Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not before we broke the premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    If Pogba were to end up at Chelsea I've no doubt in my mind that Gavredking would single handedly break Boards.ie!!!

Would I be considered ITK because I've been spouting it for a good 18months? :pac:

Maybe I can get a job with the Express or Daily Mail on the back of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Balls out for the next game lads. I want some unusul changes made.
    Get Jose on the phone someone.

Tbo
    Dave-Zouma-Terry-Rahman
    Willian-Matic
    Pedro-Cesc-Hazard
    Costa

That's right, I'm swapping Willian and Cesc. Matic will break up the play, Willians speed will get us out of trouble. Cesc killer passing to our fancy Dan's out either wing and Costa to not rip his hammys wide open.

Yeah.
    Fhact!

Good call id love to see a bit of a mix up.
    Actually Didn Mourinho play Cuadrado as a full back a while back?
    Maybe he is showing Juv he can play in their formation

what a day wrote: »
    Good call id love to see a bit of a mix up.
    Actually Didn Mourinho play Cuadrado as a full back a while back?
    Maybe he is showing Juv he can play in their formation

Think that was against Fiorentina when Cuadrado played FB.

One more done, just Stones and Pogba to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Whenever I watch Barcelona (which is rare), Pedro usually plays as a hybrid left winger/striker, pretty much a more advanced Hazard. When he plays for Chelsea, he is probably going to be on the right hand side.

A major problem will be that Mourinho will probably try to turn him into a hybrid right winger/full back (As seen with Willian). And Pedro aint a part-time full back.

I rate Pedro highly, but I dont think this is the right move for him. Unless Chelsea change their tactics, I feel he will be another Schurle/ Mata/ Saleh/ De Bruyne/ Cuadrado/ soon to be Willian.

Whenever I watch Barcelona (which is rare), Pedro usually plays as a hybrid left winger/striker, pretty much a more advanced Hazard. When he plays for Chelsea, he is probably going to be on the right hand side.

A major problem will be that Mourinho will probably try to turn him into a hybrid right winger/full back (As seen with Willian). And Pedro aint a part-time full back.

I rate Pedro highly, but I dont think this is the right move for him. Unless Chelsea change their tactics, I feel he will be another Schurle/ Mata/ Saleh/ De Bruyne/ Cuadrado/ soon to be Willian.

I dont know if your trying to say Mourinho will destroy Pedro or what but i do know Pedro is all about team work. Perfect Mourinho player. I see him fitting is perfect, the only problem he will have is simular to Willian he will be limited in attack depending on how well we play as a whole team.

Willian is better suited attacking wise on the left flank but he has to play on the right because of Hazard. Dont think its really fair to brand Willian with Mata DeBruyne Quadrado and Salah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what a day wrote: »
    I dont know if your trying to say Mourinho will destroy Pedro or what but i do know Pedro is all about team work. Perfect Mourinho player. I see him fitting is perfect, the only problem he will have is simular to Willian he will be limited in attack depending on how well we play as a whole team.

Willian is better suited attacking wise on the left flank but he has to play on the right because of Hazard. Dont think its really fair to brand Willian with Mata DeBruyne Quadrado and Salah.

he's willian with an eye for goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sorry Gav

Pogba's agent Mino Raiola has confirmed

to the Italian media that there has been no enquiry from Chelsea for the player and that he's happy at Juventus.

peteeeed wrote: »

He is alot more clever than Willian in attack which should make him more of a goal treat

I'd say we would see a very different Willian if we dropped Ivan and installed a proper RB

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd say we would see a very different Willian if we dropped Ivan and installed a proper RB

I dont think its entirly down to Ivan that Willian is not more of a treat on goal.
    I Think he has to play on our left flank as he likes to flick the ball to his right and strike on goal but he cant because he is ran on to his left and has to pass the ball sideways.

Ivan can over lap him all day long but he cant cross his legs. Even if Dave plays as a RB Willian i fear will continue to be limited only been one footed. Pedro on the other he will open alot more doors been both footed and a smarter player IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

peteeeed wrote: »

Willian had an eye for goal when he played for Shakhtar.
    The way Mourinho sets up teams shows a strange side of players.

I remember a few years ago Mikel looked like a great player for Nigeria, due to the lower standard but also because he had the freedom to run and carry the ball forward. You'd never think it now, he's a pile of puke. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

duploelabs wrote: »

I have to fully agree with this. Ivan is grand at times but with pace against he is a liability, I really believe he has always one eye on covering Ivan. Really hope we see Dave Baba II soon.

As for TSHO ruining Pedro ah so funny. One of the best managers in the world very few out there can match him for medals and he does this by destroying players. Man I tell you it is difficult to make this guff up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Independent just reprint articles from UK newspapers. Same author, if you read print version of paper it will often have copyright Telegraph or whatever at end of article.

A thought crossed my mind whilst people were having great fun at our expense anticipating when Roman would sack TSHO (some going so far as to call Roman crazy) not seen much in the way of multi billionaire owner backs most successful manager in the world with significant transfer funds.

Just how many people are full up on humble pie now I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A thought crossed my mind whilst people were having great fun at our expense anticipating when Roman would sack TSHO (some going so far as to call Roman crazy) not seen much in the way of multi billionaire owner backs most successful manager in the world with significant transfer funds.

It's gone awful quiet in here of late alright,
    Not in terms of the regular Joe soaps but more from the 'other' variety of posters.
    Shocking surprise!

• Advertisement

The support 3 now has more balance IMO.

HAzard is a banker for a left wing role, its #10 and RW where we had an issue. WIth not enough consistency at the club, with Pedro in the door I reckon hes an automatic starter for RW, not against WBa but sometime very soon, leaves us with a core of 3 players fighting for #10 and RW in OScar, Willian and Pedro, only 2 can start and 1 misses out, prove yerew worth lads and hopefully up yere levels.

Great for the club IMO, also, kudos to Costa, Azp and undoubtedly Cesc for talking up the club and Jose enough to warrant Pedro moving to Chelsea.

Not in terms of the regular Joe soaps but more from the 'other' variety of posters.
    Shocking surprise!

Lose to WBA and it'll start all over again :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lose to WBA and it'll start all over again :pac:

Win and it'll be a ghost town!

:D

2B86A76900000578-3204715-image-a-61_1440079024294.jpg

2B86A76D00000578-3204715-image-a-63_1440079054961.jpg

Win and it'll be a ghost town!

Pedro hat trick, hat trick of assists from Rahman :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I have to fully agree with this. Ivan is grand at times but with pace against he is a liability, I really believe he has always one eye on covering Ivan. Really hope we see Dave Baba II soon.

As for TSHO ruining Pedro ah so funny. One of the best managers in the world very few out there can match him for medals and he does this by destroying players. Man I tell you it is difficult to make this guff up.

I disagree.

I think Willian is just competent but not great going forward. But then he's very athletic and busts a gut all day making sure that side is solid.

He's a fine player but I don't think there's much too special attacking wise though. The theory about Ivan won't change too much.

Still a good, and importantly dependable player to have in the squad. Nothing wrong with that.

Pedro interests me. He has all it takes to succeed and all it takes to flop hugely. It won't be Jose's doing if it's the latter though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    :D

2B86A76900000578-3204715-image-a-61_1440079024294.jpg

2B86A76D00000578-3204715-image-a-63_1440079054961.jpg

That's more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We should all thank Van Gaal too for somehow being more unpopular in Catalonia then Mourinho :D

Lukker- wrote: »
    We should all thank Van Gaal too for somehow being more unpopular in Catalonia then Mourinho :D

That made me laugh. Some achievement indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

One thing that drives me crazy with Willian is that he'll get the ball, run with it and when he should make a pass or put in a cross he just stands still! I know that if a defender sticks a leg in he'll probably be able to beat him, but it completely slows down the pace of our attack. Its probably why he has most of his shots blocked too!

Pedro gives us a dynamic winger playing on the inside, Not only threatening the left back but threatening the centerbacks too. We haven't seen these type of runs since Schurrle, and they suited our play, but Pedro is a far more polished version of Andre, in his runs, technically and finishing.

gosplan wrote: »
    I disagree.

I think Willian is just competent but not great going forward. But then he's very athletic and busts a gut all day making sure that side is solid.

He's a fine player but I don't think there's much too special attacking wise though. The theory about Ivan won't change too much.

Still a good, and importantly dependable player to have in the squad. Nothing wrong with that.

Pedro interests me. He has all it takes to succeed and all it takes to flop hugely. It won't be Jose's doing if it's the latter though.

Will never know unless Ivan is dropped but to call Willian just competent is farce really. I really do hope the reports linking him to Munich or PSG is paper talk he is a very important player for us. Would be for most teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Will never know unless Ivan is dropped but to call Willian just competent is farce really. I really do hope the reports linking him to Munich or PSG is paper talk he is a very important player for us. Would be for most teams.

Aye I rate him highly in my eyes.

He has played up front a fair bit so wonder how bare we'd be if we a kinda of weird 4-4-2 of

Willian - Matic-Fabs-Hazard
    Pedro
    Costa
    ?

Only other option I see is as we are now but Willian out.

What I'd love with the above is the freedom for Hazard and Pedro to free roam and swap something you wouldnt get with Oscar.

Nearly wonder would be we him sold ? . Or a least a midfielder gone by the end of the TW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Pedro Just done an interview on Chelsea tv in Catalan for a few minutes then he was asked to say a few words in English for the Chelsea fans . He then did a full minute in pretty decent English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I really hope Ivan is dropped for wba game. We're loosing out on goals from his very poor deliveries, he shouldn't be allowed cross the ball he's so bad at it. Hes been bad this season overall and the end of last season. Hope he turns it around, being dropped will give him the push he needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Shocking surprise!

Maybe some are like me. Just not as active with boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Soby wrote: »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.........What he said.

Suits You Sir.............

11904646_10153695129877259_6741773208776084997_n.jpg?oh=8616b20f758d87b55a185e84e020670f&oe=568416E3

• Advertisement

Oh they are active alright Soby he he. But so enjoying the peace and the opportunity to actually talk about football rather than all the made up stuff.

This could be tasty

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2015/8/20/9181583/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-anthony-martial-monaco

Seen as Monaco are 1-3 down in the CL qualifier they do have a bit of work to do, though last season they were quite handy at home for sure.

This could be tasty

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2015/8/20/9181583/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-anthony-martial-monaco

Seen as Monaco are 1-3 down in the CL qualifier they do have a bit of work to do, though last season they were quite handy at home for sure.

1478177.jpg

Ah here, I did say going forward.

He's a totally solid player that will help in a huge way to shore up that side.

I just don't see anything to suggest he'll ever be an attackin force too, regardless of who's behind him.

But that's what Hazard, Costa, Fab are for. You don't need half a team of world class attackers.

Schure I can talk, I only post when there's something worth talking about!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

The Daily Star reckon we're going for stones and Pogba. Ambramovic has put a 60m limit on pogba with cuadrado as part of the deal.

If this rumour starts gathering pace over the next few days I will lose my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jesus! Pogba would make ye European contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'm in London for a couple of days with the family and only checked in tonight too see what the crack was, but that pedro deal must be the quickest deal ever. Wasn't even a sniff when I was leaving on Wednesday morning and now he's already had his first training session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Meglamonia wrote: »
    The Daily Star reckon we're going for stones and Pogba. Ambramovic has put a 60m limit on pogba with cuadrado as part of the deal.

If this rumour starts gathering pace over the next few days I will lose my life

sure throw Ramires and Mikel in too if that's what it takes

Turtwig wrote: »
    Jesus! Pogba would make ye European contenders.

Signing Pogba would just be unreasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

gosplan wrote: »
    Signing Pogba would just be unreasonable.

???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement