Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Bounremouth signing Murray from Palace will hopefully see Bamford get more game time.

Unless they get Charlie Austin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The De Gea transfer is one of the best transfer stories going at this stage.

We might still have some drama tomorrow even if we wont feature at all. :o

man utd didn't update from windows 2007

with pogba now looking unlikely although Italian teams can still sell to the premiership until tonight but can't buy a replacement . will we maybe go for a loan deal for a CM ?

mmmmm

tweet-638622362053664768-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    mmmmm

tweet-638622362053664768-2.jpg

Don't think it'll have much impact on Stones unfortunately, they were so desperate for CBs already. I'm happy enough without Stones this year with Terry Cahill Zouma all battling for a starting spot and Papy Rlgytwerogiywergwelrgwkerbgliwer as a decent experienced backup. No need to break the bank on Stones or anyone else until JT goes now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well we know oscar and ramires are going nowhere and its highly unlikely anybody of note is coming in so this squad has to retain the title and make up serious ground on city.

the loan list as of this morning 28

Mohamed Salah (Roma), Juan Cuadrado (Juventus), Marko Marin (Trabzonspor), Marko van Ginkel (Stoke), Patrick Bamford (Crystal Palace), Nathaniel Chalobah (Napoli) Lucas Piazon (Reading), Jordan Houghton (Gillingham), Christian Atsu (Bournemouth), Wallace (Carpi), Danilo Pantic, Nathan, Dominic Solanke, Lewis Baker, Isaiah Brown (all Vitesse Arnhem), Nathan Ake (Watford), Mario Pasalic (Monaco), Alex Davey (Peterborough), Jeremie Boga (Rennes), Todd Kane (NEC), Tomas Kalas (Middlesbrough), Ulises Davila (Vitoria Setubal), Cristian Cueves and Victorien Angban (both Sint Truiden), Andreas Christensen (Borussia Mochengladbach), Cristian Manea (Mouscron), Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa), Matej Delac (FK Sarajevo).

the loan list as of this morning 28

Mohamed Salah (Roma), Juan Cuadrado (Juventus), Marko Marin (Trabzonspor), Marko van Ginkel (Stoke), Patrick Bamford (Crystal Palace), Nathaniel Chalobah (Napoli) Lucas Piazon (Reading), Jordan Houghton (Gillingham), Christian Atsu (Bournemouth), Wallace (Carpi), Danilo Pantic, Nathan, Dominic Solanke, Lewis Baker, Isaiah Brown (all Vitesse Arnhem), Nathan Ake (Watford), Mario Pasalic (Monaco), Alex Davey (Peterborough), Jeremie Boga (Rennes), Todd Kane (NEC), Tomas Kalas (Middlesbrough), Ulises Davila (Vitoria Setubal), Cristian Cueves and Victorien Angban (both Sint Truiden), Andreas Christensen (Borussia Mochengladbach), Cristian Manea (Mouscron), Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa), Matej Delac (FK Sarajevo).

There's probably only 4/5 of those that have much of a chance of ever coming back. Would be quite happy to see a bit of a cull on some of the ones that have been around for ages and haven't made progress. Marin I'm looking at you.

Moses gone to west ham on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kalas and Christensen should have been kept.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »

Id have kept Kalas anyway. Although will benefit from game time if they get enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's that about? Send him to Liverpool for a year, to Stoke for a year, to West Ham for a year and then give him a four-year contract. Did someone lose a bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

It seems to me as there is a chance Witsel could be on the move, I reckon we should go for him. Good player. Thoughts?

Panthro wrote: »

I'd take a guess and say had we known we weren't going to sign a big CB (stones) then Kalas would have been. Tbh although Zouma looks great he's still very young and learning. I think I'd prefer someone reliable as a 4th choice backup than Kalas or Christensen (both young and lightweight). Now if it turns out that we don't sign this Senegal chap then we definitely should have kept Kalas.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    It seems to me as there is a chance Witsel could be on the move, I reckon we should go for him. Good player. Thoughts?

Yeah with all the other leagues' windows closed there aren't many other places for him to go... At the right price he could be a good option to have. Would actually mean we might not have to play Matic for literally every game all year too.

hots wrote: »
    Yeah with all the other leagues' windows closed there aren't many other places for him to go... At the right price he could be a good option to have. Would actually mean we might not have to play Matic for literally every game all year too.

well all those leagues can sell but not buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

wtf, 4 years! This is a joke. Stock Piling Chelsea (and other top clubs). Are they hoping he'll do well there then flog him off for a decent fee? Or is there genuine reasons for wanting him at the club for a few more years?

well all those leagues can sell but not buy

I meant it means Witsel can't be sold to Serie A as rumoured (think AC, Juve and Napoli maybe were supposed to be after him) , means we've got more of a chance now...

Sky reporting Wanyama won't be going anywhere now, would have liked a cheeky go there tbh, real powerhouse. For once Southampton not having to cashout.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    wtf, 4 years! This is a joke. Stock Piling Chelsea (and other top clubs). Are they hoping he'll do well there then flog him off for a decent fee? Or is there genuine reasons for wanting him at the club for a few more years?

If we didnt sign pedro he'd have a genuine chance of being in every squad and playing games. He was our best player in pre season as hard as that is to believe.

Also, like Romeu last year, signing guys to new deals those mean we have the chance to recoup money from them instead of them leaving for free and thats before we take into account the loan fee and the loaning club paying the wages of these players. Its an excellent business model that im surprised no other clubs have latched onto as much.

If youre a player joining chelsea and youre not 100% going to be kept in the squas youre going to earn big money and still play games elsewhere while being involved in a different culture ( for the guys going abroad) if a player and agent dont like the setup they dont have to sign, its that simple.

Id take Witsel but it would really depend on the price. If it was mad money id happily leave RLC as the backup CM and Mikel as back up DM.

We know Ramires and Mikel are going nowhere unless an English side comes in for either, which they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Papy is official now, or so it seems.

Will we see Happy and Papy together?

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/1/9238375/official-chelsea-sign-nantes-center-back-papy-djilobodji

Don't know if he is any good but at the minute he is certainly better than Ivan.

every year i say i'll not watch that scottish twat jim whyte on SSN and i'm going to again

every year i say i'll not watch that scottish twat jim whyte on SSN and i'm going to again

Is he not missing the deadline day countdown this year as he normally pulls the late night shift or is he on now?

Is he not missing the deadline day countdown this year as he normally pulls the late night shift or is he on now?

is it not 10pm tonight? oh right 6pm , nice one

• Advertisement

is it not 10pm tonight? oh right 6pm , nice one

6pm today. Otherwise wpuld have been 12pm last night but England had a bank holiday yesterday hence the extension to today.

As long as hes 4th choice behind Zpuma i wont be too bothered.

Stones must be somewhat annoyed though, its going to be an anxious few months too see if Chelsea come back for him in January or next summer.

Of all the Everton players to be linked with a move in recent times he must be one of the only ones to hand in a transfer request. Coleman, Baines, Fellaini never did yet Stones did.

Going to make the away trip to Goodison a fiesty affair and I hope we get one over Martinez. Stones transfer saga aside, hes still a guy ive little time for.

We're close to signing Readings Michael hector for 4 million? WTF is going on??

• Advertisement

Ive read that hes 26 and other places say hes 27.

Either way as an option its about 15 times cheaper than Stones.

If Zouma can push Cahill out of the team though thats when ill be happy.

We're close to signing Readings Michael hector for 4 million? WTF is going on??

Who :o

Checked Hectors twitter timeline....this emerged.

Edt : Lemme get the link the emojis are ruining it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Seems ridiculous, the chap has been on 11 loans by the age of 23, why on earth are we signing him when we have tons of talent in the youth/u21 set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Michael Hector played for Dundalk in 2011. Saw him play against Rovers when Dundalk were beaten 2-0 and he was shockingly bad - even for League of Ireland. Gary Twigg made mincemeat of him.

Must have hit the Weetabix pretty hard since then.

Johner wrote: »
    Seems ridiculous, the chap has been on 11 loans by the age of 23, why on earth are we signing him when we have tons of talent in the youth/u21 set up?

One can only assume that its a pisstake or we're trying really hard to stockpile on cheap players to eventually loan out as Papy would be 4th choice and Hector 5th choice. Next year, barring a miracle, both would be puahed down even further with Kalas coming back.

Michael Hector played for Dundalk in 2011. Saw him play against Rovers when Dundalk were beaten 2-0 and he was shockingly bad - even for League of Ireland. Gary Twigg made mincemeat of him.

Must have hit the Weetabix pretty hard since then.

Unless hes found PEDs hes not going to be any use to a side who are meant to be challenging on all fronts. Hes clearly not up to the standard needed.

This is ridiculous, thought we were past the silly transfers ffs.

This is ridiculous, thought we were past the silly transfers ffs.

Papy i can get behind. Hes playing a decent standard in France but Hector would be a strange call. Unless were seriously short on HG players and we're not it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's one hell of a downgrade path for your star centre back signing!

That's one hell of a downgrade path for your star centre back signing!

Its more of a stop gap, an extremly bad stop gap by the looks of it but in the summer with JT going and maybe Ivan too we'll be in the market for a CB again and Id hope we get a deal done for one early in the window. Waiting for weeks is just madness. Everton clearly didnt wanna sell even when stones wanted out so we backed ourselves into a corner.

Thats good news for Izzy :) those 4 out in Holland, I hope they have a good season.

Thats good news for Izzy :) those 4 out in Holland, I hope they have a good season.

Happy for Solanke getting his first goal the other day, hopefully gets a start soon now.

Happy for Solanke getting his first goal the other day, hopefully gets a start soon now.

Its Baker, Solanke, Brown and Nathan out there isnt it?

Its Baker, Solanke, Brown and Nathan out there isnt it?

Yep all four have done well so far, Solanke only getting a handful of minutes but already on the score sheet.

• Advertisement

I reckon signing these guys is just a stockpiling exercise and stop gap incase we have a crisis.

Clarke-salter, kalas, christensen, omerou are all still on the clubs books and at various levels of progression.

Next year we'll go all out for a CB though IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement