Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's happening ? Stones ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Have there been any Stones shirt burning parties yet, they like that type of thing in that neck of the woods. Classy.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/29/chelsea-fans-burns-petr-cech-shirt-after-arsenal-transfer-is-confirmed-5271986/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gosplan wrote: »

Find me a transfer to a rival club where this hasnt happened.

In the new age of social media and peoples general stupidity and a platform to project said stupidity to the world, shirt burnings happen, usually careied out by the dregs of the fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

GavRedKing wrote: »

In the new age of social media and peoples general stupidity and a platform to project said stupidity to the world, shirt burnings happen, usually careied out by the dregs of the fanbase.

Yes there are a lot of idiots out there

What do we expect tomorrow?

Courtois
    Ivan cahill zouma azp
    Matic cesc
    Pedro willian hazard
    costa

Begovic
    Baba
    Mikel ramires
    Oscar
    Falcao remy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He has to drop Ivan for a game or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Panthro wrote: »
    He has to drop Ivan for a game or two.

He really has to be dropped following recent performances.

Driving a man from his home and some chap in the Kuwaiti desert allegedly burning a Cech shirt not quite in the same ball park. Add in the reception Mata and Lamps received from us and Drogs when he played for Galatasary (?). Just does not conform with what the haters want to portray ahhh poor lambs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

there is a difference in the manner of those transfers, neither of the above handed in a transfer request to try to force a move. in fact I'd say all of those would give there right arm to still be playing for Chelsea.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    there is a difference in the manner of those transfers, neither of the above handed in a transfer request to try to force a move. in fact I'd say all of those would give there right arm to still be playing for Chelsea.

Generally speaking though those that leave don't get a hard time such as sideshow when he knocked us out of the CL. actually struggling to think of a bad reception I am sure there must have been but really life is too short.

Generally speaking though those that leave don't get a hard time such as sideshow when he knocked us out of the CL. actually struggling to think of a bad reception I am sure there must have been but really life is too short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VxQ3D9V3_Hk

Barton and Savage both saying Stones should move on.

Savage even goes as far as to suggest he do everything in his power to move as Chelsea may look elsewhere in January or next summer.

• Advertisement

Not heard a lot of pretend outrage regarding this

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-34089370

gosplan wrote: »

Did you watch the video or did someone read out the title for you? Suggest you watch it.

I do agree that generally speaking aside from a certain minority the reception past players get is normally positive but can you honestly believe that if say Hazard put in a transfer request to go to Barcelona after Barca were told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't for sale that he wouldn't suffer a larger backlash from the fans than the usual minority?
    We're fortunate enough to not be a "selling club" so we don't get players handing in transfer requests all that often but it must be frustrating when you're better players are constantly wanting to jump ship to more successful clubs.

Barton and Savage both saying Stones should move on.

Savage even goes as far as to suggest he do everything in his power to move as Chelsea may look elsewhere in January or next summer.

It is pretty tough for him obviously he does not want to be at Everton, but he is under contract and they have every right to his services. It is a shame we let Kalas and Christensen go as we could have offered them on loan, someone at the Bridge really has dropped the ball this window it really has been a shambles.

It is pretty tough for him obviously he does not want to be at Everton, but he is under contract and they have every right to his services. It is a shame we let Kalas and Christensen go as we could have offered them on loan, someone at the Bridge really has dropped the ball this window it really has been a shambles.

Since we got rahman and Pedro I'd say our transfer window wasn't too bad

• Advertisement

I do agree that generally speaking aside from a certain minority the reception past players get is normally positive but can you honestly believe that if say Hazard put in a transfer request to go to Barcelona after Barca were told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't for sale that he wouldn't suffer a larger backlash from the fans than the usual minority?
    We're fortunate enough to not be a "selling club" so we don't get players handing in transfer requests all that often but it must be frustrating when you're better players are constantly wanting to jump ship to more successful clubs.

It is difficult to say but I certainly can see your point and absolutely it is valid. IF we are winning things (and by that I mean the PL regularly and the CL with some form of frequency) then there would be little for him to gain other than a different life experience so would he? If we are not challenging you can be assured he will be gone by the end of his contract.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Since we got rahman and Pedro I'd say our transfer window wasn't too bad

Yea but last season we got our business done early, we knew Petr was off and allowed ourselves to be bent over a barrel by Stoke to sign Begovic. We allowed Luis, Kalas and Christensen to move and we are only signing replacements two weeks into the season, we started the season with 5 front line defenders. Pedro was available all summer but we had to gazump United.

It may end up a good window but for me it is a shambles.

Begovic, Falcao, Rahman and Pedro is good business for me.

Stones would make it excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why was Robben sold to Madrid in 2007 ? With all the talk of Stones, it reminded of that transfer. Did he request a transfer or were we happy to see him go, even if he improved one of the best teams

Why was Robben sold to Madrid in 2007 ? With all the talk of Stones, it reminded of that transfer. Did he request a transfer or were we happy to see him go, even if he improved one of the best teams

Think Jose wanted rid of him due to his injury record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Think Jose wanted rid of him due to his injury record.

he was proven right for 2/3 years I suppose

the last one I remember throwing a strop to get a move was Gallas and he like Robben wouldnt be held in the same high regard as Drogba Lampard Mata or even sideshow bob.

This is handy

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2015/08/28/spurs-to-make-4900-mile-trip-three-days-before-chelsea-game/?

Spurs have to make a 4900 mile round trip before they play us. Wonder if they will be trying, with a CL place at stake for EL winners they really should

the last one I remember throwing a strop to get a move was Gallas and he like Robben wouldnt be held in the same high regard as Drogba Lampard Mata or even sideshow bob.

Always liked Robben, made of glass but some player

This is handy

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2015/08/28/spurs-to-make-4900-mile-trip-three-days-before-chelsea-game/?

Spurs have to make a 4900 mile round trip before they play us. Wonder if they will be trying, with a CL place at stake for EL winners they really should

Thats some trek :eek:

Although with our away UCL trips weve a fair amount of miles to cover too.

• Advertisement

Oops

MTMyNjM1NTQwNjk5ODAzNjE4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »

Yea stuck that link up a while back and still waiting for the pretend outrage.

Haters just gotta hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

More gob****es, fingers crossed there's enough cctv to get them prosecuted.

Yea stuck that link up a while back and still waiting for the pretend outrage.

Haters just gotta hate

I wonder how big the media outcry will be?
    My bet is it'll be nothing like the hammering we got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34092354

Great that those moral ethical lads at FIFA will discuss this ....

Eva Carneiro: Mourinho treatment of Chelsea doctor on Fifa agenda

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's treatment of team doctor Eva Carneiro is to be discussed by world governing body Fifa.

Carneiro's role was reduced after she and head physio Jon Fearn went on the pitch to treat Eden Hazard in the first game of the season against Swansea.
    ... WAFFLE WAFFLE WAFFLE CHELSEA HATE CHELSEA HATE CHELSEA HATE ......

We all know its only chelsea fans that are racist.

Any news on the team selection

Robbed from post in FSA forum.

Team v Palace: Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Crystal Palace team: McCarthy, Ward, Dann, Delaney (c), Souare, McArthur, Cabaye, Zaha, Puncheon, Sako, Wickham. #CFC

• Advertisement

Is oscar still injured

Zaha vs Ivan.
    lord

I'd say we could be fighting for fourth place come the end of the season

Willian and fab really have us on the back foot with the amount of possession they're wasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

All Palace's chances come down the left. Can't believe Ivan still hasn't been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Oops

MTMyNjM1NTQwNjk5ODAzNjE4.jpg
    Is that david moyes with the sunglasses

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    All Palace's chances come down the left. Can't believe Ivan still hasn't been dropped.

I think the fact rahman isn't even in the bench means it'll be a couple more weeks still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

hots wrote: »
    I think the fact rahman isn't even in the bench means it'll be a couple more weeks still.

He is I thought.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lukker- wrote: »
    He is I thought.

Ye he's on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ivanovic is ****ing awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What's that smell ??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement