So it looks like we're after stealing pedro, happy with this signing.

Don't like the way it took s defeat to Man City that it took to do it tho.

Does Pedro usually play on the left or right wing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Plays mostly on the left. He's right footed though.

Wouldn't count our chickens yet, could very easily end up with either of the manchester clubs imo. He plays both sides (Barca being so fluid means he's played all over the place each time I've seen him). Could very easily mean it him Vs Willian for RW and Willian Vs Oscar for the central role.

Hopefully the draw of London and maybe Cesc (no idea if they gon on or not) will help draw him to us. I don't think he's the final piece of the puzzle or anything (for us or Utd) but he'd give some elite competition and with experience at the highest levels.

• Advertisement

from sky sports news transfer centre

PEDRO JETS TO LONDON

Barcelona forward Pedro flew to London this morning to finalise a move to Chelsea, according to reports in Marca.

And it is understood that the Premier League champions have outbid rivals Manchester United for the Spain international, while the Blues have also reached an agreement with the player to move to Stamford Bridge this season.

That could be huge news and something we will be monitoring throughout the day, so stay tuned folks!

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/19/en/football/barcelona/1439978485.html

Now if we sign pedro that frees up Cuadrado Oscar and Ramires for Juve........love it when Mou gets advise from us here on Boards ; - )

Now if we sign pedro that frees up Cuadrado Oscar and Ramires for Juve........love it when Mou gets advise from us here on Boards ; - )

Fixed :) Cuadrado & Ram & one of Roman's finest pieces of paper ;)

Hope Pogba likes number 11 Pedro is better suited for 7

Pedro....not bad if true :pac:

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC

Just spoken to a contact at Barcelona. I'm told Pedro boarded a plane at 11:30 local time (10:30 BST) to fly to London to finalise his move to Chelsea. The bid from Chelsea is 28m euros (£19.7m) plus a further 2m euros (£1.4m) in add ons.

transfer gossip of the highest order

This is good.

Gives us serious options in the support 3.

Hazard Willian/Oscar Pedro/Willian

:pac:

We're going to win it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Great stuff from Chelsea, hijacking the United deal.

Welcome to the Champions Pedro

So by my count we've seemed to have gone in last minute and taken players from Pool, Spurs and Utd in the shape of Salah, Willian and Pedro.

Its a good day to be alive.

• Advertisement

Although until its confirmed by the club, I'd be wary.

Why were meant to be in for him weeks back and it cooled dont know what changed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement