Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

And I wouldn't sack Jose after the next game, but if things don't start taking shape after 10 games I'd consider it.

After 10 games you have to start to question, will this team make the Champions League.

I'm mostly frustrated that there is clear problems in our starting 11 and Mourinho is just unwilling to change anything.

What's the deal with Falcao too? He's been terrible, apart from a well taken header he just isn't up to any sort of decent standard. Remy must be fuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Do you think it might be Carneiro related Gav or would these results have happened either way?

I wonder will he say we deserved at least a draw again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

GavRedKing wrote: »
    All credit must go to everton, they were really good today at the back and took their chances.

Begovic made 2 or 3 good saves where as Howard was a passenger throughout really.

The story of our season is we're not simply doing enough to even match the others intensity and work rate and if youre not doing that, which is the basics, you'll be blown away by even the smaller teams.

We've had a difficult and tricky start with the teams we've faced but I cant say, hand on heart, we were clear;y better than any of the 5 teams we've played so far this year.

We were way too late coming back from pre-season and we had a poor pre-season then also, its dragged into this season and apart from beating WBA this season I think you've to go back to the Palace game in May to the last time we won in 90mins.

Something is seriously wrong and its not just one issue its a combination of a few things all fusing together to cause what is easily the worst start of any manager under Roman, points wise and performance wise.

Have to disagree - we haven't had a difficult or tricky start apart from City away. I don't think it's a combination of things. Jose's fault simple as that. He needs to get his finger out and he knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The only thing that well be good for us is that we've got Macabi Tel Aviv at the Bridge on wednesday.

That should see us return to winning ways but also I hope theres subtle changes to the XI.

I could write a thesis on why I'd drop Ivan but I wont so heres what I'd do, play some of the guys and hope tey get their confidence back but also play guys like Rahman to push Ivan.

So Wednesday for me would be

Begovic
    Azp Cahill JT Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Pedro Oscar Willian
    Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Nothing's going our way so far, so I'm happy at this stage to settle for a transitional season, blooding a lot of the younger players, where we stay in the hunt for a top four place, and run the UCL close. However, if we goof up mid-week against Maccabi, I think we may have evidence of something going very badly wrong. If stuff then starts happening in the dressingroom and key players make noises through their agents, I'm afraid it's out of everyone's hands.

Transition may be accepted, but not a collapse into abject failure. And I doubt Abramovich will tolerate not getting out of a manageable UCL group.

Refusing to blame the players again, saying we dominated etc and were unlucky. I wish he'd just own up and say we are dreadful.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Do you think it might be Carneiro related Gav or would these results have happened either way?

I'd hope not, all that was, was a change in personnel on the bench, it shouldnt effect the players playing ability and unless its gone into their heads that Jose was wrong to move her.

He wont bring her back as hes too stubborn and he'll fall on that particular sword before he ever brings her back.
    Garzorico wrote: »
    Have to disagree - we haven't had a difficult or tricky start apart from City away. I don't think it's a combination of things. Jose's fault simple as that. He needs to get his finger out and he knows it.

Swansea, as has been shown are very good, We've a terrible record away to WBA, City at home are a juggernaut, Palace have the best away record in the league over the last 8 games and everton away again, a hugely difficult game and we've Arsenal next. Thats a very hard start by anyones books.

you can disagree but we've not had a harder start than this in a long time, we'll win games again, we're too good not to but I dont think we'll win the title and thats not exactly sticking my neck out but I think we could easily fall into a battle for the top if we dont start notching up wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dead man walking by sounds of this interview

Lukker- wrote: »
    Refusing to blame the players again, saying we dominated etc and were unlucky. I wish he'd just own up and say we are dreadful.

I hope privately he gives them an absolute hammering.

Lets call it as it is, to a man, we've been terrible in 5 EPL games this year.

Bright points, Pedro and Begovic look good. Thats it, out of a 20 odd man squad, only 2 players playing somewhat well.

• Advertisement

The thing that worrys me is what he says in his post match interviews is borderline delusional. You think, OK, maybe he knows it himself but he's not going to hang the players out to dry in public. But then he persists with the same 11 and you start to wonder does he actually believe some of the nonsense he says post match. Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lukker- wrote: »
    The thing that worrys me is what he says in his post match interviews is borderline delusional. You think, OK, maybe he knows it himself but he's not going to hang the players out to dry in public. But then he persists with the same 11 and you start to wonder does he actually believe some of the nonsense he says post match. Baffling.

The nonsense isn't anything new really though is it? He doesn't change. It's just more palatable when the team is winning.

If youre old enough to remember what it was like sacking jose the 1st time and having guys like Scolari and Grant through the club youd seriously want us to hang onto Jose no matter what happens. Football is very fickle and were all guilty of it but knee jerk reactions towards players and more so managers is just a meltdown after a poor game. Thankfully the club is much better run now than it was then and i cant see jose leaving this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

All credit must go to everton, they were really good today at the back and took their chances.

Begovic made 2 or 3 good saves where as Howard was a passenger throughout really.

The story of our season is we're not simply doing enough to even match the others intensity and work rate and if youre not doing that, which is the basics, you'll be blown away by even the smaller teams.

We've had a difficult and tricky start with the teams we've faced but I cant say, hand on heart, we were clear;y better than any of the 5 teams we've played so far this year.

We were way too late coming back from pre-season and we had a poor pre-season then also, its dragged into this season and apart from beating WBA this season I think you've to go back to the Palace game in May to the last time we won in 90mins.

Something is seriously wrong and its not just one issue its a combination of a few things all fusing together to cause what is easily the worst start of any manager under Roman, points wise and performance wise.

This.
    The fitness and conditioning of most of the players looks way off. The only sharp player on the pitch for us was Pedro. He joined up at the end of August after training with Barca.

The preseason was an utter debacle (especially when you include that bullshít post-season tour to Japan and Australia). The players needed the break then. Fúck the marketing bullshít.

The lack of and disorder of the transfer activity is another issue. Everton made it clear Stones wasn't available so we should have been looking at other options earlier in the window or go in with a serious bid and get him even if it meant paying 40 million or more. Instead we wasted the whole window and ended up signing a token squad filler for 2-3 million who will be out the door in June.

But its hard to say that these performances weren't coming.
    The team as a whole was sleepwalking since January. Since the 5-3 loss to Spurs (with the exception of beating Swansea 5-0 away) we have been poor and relying on 1-2 players carrying the team over the line (Hazard, Matic Willian late last season etc). Now Hazard & Fab are completely out of form & Oscar is injured we are easier to defend against.

It's quite probable that the slump is down to the lack of rotation Mourinho was praised for early last season . The players just look mentally burned out as well as unfit. This is why we should have reinforced the squad earlier in the window.

The main result of this fatigue is how far our defence has regressed in 1 season (which is very odd given Mourinho teams are built from the back).
    Through 5 games we have conceded 38 shots on target and 12 goals. (Worst in the league).
    In comparison, City have given up 4 shots on target and 0 goals.

The worst thing is he won't call out the team or himself for the lack of performance.
    There is a time to deflect and this is not it. Several of the players need a rocket under them or to be dropped. Continuing with the "we're playing well but we're not getting the luck" is tiresome and players know he's talking shíte anyway.

Ive spouted this for months but retaining the league is much harder than winning it and inly paisley fwrgie and jose have sone it since 1980. Not wenger, ancelotti, pellogrini, mancini, daglish.

Weve not bought enough quality, city have soent 100m on 2 players, 2 starters really and we should have been looking to do similar business. We tried with stones but that failed and there was no mention of any other players bar pedro that would improve the xi. The players in the squad are too comfortable they know if they underperform we dont have the depth to move them to the bench.

I just hope we dont panic buy in january like cuadrado.

If youre old enough to remember what it was like sacking jose the 1st time and having guys like Scolari and Grant through the club youd seriously want us to hang onto Jose no matter what happens. Football is very fickle and were all guilty of it but knee jerk reactions towards players and more so managers is just a meltdown after a poor game. Thankfully the club is much better run now than it was then and i cant see jose leaving this year.

Everyone remembers our time in no man's land but I think the board and senior staff and Abramovich himself have come a long way. There is no way those mistakes will be repeated when Jose leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Best to avoid the shed, meltdown if the highest order!

It's times like this our faith is tested, but when it all comes good, chelsea is our religion.

KTBFFH.

Ps. Now I hate Martinez more!!

I hate Naismith frm his games against Ireland of the course he goes and gets 3 then today.

Do you feel under pressure? Mourinho: "No. I think the refugees are under big pressure."

He does love talking bo**ocks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If City win today and Chelsea start the CL badly might that be it? Abramovich has been happy to pull the trigger early in the season before - namely 19th of September 2007!

If City win today and Chelsea start the CL badly might that be it? Abramovich has been happy to pull the trigger early in the season before - namely 19th of September 2007!

City should win but if we dont beat M Tel A iv id be truly shocked. Theyre 4th seeds for a reason. They real test will be next week against Arsenal and i think newcastle after that. If we only pick up 1 or 2 pts from those games weve a teal battle on our hands for the rest of tje season to even be comfortable in the top 4 at this early stage.

I mentioned it already but the club is better run so there shouldnt be a k ee jerk reaction from the top brass barring even worse results but they should turn around eventually. We do however look miles off any team weve faced so far and its worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I just know there will be changes for the mid week game, the likes of Baba and RLC will play

But we'll go back to the usual "tried and tested failed" for the Arsenal game

I think the bad start is down to Jose refusing to rotate last year. Even when the title was won last year, the youths and other backups weren't played which is just so stupid. Playing the same players in almost every game last year up to and including christmas lead to the awful Spurs performance and every bad performance after that

My team for Tel Aviv would be:
    Begovic
    Azp Cahill Zouma Baba
    Matic RLC
    Traore Oscar Willian
    Falcao

Real pity Djilobodji isn't registered, both Terry and Zouma should be dropped. I'd give Traore a chance over Kenedy, Kenedy done eff all today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I put hard cash on Everton beating us 3-1.
    Hard cash!

Panthro wrote: »
    Hard cash!

The price was way too good to turn down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I got it at 28/1.
    Two euros well spent haha!

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Hard cash!

The price was way too good to turn down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Scolari & Grant Luxury pure luxury.

I remember Ron Suart, Danny Blanchflower, Ken Shellito, Ian Porterfield and the likes them were dark, dark, dark days. This is but a mere blip on the road to Nirvana I have often said TSHO works in mysterious ways His wonderful work to do.

And his team selection of late has certainly been mysterious but have faith my fellow Cherubs all will be well.

Feck City anyway with their near last minute winner

City goals conceded 0 Chelsea 11

We aren't doing anything right, we have problems in attack, midfield and biggest of all defense.

I'm 100% certain Ivanovic is going to start against Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Grant got us to a CL final and was a JT slip away from winning it - with some style too - we hit the woodwork on 2 occasions as I recall. Its all well and good having a manger in for the long haul to promote stability etc but its plain to see that Jose is not that man at this moment. There's something amiss with the whole situation. He has previous - I'll be glad to see him gone. This is 5 poor games in a row.

Ivan needs to be pole axed in training by someone.

I'd hope not, all that was, was a change in personnel on the bench, it shouldnt effect the players playing ability and unless its gone into their heads that Jose was wrong to move her.

He wont bring her back as hes too stubborn and he'll fall on that particular sword before he ever brings her back.

Swansea, as has been shown are very good, We've a terrible record away to WBA, City at home are a juggernaut, Palace have the best away record in the league over the last 8 games and everton away again, a hugely difficult game and we've Arsenal next. Thats a very hard start by anyones books.

you can disagree but we've not had a harder start than this in a long time, we'll win games again, we're too good not to but I dont think we'll win the title and thats not exactly sticking my neck out but I think we could easily fall into a battle for the top if we dont start notching up wins.

Still feel the same after today's result? 10 man new boys Watford 1 - 0 Swansea. Just goes to show how bad we were against Swansea.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Still feel the same after today's result? 10 man new boys Watford 1 - 0 Swansea. Just goes to show how bad we were against Swansea.

Just like our recent games, one result doesnt make you a poor team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's all this **** about jose being sacked ?? He's not gona be sacked , although if we lose to Arsenal then you'd never know. It's not really his fault , no one in the team are really performing well. The only thing annoying me about him is that he won't drop Ivan or cesc. Or Costa tbh

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What's all this **** about jose being sacked ?? He's not gona be sacked , although if we lose to Arsenal then you'd never know. It's not really his fault , no one in the team are really performing well. The only thing annoying me about him is that he won't drop Ivan or cesc. Or Costa tbh

Chelsea have previous form for sacking managers early, it's a deserved reputation in fairness

Jose won't drop players who are playing like dogturd, such as Ivan, Cesc, Costa, Hazard. A lot of it is his fault

50% of it is Jose 50% is the players.

He picks what he thinks is the best team but for 90mins if those XI you pick dont perform youre pretty f**ked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

It's amazing how quickly he dropped/banished certain players that didn't meet his requirements or whose form dipped in any way (Mata, Luiz, De Bruyne, Schurlle etc.) and yet he persists with Ivanovic and Fabregas in particular. Hazard and Costa aren't far off them.

I wouldn't be the biggest Jose fan in the world, but any talk of the sack is ridiculous tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Crackle wrote: »
    It's amazing how quickly he dropped/banished certain players that didn't meet his requirements or whose form dipped in any way (Mata, Luiz, De Bruyne, Schurlle etc.) and yet he persists with Ivanovic and Fabregas in particular. Hazard and Costa aren't far off them.

I wouldn't be the biggest Jose fan in the world, but any talk of the sack is ridiculous tbf.

Crazy comparison to make. All of those 4 we're sold because we had replacements for them already in the squad compared to 4 of our best players last season.

Ivanovic needs to be dropped but we don't know what Baba Rahman is like. I expect we'll see Baba during the week and Ivanovic again for Arsenal.

I have one positive thing to say about Jose, he's very loyal to those who have done him well, it's to his peril now but at the same time it's a good trait in someone but not necessarily as a football manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Imo Jose is a legend and deserves the utmost of respect, his team selection as of late has been highly questionable but I'd settle for 4th if it means bringing the younger lads into the fold more. What is clear though us that ffp is a load of bs and so we really should've added a big name or two. However, talk of the sack is ridiculous and at this stage and I'm sure all the Chelsea detractors are only waiting for another reason to poop on the club

Beat Tel Aviv with a few changes and we'll be in better mood going into a huge game against Arsenal.

Id change a decent amount of them.

Begovic
    Azp Cahill JT Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Pedro Oscar Kenedy
    Falcao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The attack will click and they'll be fine. I'd be worried about the defence though. Ivan and Terry may just be past it which leaves 4 defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

gosplan wrote: »
    The attack will click and they'll be fine.

be waiting a long time for an attack that contain Falcao to "click" I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

be waiting a long time for an attack that contain Falcao to "click" I'd say

Perhaps Falcao can be judged if he were to start a few games on the bounce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Costa's record speaks for itself. 4 goals in his last 19. While this isn't completely his fault for us to have any success this season we need him firing.

I still have full faith we can turn this around but the importance of this Saturday against Arsenal is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I personally think Chelsea will pull through this trough. The league is probably gone, and Abramovich's expectations will have adjusted on this score.

I don't think Jose is on the line. Unless he either loses the dressingroom, or results continue in this vein for another 4-6 weeks (i.e. UCL qualification comes under serious threat). But for this squad and Jose, UCL qualification is a big target to aim at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

For some reason, this time around at Chelsea, Jose seems to be unable to incorporate squad players.

Having no backup options for so many positions is a problem.

I wonder about Cudrado, F Luis and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wonder if Ranieri fancies his old job back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Carlo/Guus dreamteam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement