Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

EPL : Certain top 2 Arsenal our biggest threat I think, more defensive cover and we should win it. Depends on how the rest of the transfer window goes not certain our defence as it stands is good enough.

Ha ha. In fact this is the most talking up of Arsenal's chances I could find.

What a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gosplan wrote: »
    Ha ha. In fact this is the most talking up of Arsenal's chances I could find.

What a joke!

An awful lot of effort gone there by youself to call out a Chelsea fan in a Chelsea Superthread.
    Fock all else to be doing.

No the willingness of TSHO to accept there are problems and move to address them as well as the abet slow improvement in our performance has given me confidence.

Arsenal and Liverpool won't finish ahead of us so pretty much immaterial how they do for me. They will be be hammer and tongs for for top four but not for champions.

And the Arsenal fans in here please?

Not interested in any of your points till you back that up.

And the Arsenal fans in here please?

Not interested in any of your points till you back that up.

What makes you think he has to justify literally anything he posts to you?

Panthro wrote: »
    An awful lot of effort gone there by youself to call out a Chelsea fan in a Chelsea Superthread.
    Fock all else to be doing.

What? You only prioritise particular boards football posts above items in your busy schedule.

Btw, doesn't take long. Search this thread button and type in Arsenal.

What makes you think he has to justify literally anything he posts

FYP

FYP

You're the one coming in here calling him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

A CM is a must for us. Fab is terrible beside Matic, even when we have the ball the amount of times he gave it away on sunday. He has to play in front of Mikel and Matic for me.
    .............at least until we sign Pogba ; - )

As for Willian playing deeper i think he could offer more of energy but i think Ramires offers that too. Willian could certainly play there against certain teams but we have better options.
    When you look at the city squad they ar a lot more balanced this season with Sterling and a quality defender to partner Kompany. Solid at the back and mor fluid in attack.
    Plus if they can add DeBruyne they are gonna be hard to stop. Silva on the right DeBruyne center and Sterling left, with Nasri and Navas waiting in the wings. Also Bony as a plan B they look formidable..................except they dont have a Mourinho.

We on the other hand do, we also have a much more balanced attack with Pedro replacing Willian. Now Fab or Oscar can play central if we can add a player to partner Matic.
    Also if we can inject a bit of pace in our defence we will see a whole lot more attacking from us because we can pressure higher up the pitch.

Yes I am calling him out.
    Funny only a few short weeks ago we had Arsenal fans in here chomping at the bit telling us how bad we were and how this was this year.

If I posted this in the Arsenal thread about any other team, I'd expect a response.

• Advertisement

Come on Arsenal are poor, have been for years. End of story............back to Chelsea please.

Yes I am calling him out.

If I posted this in the Arsenal thread about any other team, I'd expect a response.

Good for you.
    Doesnt change the fact that He still doesnt have to justify his posts to you though.

what a day wrote: »
    A CM is a must for us. Fab is terrible beside Matic, even when we have the ball the amount of times he gave it away on sunday. He has to play in front of Mikel and Matic for me.
    .............at least until we sign Pogba ; - )

As for Willian playing deeper i think he could offer more of energy but i think Ramires offers that too. Willian could certainly play there against certain teams but we have better options.
    When you look at the city squad they ar a lot more balanced this season with Sterling and a quality defender to partner Kompany. Solid at the back and mor fluid in attack.
    Plus if they can add DeBruyne they are gonna be hard to stop. Silva on the right DeBruyne center and Sterling left, with Nasri and Navas waiting in the wings. Also Bony as a plan B they look formidable..................except they dont have a Mourinho.

We on the other hand do, we also have a much more balanced attack with Pedro replacing Willian. Now Fab or Oscar can play central if we can add a player to partner Matic.
    Also if we can inject a bit of pace in our defence we will see a whole lot more attacking from us because we can pressure higher up the pitch.
    I'd like to see Dave back at RB and let him roam forward from time to time.

Good for you.
    Doesnt change the fact that He still doesnt have to justify his posts to you though.

Yeah grand. Note I am at least bothering to explain myself to you. Courtesy and all that.

And if he's going to make statements about the behaviour of boards.ie Arsenal fans he could at least do the same.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe we should just say whatever we want and never have to back it up.

I get you're getting behind him but can we just let him respond himself now. Won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I can't see us getting Pogba, I think he'll be off to Real Madrid or Barca next summer.

As others have said we badly need a new CM to slot in beside Matic, Pogba would be ideal allowing Cesc to go to number 10 with Hazard and Pedro either side of him. I'm not really sure who's available, I wasn't keen on Witsel but he could be a solution in the short term. Matic and Cesc have had an awful start to the season and the pairing just doesn't seem to work that well.

A CB is also badly needed, we have looked truly awful at the back so far and have the second leakiest defence in the league. I think we will end up getting Stones for around £40m on deadline day with Everton signing Jonny Evans. I don't think we will sign a midfielder though which will ultimately be our downfall. I think we will finish second with City regaining the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Drogba still looks the part in Blue. Hope he goes well for Toronto.
    soc-mls-red-bulls-impact-20150805.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Drogba still looks the part in Blue. Hope he goes well for Toronto.
    soc-mls-red-bulls-impact-20150805.jpg

I dunno is it a weird angle or something but he looks very slight by his standards? Maybe shifting a bit of bulk to have less to carry for each game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Yeah grand. Note I am at least bothering to explain myself to you. Courtesy and all that.

And if he's going to make statements about the behaviour of boards.ie Arsenal fans he could at least do the same.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe we should just say whatever we want and never have to back it up.

I get you're getting behind him but can we just let him respond himself now. Won't hold my breath.

That's generally how the internet works. No reasoning behind posts. :pac:
    Boards just goes all out to be some sort of sophisticated upper class forum, or at least the soccer forum does anyway :P
    When people put in a bit of effort to articulate themselves correctly, then just get shut down by others, that's when people start getting narky.

It's a continuous cycle, which fans of two certain north-western england clubs are great for it.

I honestly dont think Pogba would suit Barca. His touch is not at a standard Barca are known for in midfield. Maybe they see they can polish that side of his game?
    Anyhoo i dont see were they would play him either with Bicuits and Rakitic.

Madrid on the other hand they would buy anybody/everybody. I Think PSG will throw their hand in too btw

So basically... Pogba and Chelsea are a match made in heaven!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

what a day wrote: »
    Come on Arsenal are poor, have been for years. End of story............back to Chelsea please.

• Advertisement

So basically... Pogba and Chelsea are a match made in heaven!

I'm definitely not the biggest member of the Pogba wagon at all (he's nowhere near as good as the price-tag would suggest imo) but can you imagine a midfield of

Matic

Pogba
    Fabregas
    Pedro
    Hazard

Now that's back to the good old days of 2 real wingers (except far better than anything we've had before), 2 real cms (not quite as good as before) and a great holding player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

hots wrote: »
    I'm definitely not the biggest member of the Pogba wagon at all (he's nowhere near as good as the price-tag would suggest imo) but can you imagine a midfield of

Matic

Pogba
    Fabregas
    Pedro
    Hazard

Now that's back to the good old days of 2 real wingers (except far better than anything we've had before), 2 real cms (not quite as good as before) and a great holding player.

Best 2 since the Duff Robben days *daydreams*

We just need a new Bison!

Soby wrote: »
    Best 2 since the Duff Robben days *daydreams*

Better than that imo. Robben was never world class until he left (certainly nowhere near Haz's current level anyway) and Duff whilst great for us I don't think had quite the quality that Pedro brings (still early days to judge). Compare our depth now to then too, Willian>J.Cole/Kalou and we actually have young players almost ready to break through too hopefully.

We are being linked with Garay now.

Johner wrote: »

Meh... I don't think it's much of a change on Cahill. If we're going to sign a CB I'd much rather at least sub-25 with a view to partnering Zouma in the future.

I wasn't worried when Man U were going to sign Garay and wouldn't be too excited if he came to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Is it not just weird timing we're being linked with Garay now? I reckon its to get a move out of Stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Stones apparently has begged the everton owner to let him go. I doubt we'll get him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wonder how long some of those replys took to dig out ha ha ha. Quite happy to justify my posts ho Chelsea fans in the Chelsea thread other than that yea right ha ha ha

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Stones apparently has begged the everton owner to let him go. I doubt we'll get him tbh

Have to draw the line somewhere we need a CB but money quoted is mad. May as well go all out for Varane at that price and see what happens

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »

I don't either and at the prices I think we'd be best off leaving him. We're not in dire straights... This year we'll be fine carrying JT,Cahill,Zouma & Ivan (worst case).

Next year I hope we'll be Cahill & Zouma (assuming JT will be finished at the end of this year) and then we can look for someone to be the #3 and future cahill replacement with Christensen/Kalas back from loan as #4 CB. If there's nothing on the market now there's no point getting squeezed for someone who's going to be 3rd/4th choice imo.

We can send the feelers out for a full year in the meantime and hopefully find something more reasonable before next summer, if not we can try and go at Stones again then.

Funny this Arsenal fans vote Chelsea player their greatest ever buy, just shows how great TSHO is yeeee haaawee

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554746-cesc-fabregas-voted-arsenals-greatest-ever-signing-ahead-of-thierry-henry

Cuadrado on loan to Juve is now confirmed.

Funny this Arsenal fans vote Chelsea player their greatest ever buy, just shows how great TSHO is yeeee haaawee

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554746-cesc-fabregas-voted-arsenals-greatest-ever-signing-ahead-of-thierry-henry

That's really strange, surely Henry or Bergkamp? Or even Sol Campbell? Could just be the young Arsenal Twitter brigade influencing it.

That's really strange, surely Henry or Bergkamp? Or even Sol Campbell? Could just be the young Arsenal Twitter brigade influencing it.

Impossible.
    Grumpys too old to use Twitter..

(Boom!)

Or could it be a certain attribute TSHO accused Wenger of having many moons ago has spread to the Arsenall fans. They do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time focused on all things blue.

Official tweet about Baba's shirt number being changed to #6 has been removed, GET HYPED!

Wonder how long some of those replys took to dig out ha ha ha. Quite happy to justify my posts ho Chelsea fans in the Chelsea thread other than that yea right ha ha ha

Handy.

So you get to chat to Chelsea fans and make up stuff about the rest of us.

You could prove me wrong in about 3 mins btw. Problem is though you're full of it so 'why should I justify myself to you' is a bit easier.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Official tweet about Baba's shirt number being changed to #6 has been removed, GET HYPED!

Did he not just move to 6? Or are ya thinking he's now been moved off that to leave it for hewhoshallnotbenamed?

• Advertisement

Did he not just move to 6? Or are ya thinking he's now been moved off that to leave it for hewhoshallnotbenamed?

the latter

José had him for a year at Real and only played him five times in the league (plus twice in the Spanish Cup). DOubt it's going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Cuadrado on loan to Juve is now confirmed.

Great to see him moved on. Would have preferred if he was sold instead of loaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Stones hands in a transfer request according to SSN.

the latter

Keeping my sensible hat on, it's probably just him getting the #3. Which is also nice.

• Advertisement

the latter

On the official site his number is blank as well, he's probably just moving to 3 but then again he was announced as 6 so who knows!

Well that puts the cat amongst the pigeons and no mistake

A link! Evidence!

So you DO do it.

Good lad Stones! Let's try get Stones wrapped up, have a feeling United will be bidding.

Handy.

So you get to chat to Chelsea fans and make up stuff about the rest of us.

You could prove me wrong in about 3 mins btw. Problem is though you're full of it so 'why should I justify myself to you' is a bit easier.

Yawn, I have far better things to do with 3 minutes than pander to your ego

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement