Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not playing at a crucial age is even worse

I'm not in favour of sending so many players abroad to different leagues. Even if Chalobah is a success, it's in a different league with a different intensity and style of play. Same for all the Vitesse players and the like Pasalic, as well as Kalas and Piazon last year. Playing in the premier league is the best thing for them, that's what I'd have high hopes for Van Ginkel for next year, and had high hopes for Bamford but he's only had 11 minutes in 3 games

Bamford started for Palace in the league cup.

I'm not against foreign loans, as long as they are getting minutes I see no problem with learning new traits along the way. Every league has it's strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

City have an awful UCL group. You'd have to expect they'd drop some points in corresponding the EPL fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

To win the league i'd say a run of 10+ consecutive victories is needed at some stage in the season.
    With the options City have now, I reckon they'll hit the 90 point mark.

Big enough claim but that's where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    To win the league i'd say a run of 10+ consecutive victories is needed at some stage in the season.
    With the options City have now, I reckon they'll hit the 90 point mark.

Big enough claim but that's where it's at.

They're looking strong but they always lose form for a while. Hopefully Europe is enough of a distraction.

Apparently we get a substantial sell on fee for De Bruyne. Comes from John Cross who has been fairly spot on all summer.

Reports in France say we are after Laporte. His buy-out is probably close to what we would have paid for Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lukker- wrote: »
    Apparently we get a substantial sell on fee for De Bruyne. Comes from John Cross who has been fairly spot on all summer.

Reports in France say we are after Laporte. His buy-out is probably close to what we would have paid for Stones.

I'm surprised, given that the club has been linked with every other centre back whose ever played football, that there's been no links yet to Jose Maria Gimenez. Granted its practically impossible that Atletico will sell him given the timing of a move now and because he is Atletico's starting centre back since Miranda moved but, for me, he's the best young centre back around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm surprised, given that the club has been linked with every other centre back whose ever played football, that there's been no links yet to Jose Maria Gimenez. Granted its practically impossible that Atletico will sell him given the timing of a move now and because he is Atletico's starting centre back since Miranda moved but, for me, he's the best young centre back around.

apparently the rumour now is 5 million for some guy called Djilobodji

Chelsea are in talks with Nantes over a surprise move for their highly-rated centre-back Papy Djilobodji as Jose Mourinho looks to strengthen his defence before the window closes on Tuesday, according to the Daily Star.

The Blues boss is believed to be on the look-out for another defender following their disastrous start to the new Premier League season that’s seen them take just four points from their opening four games to leave them trailing leaders Manchester Cityicon1.png by eight points.
    Everton’s John Stones has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in recent weeks but with Roberto Martinez determined to keep hold of the England youngster it appears Mourinho has been forced to look at alternatives.
    And it looks like the Portuguese coach may have a surprise target in mind as the Daily Star claim Chelsea have now opened talks with Nantes over a potential deal for Papy Djilobodji.
    The Senegal international has been a mainstay at the heart of the Nantes defence since joining the club in 2010 and has developed into a fine central defender over the past few years.
    His impressiveicon1.png form has led to interest from abroad but it looks like Chelsea could now be ready to pull off a shock transfer with the Daily Star suggesting Djilobodji could be available for a bargain £5m as he’s out of contract next summer.
    The 26-year-old would no doubt jump at the chance of joining a club like Chelsea if they could get a deal agreed with Nantes and his agent confirmed earlier this month that Djilobodji is keen to test himself in the Premier League.
    “Papy has been doing wonders in France and he now he wants to try his luck in England,” Djilobodji’s UK representative Chris Nathaniel is quoted as saying by the Daily Star
    “He is now looking for a new challenge and he feels the Premier League is the place for him to do that.”
    I’m sure Chelsea fans were hoping for a more established name to join the club this summer but it looks like Mourinho may be forced to take a risk at this late stage in the window.

Time is running out and with Everton refusing to do business for Stones, the Blues are going to have to act fast to secure another target and Djilobodji has been excellent for Nantes in Ligue 1 over the past two seasons.
    I doubt he’ll be able to force his way past the likes of John Terryicon1.png, Gary Cahill or Kurt Zouma this season but he’d provide solid back-up in defence and has the ability to develop his game even further before eventually pushing for a first team spot.
    Let’s see how things develop over the coming hours but I think Djilobodji could end up being a shrewd purchase by Chelsea if they manage to secure a deal before the window closes on Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

At this stage, with about 30hours left in the transfer window I'd be surprised if we have any incoming transfer.

Seen a tweet from a journo last night that because our business is done with FFP in mind we've been left standing still.

UEFAs stance on FFP hasnt been clear since Platini said it could be relaxed, we've missed a serious trick this window while City have decided to go full hog and spend mad money on two players alone.

Probably wont be next summer until we venture into the market for a big transfer.

• Advertisement

3.5 million euros 4 year deal Papy Djilobodji to Chelsea #

seems a done deal

seems a done deal

I really hope thats not our only incoming transfer in the next day and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

seems a done deal

Azpilicueta will be pleased his surname is no longer the hardest to pronounce in the squad.

Sell on fee for De Bruyne.

Chelsea have received 20% (£12m) of the fee from the De Bruyne deal, bringing the sale of him up to £30m for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At this stage, with about 30hours left in the transfer window I'd be surprised if we have any incoming transfer.

11 pm tonight for italy

Sell on fee for De Bruyne.

Chelsea have received 20% (£12m) of the fee from the De Bruyne deal, bringing the sale of him up to £30m for Chelsea.

I heard 10%, either way thats a good chunk from that deal thanks De Bruyne.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    11 pm tonight for italy

Wont matter we wont be signing anyone from Italy :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I seen that last night. Martinez is great craic. The game at Goodison after the international break is going to be heated to say the least.

Signing this dude frm Nantes also makes zero sense. Weve 3 good defenders out on loan but we're signing him for 4 years? I dont care if its for about 2.7m its a waste of a squad space IMO. Id have prefered to kept any one of the 3 we loaned than go after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Football is broken..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Signing this dude frm Nantes also makes zero sense. Weve 3 good defenders out on loan but we're signing him for 4 years? I dont care if its for about 2.7m its a waste of a squad space IMO. Id have prefered to kept any one of the 3 we loaned than go after him.

Exactly. Fockin stupid to let a few of the youths go

I've no problem with this, leaves the door open for Stones in Jan or next summer while adding some much needed cover and experience in defence for a nominal fee.

I hope this isn't our only signing but it looks that way.

Jose hinted in his latest interview that we'll be seeing a lot more of Zouma, RLC and Kenedy (young eggs)

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/mourinho--ready-to-react.html

Nantes representative Franck Kita has confirmed an agreement with Chelsea for the transfer of Papy Djliobodji http://j.mp/DeadlineDay2015

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

WAGNH have an interesting slant on the Nantes chappie Papy

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2015/8/31/9231433/chelsea-fc-papy-djilobodji-transfer-fee

Would have preferred to give Kalas a run myself but lets use this rational

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    anyone know much about French football?is he any good?

Nantes are a pretty defensive team and he is probably their best player. He's 6"4, good on the ball, fast and a very good tackler. Can be a bit rash at times. Lots of comparisons to Zouma. He's 26 and can be got on the cheap and he's way ahead of any defender we have out on loan.

I'm pretty happy with a pure depth signing. At that cost it's a great way to free up Zouma to being locked into the #3CB role. Means potentially more pressure on Ivan and the 2nd CM position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hots wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy with a pure depth signing. At that cost it's a great way to free up Zouma to being locked into the #3CB #2CB role. Means potentially more pressure on Ivan and the 2nd CM position.

FYP

In all seriousness, Cahill's been okay this season so far, but okay is his level most of the time

FYP

In all seriousness, Cahill's been okay this season so far, but okay is his level most of the time

He's one of the few I actually wouldn't level any criticism at, he's been decent this season imo.

Moses apparently off to west ham on loan.
    He'd a good pre season didn't he, wonder what's gone on with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Panthro wrote: »
    Moses apparently off to west ham on loan.
    He'd a good pre season didn't he, wonder what's gone on with him.

Pedro ?

hots wrote: »
    He's one of the few I actually wouldn't level any criticism at, he's been decent this season imo.

I agree, Azp, Zouma, Courtois and Cahill have been our only consistent performers and I think any criticism of Cahill has been because of past mistakes. Oscar also hasn't done anything wrong really aside from be injured when we really needed him.

greendom wrote: »
    Pedro ?

Moses hasn't even made the bench bar one game i think it was.

Moses hasn't even made the bench bar one game i think it was.

He was injured for 2 games. I'd imagine he was looking at game time before Pedro was signed and then probably requested the loan.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He was injured for 2 games. I'd imagine he was looking at game time before Pedro was signed and then probably requested the loan.

Ahh! Didn't know he was injured

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Apparently Moses will sign a contract expension with us then off to West Ham, a bit like Romeu last season.

Lol, someone hacked wiki I think!

Papiss Mbouba Mbwiwa Abu Fuongo Baba Mison Djilobodji (born 1 December 1988 in Kaolack) is a Senegalese football player, who plays for english club Chelsea.[1]

https://en.wikipedia...Papy_Djilobodji

And info from WAGNH

Most Chelsea fans expected to see the Blues add another center back before the transfer window closed, but I doubt you'd find anyone who expected that addition to be Nantes' Papy Djilobodji. If The Guardian is to be believed, however, it sound like he'll be coming very, very cheap, for a transfer fee of just £2.7 million.

That fee might give us a bit of insight into Chelsea's long-term thinking, following such a surprising move. Jose Mourinho obviously feels that the squad needs reinforcement that could contribute right now, and at 26-years old, Djilobodji should just be reaching the prime years of his career. As long as he adapts, he should be useful depth behind John Terry, Kurt Zouma, and Gary Cahill, and has the sort of athleticism to push the trio as well, if everything goes according to plan.

More importantly, however, is that Djilobodji isn't a major financial commitment, and shouldn't prevent Chelsea from going back in on targets such as John Stones, Raphael Varane, and Aymeric Laporte a year form now. Unlike players such as Aymen Abdennour and Ezequiel Garay, the Senegalese international should be easy to move should the Blues so desire, either on loan, or for a profit, hopefully leading to Roberto Martinez answering questions about Chelsea and John Stones for the entire Premier League season.

While it was certainly shocking to see the Blues wind up linked so heavily to this particular target this morning, the more I think about it, the more it seems like a stop gap before they make another heavy push for Stones in 2016. That, I can live with.

Ahh! Didn't know he was injured

yes he was twittering as fans were asking about him

Thanks for all of your support and concern, I'm having treatment on a small injury but hopefully will be back very soon! #CFCcfc.png
    664 retweets 535 favorites

Mourinho said he would have featured if he wasn't injured, was one of the players he could call upon and trust in pre season.

I would've liked to have kept him but we are a little stacked now with Pedro and since Kenedy got a work permit, probably best for all parties, he get's a new most likely bigger deal while Chelsea can maximize any profits made from a sale next season. I reckon he'll fit in at West Ham.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell man utd fans seem to be in meltdown over their new signing

peteeeed wrote: »
    Bloody hell man utd fans seem to be in meltdown over their new signing

Pedro and begovic would have been excellent for utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

There's only one Papy Djilobodji!

Well, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Johner wrote: »
    There's only one Papy Djilobodji!

Well, probably.

Can we call him Rodney, since Azpillicueta is Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Can we call him Rodney, since Azpillicueta is Dave

They retired the nickname Rodney after David Lee left.

Only problem with signing another African defender is now along with Rahman hes gone to the African cup every few years.

• Advertisement

Boga to Rennes too

New pictures of a Stamford Bridge model are online.

Cant link the pictures here as im on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Bounremouth signing Murray from Palace will hopefully see Bamford get more game time.

The De Gea transfer is one of the best transfer stories going at this stage.

We might still have some drama tomorrow even if we wont feature at all. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement