Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Looks very distinctive, very different which is great in my book, hopefully it all comes together and happens now.

Yeah I think it looks really cool, the way it kinda sprawls out to make use of the ground it has. Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well we have 17 foreigb slots to hand out and weve included Kenedy and Traore at his expense.

No way I believe Jose wanted him anyway, especially if hes willing to put in 2 foreign youngsters at his expense whem weve only got 6 defenders in the squad as it is and plenty of attacking options.

The only other possible reason for that imo is that he sees some of the group games as a good chance to give RLC, Traore and Kenedy some game time whereas Papy won't benefit from that. He'll only be used in an injury crisis which we could ride out for a couple of games in the CL and add him in before the knockouts if we're looking thin... Grasping a bit but it's the only way to explain carrying 12 midfielders (for 5 spots) and only 6 defenders (for 4 spots).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

peteeeed wrote: »
    new stadium design on show at SB , att 60,000

I like it as an icon, but tbh would hate it if I lived nearby. I can foresee planning appeals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

not impressed with that at all. Looks a bit of a carbuncle to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

abelard wrote: »
    I like it as an icon, but tbh would hate it if I lived nearby. I can foresee planning appeals.

I could foresee planning appeals whatever it looked like, just because of the part of London its in. Impossible to have the identikit bowl stadia on the plot they have anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I love the stadium. Its probably the only design available to us to make use of every possible square inch of land. This study has been gone on since basically the first day Roman cane here so short of moving for good to another site this is the best alternative and i like it. Its different to your usual bowl stadiums around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think it is innovative and quite unique which we seem to have been going for all along. It is a shame in a way we did not get the power station as that would have been superb. As a design it is quite bold it looks like quite a lot of the light will be kept inside the stadium when the floodlights are on for evening matches - I would say light pollution would be a big thing in our neck of the woods. Digging down so as not to raise the height profile and the significantly improved access and egress to the tube station are all features to bring locals on board, there will of course be objections but it is quite clear there has been significant thought put into this and I would say a lot of local canvassing as well.

I have seen Stamford Bridge change significantly in my time from the rickety North stand and dog track but fantastic shed end, severe decay complete with toilets you really needed welly boots to wade through, through Cuddly Ken's electric fences to the stadium it is now. This is just a further evolution some people will love it some will loath it but I think in general this will be iconic and something Chelsea supporters will love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I could foresee planning appeals whatever it looked like, just because of the part of London its in. Impossible to have the identikit bowl stadia on the plot they have anyway.

I don't like the " identikit bowl's " as you put it and I love the current Stamford bridge so I'm more than pleased with this, it seems to keep the same basic internal layout and if I'm not mistaken the original west stand is to be retained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

They will have to use transparent roofing so that the grass will be able to grow with that enclosed open roof, Wembley ,Amsterdam arena and sold Trafford pitches suffered from lack of natural light . That lot were laying new pitches every year because the grass couldn't develop properly ,indeed ajax had to get Phillips to manufacture special ultra violet lighting rigs installed in the stadium to encourage the grass growing. The fact Ajax had to get Phillips ,PSV eindhoven's sponsor to the work wasn't forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

On that point, wasn't Nani caught trying to get a tan under the UV lights used on Old Trafford's pitch?

Most teams will have UV lights for turf regeneration anyway. Usually wheeled out after games.

Our pitch AFAIK is weaved with a special synethic grads to ensure it doesnt degrade so quickly. Open to correction on that though.

Id say we will however have transparent panels in the roof structure as it will look better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'm not sure if u like the look of that new stadium. It would probably grow on me tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Juan-Cuadrado.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if u like the look of that new stadium. It would probably grow on me tho
    + 1. I can't seem to decide if I like it yet or not.
    Jury is still out on the look and shape of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hazard scores a penalty for Belgium. Anyone been watching? How's he done?

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Hazard scores a penalty for Belgium. Anyone been watching? How's he done?

Dont know about Belgium but Holland look f**ked.

Taste of next years action. Pogba and Zouma.

https://instagram.com/p/7L4Q0iN-DO/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Don't really like the look of that new stadium, looking down on it, it looks like a manhole!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

It looks a bird cage or a chimney cowling to me. I saw on the mirror Web site close up detail pictures looks like the outside will be clad in a poxy yellow brick finish .Que the yellow brick road jokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Heaps of tickets in every section available for Maccabi all appear to be £35, shows people only take interest in that competition outside the group stage and then probs people pay £50+ to see a prem game v Norwich for example a comp that our interest is draining by the week.

• Advertisement

Heaps of tickets in every section available for Maccabi all appear to be £35, shows people only take interest in that competition outside the group stage and then probs people pay £50+ to see a prem game v Norwich for example a comp that our interest is draining by the week.
    Yeah I logged on this morning to do a dry run because I'm trying to get four for Kiev, I like the group stage matches for the champions league and less stress involved with tickets.

This threads gone very quite

rottie 11 wrote: »
    This threads gone very quite

International break :(

kev1.3s wrote: »
    International break :(

I know ya. Can't wait for everton next weekend

Costa, Pedro and Fabregas starting for Spain.

Fab definitely needs the match fitness.

It's on SS5 if anyone if anyone wants to watch it.

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's on SS5 if anyone if anyone wants to watch it.

Lovely goal, great from Silva.

Fabregas and Costa have been pretty poor so far, Silva is running the show.

Penalty, looked a dive from Costa.

• Advertisement

That's a dive.

Fab seems a bit lost so high up the pitch. Seems to see the game better from deeper.

Oscar was back in training today.

Wilmots blasted Hazards performance last night and TBH he was right too, Hazard was nowhere in the game.

Granted he won them the game but that doesnt tell ya the whole story.

Didn't see the game but that's not surprising, Hazard has had a really poor start to the season, it seems most of our players have continued their early league form into the internationals.

Wilmots blasted Hazards performance last night and TBH he was right too, Hazard was nowhere in the game.

Granted he won them the game but that doesnt tell ya the whole story.

Yeah I heard he was slated again. Tbh that whole Belgium team is as bad as the England national team a few years back, great 11 but terrible team. Don't think internationals will be the thing that kickstarts Haz's season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Good thing is another 2 games under the belt and we didn't drop points have to win at the weekend it is that simple really.

Everton at Goodison is always a daunting game. Dropping more points this weekend is unacceptable too.

Weve simply got to start racking up wins if we want to be pushing City for the title. 8pts behind after 4 games is nowhere near where this squad should be but here we are. At his to turn around and it has to be sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Usually its a ground Chelsea lose points at, allthough last season was a nice trip there indeed, 6-3 winners - love to see that again !!

• Advertisement

Usually its a ground Chelsea lose points at, allthough last season was a nice trip there indeed, 6-3 winners - love to see that again !!

I'd take any win at this stage to get back on track.

Did JT get a 1 game ban that time? Assuming Jise plays him against Lukaku.

I'd be more confident if we played with Zouma next to JT anyway as hes got all the ability to put it up to Lukaku.

I'd take any win at this stage to get back on track.

Did JT get a 1 game ban that time? Assuming Jise plays him against Lukaku.

I'd be more confident if we played with Zouma next to JT anyway as hes got all the ability to put it up to Lukaku.

I'd actually be surprised if Zouma didn't play. Lukaku/Benteke are the prime example of lone strikers where he has the perfect skillset to negate them. Not sure if I'd want Terry or Cahill beside him tbh, Everton aren't /that/ pacy through the middle so we should be fine with either. If Jose is feeling ballsy and is giving Baba a go then JT has to start to give the defense some solidity/leadership.

Also... international breaks really are the worst.

hots wrote: »
    I'd actually be surprised if Zouma didn't play. Lukaku/Benteke are the prime example of lone strikers where he has the perfect skillset to negate them. Not sure if I'd want Terry or Cahill beside him tbh, Everton aren't /that/ pacy through the middle so we should be fine with either. If Jose is feeling ballsy and is giving Baba a go then JT has to start to give the defense some solidity/leadership.

Also... international breaks really are the worst.

Id be looking at something like this

Courtois
    Azp Zouma/Cahill JT Baba
    Matic Cesc/Zouma
    Pedro Willian Hazard
    Costa

I'd drop Ivan altogether, I dont think Oscar will be fit enough to start anyway and I'd play Zouma at CB or as a destroyer.

The big call will be if Ivan keeps his place, I really dont think he can but you could say the same about 8 or 9 of the starting XI.

For me, only Courtois, Azp and Pedro have looked good in the games theyve played. Everyone else has been well below their best or in some cases utterly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'm afraid that we're going to see Ivanovic. Jose seems to have this loyalty to him, enough that he didn't even consider giving Filipe Luis a chance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I'd love to see zouma next to matic, cesc is a liability we can do without at goodison. Start baba and asp. I'd like to see hazard as the number 10 with falcao up front.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'm afraid that we're going to see Ivanovic. Jose seems to have this loyalty to him, enough that he didn't even consider giving Filipe Luis a chance there.

The guy has only 9/10months left on his current deal, theres no hope hes going to be even considered for an extension at this rate, which wil pave4 the way for Azp and Rahman at FB. Although, Kenedy was pretty decent when he came on against Palace too, wasnt afraid to try things and commit people.
    I'd love to see zouma next to matic, cesc is a liability we can do without at goodison. Start baba and asp. I'd like to see hazard as the number 10 with falcao up front.

Its something I reckon Jose will consider, if Zouma can shadow Lukaku and stop balls getting in and around him it will be a good screen for the CB's.

Lukaku is much better at driving at people and spinning in behind than he is at holding up the ball and laying it off so Zouma would have a tricky enough job but hes better equipped to do it then Mikel, Cesc or Ramires.

• Advertisement

Zouma in midfield is definitely a possibility now we have another cb for the bench... I'd say Fab @ #10 is likely though if Zouma plays.

Although, Kenedy was pretty decent when he came on against Palace too, wasnt afraid to try things and commit people.

Has Kenedy played LB before does anyone know? Found that such a weird sub both on an off the other day.

hots wrote: »
    Has Kenedy played LB before does anyone know? Found that such a weird sub both on an off the other day.

Nah Jose said he wanted am attacking option and asked him to do a job. It should have been ivanovic off that day though not azp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Nah Jose said he wanted am attacking option and asked him to do a job. It should have been ivanovic off that day though not azp

Seem to remember him bringing duff in to play left back once when we were chasing a game back in his first reign and it worked

As bad as Ireland were in the last two games I'd take those type of performances from Chelsea if we won our next 2 games :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement