Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gosplan wrote: »
    A link! Evidence!

So you DO do it.

Yawn, Chelsea fans deserve this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

My opinion on this transfer window has changed massively in the last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I hope United come in for him. So he can reject them and sign for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yawn, I have far better things to do with 3 minutes than pander to your ego

Exactly. It wouldn't be three minutes to shut me up.

Thanks Grumpy.

Exactly. It wouldn't be three minutes to shut me up.

Thanks Grumpy.

Yawn I have read it is impossible to shut up an Arsenal fan but that 3 minutes is the normal attention span beats a goldfish at least.

Yawn I have read it is impossible to shut up an Arsenal fan but that 3 minutes is the normal attention span beats a goldfish at least.

Sorry Grumpy, you gave the game away. Transparent you are buddy.

Anyway, get back to whatever you were before you kept replying to me telling me how you weren't bothered replying to me.

'Intelligent discussion' - good one.

See you later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think weve let the Stones transfer rumblr on too long, even if he hands in a transfer request it can be rejected.

Hes gonna have to plead his case seriously or act like a d**khead to get the move.

Sorry Grumpy, you gave the game away. Transparent you are buddy.

Anyway, get back to whatever you were before you kept replying to me telling me how you weren't bothered replying to me.

'Intelligent discussion' - good one.

See you later.

I thank the Lord Jesus I will never see you, I am actually quite particular as to the company I keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well hello Varene..*flutters eyeslashes*

I thank the Lord Jesus I will never see you, I am actually quite particular as to the company I keep.

I'm not so bad. I'm just annoying when I'm being persistant.

Next time just answer the question and admitt you were making stuff up rather than changing the subject, crowing about Fabregas, slagging Arsenal fans in general.

We all make mistakes. It's harder in an instant to say 'I was wrong' but it's a lot easier than winding yourself in knots over a dozen posts.

There weren't loads of Arsenal fans in here crowing about how it was our year and you'd regressed beause that would be too stupid. You are managed by Jose, we are the most likely team to underachieve and we're aware of that.

Sorry for not letting it go but you were so deliberately avoiding the question whereas you just needed to say 'I was wrong'.

I always most impressed when I see an apology and an admission of incorrectness on boards. There are so many arguments and heated debates but so few say 'my bad'.

So I'm sorry if this back and forth annoyed people in the Chelsea thread today. The forum would better if people let stuff go. Catching someone out spoofing isn't that interesting to everyone else.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Well hello Varene..*flutters eyeslashes*

Just had a damn fine curry a Varene would just top it off with a nice Pogba sauce of course

I'm not so bad. I'm just annoying when I'm being persistant.

Next time just answer the question and admitt you were making stuff up rather than changing the subject, crowing about Fabregas, slagging Arsenal fans in general.

We all make mistakes. It's harder in an instant to say 'I was wrong' but it's a lot easier than winding yourself in knots over a dozen posts.

There weren't loads of Arsenal fans in here crowing about how it was our year and you'd regressed beause that would be too stupid. You are managed by Jose, we are the most likely team to underachieve and we're aware of that.

Sorry for not letting it go but you were so deliberately avoiding the question whereas you just needed to say 'I was wrong'.

I always most impressed when I see an apology and an admission of incorrectness on boards. There are so many arguments and heated debates but so few say 'my bad'.

So I'm sorry if this back and forth annoyed people in the Chelsea thread today. The forum would better if people let stuff go. Catching someone out spoofing isn't that interesting to everyone else.

Your opinion to which I would not concur. Other than that boring .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Like two teenage girls the two of ye..

Can't understand how no attempt has been made for Varane...

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Like two teenage girls the two of ye..

Can't understand how no attempt has been made for Varane...

There were rumours of a bid but RM not interested, in fairness why would they.

Teenage girl you should see me in my cheerleader outfit :-) bring a tear to your eye that ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Teenage girl you should see me in my cheerleader outfit :-) bring a tear to your eye that ..........
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-9943-1402656509-4.gif:)

Theres no hope that Real would sell Varane. Even if we offered the same £35/40m that Everton eill get.

Hell, Im not sure Everton will sell theyve only 6/7 days to get a CB in to replace him. Unless Kenwright wants to pocket some of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great draw, Walsall away.

Johner wrote: »
    Great draw, Walsall away.

Should be able to play some of the young guys there and have a look great draw indeed.

Whens the Walsall game actually?

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Whens the Walsall game actually?

22nd or 23rd September suppose TV dictates, also Fulham home to Stoke too so that will have an impact too.

We'll probably be a tv game, defending champions away at a potentially tricky 3rd round game.

Bound to get a tv audience for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Funny ground at Walsall, one lovely stand that was a later addition, and 3 horrible ones with poles blocking the view at regular intervals.

Handy enough to get to by train from Birmingham though (well it was a few years ago, presumably the service isn't any worse). Few flights a day to Birmingham from Dublin too, mightn't be a bad away trip!

Funny ground at Walsall, one lovely stand that was a later addition, and 3 horrible ones with poles blocking the view at regular intervals.

Handy enough to get to by train from Birmingham though (well it was a few years ago, presumably the service isn't any worse). Few flights a day to Birmingham from Dublin too, mightn't be a bad away trip!

Ah good point, makes Fulham being at home seem less important oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We'll probably be a tv game, defending champions away at a potentially tricky 3rd round game.

Bound to get a tv audience for it.

doubt it , arsenal v spurs , villa v birmingham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »

Don't think there's any chance of both getting pushed through and with Stones handing in his transfer request yesterday he's got to be favourite. Dropping a casual £120m with a week to go seems like a bit much even by our Torres-esque standards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just looking at the possible CL draws, jesus there are some tough ones this year in Pot 2 and 4. Especially with 3 english teams in pot 2, means we have a fairly good chance of hitting one of the Madrids in our group... Wouldn't fancy Wolfsburg or Gladbach from pot 4 much either :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

hots wrote: »
    Just looking at the possible CL draws, jesus there are some tough ones this year in Pot 2 and 4. Especially with 3 english teams in pot 2, means we have a fairly good chance of hitting one of the Madrids in our group... Wouldn't fancy Wolfsburg or Gladbach from pot 4 much either :/

Why are rm in pot 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why are rm in pot 2?
    Pot 1 is now for the champions of the top eight leagues.

Could have an interesting group so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Nightmare group: Real, Lyon, Wolfsburg.

Dream group: Porto, Olympiakos, Malmo.

Top 7 leagues and last years winners as 1st seeds.

If the winners also win their league the 8th best league in Europe gets a 1st seed draw, cant remember was it Ukraine or Russia this year?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

walsall weds 23rd sept

I wonder of Everton have paid Chelsea all of the Lukaku money? A lot of these payments are staged so if they have not and they sell Stones to Chelsea would they have to pay what they owe? Could be a reason for the foot dragging as they really are a selling club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sticking my fingers in my ears and going La la la la la
    https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/636523953742323713

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We left it too late tbh. They have no time to sign a replacement and they already lost Vidal and Pirlo and signed Khedira who is injured more then he's fit. I highly doubt they are interested in replacing Pogba with Ramires. I know they were interested in Oscar and Willian but I can't see them replacing a CM with an AM.

I wonder of Everton have paid Chelsea all of the Lukaku money? A lot of these payments are staged so if they have not and they sell Stones to Chelsea would they have to pay what they owe? Could be a reason for the foot dragging as they really are a selling club.

I read the last payment is due Aug 31st

I read the last payment is due Aug 31st

Ah makes little difference then, if not Stones who will we get there has to be one more signing I would have thought.

Funny article here written by an Everton fan I imagine

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-transfer-bid-john-stones-chelsea-are-rich-club-not-big-club-everton-fans-bite-back?

So as Everton have had sustained success from the 1890's to 1990's and we have only had sustained success over the past 20 years they are deemed to be the bigger club, I would have thought the lack of a trophy for 20 years would have relegated them to famous but not big clubs.

Interesting until the second world war we had a higher average attendance than Everton 42,615 vs 37,461, from resumption after the war until 1985 they had a higher average of 51,603 to our 48,260 and from 1986 we again are higher 41,902 against 38,837 (which is not quite what this chap said).

I am all for people backing their clubs but he seems to be very economic with the truth. Who would blame Stones for wanting to join a bigger club if he has any desire to play at the very top level.

• Advertisement

Walsall game not live on telly Sky (obviously) going with North London and Birmingham derby

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/8/26/9211167/sky-sports-announce-televised-matches-for-league-cup-third-round

Stones playing for Everton against Barnsley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stones playing for Everton against Barnsley

That's more Martinez not being a dick by not dropping a player because they're leaving. Fair enough if the player is being a dick, but this nonsense that they won't play properly if their head is set on leaving is utter rubbish.

Stones would be a fantastic signing for ye. Too soon though imo, he'll develop more at Everton than he would bit part role at Chelsea.

Everton 2 down already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Turtwig wrote: »
    That's more Martinez not being a dick by not dropping a player because they're leaving. Fair enough if the player is being a dick, but this nonsense that they won't play properly if their head is set on leaving is utter rubbish.

Stones would be a fantastic signing for ye. Too soon though imo, he'll develop more at Everton than he would bit part role at Chelsea.

Or Just giving the impression that he isn't leaving......
    Or playing the best player for that position......

I think he will be a good signing too but I think he will develop as quickly at Chelsea as he would at Everton. He would probably get as many games, assuming his form doesn't take a nose dive.

Lukker- wrote: »
    We left it too late tbh. They have no time to sign a replacement and they already lost Vidal and Pirlo and signed Khedira who is injured more then he's fit. I highly doubt they are interested in replacing Pogba with Ramires. I know they were interested in Oscar and Willian but I can't see them replacing a CM with an AM.

They also gave Pogba the famous Juve 10 shirt. Plus it's unlikely he'd want to move the year before the Euros in France.

a couple of videos on twitter of everton fans abusing stones after the game last night

a couple of videos on twitter of everton fans abusing stones after the game last night

Yea seen them that will encourage him to stay, classy these Everton fans

When's the champions league draw ?

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    When's the champions league draw ?

16:45 i think , show will go on for about 27 hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement