Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As bad as Ireland were in the last two games I'd take those type of performances from Chelsea if we won our next 2 games :pac:

I'd take a couple of jammy 1-0 OG wins please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    I'd take a couple of jammy 1-0 OG wins please!

I thought we were on at 5.30 on Saturday actually. I assumed Utd v Pool would have been the early k/o and we'd on later.

Anyway, Stones with the winner on Saturday, Chelsea 2-1 Everton.

Stones with the OG ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Nothing worse then us losing at 12:45 on a Saturday. Puts me in bad form all weekend.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Nothing worse then us losing at 12:45 on a Saturday. Puts me in bad form all weekend.

City have Palace away this weekend, a win for us and City dropping points would at least slow them down a small bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Could happen, a nice 0-0 between city and palace please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Could happen, a nice 0-0 between city and palace please :)

Palace are at home, they're a good side who'll be pushing for the top half this year. I wouldn't expect them to beat City, or even draw with them, but wouldn't be surprised if they got a result

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Palace are usually better away from home but hopefully they can get something from the game.

Willian was meant to have a good game for Brazil last night, didnt see any of the highlights or anything but with him and potentially Oscar and maybe Cesc looking to be a #10 in this side we need one of them to perform in that position.

Hell, anyone playing well and having a positive effect on the side would do me right now. :o

Kenedy was talking about next summers Olympics and hoping to be invovled in the Brazilian squad that will take part.

Says Jose is the best coach in the world and that he has to work hard everyday.

All positive things really. Hope he gets minutes this year as he was impressive against Barca and Fiorentina and done well against Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    Kenedy was talking about next summers Olympics and hoping to be invovled in the Brazilian squad that will take part.

Hope he stays out of that, did Oscar no long term favours

• Advertisement

Hope he stays out of that, did Oscar no long term favours

Neymar done ok out of it :pac:

One of the FAs top brass said theyre open to the idea of teams using Wembley, if needed. He doesnt mention anyone by name but it does open up the possibility that Chelsea and Spurs could both use Wembley as we both look to redevelop our current grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

COaFPYVUYAIK0-J.jpg

Most of the squad should be back training today. Goodison will be no cake walk but we seriously have to start racking up wins or else we'll just end up coasting along and trying our best in Europe and the domestic cups.

Most of the squad should be back training today. Goodison will be no cake walk but we seriously have to start racking up wins or else we'll just end up coasting along and trying our best in Europe and the domestic cups.

Yeah it's got the importance of a top 4 game now, really need a result. Expecting Zouma to play at the back and Ivan to somehow keep his spot again I think. Unless Deulofeu gets a game Everton aren't actually that pacy on the wing and going up against the likes of Mirallas might suit Ivan more where there's more of a physical battle. Could see Barkely drifting out wide to put pressure too maybe.

Courtois has suffered a knee injury in training, extent of the injury unknown so far.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Courtois has suffered a knee injury in training, extent of the injury unknown so far.

https://twitter.com/sjstandardsport/status/641909682173517824

peteeeed wrote: »

ffs, that'll be a tough day at the office for Begovic anyway, Lukaku in the air and a few testy Barkley long shots -_-

After Begovics show at the Etihad I wouldnt be too worried if he does play on Saturday.

We bought him and not someone like Green for exactly this reason, hes good enough to fill in for Courtois when needed and not just there to make up the numbers.

• Advertisement

One thing I do want to see on Saturday is Kenedy to get some game time, I'd prefer if it was to come when we're out of sight of Everton but the guy plays wiht no fear and his style of play seems to suit the EPL.

I hope he goes from strength to strength with us as he certainly has raw ability to be a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He looked like a weapon in his cameo appearance in the last game

Panthro wrote: »
    He looked like a weapon in his cameo appearance in the last game

He looked very confident. Id even like to see how he dealt with starting but apart from dropping willian and moving Hazard to #10 I cant see him starting.

Unless Jose wanted to throw a swerve ball and start him at FB and move Azp to RB but thats only going happen if Rahman comes into the side IMO, which probably wont happen.

Alot of people reporting Courtois wont make the game Saturday. Its a blow but ive confidence in Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Begovic has always been one of the better keepers in the PL, whilst I think Tbo is better he is not orders of magnitude better so very little lost there for me. He said when he came he was not settling for #2 he wants to be #1 and he did nowt wrong against City thats for certain. Now apart from his squad number being 1 if he keeps putting it up to Tbo could be a difficult decision for TSHO.

I have no idea why but I actually expect a comfortable win on Saturday, Everton are no mugs, Goodison a difficult place to go and our form has been dire but strangely I think we will turn it around on Saturday. Nothing like blind faith I suppose. I really hope Ivan does not play in fact I would like to see him out of the squad altogether for the time being. Two minds about Cesc needs to pick it up thats for sure.

Begovic has always been one of the better keepers in the PL, whilst I think Tbo is better he is not orders of magnitude better so very little lost there for me. He said when he came he was not settling for #2 he wants to be #1 and he did nowt wrong against City thats for certain. Now apart from his squad number being 1 if he keeps putting it up to Tbo could be a difficult decision for TSHO.

I have no idea why but I actually expect a comfortable win on Saturday, Everton are no mugs, Goodison a difficult place to go and our form has been dire but strangely I think we will turn it around on Saturday. Nothing like blind faith I suppose. I really hope Ivan does not play in fact I would like to see him out of the squad altogether for the time being. Two minds about Cesc needs to pick it up thats for sure.

I cant se Ivan being dropped altogether but theres certainly scope to play Zouma in either the RB, CB or CDM position for any one of Ivan, Cahill/JT or Cesc.

It being Goodison I dont think Rahman will make his debut, not from the start anyway but the guy is clearly good enough to start, the nly issue is Goodison is usually an intense game so maybe Jose will go with the tried and trusted.

I hope he changes it up but I'm very skeptical, dont think we'll win easy either, its the 1st game back after international break and its usually a chance for clubs to catch out those squads with large % of their players away on internationals, Everton have their share of internationals too though so it should be an interesting one.

Win and it sets us up nicely and hopefully on the path to a few results, performances is secondary as long as we win with City pulling away.

• Advertisement

The thing is Gav The tried and trusted have been tried and can't be trusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Think Einstein

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

We really need to shake up our RHS it is way too porous

The thing is Gav The tried and trusted have been tried and can't be trusted!

Oh I agree with ya, for the opening 4 league games not many players have covered themselves in glory.

We've left in the 2nd highest amount of league goals, only Sunderland have a worse defensive record.

Tbo got sent off and Swansea scored a penalty although he did save a penalty againt WBa that eventually won us 3 pts. Begovis has been unlucky, hes left in 4 goals in about 130mins but hes been excellent when played in the Swansea and City games.

Azp, maybe can be blamed for Palaces 2nd as their RB ended up knocking in a goal but it all came from Ivans terrible defending to begin with.
    Cahill, again, hard to pin blame on him directly although hes not had a good start, was terrible at the Etihad.
    JT, got sent off against WBA and we shipped a goal a few mins later, was terrible at the Etihad and whipped off for Zouma.
    Zouma, decent start by Zouma, I'd prefer him next to JT all day.
    Ivan, the less said the better, at least 6 of the 9 goals we've left in have either come from his mistakes or his lack of defending on his flank, any joy teams have against us comes from there.

While not directly involved we also have to acknowledge the two in front of the back 4, MAtic and Cesc have been pants too.

As I said, its hard to praise anyone in reality but we've got enough about us to turn it around but it has to start ASAP, I'm not pushed about the performance as long as we get the results, it seems right now we cant even park the bus so an attacking mindset is probably the best to adopt as we've got the players to blow teams away but they really have to start firing on all cylinders or our game of catch up will turn into a fight for who finishes highest behind City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I am pushed about the performance, and I want a win. :eek:

cadaliac wrote: »
    I am pushed about the performance, and I want a win. :eek:

1-0 Chelsea win, Stones OG, Martinez to go mental.

A good Saturday.

• Advertisement

1-0 Chelsea win, Stones OG, Martinez to go mental.

A good Saturday.

That'll do nicely, the performance would be nice to build momentum but the 3 points are the only thing that matters, need to get back pointing in the right direction.

hots wrote: »
    That'll do nicely, the performance would be nice to build momentum but the 3 points are the only thing that matters, need to get back pointing in the right direction.

Everton are a tasty 3/1 to win at home with PP. Anyone looking to ease some pain, it wouldnt be a bad punt. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I love it.
    It's a fortress.
    We need a fortress.

I love it.
    It's a fortress.
    We need a fortress.

I really like the 'brickishness' of it too, not all glass/metallic/plastic. It's a really substantial building that hopefully will add to the area too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I know everton away will be a tough game but I'm confident of a win tbh. A draw is no good we really need a few wins in a row at this stage.

Id play zouma in midfield with matic. Drop Ivan for rahman. And drop cesc, have either willian or oscar in cam. I'd be tempted to start Falcao aswell tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Tbo has been unlucky with injuries since he got here.

It's certainly not the worst, Asmir is a fine GK and this is exactly the reason he was signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

zarquon wrote: »

Wouldn't put too much stock in that article anyway....it basically just says that they couldn't get a precise estimate on the injury due to the swelling - and offers no real update on that situation. Betting it'll only be more like 2 or 3 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Even if Tbo is out, I really do have full faith in Begovic. Think he's a quality keeper.

Is it too far to say this Saturday is a must win? Tough fixture, a win would be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I know everton away will be a tough game but I'm confident of a win tbh. A draw is no good we really need a few wins in a row at this stage.

Id play zouma in midfield with matic. Drop Ivan for rahman. And drop cesc, have either willian or oscar in cam.

Completly agree with above, maybe even throw Mikel in there beside Matic and play Zouma beside JT.

Still dont know what to make of the new stadium plans, suppose it will look better once built...............hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

what a day wrote: »
    Completly agree with above, maybe even throw Mikel in there beside Matic and play Zouma beside JT.

Still dont know what to make of the new stadium plans, suppose it will look better once built...............hopefully.

I'd even consider playing RLC next to matic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I have no worries about Begovic getting a run in the side. I was very impressed with how he did when he came on against Swansea, especially with how confident he seemed at organising the defence. Very encouraging to see.

so lots of reports that courtois underwent keyhole surgery on his knee yesterday in barcelona and will be out for 2 to 4 months

so lots of reports that courtois underwent keyhole surgery on his knee yesterday in barcelona and will be out for 2 to 4 months

Didnt he only limp out of training yesterday? Thats a serious turn around time for a knee injury, I'd assume theyed leave the swelling die down before make any decision.

Unless its an injury he was carrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Begovic will be earning his keep this season....

cadaliac wrote: »
    Begovic will be earning his keep this season....

He can start by keeping a clean sheet tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Press conference starting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jose: 'Thibaut Courtois was injured in a training session, he needs surgery on his right knee and he will be out for quite a long time.'

Not great, Begovic is more than capable but still a blow.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Jose: 'Thibaut Courtois was injured in a training session, he needs surgery on his right knee and he will be out for quite a long time.'

Not great, Begovic is more than capable but still a blow.

F**k sake. After the strat to the season thats one of the last thing we need.

Courtois was playing well too but Ive got confidence in Begovic, at least we didnt sign Rob Green.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement