Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote: »
    With the cup final subday its a simple yet effective notion.

Win this for Matic and f**k the FA.

Matic should be out there giving his all but hes not able too.

Thise playing should go out there and do this for him.

Yeah that should be the mindset going into it.

With or without Matic we will have the better players on the pitch and should win. If we rely so heavily on Matic then we aren't really as good as we think are we...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yeah that should be the mindset going into it.

With or without Matic we will have the better players on the pitch and should win. If we rely so heavily on Matic then we aren't really as good as we think are we...

A 100%, 1-11 weve better players than them but its not that simple when it boils down to it.

It could make lr beeak our season too depending on how we react after it.

Not trying to stick the knife into City but there nowhere near good enough on the European stage.

You cant make excuses that its Barcelona playing excellent football, you've to play teams like that if you want to win the competition, which you'd assume is what City want considering the fortune theyve spent.

They've not even made a dent in Europe, they've got tough groups, of course they have, they're UEFA co-effecient isnt high because they're not doing well in Europe.

I'm very aware that they're still in the competition and it could happen that we could be k/o'd like them in the Round of 16 also but when it comes to European bang for your buck City are a lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

To think we will lose the league to this "below par" team ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Not trying to stick the knife into City but there nowhere near good enough on the European stage.

You cant make excuses that its Barcelona playing excellent football, you've to play teams like that if you want to win the competition, which you'd assume is what City want considering the fortune theyve spent.

They've not even made a dent in Europe, they've got tough groups, of course they have, they're UEFA co-effecient isnt high because they're not doing well in Europe.

I'm very aware that they're still in the competition and it could happen that we could be k/o'd like them in the Round of 16 also but when it comes to European bang for your buck City are a lemon.

I think that's a little harsh to be honest. I'm not sure what team could have coped with Barca in the first half and in the second half I'd argue city were the better team and missed a few great chance. If clichy hadn't of been sent off they could have pushed harder for the equaliser. They were also missing their most important player.

The one thing the confuses me with city is Kompany. I can't see how people rate him so highly and I'm not just going on the howler last night but in general. His decison and positioning at times is absolutely dreadful especially when playing top teams where it can be exposed. In the league he is fast, strong and athletic but at the top level those attributes are not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Interesting piece on the Chelsea against the world issue

http://eplindex.com/65507/really-campaign-chelsea.html?

the_monkey wrote: »
    To think we will lose the league to this "below par" team ..

I dont think we will but we'll win it by 2-4 points in the end.
    I think that's a little harsh to be honest. I'm not sure what team could have coped with Barca in the first half and in the second half I'd argue city were the better team and missed a few great chance. If clichy hadn't of been sent off they could have pushed harder for the equaliser. They were also missing their most important player.

The one thing the confuses me with city is Kompany. I can't see how people rate him so highly and I'm not just going on the howler last night but in general. His decison and positioning at times is absolutely dreadful especially when playing top teams where it can be exposed. In the league he is fast, strong and athletic but at the top level those attributes are not enough.

City might have been better in the 2nd half but apart from Dzekos sitter they didnt create as much as Barca in the 1st half, Suarez missed a 1 on 1, flashed a volley wide, Alves hit the bar, Messi in the 2nd half had a shot that Hart done well to tip over after a deflection and the penlty miss and shocking rebound, 2-1 makes it look a lot closer than it was IMO.

I'm not writing them off yet but theyve a slim, slim chance of going to Camp Nou and winning by 2 clear goals to nil to win it or any score line higher than 2-1 without needing ET or penalties.

Youve hit the nail on the head with his positioning it was all over th place last night, he was engaging out the field and getting caught out and when he was defending the box or the edge of it he wasnt following runners or for the 2nd goal, just stopping all together, hes still a good CB but the God like status he enjoys is probably incorrect.

He makes points, Jose shoudl bow out of the media for awhile, he wont but it might help the PR.

The club are backing him to the hilt over this issue so we'll be in the media awhile longer.

All we need know is anti-semitic chants or some such on Sunday and it will kick off again, although theres nowhere near as much media exposure about West Ham fans doing it going to White Hart Lane on Sunday, double standards much?

I had forgotten until I read that article that Anthony Taylor booked Cesc for the "dive" vs Southampton, hes the man in the middle on Sunday. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I had forgotten until I read that article that Anthony Taylor booked Cesc for the "dive" vs Southampton, hes the man in the middle on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Anthony Taylor ? How did that gob****e get to manage a final? Shows how poor the general standard must be if he's deemed good enough!

greendom wrote: »
    Anthony Taylor ? How did that gob****e get to manage a final? Shows how poor the general standard must be if he's deemed good enough!

The standard across the board is pretty bad IMO.

Guys like Friend, Swarbrick and Moss are terrible also and the senior guys, Dowd, Atkinson, Taylor, Clattenburg, Dean arent much better IMO.

Atkinson was dropped from this weekends fixtures, hes 4th official for the Utd game, whoever theyre playing.

He makes points, Jose shoudl bow out of the media for awhile, he wont but it might help the PR.

The club are backing him to the hilt over this issue so we'll be in the media awhile longer.

All we need know is anti-semitic chants or some such on Sunday and it will kick off again, although theres nowhere near as much media exposure about West Ham fans doing it going to White Hart Lane on Sunday, double standards much?

There is a big difference regarding the clubs stance this time I have never seen the twitter account and web site being so openly hostile to FA decisions. OK TSHO has but that is how he does things but the pressure from the club is quite sustained. I would love to know what the agenda is because for certain there is one. My guess is they really were outraged at the treatment of Costa and are taking the opportunity to attack the FA. It is difficult to see where this will end but I really cannot remember any club going toe to toe with the FA like this.

greendom wrote: »

The standard of referees in England is awful and whilst they can hide behind the mothers apron that is the FA it won't improve.

That said it is a hard job and they are human so why not allow technology, the goal line technology is a success and they could take a leaf from rugby where the ref can ask for something to be reviewed whilst play is in progress. Or wait until a suitable stoppage in play whichever.

There is a big difference regarding the clubs stance this time I have never seen the twitter account and web site being so openly hostile to FA decisions. OK TSHO has but that is how he does things but the pressure from the club is quite sustained. I would love to know what the agenda is because for certain there is one. My guess is they really were outraged at the treatment of Costa and are taking the opportunity to attack the FA. It is difficult to see where this will end but I really cannot remember any club going toe to toe with the FA like this.

Ferguson & Utd would have during his time, so much so that people always, always wondered how Utd got away with incidents or soft calls.

Had Costa or Matic playe dunder Fergie he'd be doing the same as Jose probably even worse, sure didnt he claim that Morgan of Swansea could have killed RVP with the football he hit off him?

Jose isnt the last or first too give out but hes one of the loudest thats why he gets more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The standard of referees in England is awful and whilst they can hide behind the mothers apron that is the FA it won't improve.

That said it is a hard job and they are human so why not allow technology, the goal line technology is a success and they could take a leaf from rugby where the ref can ask for something to be reviewed whilst play is in progress. Or wait until a suitable stoppage in play whichever.

I dont believe the issue is the referees its the tools they are given. Football is worth too much money now for it to be controlled completely by one individual running up and down, the fitness and eliteness of the players in the modern game makes it impossible for most refs to keep up.

I think the changes coming at the head of FIFA will lead to change

• Advertisement

TBH, a TMO with the ability to call back certain, blatant calls should be available.

I dont think FIFA wil do it though as they like the idea of human error, grand, thats ok, I'll live with that if the refs are either better trained or less likely to f**k ya over.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I dont believe the issue is the referees its the tools they are given. Football is worth too much money now for it to be controlled completely by one individual running up and down, the fitness and eliteness of the players in the modern game makes it impossible for most refs to keep up.

I think the changes coming at the head of FIFA will lead to change

Refs on Segways is what I want to see, would help Dowd anyway.

Mirror saying we were in for Danny Ings.

:confused:

This is the report from the match delegate/assesor.

30 For me, NOT kmi (Key match incident) -but would appreciate your take on this…. Barnes jump challenge with Ivanovic

32 Potential penalty decision-Handball against Kightly, not given. In my opinion, a correct decision as ball hit with pace from close range and didn'’t see it as deliberate.

44 Potential penalty decision-Foul on Costa, not given (Dammed if he gives it, damned if he don’t!!) For me, both in real time and on dvd my opinion is that Costa is looking to go down as soon as contact is made. However, Shackell does put his hands on him so appreciate your thoughts!! Also to note, ref can’t actually see Shackell’s hands on Costa.

70 Challenge by Barnes on Matic, nothing given – for me correct. In super slow mo it obviously looks awful, but in real time live and dvd Barnes catches him as follow through from the challenge. (Does Barnes mean to harm him?-only he knows) Also, looks worse because Matic has his foot planted…

70 Straight red-Matic retaliation, correct.

73 Potential penalty decision-Handball against Luis, not given. In my opinion, also not deliberate so correct

WTF was he drinking.....

Want to know whats better, hes appointed to our game vs West Ham too so expect a h*t ton of poor calls from the ref on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

This is the report from the match delegate/assesor.

WTF was he drinking.....

Want to know whats better, hes appointed to our game vs West Ham too so expect a h*t ton of poor calls from the ref on the day.

That's ridiculous, clearly shows the process isn't worth doing at all if all it serves to do is say everything was perfect.

• Advertisement

I think for a Chelsea player to get a penalty hes going to have to be cut down with an axe at this stage.

Nice piece from Pat Nevin on the Chelsea web site. There certainly is a ramping up of pressure from Chelsea TSHO's press conference could be a cracker.

Nice piece from Pat Nevin on the Chelsea web site. There certainly is a ramping up of pressure from Chelsea TSHO's press conference could be a cracker.

I read it earlier actually, talks a lot of sense.

The presser will be box office, if he decides he wants to do it.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My missus, who I think I've said before has no interest in football but watches it so that she can watch Kardashians or something asked me whether Chelsea would get a penalty if one of the players was spear-tackled in the box? I said I didn't think so, unless maybe it was Hazard.

My missus, who I think I've said before has no interest in football but watches it so that she can watch Kardashians or something asked me whether Chelsea would get a penalty if one of the players was spear-tackled in the box? I said I didn't think so, unless maybe it was Hazard.

Its unlikely, Hazard would be cautioned for obstructing the opponent I'd say. :o

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't get how the writer went about that article at all. Maybe a word limit would suit him better.

It starts with saying José was wrong about the campaign in December, but that he's right about it now before concluding that there is no campaign. :confused:

I think the Chelsea player would be dismissed for showing his studs at an opponent.

Chelsea tv showing league cup finals at the moment.

Arsenal 07 on now.

Chelsea tv showing league cup finals at the moment.

Arsenal 07 on now.

That was a great match ... at least for tension ... BEWARE OF THE DROG !!!

Arsenal played very well the same day too.

But Drogba was Drogba, would love to see him score against Spurs on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Arsenal played very well the same day too.

But Drogba was Drogba, would love to see him score against Spurs on Sunday.

Well he loves to score in finals !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are ye confident about sunday ?

rottie 11 wrote: »

I am and I'm not.

Its a final anything can happen really, ya just have to look at Wigan v City and Birmingham v Arsenal as huge upsets in cup finals over the last few years.

Not suggesting Spurs are that many levels below us, not at all, but we'd be slight favourites going into the final with almost all bookies I'd imagine.

We've a better squad, more experience with finals and big games and a better coach, factor in Spurs are in Italy on Thursday night and they wont be back until late Thursday night means we've had 7 full days of rest while theyve played on Sunday and Thursday and Sunday again with largely the same core of players.

Football isnt that simple though.

I'd say Chelsea 2-1.

rottie 11 wrote: »

Our form of late has been very poor, but we will have had a solid 8 days training with no travel and by and large no distractions (for the players at least).

Am I confident no more hopeful to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Our form of late has been very poor, but we will have had a solid 8 days training with no travel and by and large no distractions (for the players at least).

Am I confident no more hopeful to be honest.

Pfft....Spurs....it'll be grand.

Panthro wrote: »
    Pfft....Spurs....it'll be grand.

3 point....Wembley? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

3 point....Wembley? :pac:

Zackley!:D

So next year where are we going to fit in Messi and Pogba?

I can see Pogba taking the number 6 and Messi taking the number 25. :eek: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Blasphemy!

• Advertisement

Blasphemy!

If anyone can fill the shirt its Messi. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If anyone can fill the shirt its Messi. ;)

Totally disagree, an absolute disgrace of a man IMO.
    Great player and all that but not the kind of disruptive element we need and surely not for no. 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

He definitely won't be taking the penalties :)

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Totally disagree, an absolute disgrace of a man IMO.
    Great player and all that but not the kind of disruptive element we need and surely not for no. 25.

Number 30 is free too :pac:
    weiland79 wrote: »
    He definitely won't be taking the penalties :)

Nah, thats Hazards gig, not many around better than him either at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

What's a penalty??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

RichT wrote:
    What's a penalty??????????

Nobody here would know I guess 😅

• Advertisement

Its liking asking a Pool fan whats a league title, youve to think back long and hard to remember the last one. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

long and hard :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

duploelabs wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:
    oooh matron

Arsenal 1 down. :o

2 down and giroud has missed a few sitters.

:o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement