Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Will be happy if it's true. Willian really needs good competition, when cuadrado first signed willian was playing much better until he realized cuadrado was **** lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »

Bit of a no brainer really if Chelsea or UTd are in for ya offering ya similar deals, where do you go?

A hint, its down south.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Absolutely delighted with that news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Bit of a no brainer really if Chelsea or UTd are in for ya offering ya similar deals, where do you go?

A hint, its down south.

I think anyone from Spain, Italy, Portugal or South America will surely go for London.

I'm not saying Manchester isn't great, it's just not the kind of great that's internationally appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Do you reckon we'll for a centre mid also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Meglamonia wrote: »

I hope so!! Badly need an upgrade in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

If Chelsea are thinking of going back with a bid of 40m for Stones(which is probably the only amount to make them consider it seriously), then they should just go with a bid of 45m for Varane, and see how it goes.
    A more developed player and only one year older, 2 french centre backs for the future, possibly playing international football together if they develop well enough.
    That'll also allow the team to play a very attacking brand of football, no buses due to the pace of the two centre backs, and their ability to deal with counters.
    Then the team and these players could play to their true potential. If Rodgers was managing these players, they'd play an unreal brand of fast, attacking football, albeit at a defensive cost, but I'd trust Mourinho to find the right balance.

:)

Hopefully this Pedro deal gets over the line. More widely reported stories have turned out to be nothing but a single-source lie that the other papers couldn't resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

not really excited about pedro but hey might kick a few backsides

gosplan wrote: »
    I think anyone from Spain, Italy, Portugal or South America will surely go for London.

I'm not saying Manchester isn't great, it's just not the kind of great that's internationally appreciated.

I think if you are looking for a move or being asked to move on and either Arsenal or Chelsea are in for ya and your other options are the other 2 big clubs in the league in Manchester, if the money is the same, London is a deal breaker for pretty much anyone.

I dont mind Manchester its just not as good as London, IMO.

• Advertisement

We dont need another Matic, we need a good box to box CM that can do a bit of everything, Vidal would have been ideal but Bayern are a bigger club than us so if they want a player its game over.

Ramires is like that but a very poor quality player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Pleased with the Pedro news if it happens. I don't think he's the answer (and wouldn't have been for Utd either) but it'll be a nice increase in quality in the team. £21m is a steal for someone with his CV but well worth remembering he's 28 so it's going to be a 3/4 year injection into the squad and no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quite pleased we've played crap for the last two games, means that we can make roads in to the transfer market

Pedro is an upgrade on all our current RW in terms of what he can offer from an attacking POV.

His record for Barca is 1 every 3 games or so, when you consider hes not always a starter for them thats not bad really.

It also brings some much needed quality to the team in terms of squad depth, no longer will guys like Cesc, Oscar, Willian be automatic picks regardless of form and thats only going to be a good thing.

Its always good to have another WC winner in the squad anyway so I for one welcome our new Pedro overlord.

Hopefully Ramires f**ks off and he can take number 7 while hes at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Good signing for £21m. Young and should fit right into Mourinho's style of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm confused

So do I have to train myself to like Pedro now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Don't rate Pedro. He scored goals at Barca with all those other superstars to draw attention. He's like Di Maria, a reject not good enough for a truly top team. Bad panic buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I don't like the way this is happening at all.
    At all at all.

Reeks of a panic buy to me.

Does Pedro count as a panic buy though? We were reportedly interested before Utd were meant to be signing him.

A lot of our business is determind by our outgoings to balance the squad so Id imagine a new winger like Pedro will see one or two leave our current squad so we were waiting for a deal to come in for Moses or Cuadrado before going for a winger.

Griezemann was a no go, he only signed a new deal, he was the onyl other winger we were linked with.

Right now, I'd prefer Pedro over any of our current winger options other than Hazard and one things for sure he'll drum up competition for places which again, is never a bad thing and at the price being reported its not bad business IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think he'll be a great signing. Was hoping this one would go through when the rumors first started.

Yeah don't really think it's a panic buy when we've been touted to get him for most of the summer. Also a third of the price of ADM. He's not the messiah but he'll bring plenty of quality to the team.

It's being a messy transfer window for us though compared to last season where we identified who we wanted and signed them early.

Was looking at Sky their and the football manager database they're using for players attributes.

They had Pedros dribbling at 14/20 and Willians at 18?

I definitely wouldn't agree with that firstly Willian is not 18 at dribbling and I thought Pedro would have been a better dribbler. Thoughts?

This window by and large for every one has been a mess. Theres no valu ei nthe market and when it does pop up, like with Pedro you have to act.

We've spent about 17m on a 21yr old LB that'll spend most season on the bench and we're going to spend about 21m on a WC winner.

We'd all love a Varane, Pogba, Griezemann, Reus style signing but those guys are 2 or 3 times more expensive than Rahman and Pedro. The only transfer I'm worried about is stones and thats only because I dont know where our limit is at, I'd just tell Everton do one and go and spend a fortune on Varane.

Was looking at Sky their and the football manager database they're using for players attributes.

They had Pedros dribbling at 14/20 and Willians at 18?

I definitely wouldn't agree with that firstly Willian is not 18 at dribbling and I thought Pedro would have been a better dribbler. Thoughts?

I think Willian is an excelent ball carrier but he doesnt go passed people like Messi or Hazard who I'd have as miles better dribblers than Willian.

Things Willian is better at on the RW, ball carrying, speed

Pedro is a better finisher and more attack minded, IMO.

I do think we'll see Willian go to #10 now though if we really want to try and cause havoc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think Willian is an excelent ball carrier but he doesnt go passed people like Messi or Hazard who I'd have as miles better dribblers than Willian.

Things Willian is better at on the RW, ball carrying, speed

Pedro is a better finisher and more attack minded, IMO.

I do think we'll see Willian go to #10 now though if we really want to try and cause havoc.

Hazard, willian, Pedro behind Costa so, is that the plan?
    Hazard might have a bit more freedom now.

Panthro wrote: »
    Hazard, willian, Pedro behind Costa so, is that the plan?
    Hazard might have a bit more freedom now.

Well it gives us alot of pace and threat behind Costa, if we want to use the ball better Oscar for Willian #10 is a better call, if we want to move teams around then willian #10 would be a better option.

Still though, its good to have such options so hopefully the transfer goes over the line.

I'm actually buzzing now to be going to the Palace game, our next home game, might see a new player or two. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Willian drops to bench for me. Oscar offered more in the first game and he is way better centrally then Willian.

Could see Pedro on the left and Hazard #10 with Willian on the right too.

Also the Mirror are saying Ivanovic dropped for the next game with Rahman at left back and Azpi at right.

• Advertisement

Also that is a really satisfying transfer.

I was out last night and drunk and I was winding up a United fan saying we were going to get Pedro, I actually couldn't believe with when I checked my phone this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lukker- wrote: »
    Willian drops to bench for me. Oscar offered more in the first game and he is way better centrally then Willian.

Could see Pedro on the left and Hazard #10 with Willian on the right too.

Also the Mirror are saying Ivanovic dropped for the next game with Rahman at left back and Azpi at right.

I'd love to see Ivanovic dropped. It's the right thing to do, if you play sh1te then you need to be dropped, maybe not permanently but it might give him a kick in the hole

Too early for baba yet, would prefer to see a calm approach taken with him and Pedro. On the other hand I'd love to see one of the young ones given a go before Pedro gets into the team, give them a chance to fight for it.

If the pedro deal does go through I think it's very much a masterstroke in terms of morale at the club , we probably wouldn't have gone in for him if we had won our first 2 games

peteeeed wrote: »
    If the pedro deal does go through I think it's very much a masterstroke in terms of morale at the club , we probably wouldn't have gone in for him if we had won our first 2 games

I wouldn't call it a master stroke, I would call it a patch up job. It will probably perform like a masterstroke, but in all earnest, it will be a fix for something that is lurking around the club since the end of last season.

cadaliac wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it a master stroke, I would call it a patch up job. It will probably perform like a masterstroke, but in all earnest, it will be a fix for something that is lurking around the club since the end of last season.

As in theeeee....title?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

As in theeeee....title?!

I'll be reserving judgement on this.

Benitez signing Morientes at the age of 29. Was sure he was going to be a big hit in England.

As in theeeee....title?!

Ah here - I'm not doubting the club, or their achievements from last year - however, I just feel that the team aren't performing (don't ask me why) and even though we were already in for Pedro (which I simply have no recollection of, possibly because just ignore most of that red top crap) this year, doesn't justify the swipe for him, in the manner that it was achieved.
    Anyway - lets see how he preforms.

Rahman playing would allow a lot more space for Hazard, due to his forward runs which he's (supposedly) well-known for.

What centre mids would ye like to see, or think are attainable?
    If the team is going to play in a more open manner, then someone has got to replace Fabregas. He sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Far more interested in Dave moving to RB allowing Willian some chance to show what he can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Great little piece by Sid Lowe on Pedro : http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/19/pedro-barcelona-lucky-chelsea-signing

Said it before on this thread and will say it again. Pedro is perfect for ye. As a neutral I'm delighted yer grabbing him. He's very much a system player and assuming Mourinho hasn't gone insane - I have actually been doubting him since AVB and himself parted ways - he should be able to utilise him effectively. He's a very unique type of player. Not exceptional; but mighty effective.

What would be doubly sweet now if is if Pedro eliminated Barca in the UCl via a counter attack. Poor Pedro might possibly cry though. :D

• Advertisement

Mario Pašalić Scores for Monaco in CL

Yes Pedro is 28 but because hes not playing all the time at Barca hes got plenty left in the tank, id have no reservations that he can play at a decent level for the length of his deal, thats if he plays well though.

I think hes an automatic starter anyway once hes up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cuadrado and £50million for Pogba next. :pac:

You'd imagine something is lined up for young Cuadrado to leave

Balls out for the next game lads. I want some unusul changes made.
    Get Jose on the phone someone.

Tbo
    Dave-Zouma-Terry-Rahman
    Willian-Matic
    Pedro-Cesc-Hazard
    Costa

That's right, I'm swapping Willian and Cesc. Matic will break up the play, Willians speed will get us out of trouble. Cesc killer passing to our fancy Dan's out either wing and Costa to not rip his hammys wide open.

Yeah.
    Fhact!

Balls out for the next game lads. I want some unusul changes made.
    Get Jose on the phone someone.

Tbo
    Dave-Zouma-Terry-Rahman
    Willian-Matic
    Pedro-Cesc-Hazard
    Costa

That's right, I'm swapping Willian and Cesc. Matic will break up the play, Willians speed will get us out of trouble. Cesc killer passing to our fancy Dan's out either wing and Costa to not rip his hammys wide open.

Yeah.
    Fhact!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMwc1c0HRQ

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    You'd imagine something is lined up for young Cuadrado to leave

Loan to Juve, tell them they can have him next year for £10m and we'll take Pogba :P

Someone who called Pedro before the main stream media has said Chelsea are going to use the Cuadrado to try and push for a deal for Pogba. I don't see it personally, he probably just guessed that we were gonna go in for him and got lucky.

I think we'll get Stones and that'll be it, which ain't half bad considering where we were a week ago.

If Pogba were to end up at Chelsea I've no doubt in my mind that Gavredking would single handedly break Boards.ie!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement