Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

*Drools*

a centre mid of some sort would be fantastic. Signing pogna would just be brain melting. I think this rumour is just the result of the opening two results plus the quick Pedro deal coupled with the fact that Juve are linked with a scatter of midfielder. Eriksen being just one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

It would be some midfield alrite with matic and pogba. And we'd have loads of options for the forward positions aswel with hazard, Willian , Pedro , oscar and cesc.

Can't see it happening tho tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Turtwig wrote: »
    ???

Unreasonable. Too much.

At least loan him out to Leicester for a year or something and make it interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If we somehow manage to land both...we'll have one man to thank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Panthro wrote: »
    If we somehow manage to land both...we'll have one man to thank.

Roman-Abramovich.jpg

Be careful what you're saying! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Please lads, be careful with all the Pogba talk.

I'm really worried about Gav's blood pressure.

Careful now..

peteeeed wrote: »

Jaysus, Costa is well 'ard.
    Looks like a man from a Louis Theroux documentary!

Jaysus, Costa is well 'ard.

hazard looks a bit 'out to lunch'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The Sun says Stones is going to hand in a transfer request while Martinez has said he knows nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Brilliant!!

Yeah Hazard also looks like he is wearing highheels.........or on Pedros shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

hazard looks a bit 'out to lunch'

or what happened to djokovic the other day
    http://time.com/3999956/djokovic-marjiuana-rogers-cup-montreal-tennis/

Just read Pedro saying how Fab and Jose pursuaded him to come. Really would love to see Pedro and Fab linking up together. Also expecting to see lots more fluidity across the creative 3, Willian, Pedro and Haz should all change freely across the 3 positions with only Oscar and Fab locked in the #10 when playing... Also forgot that Pedro should also be match fit having had a couple of competitive appearances for Barca already, more likely to make an appearance at the w/e than Baba I'd say.

jose press conf

"Moses is still injured, Oscar is still injured. And I don't know if anyone of the new players is available for Sunday or not."

"I think this week we train better than ever. Why? Because we are not happy. The players are not happy with the results, the only way is to work better than ever. The new players are always welcome. I'm happy that both of them, they come to us. I know that the Premier League doesn't start tomorrow. The Premier League started to weeks ago. People used to call it the transfer window, I sometimes call it the opportunity window."

"This week we got a very good left back with potential that we believe we need and we get one of the best attacking players in the world, with something that I like very, very much - the desire to leave a giant club, the desire to leave a club that normally when you are there you don't want to leave. He wants to leave because he wants something more for his career. It's a magnificent sign of ambition that he wants to play every game."

"I only want to beat Man United on the pitch if it's possible. I don't even want to go in that direction. Our job here is not to try to get a player that another club wants, our job is to get players that I think are good for us. Sometimes players are not successful, obviously we are the ones to blame for that, but the market is an opportunity window where you have to be careful not to lose your best players. It's an opportunity window to sometimes get players that you are not expected to get. The point is that Pedro is a player that we like a lot and we are happy to have."

"For him to want to leave the club of his dreams, the club of his heart where he won absolutely everything. When I'm told a player wants to leave Barcelona Real Madrid, I always ask myself why, and normally there are lots of rumours and it's never true. He has amazing respect, he loves Messi, Iniesta and Neymar, but everything he does he was always behind. It is a moment for him to enjoy a different life, leave the comfort zone, come to a new club, new country, new culture."

Mourinho is asked about John Stones, who has been linked with a move from Everton, but he insists: "I don't speak about players from other club's, especially when the championship is on. So, I'm quiet."

"I'm unique in some questions the media put to myself. I'm unique in this moment in being asked in a press conference about my medical staff. I don't answer because I don't think it's important. Since my arrival here the players are always in good hands, so next weekend is not going to be different, they will be in good hands in the hands of the people on the bench and the people who are not going to be on the bench. That's the most important thing, since my first day here, they are in good hands on the pitch and outside the pitch."

"To be fair, when I see Pedro playing in the European Super Cup, when I see him playing in the Spanish Super Cup, I always thought with that attitude he is going to stay in Barcelona for sure. When we know that he is that kind of professional where he gives everything but knows in his mind that he wants to leave, we decide as a club not to lose, try to get, and then obviously we are happy that the player choose us."

On Terry, Mourinho admits he could start: "Maybe, maybe. Why not? At half time I explain to him what I want. I want to line to press high, I want my fastest defender to be on the pitch. My players they understand explanations, they react positively. I'm not expecting John or any other player I replace to be dancing in the dressing room, but he behaved professionally."

When asked what he learnt from the first two matches, Mourinho replies: "I didn't learn anything special because it's difficult in this moment in my career to have things that I never saw. One of the things clearly is that nothing went in our direction in both matches. We played fantastically well in the first half against Swansea. In the second half we play with 10 men and we concede a penalty. And Man City, in the first half the best team was winning, in the second half the best time couldn't equalise. We miss a goal with an open chance and then we conceded a very stupid goal so nothing went in our direction. We are calm, not happy, but calm."

"Courtois comes back in goal. I'm so happy, so happy with Begovic's performance, but we go back to Courtois."

Mourinho dismisses a question about Paul Pogba coming to Chelsea: "I can't speak about a Juventus player. I know that Allegri was all summer speaking about Oscar, but I can't do that. Only Allegri can speak about him, not myself."

Mourinho is asked if he wants to beat Tony Pulis, having lost his only two previous meetings with the Welshman: "Obviously I want to win but the point is not to try to beat Tony. I want to win."

Mourinho is asked if Pedro's arrival means someone will be leaving the club, but he admits it's not essential: "Maybe, but it's not a compulsory thing. I can perfectly have one more player than is normal for us, it's not a problem. You have injuries, suspensions, different competitions to play. Hopefully we can progress in the domestic cups too. If we have one more winger in the group, it can be a problem for the winger, but not for me."

Ice cool press conference

Like what I'm reading there, I'm sure Sky will be disappointed at the lack of hollywood about it but it's nice to be talking football :)

A win tomorrow where goals are still conceded might be the best outcome, say a 4-2 win.
    Looks bad in the short-term but might get Roman to splash out that wee bit more, and would be worth it in the long run.

Anyone going for Pedro in fantasy football?

Panthro 'Would you like Pogba and Stones to join Chelsea Jose?'

Jose:
    article-1337958-2B8D153000000578-834_302x322.jpg

• Advertisement

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    A win tomorrow where goals are still conceded might be the best outcome, say a 4-2 win.
    Looks bad in the short-term but might get Roman to splash out that wee bit more, and would be worth it in the long run.

Anyone going for Pedro in fantasy football?

FPL hat on definitely not, overpriced and not a guaranteed starter. Wait and see for a few weeks for sure!

Aye 9.5 is a bit steep for the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jose on the road
    The match at the Hawthorns will also be Jose’s 100th Premier League game away from the Bridge. His 99 so far comprise 60 wins, 20 draws and 19 defeats, gaining 200 from a possible 297 points.

Winning 6 out of 10 away is pretty good, hes only losing 2 in every 10 aswell.

Great record.

just noticed Cahill's neck in this picture...

Is it really that hard to just have the 5 of them take a picture together too? Surely less hassle than badly photoshopping them in there.

Love the kit though, think I'll be getting it (had decided to get one before they were released but wasn't keen on the other two).

Pedro takes #17

Rahman moves to #6

• Advertisement

CM8UkdhWwAA72K0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Really hope Costa scores at the weekend. The sooner he gets off the mark the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

hots wrote: »
    just noticed Cahill's neck in this picture...

long-neck-reaction.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1EElMZCetmiQ9JUrvj4IkFX8CouRFuohZ5gsMWTz8TIGbO0oyfA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

That 3rd top looks nice, Chelsea 3rd tops are nice in general i think however at €85 a pop on the CFC website they must be having a laugh!

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/en/products/kitselector/third-kit-2015-16/240?portal=EV791QAC&CMP=PSC-EV791QAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

IP freely wrote: »
    That 3rd top looks nice, Chelsea 3rd tops are nice in general i think however at €85 a pop on the CFC website they must be having a laugh!

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/en/products/kitselector/third-kit-2015-16/240?portal=EV791QAC&CMP=PSC-EV791QAC

The Chinese branch of the megastore offers them cheaper :p

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pedro takes #17

Rahman moves to #6

but what number will Pogba get when he signs?????

duploelabs wrote: »
    but what number will Pogba get when he signs?????

Whichever one he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

greendom wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1EElMZCetmiQ9JUrvj4IkFX8CouRFuohZ5gsMWTz8TIGbO0oyfA
    A ringer for Cahill alright.

Could just as easily be Pogba though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Really hope Costa scores at the weekend. The sooner he gets off the mark the better.

This +1000
    He really needs to bang one in. It will stop him looking for fights and start him hunting for the onion bag instead.

Do you think that it is possible to win the champions league with Costa as the main forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is Pedro able to play for you guys on Sunday. Want to sign him for fantasy football.

Is Pedro able to play for you guys on Sunday. Want to sign him for fantasy football.

Read or listen to José's press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

duploelabs wrote: »
    Read or listen to José's press conference

ye he said he didnt know. I was wondering if there has been an update he needed to be registered by 12 today. Great signing for yiz Id fancy him to easily get double figures from the RW.

Just after realising were not playing until Sunday. Was full sure it was tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just after realising were not playing until Sunday. Was full sure it was tomorrow

Honestly?

Honestly?

Wat

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Do you think that it is possible to win the champions league with Costa as the main forward?

Atletico Madrid nearly did, they guy id top 5 in the world as an out and out CF, hes only 2nd to Aguero as the best Cf in the EPL IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Atletico Madrid nearly did, they guy id top 5 in the world as an out and out CF, hes only 2nd to Aguero as the best Cf in the EPL IMO.

If he just get the hunger back for goals I'd be happy. It's too easy for the other teams player to get him angry

rottie 11 wrote: »
    If he just get the hunger back for goals I'd be happy. It's too easy for the other teams player to get him angry

I hope Pedro starts tomorrow, we'll have serious fire power available then to us in the support 3 behind Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The sun carrying a story about pogba for 95 million to Chelsea....
    What's going on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

saw 120m going around earlier too lol dunno whats going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

cadaliac wrote: »
    The sun carrying a story about pogba for 95 million to Chelsea....
    What's going on here?

From the BBC gossip column: "Chelsea have agreed a £69m deal to sign 22-year-old Juventus and France midfielder Paul Pogba, while attacking midfielders Oscar, 23, Willian, 27, and Juan Cuadrado, 27, could go the other way."

The problem is that until ink is drying on paper, everything is going to remain in the realm of gossip.

Oscar and willian going the other way ? Wouldn't v happy about that. Would rather ramires and cuadrado plus 30m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Duck Soup wrote: »
    From the BBC gossip column: "Chelsea have agreed a £69m deal to sign 22-year-old Juventus and France midfielder Paul Pogba, while attacking midfielders Oscar, 23, Willian, 27, and Juan Cuadrado, 27, could go the other way."

The problem is that until ink is drying on paper, everything is going to remain in the realm of gossip.

That'd be amazing.

Better first 11 but even less of a squad behind them.

Basically Ram and Obi as the sub options.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement