Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd say Willian won't be going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

If theres anyone who we should put in a player plus cash deal its Oscar. Juve want him. Offer them £50m and Oscar and see what they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Crackle wrote: »

Wonder will he be loaned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Wonder will he be loaned out

he's been given a shirt number so I wouldn't be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

duploelabs wrote: »

We're not going to sign him his window but it's a good sign that the club are after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ah lads Gav didn't sign up for this at all. Being mod of this forum should be all that's troubling his blood pressure.

Cuadrado on loan to Juve is a done deal according to Di Marizo.

We are also close to agreeing a 3 year deal to use Wembley as our home ground while we redevelop the Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Boards is on the blink this morning, anyway really hoping to see Pedro start today and hope he hits the ground running. I'd like to see us line up like this,

Courtois
    Azpili
    Terry
    Cahill
    Baba
    Matic
    Fabregas
    Willian
    Hazard
    Pedro
    Costa

I'm hoping Baba starts but think Ivanovic will keep his place unfortunately.

• Advertisement

This would be my one too, except in a 4-4-1-1 with Willian/Pedro/Hazard interchange behind Costa

Nothing much in this story, I just want to mess with Gav's Sunday hangover.
    Mwahahaa
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/460759/Chelsea-plot-player-plus-cash-deal-for-Pogba

Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Pedro starts! Cahill misses out and Ivanovic starts. Happy enough with that team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Can't wait to see Pedro in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Johner wrote: »
    Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Very interesting, that really is a tricky trio behind Costa now, puts more responsibility on fab to play creator too. Very excited :)

Mildly happy with that team, needs less Ivan though as he'll make Pedro a liability if he continues on his current gameplan and assuming that Pedro is on the wing

Mildly happy with that team, needs less Ivan though as he'll make Pedro a liability if he continues on his current gameplan and assuming that Pedro is on the wing

Too early for such a big change at the back I think, it wouldn't surprise me if he has to play more defensively though, I doubt Pedro will give him the same kind of protection as willian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

and I have created a duplicate match thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481910

Boards is acting up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Delighted with Pedros performance, well deserved motm. Hazard seems to be coming around a bit, Ivan needs to be dropped asap.

Oh and cesc and matic were brutal too what's going on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

JT26 wrote: »
    Pedro is something else watched the highlights,what a cracking signing!

Stop rubbing it in..............THEY NEVER WANTED HIM!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Fear we might be playing for second have to say City really started well and still adding to a frightening squad.

Pogba and Stones would make it interesting though

City started well but they're reliant on David Silva to conduct everything. So far they've only played teams that gave him the freedom of the park. Or he might get injured...

Turtwig wrote: »
    City started well but they're reliant on David Silva to conduct everything. So far they've only played teams that gave him the freedom of the park. Or he might get injured...

Yep, but that could change once they got De Bruyne. Navas doesn't have much of an end product but if they had De Bruyne they'd have someone else to make them tick.

If Aguero gets injured or Toure loses interest they'll be in trouble though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm confident of a top 3 finish this season after yesterdays performance ..

class stuff.

No one can convince me that Ivanovic doesn't have Mourinho's sex tapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

As long as he doesn't have Ray Wilkins sex tapes. It'd be like watching a tortoise getting freaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

giphy.gif

Ivanovic will be dropped soon enough, we are a mess at the back. I'm sure Jose just didn't want to start Baba Rahman off in an away game. We've already conceded 7 goals which is shocking.

• Advertisement

Be any different had Cech been between the sticks ye think?
    I'd imagine he's more vocal than TBO.

Panthro wrote: »
    Be any different had Cech been between the sticks ye think?
    I'd imagine he's more vocal than TBO.

I don't think so, he was never /that/ vocal and his command of the area is not as good. He definitely wouldn't have been off the line any quicker than Tbo to help JT either (Sky blaming Courtois for that).

Am I the only one who would entertain the notion of swapping Willian and Cesc?
    I think Willian is much more capable at helping out in defense and thunderbolting a counter attack, whereas Cesc can't defend to save his life.

I think Willian is much more capable at helping out in defense and thunderbolting a counter attack, whereas Cesc can't defend to save his life.

It would be no harm trying it out anyway. Would like to see a 4-3-3 formation aswel some time

Passing range, physicality and positioning would all be a problem. The last thing you'd want is Willian being responsible for Yaya or Fernandinho... One of the reasons he looks /so/ good defensively is because he's always an extra man...

Would love to see more of a 4-3-3 too, with Pedro on the wing (I know he's only played one game so far but it's good early signs) there's 2 sources of guaranteed creativity. Would love Oscar and Cesc to run midfield with Matic purely holding. Still think it would be a bit of a lightweight midfield compared to other though.

Compare to 10 years ago with that formation and it was a 3 from Maka/Essien/Ballack/Lamps. Far far more robust and defensively aware.

• Advertisement

Liverpool tearing arsenal apart. Cech keeping them in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Liverpool tearing arsenal apart. Cech keeping them in it
    nil all :)

Funny only a few short weeks ago we had Arsenal fans in here chomping at the bit telling us how bad we were and how this was this year. As always didn't last long our main issues nearly addressed and we can look forward Arsenal pretty shambolic it must be said.
    Pogba be great but just one more central defender and we are a shue in for at least second.

Chelsea's main issues are no where near addressed. That is unless of course you have given Cesc and Matic a kick up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

A midfielder is more important than a centre back at the moment.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Chelsea's main issues are no where near addressed. That is unless of course you have given Cesc and Matic a kick up the arse.

Balderdash we can afford to carry Cesc from a defensive aspect once the defence is sorted and Baba II will help with that and the progress of Zouma. That and the late pre season start has us rusty looking but it's coming. At the moment City certainly purring no one else is and if you don't think we will get it very right much sooner rather than later you are very much in error. Which I suspect you know anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Funny only a few short weeks ago we had Arsenal fans in here chomping at the bit telling us how bad we were and how this was this year. As always didn't last long our main issues nearly addressed and we can look forward Arsenal pretty shambolic it must be said.
    Pogba be great but just one more central defender and we are a shue in for at least second.

I sincerely doubt that and would love some quotes. Arsenal fans saying how bad Chelsea are and this is our year ... If you don't mind.

Your main issues nearly addressed but Arsenal look shambolic.

You're talking out your hoop because Arsenal drawing with Liverpool has given you some form of confidence or something.

gosplan wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt that and would love some quotes. Arsenal fans saying how bad Chelsea are and this is our year ... If you don't mind.

Your main issues nearly addressed but Arsenal look shambolic.

You're talking out your hoop because Arsenal drawing with Liverpool has given you some form of confidence or something.

No the willingness of TSHO to accept there are problems and move to address them as well as the abet slow improvement in our performance has given me confidence.

Arsenal and Liverpool won't finish ahead of us so pretty much immaterial how they do for me. They will be be hammer and tongs for for top four but not for champions.

Has Pogba entered yet?
    C'mon ta took.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement